Philosophy Kiss Me lip Balm

3.5

on 10/3/2003 6:57:00 AM

Keeps my lips silky soft. It's more of a gloss with moisturizing properties. The red tinted one is great for a hint of color to wear alone and also works well under lipstick (it keeps lips from drying out and flaking). The only drawbacks are that the product melts easily in warm weather, the red-tinted balm only comes in a jar, and the scent smells really unpleasant at times. The container itself is pretty bulky to keep in my purse so I scooped some of it into those tiny clear plastic sample containers from Sephora to make mini-balms. ::UPDATE:: I don't reach for this much anymore, I found Smith's Rosebud Salve instead for an everyday lip balm. No fuss, no muss.

on 9/27/2003 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a lip gloss junkie, I also love almost all Philosophy products however this lip gloss was extremely disapointing. I have it in the pot form in Kiss Me Red. It feels a bit oiley and thin on my lips but what really turns me off about it is the smell. It is sort of mediceny and sweaty smelling. I will not repurchase this.

on 9/21/2003 5:57:00 AM

I have this in red and love it. nice shine, great flattering natural colour. i love the smell and texture. i only wish they had it in a squeeze tube and not the pot.

on 9/20/2003 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this balm. I'm a lip gloss/balm junkie and am very particular, but this is nice stuff. I especially like to apply it before I go to bed, in the winter - my lips are nice and soft in the morning. It's really just glorified vaseline, I guess, but it does the trick for me. The red one is nice, too, good for when you're casual but want just a smidge of color.

on 9/17/2003 5:11:00 PM

I have this in the tube and it is the only thing that I have found that keeps my lips from chapping and I have tried dozen of others - expensive to cheap. I am on my third tube now. Pretty expensive for lip balm ($10) but well worth it. Does a much better job than vaseline - melts into my lips and makes them oh-so kissable. ha! I tried the Red version but preferred the untinted since I wear it while I sleep, too. I also prefer the tube to the pot - easier to apply. EDIT: Not sure why some think it smells medicine-like? Mine smells like orange (or citrus). Is it possible that it can go bad?????

on 9/17/2003 11:53:00 AM

I love this lip balm. I like the orange scent and it just feels great on my lips. It's just annoying that all the print on the jar rubbed off. Anyhow, I use it regularly before bed, it's definitely worth the money! This and Kiehl's lip balm are my staples.

on 8/20/2003 5:35:00 PM

An ok balm, but with a couple of problems. First, the scent is strange, to me it reminded me of lysol. Despite this, Kiss me was very emollient, so long as you let it "melt" into your lips,at which point it made my lips really glossy. One weird thing is that if you put this on in cold weather or your lips aren't warm enough it will sit on top of your lips, and you will have white crisco like stuff until kiss me will melt. For $10 they could make it smell better, and make it look less like earwax.

on 8/18/2003 8:19:00 PM

I love lip glosses and what attracted me to this was the packaging. I wanted something natural for when I just needed the moisture without the color. This product is perfect for that. Smells great and lasts well. I keep it in my pocket so it stays warm which helps get the product out. My only complaint is that I wish it had a rounded applicator... then it would be perfect! Great sheen!

on 8/7/2003 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I carried this .5 oz jar with me for so long, till I discovered Kiehl's! however, I DID love this product at one time. It is more of a gloss than an actual lip treatment, so someone with dry dry lips should try something else. I paid $10 (too much!) for this, only to have it melt and not totally cure my dry lips. save your cash ladies.

on 8/4/2003 4:21:00 PM

at first i didn't really like this b/c of the citrusy scent, but it made my lips feel absolutely wonderful so i have gotten past that. i have already gone through 2 jars of it. i really liked that it didn't feel waxy like a lot of balms do.

Popular Lip Treatments