April 17, 2014 | 1572 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

Love the color and the feel of the lipstick when I put it on. Will be repurchasing over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by dixie60

I am an nc15 redhead. I went looking for mac lipstick recommendations and this was one that just kept coming up. So I bought it. So glad I did. I find it to look similar to Brave on me but I love them both. It is one of the first lipsticks that I actually thought flattered me instead of just being ok.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 7:00:00 AM More reviews by turtledove1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick looked amazing in MAC and the swatch online too. However when I received it in the mail ( I bought it on Ebay) and tried it on, it:
a) was practically invisible and
b) when i applied ten layers, it showed up as purpley. I hated it. I can see how it would look good on some people, but sadly I am not one of them. In the UK you cannot return makeup so I guess it will languish at the bottom of my makeup bag. Sigh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first purchased it and loved it until I caught a glimpse of how PURPLE my lips looked in natural sunlight and was a little taken back. Love the texture, creaminess, and sheerness, but sadly it went into the toss bucket.I

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by missjewell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect color!! I can't get enough of this color I have 2 on me at all times!! That's how much I love it! Beautiful pinkish mauve. Nw20/25 for reference.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by southparkrules

Tried it, I am not liking it. It is light pink all right. It's very sheer. It's that kind of lipstick that requires full-face makeup with heavy eye makeup or something even heavier like racoon eyes.

It's not a pick up and go lipstick that you can just put it on and let it brighten up your face instantly. This lipstick requires commitment and work to bring out the best of it, meaning you have to stand in front of mirror to paint your whole face for good 10 to 15 minutes (it depends how fast you can do it). Yeah...if you are into that, this can be a good lipstick for you, the color is prettier and more natural than most nude lipsticks. I call this a better nude lipstick because it still looks very nude on me.

Someday, if I want to do the whole face nude makeup with heavy eyes, this is the nude lipstick I will get.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Arduinna4

This is my first Back to Mac lipstick. Its the third MAC lipstick i own so i am not very experienced in the area. (the two others are Underplay-which i dont wear so often cause its too pale, and Creme cup which i love). I was between ten choices mostly pinks cause i like the colour, i'm not sure it suits me. But then i thought, what the h@@l lets live a little!Lets try something else!After reading several reviews about different non-pink l/s i decided on Syrup mostly cause of the phrase "my lips but better". And this is exactly what it is. A hint of pink-mauve colour on your lips not too glossy, not matte. Its my first Lustre too and i'm satisfied with the result for everyday use. I will have to experiment to see what eyeshadow colours it suits.So far its great with neutrals.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by maylias

Wow. A lovely natural pink-mauve on me. I don't even have to use a mirror because this is like my lips only better (as they say). Nice texture and consistency, not drying (or moisturizing, really). Staying power is limited; you'll eat or drink it off, but whatever. Update 06/17/09: wait, this sometimes looks lilac on me, depending upon the light. Yuck. No longer a fave.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by olliesbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Perfect color for me. Enought said. Period. Take a wild guess if you think I will be repurchasing again =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Medic84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MLBB! I love this lipstick! It's very moisturising and light but lasts surprisingly long. I wear this most days and love the polished look it gives. I apply with a lip brush as applying straight from the tube can result in too much of a purpley colour. 1 layer and you get a lovely pink/mauve shade. Possibly HG status!