BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 5/30/2012 4:37:00 PM

Overall I think this is a great product. It works like it is supposed to, my eyeshadow and liner stay put. I find that the application is easy, the fluid itself is thin but dries to a powdery finish. I also like that the product is slightly tinted so it has a concealer like effect to it.

on 5/22/2012 10:27:00 PM

This primer really does make products stay. It's tacky consistency is perfect to prime concealer.

I put it on early in the morning and my make up lasts late into the night (I can go out after work without touching up). I have hooded eyes and am prone to eyeshaddow creasing, but this primer stops it from happening.

Tip: only push the pump 1/2 way down! You don't need any more than that!

on 5/22/2012 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Compared to the Urban Decay Primer Potion I didn't really find much of a difference except that the Benefit one was a little thicker and concealed my lids for an even look (which I didn't mind). But as far as lasting power, my eye makeup stayed in place throughout the day. I probably wouldn't repurchase this because it cost so much and I can pretty much get the same effect with the UDPP for a few dollars cheaper.

on 4/27/2012 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I actually found this to be an effective eyeshadow primer! I had a small sample bottle of this that I hadn't used and just thought I'd try it out on a whim. I have oily, acne-prone skin which is pretty uneven, and eyeshadow always looks terrible on me! I've had mediocre results with Urban Decay Primer Potion; it was better than using nothing, but still creased on me.

While UDPP is kind of gel-like, this seems to be more of an opaque product. I applied just a dab of it over my lids which had a little foundation and powder already on them. I then applied just a thin layer of shadow (I'm too scared to put on any more than that!). And 6 hours later, I have very little creasing. I can't believe it! Usually my eyelids crease just from having a little powder from my powder brush, but for some reason, this product works with my skin type.

The downside is that the full-sized product is a bit expensive and the pump packaging is strange for a primer. I literally used just a finger's touch of this per lid. No way would I need even a full drop of it! I think this would be better in a squeeze tube where you could control the amount better. Furthermore, I don't think it would work with everyone's skin type.

on 4/26/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this. I purchased it as a primer for my concealer but use it for lids as well.

I use this everyday and it really helps my concealer stay put over all the foundation and eye cream I put on underneath. It has helped keep my bluish/purple circles from peeking out as much by the afternoon. There is a bit of a tint to it which helps the concealing factor as well.

After putting on my many serums and moisturizers I pump some of this out on the back of my hand, use a sponge to dab into it and press it into the skin underneath my eyes gently. After about a minute I do the same with my current concealer-of-the-month and presto! much more staying power than before.

I do agree the pump stinks! Too much product comes out so I do have to be careful with that. All in all, I would repurchase this as it has become a staple for my concealing routine.

on 4/24/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used different primer and fell in love with this one - the end of the day or night my eye shadow is still in full effect! I'm not an everyday full make up user and this one does not dry out as fast as others... BUT make sure you dont push the pump down too much cause a lot comes out

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just got this primer, I've been using it for a week and I'm pretty sure it's already HG status for me. I'm very surprised to see negative reviews on here because for me there is absolutely nothing wrong with this product. It is a great primer as well as a FANTASTIC under eye concealer! What's not to love? It is tinted, but the shade is PERFECT for my skin. I imagine if this was not the exact right color for me I might not be such a fan, but I am seriously in love with this stuff. Just great!

on 4/10/2012 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

best eyelid primer ever!!!!!!

on 4/8/2012 8:36:00 AM

Not very useful, I find. The SA at Sephora talked me into this saying it was a good primer for the eye as well as an under eye concealer. Hmmmm.....I find the consistency sketchy and therefore it doesn't work that well under my eyes and I definitely don't find it useful as an eye primer. I may try to find an alternate use for this? but basically feel like I threw $20+ down the drain. Not sure how you can mess up an eye primer.

on 4/8/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

They should call this "Stray Don't Stay". Seriously. For something marketed as a primer, it primes NOTHING. I've used UDPP for a couple months as well as MAC Paint as a primer. I got a mini sample of this and wanted to see if it was as good as these. It doesn't even compare. I feel like my eyeshadow creases more with this on.
The only reason I give this a 2 - it's a great undereye concealer. Still not as good as my Maybelline Dream Lumi or Erase Paste.

Save your money and go for UDPP for powder/pan shadows and MAC Paint (not Paint Pot) for creams.

Video Reviews & Tutorials