April 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im so surprised at the reviews on this. This is the only cleanser that makes me feel clean without drying my skin. I do believe that its helped with my occasional break out. Total I've purchased this over 10 times and I will continue.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Ttayl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After two days of use my skin became raw and chapped like a sunburn. It was extremely tight and itchy but also very swollen, it is such a scary feeling to wake up and not know what wrong with your face. I will never touch this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by youdoyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser with a serum and light moisturizer and my skin is really looking great! I find this cleanser to be excellent at removing my oil and sunscreen at the end of the day! I love it, I really do think this is keeping my skin clear. I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. This cleanser is not the least bit irritating if I use it in a system with a serum and moisturizer. However, if I didn't hydrate my skin after, it would for sure be drying, like any cleanser! HG

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

There was a time when my skin was very acne prone and would break out easily, and I tried so many acne products. I bought this and quite disliked it. It dried my skin like crazy after only 2 uses, so I didn't even use it long enough to find out if it would work on getting rid of the breakouts. I will not buy this again because of the over-drying and the price just wasn't right for what it delivers.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by huongxink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought it once when acne appeared in my face... it doesnt help me at all...
i stopped using after few times...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Jeux

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG! I only used this product twice and I have had a severe reaction to it. My eyes have swollen , my skin is red and itchy and it feels burnt. Like a chemical peel . My skin feels raw. It's so dry , nothing I put on it can soothe it . I have never had a reaction to anything like this before.
I'm in day two of the reaction and it only seems to be getting worse.
I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by prcsillusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really love this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by allylane1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WORST THING EVER! This product DRIED OUT my skin. I used it only for two days and my skin broke out, with an itchy red rash, and then it got flaky... just awful. Maybe this can work on a normal skin, but if you have sensitive skin, donít even think about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by TibbyCanoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers who say this product will dry out skin. There must be ingredient in here besides the salycilic acid that does it. Salycilic acid is a good anti acne ingredient if you HAVE skin that's easily irritated and I have used it in other products, no problems. I suppose if you are looking for something to soak up oil like a sponge - this could do the trick. HOWEVER, if your skin is remotely sensitive, it will suck up oil like a LEECH and leave an itchy red rash in its place. I wash my face in the shower from forehead to chest, and I had red itchy blotches on my neck and on my face. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I even changed laundry detergent because I thought it was my sheets and towels, but then it occurred to me, I changed my face wash. I threw away the face wash and the rash went away in a few days. I have used salycilic acid in other cleansers and it doesn't bother me - it's got to be some other drying out or irritating agent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mmartan

It does feel drying however it doesn't bother me - I use a moisturiser right after anyway.

I don't have acne prone skin; used it as preventative purpose.

Will re-purchase.