October 23, 2014 | 1210 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I got a mini version of this in Benefit's Full Glam Ahead set that has two other minis with it, a Bad Gal Lash mascara and High Beam highlighter. The Bad Gal lash is one of the worst mascara's I have ever used - the reason I bring it up on this review is because it is part of this set and I have already reviewed in a long time ago. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. For $12 for all three products however, this set is a steal! I don't actually like Stay Don't Stray enough to buy the full size of it because Elf's e/s primer is actually better and ta da . . . it's only $1. This would make a great gift though because it's a great way to try the products and the packaging is irresistible. Benefit packaging is so cute!! I think they spend more money on packaging and paying some really creative people to name their products than the actual ingredients put into their mu because I have yet to find something in their line I truly like.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Dancerbabe303107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product at all. First off it is kind of an expensive product, $26 for a tube. I bought mine in a sample set for $10 with two other mini products. I go to school and have activities through out the day. I have semi oily eye lids so that might add to the issue. I normally apply my make up around 6:40 in the morning and take it off around 9. It is a very think concealer like product. I creases on my eye lids as well. After 6 hours my eye shadow looks horrible! I don't recommend this to anyone! Stick to Urban Decay Primer potion or Too Face shadow insurance!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I ran out of my Urban Decay Primer Potion, and when I saw that my local Shoppers Drug Mart sold Benefit products, I decided to try this out. I have extremely oily lids, and without primer, my eyeshadow would probably crease in less than 2 hours. With this primer, my eyeshadows take about 3-4 hours to crease. It does work quite well, but not as well as the UDPP. I love the fact that the product comes with a pump, and a little goes a long way. I only need a tiny dot for both eyelids. I don't use this as a concealer primer, so I can't really say how well that works.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dryish skin that is starting to show fine lines. This did even out my under eye area, and made my concealer stay put, however i found it drying. As an eyelid primer, it creased after about hours on me, but that is applying over a heavy eye cream. Will not repurchase because it is drying and emphasizes my fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Stephy82

I purchased some beauty mini kit at sephora and in it was a small sized tube of this primer.. The small tube actually lasted me a really long time so i imagine if u buy the large regular size it would last forever. The pump is great i like thAt and i also like that the product has a neutral color to it so it not only "holds shadows in place" it gives your eylids a clean slate to work with. I always look for primers with a bit of a natural color to them as opposed to clear. Now the most important part and where it failed is in holding my shadows without creases., bottom line it doesnt. My eye shadows were creased within the hour or application. And i buy high end eyshadows and theyve never creased with any orher primer so i know this primer is the culprit. I was actually convinced for a while that i loved it and was ready to buy till i used my too faced shadow insurance and was like omg the benefit one is creasing my shadows snd so i bought a mac primer instead. So overall wouldnt buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by gLoOo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I still wonder why there are so many negative comments about this product. So far I find this product really good but there are some of the product description that I may negate on basing on what I experienced about this primer.

First of all the product itself. I find the product easy to apply and easy to blend out. It made my eyeshadow stand out and last for about 6 hours. Note that I have this really oily eye lids and that after 2 hours (without an e/s primer) my eyeshadow starts to crease and the oil from my lids tends to make my eyeshadow disappear. So when I started using this product, it actually prevents my eyelids from being oily for about 6 hours and to no disappointment my eyeshadow stay put. So I agree with it that it stays put and no creasing - for the eyeshadow at least. Also note that I am only using an eyeshadow palette which I bought for only $3 which wasn't also a famous product and it doesn't really stand out when applied without any primer at all. So I wonder why others said here that it didn't work for their eyeshadows? Maybe it depends on your eyeshadow product or the way you applied it. Because for me, it really did work well even though I used this with cheap eyeshadows.

Second, it says that it also prevents your concealer from creasing. Well I say no, not at all. My concealer doesn't make any difference with or without this primer on. I see no improvements when I used this prior to applying my concealer. That's why I only use it as an eye shadow primer cause its a waste of product when it does nothing at all to your concealer.

Third, I like the packaging. The pump makes it easier to get the product you need. I have no problems with the packaging.

In conclusion, I like this product - only as an eyeshadow primer. But its not worth the money. Its too expensive and I can still get better eyeshadow primers out there at a cheaper price. I wouldn't repurchase.

NEW UPDATE: I am starting to hate this product. Since I've got oily and hooded lids, my eye shadows starts to crease for less than 6 hours now and I regret spending so much with these.. totally turned off.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by hailsp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is ridiculous. I love benefit products so I thought I would give it a try. I don't believe you need a concealer primer! The concealer should be able to take care of the job all on it's own. As far as it's effectiveness as an eyeshadow primer, there are MUCH better out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by carmenw14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was pretty disappointed with this product. The women at Sephora recommended it as an eyelid primer/eyeshadow base. I didn't notice that it didn't work, but I didn't notice that it did anything either, and for it's price, it definitely was not worth it. I do use it as an undereye concealer though, so for that it seems to do just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Benefit. No, really. Every other benefit product I have is ace. This doesn't work. At all. On any level. It is actually amazing in its abject refusal to do any of the things it claims it will do. I do, admittedly, have oily eye lids, but do you want to know how long it took for my eye make up to smudge? Do you? Oh, okay, I shall tell you. TEN MINUTES. As in, quicker than if I were to put no primer on at all.

As for being a concealer primer, now, here it does something special. It makes the concealer gather into your lines in the most bizarre manner whilst also drying the under eye area. Nice.

It is nearly twenty quid. When I returned it to the shop, the benefit lady suggested that perhaps I was not applying it correctly. I assured her I had, due to my magical ability to read and understand diagrams, and then I had to stare at her for a bit before she would take the thing back. For twenty quid, I would expect a primer to work, and also to perhaps dance the macarena and bring its own wine. Which, incidentally, the Nars one does. Work, that is. If it dances the macarena it must do it when I am asleep.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

my eyeshadow AND under eye concealer creases with this primer. this doesnt make colors appeae vibrant, the color still fades away, its just horrible. worst product from benefit since all benefit products ive tried were amazing.