September 1, 2014 | 1865 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Olay Simply Ageless

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received both the corrector and concealer in a package with other Simply Ageless products by being a BuzzAgent and these I like a lot. I got the concealer in medium dark which really isn't that dark. I think people will be disappointed if they try to match to the usual (and logical) choices they normally pick in concealers since these tend to be lighter than expected. I really liked both the corrector and concealer for their under eye coverage and their staying power and will repurchase but I think these will last a long time. I applied them with a concealer brush and everytime I checked my eyes during the day, they still looked fresh. I used the corrector on the red parts around my nose and it did sink into my pores, but once I put foundation on top, it was ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jenkutz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received both the corrector and the concealer as part of a Buzz Campaign. I don't have an big issue with blemishes but I do have an huge problem with blue undereye circles. Since the corrector has a yellow tint and is made for under eye circles, that was the first product to be tried. I really like the consistancy of the corrector. It is thick enough to actually conceal the circles (not just sink in like a moisturizer) but not so thick that it looked cakey or was hard to blend. A small amount goes a long way! The first time I tried it I put way too much on but that was me just doing product overkill. I don't have alot of fine lines but I didn't feel like it settled into what few I did have or my pores for that matter. I also applied it to my eye lids and it served as a nice primer to make eyeshadow colors more vibrant. I also found that that it had great staying power. Now I do have dry skin so perhaps it would not have lasted so long on someone with oily skin but it didn't absorb into my dry skin like alot of products tend to do after so long. I was pleased with the corrector on its own and just used it with foundation. I didn't feel like I needed to concealer on top on it. Since I don't have a blemish issue I just sort of played around with the concealer versus giving it the true test drive that I gave to the corrector, but from all my make up play time I would say that the concealer is very similar to the corrector just a different color tint. I would definately buy the corrector again, if I ever run out of this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by susjs

I received the Simply Ageless concealer and corrector as part of a Bzzkit package and will review these products together since that's how they're meant to be used. The concealer was my favorite product in the kit and something I've enjoyed using daily -- it's replaced all the other concealers I've had in rotation. Colour: I received this in Light/Medium which is a perfect match for my skintone [Armani LSF in 5, Laura Mercier TM in Nude, Bobbi Brown - Sand, Revlon Sand Beige, MAC MSFN in Medium-Plus.] Packaging: A round, clear plastic pot with a twist-off cap and generous amout of product. [9g, or .3oz] The lid feels bigger than necessary making this a slightly bulky product to carry in an everyday makeup bag. Performance: The concealer is swirled with Olay's serum and applies very smoothly - I use a small fluffy brush like a MAC 224 and just dip the tip in lightly, then buff it under my eyes, concentrating on the inner corners where I have the most darkness. Coverage is on the lighter side of medium with a natural, smooth finish. All concealers eventually settle in my fine lines but this one held up pretty well and far surpasses other drugstore concealer I've tried in the past. The corrector is meant to hide very dark undereye circles and be worn under the concealer - I find that layering products like this only causes them to settle into fine lines quicker and look more obvious, so I don't use it in that way. It has a similar consistency to the concealer but a more yellow tone, so I use this to cover any redness from an occasional breakout or broken capillary. Probably won't repurchase the corrector but the concealer is a big win!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by queenjaime572

I received this product as a Bzzagent and I really love it. I don't have much of a problem with dark circles, so I have used it as my regular concealer to cover blemishes. It is so creamy and blendable and it covers very well. I will definitely purchase this product once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by gloria_conway

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the eye corrector/concealer as a BzzAgent & would buy either one.

Wearing both is usually too much...so I usually use just the corrector. If I feel/look haggard, then I use both. They are creamy, blend well & lasted wonderfully.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer based on the reviews here and was excited to try it. Unfortunately when I did it started burning my skin. I tried it a few other times and even though it didn't burn, I didn't like the result. It was hard to blend and sunk into my fine lines. I had to return it. Beware if you have sensitive skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by SSCLBC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recieved both the concealer and corrector as a BzzAgent. The corrector has a more yellow cast to it and is meant to be used with the concealer. I think this is overkill unless you have a black eye so the rest of the review pertains to the concealer. You get quite a bit of product. The creme concealer applies easily and is easy to blend. I find it's best to apply with a foundation brush, but fingers work almost as well. No applicator is included. It offers good coverage and stays put all day. I don't usually use concealer but I do like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by nsr

I love that this product has a cream in it. Sometimes concealers can be very dry and hard to spread around. This goes on creamy but doesn't stay that way once you have it on which is nice. I noticed that it lasts all day unless I am at work and really running around on a 12 hour shift! I use 205 which is a nice light color as a concealer, ( didn't care for the Simply Ageless foundation which can be too light and chalky) It covers well but I really dont have a lot to cover up so its just enough for me. I used to use Mac but that always seemed too dry. This is well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Would I buy this product again? If only there was a maybe...but I chose yes. I got this product in a BzzAgent campaign. I didn't really think I needed concealer under my eyes because I don't have dark circles or anything like that, I do have some fine lines but my foundation and moisturizer does ok for that. The color they sent me was medium/dark. I am by no means very dark...I have only a slight tan right now but this is still too light for me. So for anyone with a dark complexion, this will definitely by way too light. That being said, I do like this product. It doesn't settle into my lines and it's not drying or cakey. This "jar" should last me a long time but I'd possibly buy it again...just depends on how I feel about it long term.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used up a whole jar of this before writing this review. I didn't realize how good it was until I ran out and used my MAC select concealer which dried out my undereyes sooo badly. My first jar of the CG concealer was 205 very light. I'm super pale but this was way tooo light. I used it anyway just and blended it in. Compared to the MAC concealer, it is super creamy but covers very well. It doesn't crease on me and the moisturizers really helped keep my undereye area from drying. I just purchased a 2nd jar today, this time in light which is a better color match. I do adore this as a drug store concealer. Until I find something better, this will be HG for me.