August 30, 2014 | 1719 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to try a highlighter for a while, but was dubious about ending up with a teenage glitter-ball effect. This was on sale on StrawberryNet at a supercheap price so got it as a low-risk experiment.

At first sight this looks like a gold pinky-champagney pressed powder. This doesn't have visible particles of glitter and applies as a buttery smooth powder which leaves a subtle sheen on skin. Really impressed by the finish of this product. I use it sparingly in winter to give my cheeks a bit of a lift. I have oily skin so don't tend to reach for it in summer so much.

The packaging is cute, but I do wish that it was square or rectangular so it could be more easily stored but it's not a deal-breaker. You get a LOT of product, so while I don't think I'll ever hit pan and need to re-purchase, I'd be happy to buy again to replace it if I lost or dropped it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ShawndyLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a fair, ruddy complexion, and this highlighter really works for me. It is by-far my favorite highlighter. I think the shimmer is perfect and photographs beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Kerri8d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It did not worked for me, I think if you have a yellow undertone i would be good, but not for me who has a red undertone. And I think when you use on your cheakbones it would seem kind of dry or powdered. And I would not use this as a highlighter on the forehead or chin because there is glimmer in it, and then it would look like you god a shine face/oily face. But there is a lot of people who looooves it!
But good as eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a while ago based on a youtuber (don't even remember who since I watch so many) and thought this was a pretty good highlighter. I bought mine at London Drugs in Canada. I have not used this as an eyeshadow as some people have but it would give a really nice shimmer and nice overall eyeshadow color. As a highlighter, it is quite pigmented so a light hand is needed when dabbing a brush in it. I apply this above my cheekbones and it gives a very soft subtle highlight to the face without the face looking oily because of it's shimmer. However, I could see how girls with fine lines or oily face may find that this may accentuate their oiliness or wrinkles because of the shimmer, so keep in mind when applying. Overall, I think this is a good highlighter. Would most likely repurchase this if I wasn't out buying everything else that's new on the market lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by loveandrockets21

Another hit with TheBalm Cosmetics. Able to be used practically everywhere. gives a very natural glow. I like to put some on my cupids bow to make my lips look fuller :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Love this one, my HG highlighter
Price: normal, in my country is $29.5
Quality: Awesome, shimmery, in a good way. A little bit go a long way
Packaging: Lovely, make me want to makeup everyday

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Babygirlm25

Love this highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing highlighter. Gives an amazing, glowing, angelic "lit from within" look to the face. It doesn't make you look like a glittery mess like a lot of other highlighters. Lasts a long time, doesn't irrirate the skin, doesn't settle into pores or fine lines, doesn't make skin look oily. It's just amazing! The only downside is that it's white. So if you're going for a bronzed, sun-kissed, summery glow, you may want to use a different highlighter, one thats more champagne. Or just layer this on top of a bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by morphinization

I often like pink/cool-toned highlighters as they tend to show up better on my skin, but this highlighter is so silky, smooth, buttery and pigmented that it shows up plenty well enough on its own, and I love it even more for its gorgeous golden-white sheen. I also prefer powder highlighters over liquid/gel/cream as they tend to blend out a little better and look a little more natural. I also love that theBalm in general uses better ingredients (it seems that most of their products are paraben-free) compared to other non-drugstore brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jmarshtomp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how this has a golden sheen to it. I have a pinky highlighter, and this blends into my skin a lot better ('cause I'm Asian). Anyway, I was going to give this a lower rating because I've noticed that close to my mirror and under my bathroom light, I could see distinct glitter particles. Not a big deal, as from normal distance and natural lighting, it's not noticeable. But that was when I applied it on bare skin. I've recently started using mineral foundation, and when applied over mineral foundation, this just gives me a nice glow, not a glitter particle to be seen! It looks great and natural, and it gives dimension to my face. Not to mention that the pan's huge and the highlighter does not seem to fade as the day goes on.

Addition: If I apply this lightly on the inner half of my eyelid, it makes my eyes look so much prettier! And doing this doesn't cover up the color of whatever eye shadow I'm wearing, if any.