TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

An amazing highlighter!!! Looks great dusted slightly on top of the cheekbones. Unfortunately, I lost mine! =( You can buy this from hautelook when they have thebalm sales for $12 + shipping.

on 8/11/2013 12:10:00 PM

This is my HG HIGHLIGHTER!! I am an NC35 for reference. This shows up on my skin beautifully! I use this for my inner corners, my cupids bow, the bridge of my nose as well as the top of my cheeks :) Im always trying new products, but I always go back to this! Been using it for 2 years now. Love it!

on 8/11/2013 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My fav. Will never use another nice and shimmery and frosty without being glittery!

on 8/10/2013 10:17:00 AM

For those of you wondering, this highlighter contains shimmers/glitter. They're quite finely milled, though. I dropped the pan and the pigments inside cracked. :( However, it's still usable if I'm very careful with it. It costs nearly $40 here in Singapore! But anyway I think this'll last me forever. I use it as an eyeshadow and inner corner highlight. Stays put with a primer all day long, and the glitter does NOT migrate down all over my cheeks or nose by the end of the day, which I truly appreciate. ;) I hardly use this as a highlighter as it highlights even the slightest freckle/ dark spot. Until I buy a full coverage concealer, I'll use this for my eyes and cupid's bow( which does a fantastic job btw). :D

Out of all highlighters that I've tried, this one is my favorite. It adds beautiful golden glow to skin and instantly brightens my face up. It does contain large glitter particles, like some other highlighters. I apply it with my fingertips, since the package comes without a brush. It lasts a very long time, as you only need to use a little. I would greatly recommend it!

on 8/4/2013 11:57:00 PM

i totally love this product! It gives my skin a natural glowy effect and it really lasts for a long time.=) The packaging is awesome as well as unique. I use it as a highlighter and eyeshadow.

on 8/2/2013 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is on the pricier side, however it is a very versatile product as I used it as a highlight and eyeshadow. I am close to NC40-42 and this showed up beautifully on my complexion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is one of the most pigmented products I own, which could either be a good thing or bad thing for a highlighter. If you're not careful, it will literally look like a strip of champagne shimmer on your face. However, I found applying it with a fan bush is the perfect way of applying this stuff on the top of my cheekbones. It gives a beautiful sheen and blends it well, so it circumvents the whole strip of shimmer on your face. I can see where some of the reviewers find it discoball-y or way too shimmery, because it's really pigmented and you need to use a veeery light hand.

on 7/25/2013 9:03:00 PM

I wanted to like this. I really wanted to like this. But... its just way to glittery. Pros: 1. Very pigmented 2.Wearing daily... would last forever Cons: 1. Makes my face look like a glitter bomb... and yes, I only use a TINY amount! 2. Not a good face high lighter for my medium tan skin. Okay as eye hight light. 3. Emphasizes even the smallest blemish. Over all I don't love or hate this product but I certainly would not spend $24 on it again.

on 7/24/2013 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Shimmery, but not sparkly
Glowy, not oily
Yellow pale gold, not WHITE or SUPER gold

The color, texture, amount of shine is quite impressive for this 0.3 oz "loumanizer." There is a lot for this product and I purchased this when it was 50% off when they relaunched their website back in April. It was a good deal but compared to higher ended products, regular price is a fairly good deal.

I was afraid of me looking like a glitter bomb, and fortunately, that is not so! I applied it with a fan brush, and just directly placed my brush on the powder, sweep ever so slightly, and then tap the excess (see how a lot of product comes off) then slide it across the high points of my cheeks. I do it a second time but the great thing about it is that YOU definitely control the glow factor to your liking.

I also like to use a sweep on top of my eyelids for a continued glowy effect.

It is a really great starter highlighter for a powder too.

I would repurchase it but I do not know how long it will take to even finish it!
It may look like it will look glitter clumpy on your face, but fear not!

If you hate it for a highlighter/loumanizer, you'll be okay to use it as a inner corner highlight or glowy under-eyebrow

Top Rated TheBalm Products