July 31, 2014 | 1741 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jameela01

My Skin tone is NC25 and omg this is the best colour ever! its like a shimmery dusky pink...perfect for a tanned summer finish or even for a cool winter look. Really smooth to apply, with a slightly glossy finish. I bought it about 2yrs ago and its the only MAC lipstick iv finished! Looks good with or without lip liner....dont expect it to pump up your lips, its just a beautiful light shimmery dusky pink colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by LuthienTinuviel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a great go-to everyday lipstick! Shows up as a flattering medium dusty mauvey-pink on my very pale, cool skin (light brown hair, green eyes). Without a doubt, a great, very natural looking MLBB lip color. Very creamy finish, never drying and always loved the light signature vanilla-y MAC scent. A definite staple in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by compassionista

This is a HG lipstick for me. It's a pink-mauve with slightly lilac undertones. It's MLBWB (my lips but WAY better) for me. I'm fair-skinned with dark hair pink lipstick usually looks out of place on me. When I want something a little girly, but still natural looking, this is what I reach for. I'm on my second tube of it now, and I will definitely repurchase. It is part of MAC's permanant line, lustre forumla (creamy, sheer, moisturizing) and a great choice for B2M! Thumbs up from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by smoothchocolat

I carry this lipstick with me everywhere I go. At first, I noticed the mauvey tinge, but you only need to apply this lipstick in one coat and that's the colour it is. I almost view it as a coloured chap stick for lips because it's creamy, smooth and helps to moisturise my lips. The colour is a stand out too, it's like it gives me a faint tropical beachy look. It makes my lips pop. My dark hair, blue eyes and fair skin seem to go well with it's pinky sheen with a touch of lilac. I can apply this lippie without a mirror.

This lipstick, I've noticed, shows up awesome in photographs. The mauvey tinge wears down and just this pink better than your natural lip colour remains and it doesn't look obvious, you know, it looks lovely. I think this lip colour would go with everything.

Think of a tropical flower pink on the light side, with a tinge of lilac which applies so smoothly. This does plump my lips up. I just put another coat on even though it's in the middle of the night. lol. I love this lippie. I would go back to mac just for this lipstick. If you buy this you will not be disappointed, but remember not to add too many layers as it will show up purplish. This is a nude, but better than your lips lipstick which goes with EVERY occasion whether at home or at a party and as soon as I put it on I look 'made up' and perfect.

Buy again in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This was the seventeenth MAC lipstick to join my collection and unbelievably, it was my first lustre (unless you count Blast O'Blue - I don't). Being unfamiliar with the lustre finish, I moronically expected this to apply like an amplified creme, satin, or matte. When it didn't, a lightswitch went on in my head... "Oh, obviously, I bought a lustre."

This lipstick wears like Craving applied very lightly. I love color and I think Craving is a much better lipstick overall, however Syrup is Craving's more compliant cousin. Those who find Craving a little too loud or unwearable will love Syrup. I will still wear Syrup on occasion as a subtle MLBB shade, but for color, I'm using Craving instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ames1001

hate this, and yet the swatch on the mac site and the look of it in the tube looked so nice! brings out too much of an orangey red tone too my lips which i just can pull off on nc15 skin, blue eyes and brown hair. definatley try before you buy with this one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

Love the color and the feel of the lipstick when I put it on. Will be repurchasing over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by dixie60

I am an nc15 redhead. I went looking for mac lipstick recommendations and this was one that just kept coming up. So I bought it. So glad I did. I find it to look similar to Brave on me but I love them both. It is one of the first lipsticks that I actually thought flattered me instead of just being ok.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 7:00:00 AM More reviews by turtledove1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick looked amazing in MAC and the swatch online too. However when I received it in the mail ( I bought it on Ebay) and tried it on, it:
a) was practically invisible and
b) when i applied ten layers, it showed up as purpley. I hated it. I can see how it would look good on some people, but sadly I am not one of them. In the UK you cannot return makeup so I guess it will languish at the bottom of my makeup bag. Sigh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first purchased it and loved it until I caught a glimpse of how PURPLE my lips looked in natural sunlight and was a little taken back. Love the texture, creaminess, and sheerness, but sadly it went into the toss bucket.I