April 21, 2014 | 933 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a superb highlighter! It gives a soft, diffused glow and offers a "dewy" finish that looks very natural. Its very hard to come across a powder highlighter that mimics the effects of a liquid one. Applying a liquid highlighter over top of my setting powder always looks cakey and streaky, so its fantastic that there is a powder highlighter that gives such a perfect glow to the skin. I also use it on my brow bone and around the tear duct, its just fantastic. The amount of product you get in the compact is impressive as well. If you are looking for a powder highlighter that doesn't look like powder on the skin and mimics a "dewy" look, this is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Mellydelp

Very beautiful highlighter.
Will repurchase when I run out (which will be in 5 years)
Had this over a year now looks brand new like I haven't even used it . But in reality iI use it every single day lol....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Norah1325

This was my first The Balm product I ever tried, I got it about 2 yrs ago for like 26 dells I believe... I've never had to try another luminizer.
The product itself is very fine and long lasting. The packaging is super cute and of good quality plus it has a compact sized mirror which is awesome. The price is a little steep for my taste, but I know that I can get them much cheaper at eBay and amazon, so I don't complain haha. Overall I think it's a great product, that's worth the money and hype. Highly recommend it :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by peronce

I use this on occasions, more at night than during the day. I found it to be too shimmery and powdery. I don't like the package as the pan come out easily. Just be careful as I just dropped mine and it broke in pieces. Love TheBalm products but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG..... this is such a beautiful product!!! I bought this because the good reviews I saw on MUA, so when I saw this in store on sale for $20 CAD I bought it immediately. The SA also gave me a free cosmetic bag from TheBalm. I saw on the website that it's only free with over $50 of purchase, so it is a surprise. I already took out all my makeups from my chanel classic black bag and put them into TheBalm makeup bag, just because it's so much cuter :p

Back to the product, I'm so glad that I bought this. I tried it on and immediately felt that there had never been any highlighter better than this one. I pretty much used all kind of popular highlighters in the past years, I'm the type of girl would put no makeup on except a touch of highlighter. The one I sticked with the longest was the Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick, and I have to say even I love Bobbi Brown products, theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer is 100 times better than the shimmer brick!

The packaging is so cute, convenient and good quality, the texture of the product is so much softer, and it's much more pigmented. You would think Bobbi Brown has some of the most pigmented products in the market, but wait till you see this one. Also the finish is soooo... natural, and some how the powder doesn't look dry at all on my very dry skin. It won't highlight the fine lines when I smile, which none of any other powder product can do, from CHANEL, Dior, YSL, Guerlain, Clinque, Givenchy ... to Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Mac, etc.

It's also worth to mention that the product is Paraben free and fragrance free. Like I said in my other reviews, I try to use as less paraben products as I can. I don't intent to put anything on me that makes me pretty temporary but unhealthy and ugly in the future. That's another reason I've been using bobbi brown's products for such a long time. Pretty much all other powder products I used contain paraben and very strong fragrance, regardless HE or none HE.

I'm so happy that I found this highlighter and will definitely stick with it, as long as the company is still making it. Also thanks to MUA, otherwise I might keep wasting time and money on finding and buying better highlighters.

I suggest that you use figure to apply the product instead of a brush to ensure a more precise application, also brush will waste too much product, you really just need to use a tiny bit, it's very pigmented so a little goes a long way.

This is absolutely a perfect highlighter, you can use it with or without makeup, it will make your skin naturally glow without looking too shimmering and fake like a light bulb, you can also use it as a shadow base to light up your eye, or highlight the tear duct and brow bone, put it on the top of your lips to give a fuller looking lips. Not to mention it's so much cheaper as well compare to all other popular HE highlighters, and you get to keep away from the harsh chemicals. Just go to get it if you haven't own one, see all this much review I wrote, I'm not kidding!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

What an absolutely beautiful highlighter, a nice buttery texture and a gorgeous champagne colour that will suit most skin tones from light to dark. I have deep tanned skin and this highlights my cheekbones and brow bones without the area looking chalky like some light highlighters can do so on me. A really nice product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a highlighter addict, I seriously have a problem with acquiring every highlighter anyone recommends. I must have a gazillion liquid, cream, powder highlighters. I do think they add a lot to any look and this one is no exception. I picked this one up because I tried out TheBalm's NudeTude palette and adore it and am a sucker for cute packaging. This highlighter really does live up to what everyone says - the shade is universal, the formula is smooth and very blendable and the product itself is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. Trust me, I will never use this up! I usually press this onto the top of my cheekbones and move up to the side of my face to make the letter "C" and then blend it out. The compact itself is very cute with a big round mirror I love. All in all I'm very very impressed with TheBalm -can't wait to pick up more items from them!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this highlighter because I have JM illuminizer but really wanted to try a power. Just like everyone else I really like this product. It's so easy to give it 5 lippie's because it really is amazing. I'm an NW15-20 and this gold color just looks beautiful on my moon burnt skin;). The color is perfect with my pink undertones and is very soft and finely milled. I use it with a medium size bronzer brush swirl tap and then i apply it after my blush to my cheekbones. I do a little on my nose and a touch on my brow bone,cupid,inner eye but I mostly use it to highlight my cheeks.

I highly recommend this because I have had no experience with highlighters. With this it's kinda full proof so if your new to highlighting I really recommend this because it's easy to learn and it is very forgiving. I watched one 3 minute YouTube tutorial and it was no problem and made my cheekbones look awesome. I always thought using a product like this is just too much makeup but no way would I think that now.

It's an enhancer and the MaryLou is my favorite without a doubt. It is also awesome because it compliments a multitude of skin tones and it isn't too glittery so I can see myself using this for more than just special occasions without a doubt.I'm in <3 get it you will be really happy. Plus the packaging is awesome an for the price you get a lot of product. Totally happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this for my medium skin tone, im a NC35 in mac foundations btw, this highlighter is so much better than MAC mineralized skinfinishes, although i only have soft and gentle MSF to compare, i really really love this, gives me that nice and healthy glow to make my face glow and dewy skin:) LOVE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

It took me awhile to warm up to liking this product. I went through a highlighter phase, and this was one of the first I tried. Found it to be "too dramatic and shiny." Now, having tried several others, I prefer this one when I want a soft but (not subtle) highlight on my cheekbones. The champagne color is perfect, I now see the advantages over more "silvery" highlighters.