September 30, 2014 | 1770 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've got golden NC15-20 skin and I wouldn't call this a MLBB, since on me it's a bit more obvious. It's not a "look, I'm wearing lipstick" kind of lipstick, but you can tell it's there. It just finishes of my makeup very nicely. Especially when I've got a lot of berry colours on. I think that's because it's a rather nude pink with a slight purple tint. When I run out, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is a gorgeous lipstick which is really easy to wear. I'd say it was quite a subtle MLBB with a cooler pink tone and I find it very flattering on my pale NC15 skin. My other MAC favourite is Hug Me of which I have gone through many tubes over the last few years and I think Syrup is up there as a Holy Grail along with Hug Me.

Update 11/2010: Have gone off this. I think the shade is too cool for my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by SweetDreamsBeautifulNight

I am amazed at how pretty this looks on me. It is a perfect sheer pink shade that enhances my lip color. It is not too bright or too dark. It works perfectly with my complexion which is NW 45/50. This is my first lipstick and I am so happy with it. My mom and my boyfriend complimented me on it, so I know for a fact its beautiful. Go MAC! Syrup is niiiiiiice!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ewager17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING. My absolute favorite. Blends perfectly into the lips and is a wonderful mauvy pink color. I use my B2M on Syrup over and over. Looks great with dark hair/blue eyes/olive skin. I have friends with completely different complexions, eye color, etc. and it looks great on them to. Absolute staple and go to product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awsome.
It's the perfect cooler nude-pink shade for me, looks incredibly good especially for fall. I B2M'd it and wasn't sure if I'll use it that much, but now I fell for it. It's awsome!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jameela01

My Skin tone is NC25 and omg this is the best colour ever! its like a shimmery dusky pink...perfect for a tanned summer finish or even for a cool winter look. Really smooth to apply, with a slightly glossy finish. I bought it about 2yrs ago and its the only MAC lipstick iv finished! Looks good with or without lip liner....dont expect it to pump up your lips, its just a beautiful light shimmery dusky pink colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by LuthienTinuviel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a great go-to everyday lipstick! Shows up as a flattering medium dusty mauvey-pink on my very pale, cool skin (light brown hair, green eyes). Without a doubt, a great, very natural looking MLBB lip color. Very creamy finish, never drying and always loved the light signature vanilla-y MAC scent. A definite staple in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by compassionista

This is a HG lipstick for me. It's a pink-mauve with slightly lilac undertones. It's MLBWB (my lips but WAY better) for me. I'm fair-skinned with dark hair pink lipstick usually looks out of place on me. When I want something a little girly, but still natural looking, this is what I reach for. I'm on my second tube of it now, and I will definitely repurchase. It is part of MAC's permanant line, lustre forumla (creamy, sheer, moisturizing) and a great choice for B2M! Thumbs up from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by smoothchocolat

I carry this lipstick with me everywhere I go. At first, I noticed the mauvey tinge, but you only need to apply this lipstick in one coat and that's the colour it is. I almost view it as a coloured chap stick for lips because it's creamy, smooth and helps to moisturise my lips. The colour is a stand out too, it's like it gives me a faint tropical beachy look. It makes my lips pop. My dark hair, blue eyes and fair skin seem to go well with it's pinky sheen with a touch of lilac. I can apply this lippie without a mirror.

This lipstick, I've noticed, shows up awesome in photographs. The mauvey tinge wears down and just this pink better than your natural lip colour remains and it doesn't look obvious, you know, it looks lovely. I think this lip colour would go with everything.

Think of a tropical flower pink on the light side, with a tinge of lilac which applies so smoothly. This does plump my lips up. I just put another coat on even though it's in the middle of the night. lol. I love this lippie. I would go back to mac just for this lipstick. If you buy this you will not be disappointed, but remember not to add too many layers as it will show up purplish. This is a nude, but better than your lips lipstick which goes with EVERY occasion whether at home or at a party and as soon as I put it on I look 'made up' and perfect.

Buy again in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This was the seventeenth MAC lipstick to join my collection and unbelievably, it was my first lustre (unless you count Blast O'Blue - I don't). Being unfamiliar with the lustre finish, I moronically expected this to apply like an amplified creme, satin, or matte. When it didn't, a lightswitch went on in my head... "Oh, obviously, I bought a lustre."

This lipstick wears like Craving applied very lightly. I love color and I think Craving is a much better lipstick overall, however Syrup is Craving's more compliant cousin. Those who find Craving a little too loud or unwearable will love Syrup. I will still wear Syrup on occasion as a subtle MLBB shade, but for color, I'm using Craving instead.