MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 4/5/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this today, and I am in LOVE. This is totally MLBB. I paired it with Dervish l/l, and can not stop staring at my lips. Now my lips are fairly pigmented, and I am NC 35-37 with extreme yellow undertones. This color is a warm pinky mauve color, and it looked frighteningly dark in the tube. I made myself try it because I am usually a pink l/g girl - SOOOO glad I did, I'm going back tomorrow to pick up a back up!!!

on 4/3/2010 12:20:00 PM

This was kind of a huge let down for me. I am NW20, dark brown, almost black hair, brown eyes. Syrup wasn't my lips but better...it was just my lips. I actually did one lip in Syrup and left the other naked...no difference. I can put chapstick, balm or a clear gloss if I want that subtle shine. Lovely pinky/rosey color, but it looked exactly like my natural lip color.

on 3/23/2010 7:47:00 AM

Rosy, glossy, smooth lips appearing like given by nature alone. That`s the effect achieved with this lipstick. Perfect for pale blondes like me preferring a natural, nude look.
Staying power, however, is far from remarkable. More that of a tinted lipbalm. Would nevertheless buy again.

on 3/20/2010 4:05:00 PM

I'm a nude lipstick gal but everyone needs a red lipstick for the grownup sophisticated look and this is my version of that red lipstick. I know this isn't red. It's actually a neutral pink mauve with a hint of purple that looks very natural. Red lipsticks look terrible on me but this gives that red lipstick wow factor without being overbearing and still looking very natural. I can wear it without any makeup on and my skin doesn't look off. I'm excited to have finally found my "red" lipstick.

on 3/14/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Sorry I'm the minority. Not usually a lustre wearer - I appreciate a good opaque lippie. That's traditionally their purpose. Otherwise, I'd just get a good quality gloss.

I owned Syrup but it was so sheer & not flattering to my NC25 skin tone - not at all creamy. And not at all worth the $AU35. I'd rather just pay less for a Rimmel or Maybelline lippy for the Syrup result.

This product made me stay away from Lustre formulas. =(

on 3/10/2010 5:53:00 PM

One of my fave MAC lipstick colors. It's a great go to color for me. In fact I think I need to buy another tube because I am close to running out.

One of my lipstick HGs.

on 3/10/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Wow, finally an actual MLBB for me! I'm NW15/20, fairly pigmented lips. This is the exact same shade as my lips, but slightly more pink with a tiny amount of sheen/shine. Basically it evens out the color in my lips and makes them look polished. Feels moisturizing, smells lovely. Lasts 2 hours or so on me - about average for a Lustre. Will definitely be buying again!

on 3/8/2010 2:17:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. I have had several tubes of this and never get tired of it. It's like my 'go to' lipstick if I'm not sure what I want to wear, this will always look good. Love it!

on 2/23/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick. So smooth and rich. Not drying at all. I love pairing this with NARS Chichuaha lip gloss over it and its looks great. A great soft pink lipstick. Will repurchase.

on 2/17/2010 2:54:00 PM

I really like Syrup. I'm NC20 and it is a very flattering color on me, and can be worn with just about any eye makeup, regardless of color/intensity. It's not particularly long-lasting or moisturizing, just a solid above-average lipstick.

Recommended for Medium Skin