October 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had had a hard time finding the right powder highlighter for awhile, they all looked too powdery on the skin, were too sparkly rather than shimmery, or didn't match my skintone. Until Mary-Lou! I have read reviews that complain it's too much sparkle/shimmer, but this highlighter is so finely milled it looks creamy on the skin, and quite buildable depending on brush and heaviness of hand. The packaging contains lots of product and the outside is cute, the mirror inside it is nice and big. And it just wears so nicely. HG highlighter for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's a great highlighter and a large eyeshadow! Pigmentation is great, the product is smooth and beautiful. I'm really picky with highlighters since I hate glittery and over the top ones, but this does the job nicely, just be careful not to put on too much. It is a classic gorgeous champagne highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have both highlighter and brozer.
I use this as a highlighter when I want to warm up my skin more.
All I need is a fan brush bc the color is so rich and pigmented.
I bought it for a bit over 10 bucks at Marshalls and I believe it came with a lip gloss which btw is also very rich and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this highlighter and i was in love, I couldn't wait to try it out and when I finally did it looked amazing..

However I went out and bought HARD CANDY in TIKI accidentally instead of Hula Hula and guess what..ITS A DUPE

I returned my MARY-LOU MANIZER because the price difference can't be beat and its a pretty good dupe.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

I think I was only initially drawn to this highligher because of the rave reviews, but after using it for awhile, I really do like it and it is becoming my fav highlighter. I either use hard candy dollface mixed into my foundation as a highlighter, or else I will this with a brush just lightly under my eyes, bridge of nose, cupids bow, and a little on my forehead and chin. It really brightens the face, and will take me years to get through because you really only need to use so little. great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to try a highlighter for a while, but was dubious about ending up with a teenage glitter-ball effect. This was on sale on StrawberryNet at a supercheap price so got it as a low-risk experiment.

At first sight this looks like a gold pinky-champagney pressed powder. This doesn't have visible particles of glitter and applies as a buttery smooth powder which leaves a subtle sheen on skin. Really impressed by the finish of this product. I use it sparingly in winter to give my cheeks a bit of a lift. I have oily skin so don't tend to reach for it in summer so much.

The packaging is cute, but I do wish that it was square or rectangular so it could be more easily stored but it's not a deal-breaker. You get a LOT of product, so while I don't think I'll ever hit pan and need to re-purchase, I'd be happy to buy again to replace it if I lost or dropped it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ShawndyLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a fair, ruddy complexion, and this highlighter really works for me. It is by-far my favorite highlighter. I think the shimmer is perfect and photographs beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Kerri8d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It did not worked for me, I think if you have a yellow undertone i would be good, but not for me who has a red undertone. And I think when you use on your cheakbones it would seem kind of dry or powdered. And I would not use this as a highlighter on the forehead or chin because there is glimmer in it, and then it would look like you god a shine face/oily face. But there is a lot of people who looooves it!
But good as eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a while ago based on a youtuber (don't even remember who since I watch so many) and thought this was a pretty good highlighter. I bought mine at London Drugs in Canada. I have not used this as an eyeshadow as some people have but it would give a really nice shimmer and nice overall eyeshadow color. As a highlighter, it is quite pigmented so a light hand is needed when dabbing a brush in it. I apply this above my cheekbones and it gives a very soft subtle highlight to the face without the face looking oily because of it's shimmer. However, I could see how girls with fine lines or oily face may find that this may accentuate their oiliness or wrinkles because of the shimmer, so keep in mind when applying. Overall, I think this is a good highlighter. Would most likely repurchase this if I wasn't out buying everything else that's new on the market lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by loveandrockets21

Another hit with TheBalm Cosmetics. Able to be used practically everywhere. gives a very natural glow. I like to put some on my cupids bow to make my lips look fuller :)