September 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- GREAT tip. flexible, very fine point. You can make ridiculously thin lines with this.
I find that the brush tip is good for people who aren't as comfortable with liquid liners.
The tip is very well made and will make application easier.
- Pigmented
- Smooth
- Great great great for kitten flicks.

Cons:
- Gets dry while you apply so you have to shake it up well once in a while during application (very minor downfall)
- Smudges a tiny bit, but much less than other liquid liners I have tried.

Overall:
- Great :)
- $25 CAN (tax included) at Sephora

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by animecute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG.
I'm terrible at ink well potted eyeliners. This doesn't budge after it's been set and lasts the whole day.

Colour:
You can also have it draw a thick or thin line. The pressure you apply will determine how pigmented you want it.

I have this is Maya (brown) and it's almost black-brown which looks awesome without being too stark like black-blue eyeliners.

Consistency:
I've had this for about 8 months and it still works fine. If it gets dry just put one drop of warm water and have it standing up for a day. My applicator has not frayed like the reviews, however, I think it's important to not be too rough with it.

Conclusion:
Price is $21 CND I believe which is about the avg price of other eyeliners in this range.
I just bought my second one =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by happyhappy14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS EYELINER it is one of the best eyeliners I have ever used. I was a little nervous when first trying out a liquid eyeliner, because i hadn't had luck with them in the past, but this liner just made everything so easy! It makes the perfect line on you're eye, and lasts all day long. Great product but still a little pricey but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Tlizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love that it makes the perfect cat eye! Really easy to be precise, thin or thick. I've had it for at least 6 mo. and the tip hasn't dried out or clumped or frayed which I thought it would. Well-formulated product. I loveee it!! Only downer is (this may be personal because i always mess up the m/u closest to my nose on my inner lid) but it does dried quickly and if you smudge it, it looks like it flaked off. When applying it, once it touches your skin it dries so that can be good and bad...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been on the hunt for a good liquid liner for a while and this is hands down the best one I've ever found. The tip will make super precise lines and it stays all day and night and wont flake. Its a super rich color too. What I like the most is that they way the top closes keeps the brush wet all the time so you never run out of pigment when you're lining your lid. It is expensive but I've used mine everyday for about 3 months now and it's still going strong. I want it in every color. Worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by JS000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

About 3 weeks before it completely dried out. Expensive for how long it lasted. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jessyt

I use this eyeliner in Trooper (black) almost everyday and I absolutely LOVE IT! After reading reviews on it I went to try to purchase it at Sephora and it was sold out online and in stores. I knew that was a sign! I was finally able to get one and have never used another eyeliner since. I always buy back-ups of it in case they run out of stock again! It is very easy to apply and the color does show up as a deep black for me. It's a marker type applicator which makes it easy to control. It stays put all day with a primer underneath. I haven't experienced a problem with the pen drying out. I did have the pen dry out on my Shu Uemura eyeliner which really upset me. For me the price is the average I'd expect to pay now for a good quality eyeliner. I've found anything cheaper usually has no staying power and smudges/creases easily. Comes off easily with make-up remover. This will be my go-to eyeliner as long as it's available!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by pollyg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, Sephora's testers are beyond disgusting. All of the colours were nasty and dried out. I assumed b/c they were over used. I ended up buying Trooper (Black). When I got home and tried it I was even more unimpressed then the dirty dried out testers. The black went on kind of greyish on top of my shadow. It took a few swipes to get it opaque. Staying power (once on) is pretty good, but smudged by my inner and out corners. THEN, the liner dried out in 3 weeks! Really expensive for a liner that lasts less than a month. Will not repurchase! Disappointed!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jakelovesmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

O.M.G. - I can't believe how disappointed I was with this liner. I was excited when I saw the different colors. However, the colors are not opaque, and go on quite transparent. I ended up getting the black to try for photo shoots etc. It was O.K., easy to apply...However after less than a month the brush started to splay, and it dried up! What a rip off for a product that lasts such a short period of time:(! No thanks, I will pass.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sultry

I'm excited about all the colors it comes in but seriously disappointed with the color pay off. The so-called electric blue looked gray on and after my 3rd attempt, it is more opaque. The purple is so transparent. I don't understand why it is called tattoo liner given the transparency.

Well, hopefully Geisha Ink comes out with more colors soon as they still makes the BEST liquid liner. I noticed Kat's has paraben also (yucky) where as my Geisha Ink does not.

I agree, Kat's liner seriously does not last so it is such a RIP for the $$$