October 25, 2014 | 1880 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really had such high, HIGH hopes for this product. The only other Kat product I own is the concealer which I love. It pains me to give this product such a poor review. I love Kat and think she’s just gorgeous but these liners are a FAIL!

I bought Maya (dark brown) and Lapdance (deep purple). I wanted Biker (deep grey) but Sephora was out.

I tried them on my hand in Sephora and they were budge proof (a must for me and my uber oily eyelids).

I got them home and they were really dry. I mean there was hardly any product coming out and when it did come out it was dry. This happened with both of my liners. Reading through the previous reviews, I noticed that a lot of people complained about these liners drying up really quickly.

Well, heck…I just spent $18.00 plus tax per liner and I expect much better than this. For $18.00 per liner, I expect good quality and I would expect a fairly long shelf life. Why would I spend $18.00 on these when my L’Oreal Telescopic Waterproof liner is da bomb? Really, the L’Oreal is everything I want in a liner, smudge proof, waterproof and relatively cheap. The only reason I bought the Kat liner was to try to achieve the hard to do cat eye.

These are going back to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

Fantastic liner, easy to apply, lasts all day and doesn't smudge. The colour goes on in an easy swipe and it's very pigmented. I have this liner in Lapdance and I think I'll get more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is great! I like the thin applicator it makes it so easy to use. Its also very dark which i love and it lasts all day without smudging. Will be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG black liquid liner. Awesome packaging and formula. Ultra thin brush tip is firm with slight flexing for ultimate control in creating the perfect strokes for subtle or dramatic eye lining. Also doesn't transfer or smudge after many many hours of wearing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ixchopsticks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a liquid eyeliner that wouldn't smudge for the longest time. I asked my friend what eyeliner she used since her's never smudged or anything. She told me this was the one & the moment I used it, I loved it. I tend to try not to make my lines thick but by the end of the day if I make it thin, it'll be half gone. It's kind of upsetting but I still love the eyeliner.
A bit pricey for eyeliner in my opinion but I think it's worth it.
I bought it in Trooper which is pretty much a jet black color & I LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!! Very easy to use and long wearing. Takes practice, to get used to using this type of liner but works great when you get it.

I will buy again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- GREAT tip. flexible, very fine point. You can make ridiculously thin lines with this.
I find that the brush tip is good for people who aren't as comfortable with liquid liners.
The tip is very well made and will make application easier.
- Pigmented
- Smooth
- Great great great for kitten flicks.

Cons:
- Gets dry while you apply so you have to shake it up well once in a while during application (very minor downfall)
- Smudges a tiny bit, but much less than other liquid liners I have tried.

Overall:
- Great :)
- $25 CAN (tax included) at Sephora

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by animecute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG.
I'm terrible at ink well potted eyeliners. This doesn't budge after it's been set and lasts the whole day.

Colour:
You can also have it draw a thick or thin line. The pressure you apply will determine how pigmented you want it.

I have this is Maya (brown) and it's almost black-brown which looks awesome without being too stark like black-blue eyeliners.

Consistency:
I've had this for about 8 months and it still works fine. If it gets dry just put one drop of warm water and have it standing up for a day. My applicator has not frayed like the reviews, however, I think it's important to not be too rough with it.

Conclusion:
Price is $21 CND I believe which is about the avg price of other eyeliners in this range.
I just bought my second one =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by happyhappy14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS EYELINER it is one of the best eyeliners I have ever used. I was a little nervous when first trying out a liquid eyeliner, because i hadn't had luck with them in the past, but this liner just made everything so easy! It makes the perfect line on you're eye, and lasts all day long. Great product but still a little pricey but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Tlizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love that it makes the perfect cat eye! Really easy to be precise, thin or thick. I've had it for at least 6 mo. and the tip hasn't dried out or clumped or frayed which I thought it would. Well-formulated product. I loveee it!! Only downer is (this may be personal because i always mess up the m/u closest to my nose on my inner lid) but it does dried quickly and if you smudge it, it looks like it flaked off. When applying it, once it touches your skin it dries so that can be good and bad...