July 22, 2014 | 1300 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a while ago based on a youtuber (don't even remember who since I watch so many) and thought this was a pretty good highlighter. I bought mine at London Drugs in Canada. I have not used this as an eyeshadow as some people have but it would give a really nice shimmer and nice overall eyeshadow color. As a highlighter, it is quite pigmented so a light hand is needed when dabbing a brush in it. I apply this above my cheekbones and it gives a very soft subtle highlight to the face without the face looking oily because of it's shimmer. However, I could see how girls with fine lines or oily face may find that this may accentuate their oiliness or wrinkles because of the shimmer, so keep in mind when applying. Overall, I think this is a good highlighter. Would most likely repurchase this if I wasn't out buying everything else that's new on the market lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by loveandrockets21

Another hit with TheBalm Cosmetics. Able to be used practically everywhere. gives a very natural glow. I like to put some on my cupids bow to make my lips look fuller :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this one, my HG highlighter
Price: normal, in my country is $29.5
Quality: Awesome, shimmery, in a good way. A little bit go a long way
Packaging: Lovely, make me want to makeup everyday

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Babygirlm25

Love this highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing highlighter. Gives an amazing, glowing, angelic "lit from within" look to the face. It doesn't make you look like a glittery mess like a lot of other highlighters. Lasts a long time, doesn't irrirate the skin, doesn't settle into pores or fine lines, doesn't make skin look oily. It's just amazing! The only downside is that it's white. So if you're going for a bronzed, sun-kissed, summery glow, you may want to use a different highlighter, one thats more champagne. Or just layer this on top of a bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by morphinization

I often like pink/cool-toned highlighters as they tend to show up better on my skin, but this highlighter is so silky, smooth, buttery and pigmented that it shows up plenty well enough on its own, and I love it even more for its gorgeous golden-white sheen. I also prefer powder highlighters over liquid/gel/cream as they tend to blend out a little better and look a little more natural. I also love that theBalm in general uses better ingredients (it seems that most of their products are paraben-free) compared to other non-drugstore brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jmarshtomp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how this has a golden sheen to it. I have a pinky highlighter, and this blends into my skin a lot better ('cause I'm Asian). Anyway, I was going to give this a lower rating because I've noticed that close to my mirror and under my bathroom light, I could see distinct glitter particles. Not a big deal, as from normal distance and natural lighting, it's not noticeable. But that was when I applied it on bare skin. I've recently started using mineral foundation, and when applied over mineral foundation, this just gives me a nice glow, not a glitter particle to be seen! It looks great and natural, and it gives dimension to my face. Not to mention that the pan's huge and the highlighter does not seem to fade as the day goes on.

Addition: If I apply this lightly on the inner half of my eyelid, it makes my eyes look so much prettier! And doing this doesn't cover up the color of whatever eye shadow I'm wearing, if any.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer comes highly recommended on the boards, but I have to say I'm not too enthused about it. The powder is a little dusty but creamy and soft to the touch. It feels lightweight. It lasts fine on me. In the pan, it looks like a sheeny white-gold color, and if you look closely, you can see fine multicolored shimmer. Once applied, it seems to warm up on my pasty NW5 complexion and even looks a bit yellowy on. The shimmer isn't all that blingy, but it is noticeable even when blended out. I can see why people like it--you can do far worse with all the glitterbombs being sold as highlighters these days--but I prefer Shiseido High Beam White for its incandescent sheeny powers of defining features sans shimmer.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by chupachups79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I use it everyday as a highlighter and it just softens my face while adding a golden glow. Love it because it doesn't add glitter, it just adds a soft golden sheen. The compact that it comes in is sturdy, very cute and with a nice mirror. I use ecotools finishing kabuki to apply a very, very small amount all over. With this product, you only need a little to see a big difference so that's really value for $$

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by larissagurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOOOVE! Such a pretty color and super light feeling looks angelic on brow bone cheeks inner eye corner very lovely as a base eyeshadow. The packaging is alight minus the fact the actually plate thing keeps falling out of the mirror part but I guess you could just glue it down. Expensive but worth it :)