Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 2/15/2013 8:01:00 AM

I've been using this since I was 13, now I'm 17 and I'm still loving it. It doesn't break me out, keeps moisture in my skin, and I will never stop using this. Has a pleasant smell, I simply love this!

on 2/7/2013 5:19:00 PM

This product wasn't for me, but probably for more oily skins or acne prone people.
The only reason I was using this is because I was breaking out a little and I ran out of my face wash. This stuff smells really weird (this was before the grapefruit was release). It made my skin really dry and really tight. It hurts to even smile! It didn't do much for me. Won't buy this again when there are newer products out there.

on 1/29/2013 4:08:00 PM

this face wash is amazing! but it dried out my skin ALOT so i would recommend this to only people with really oliy skin!

on 1/24/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

By FAR my favorite facewash. I am the type to always try new things and i ALWAYS find my way back to this facewash. I have oily skin, and this works wonders. It has a great lather, and leaves my face feeling clean, no residue. It is a little drying, so I follow up with Clean and Clear Oil Free Moisturizer and a little of Neutrogena pimple control powder and I am good to go shine free all day. LOVE LOVE LOVE this facewash.

on 1/23/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know a lot of reviewers don't care for this or had bad experiences but I love this face wash. I've repurchased 3 times already and always have a back up on me when I run out. This doesn't break me out and works good at removing make up after I remove with face wipes. This did burn my skin a little when I first used it, but it was nothing horrible and I have sensitive and oily skin also. My face feels a little tight afterwards but nothing I can't stand. My face just feels really clean afterwards and helps keep my break outs in check. It's a simple cleanser and its easy to get anywhere. However, I don't like the pump that much because its hard to travel with. You can lock it but its a pain to do anyways and you waste product. I wish they had little travel sizes in the travel section so I could buy those instead if having to dispense this in a little bottle when I do. The consistency is gel like and I apply a little at a time not a full pump in order for it to lather well. Once it lathers, it's fine. I will continue to repurchase

on 1/22/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is the "#1 dermatologist recommended cleanser"?? This stuff irritates my skin more than any other cleanser I've tried! Neutrogena in general just makes me break me out. After cleansing with this, my face gets terribly itchy and I get red patches all over my face. It is also drying. Just horrible all-around.

on 1/21/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I find this to be the only wash that neutralizes and minimizes my comedonal acne! My dermatologist actually told me to use this when I saw him last December, but I've been using it for months even before then! With the 2% SA, I find it enough to combat my oily and acne prone skin but not be too drying. I realize some people find it too strong so id recommend other cleansers, which usually have .5-1% SA or BP.

It's important to follow up with a moisturizing face lotion. In my case I need an oil-free one, but I make sure it's still provides some moisture.

I notice the cleanser can burn your eyes pretty bad if it gets in them or close to them. So be careful and make sure you rinse completely with luke warm or cold water.

Overall, it's a dermatologist-recommended cleanser with sufficient medication that works!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, it broke me out at the very beginning. But I was just assuring myself that it was because my skin was adjusting to it. It got a bit better afterwards, but it never really gave me the skin I really wanted. I re-purchased it once before because I kept trying to convince myself it would work. However, it didn't.

- It smells awful
- It doesn't foam up well at all or lather so you can't really tell if the product is on your skin and working
- It always runs and finds its way to get in my eyes or on my lips
- The packaging sucks. The pump always breaks off and I can't find a way to put it back on as it was before.
- This also sucks to travel with. The pump makes it all leak out, making a mess and wasting the product.

Don't buy this.

Ughhhh. I cannot tell you how much i dislike this cleanser. If I could give it zero lipsticks I would. It did nothing for my acne and dried out my skin. Although it did help me discover my contact dermatitis -__- yaaaay. Will not be buying this product again.

My derm recommended this when I was going through a bad bout of acne a few years ago. I've since discontinued using it daily because it is just wayyyyy too drying. But I do continue keeping it around because this stuff seriously WORKS. The key is in learning how to make it work for your individual skin concerns.

I use it 1-3 times a week whenever my skin starts to look muddy or congested. After using it, my facial skin is so bright and clean it almost looks sparkly. It is truly amazing for opening your pores and deep cleaning them. If I have any surface acne lurking about, it's gone within a day or so of using this.

On the downside, it is extremely drying and I can only imagine very, very oily skins tolerating it on a daily basis. It also smells like dishwashing detergent, which in my book is not an attractive scent, but I suppose it's a small price to pay for clear skin. Just be sure to moisturize after using this or your skin WILL turn into the Sahara Desert.