October 21, 2014 | 1197 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Edmonton has dried my skin out a lot, and since I have sensitive skin and all, I decided to go on a little foundation hunt.

This is one of The Most hyped luxury makeup on this planet and I'd always been reluctant to try it. Until, of course, I ended up with a combo/slightly dry skin.

The name is self explanatory. One layer gives you a light to medium coverage that blurs our minor imperfections and leaves you with a natural sheen that shouldn't be raising red flags even for those with oilier skin. Two layers on blemishes and voila, you are left with a airbrushed skin that will last for maybe five hours.

Yeah, the only gripe I have with this little gem is the staying power. My t-zone doesn't seem to want to keep this for longer than half my lectures, which is pretty much eight hours.

Lovely if you have normal to dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by belaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted a dewy look foundation and decided to give this a whirl after I'd read reviews. I purchased gobi which at £30.50 is pretty pricey and it's screw top so you have to purchase the pump separate for another £3!
The bottle is the standard nars design and pretty simple.
When I got home I applied with my hands for a glowing base, which is not what I got!
I warmed the very runny foundation in my finger tips and applied, the coverage was very sheer so after a few minutes I touched up where needed it and had a closer inspection.
The result was just a big cakey mess and I looked like a teenager on her first night out. My first impression of the pricey product were not good. I'm a liz Earle girl and felt like I was sucked in by the glamour to buy nars.
On my second attempt I decided to apply using a real techniques buffing brush and it was the best thing I've done. The application was flawless and coverage can be built up without the cakey goo being left resting on the skin.
All in all I would buy this again the downfall is the price but a little goes a long way. The application with a brush gives a better finish and you feel as though there is nothing on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by michelina28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product for free from a friend, but after using this product for a while I still am unsure if I would purchase. I use this in Barcelona and for me it is much too yellowy, I find they don't have many shades espescially suited to warm skin tones. I do really enjoy the staying power of this foundation, I only use for going out at night time as its a bit too dark for everyday wear and I find it really does last all night (I use Stila BB Cream underneath). The downfall of this product is that is seems to get extremely cakey really quickly and isn't buildable. Even with illuminator underneath (Mac Strobe Cream), I still look cakey. However this said, with a thin layer I find this foundation great and a little goes a long way.

I would always like to have this product on stand-by as it is a great long lasting foundation, however don't know if I would buy it :)

UPDATE: I would not repurchase this foundation, I am using Rimmel Wake Me up During the day and find it extremely long lasting, however at night time instead of the NARS I have switched to Estee Lauder. Highly recommend the Estee Lauder Double Wear if you are looking for something long lasting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I fell for the hype and bought this foundation (in Gobi) after reading the reviews.

Gobi is probably the best match I have found for my NC15 skin with neutral to warm undertones. I tried Siberia, but this was too pale, Mont Blanc was too pink and oxidized badly, but Gobi was just perfect.

This foundation glides on and provides medium to light coverage (but I do wear this over sunscreen which may be affecting the coverage somewhat.) However, I found that this transfers easily and I do have to set this with a lot of powder in order to prevent this from vanishing. I am used to long-wearing foundation and this just isn't the right foundation for me unfortunately.

I love the initial finish, satiny, soft focus, looks like skin rather than makeup, but then it fades unless I constantly reapply powder. If I sweat (and living in Florida means that I sweat after just being outside for a minute or two) then this vanishes entirely leaving me a greasy looking mess. Don't get me wrong - I adore this foundation but it isn't practical for me to wear on a daily basis. Even touching my face absentmindedly or trying to remove a fallen eyelash from my cheek for example leaves a smudge in my makeup. I need heavy duty, lasts-all-day foundation and this is not the one for me.

Wouldn't buy again but would recommend it to everyone who doesn't live in a humid environment, or who doesn't have the need for bulletproof foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by samanthaxmariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin that has its extremes - my nose and forehead get oily throughout the day, but my chin is very dry and flaky. I've been looking for a new foundation considering I have yet to find a HG, and I heard so many good things about this one that I figured I'd give it a shot. Ultimately I've ended up with mixed feelings about this product.

The very first day I tried this, I fell in love. The coverage is relatively full, it goes on smooth and is easy to blend, and it matches my skin tone nearly perfectly (I wear Deauville). It wore all day with practically no fading or streaking and covered up all of my imperfections (redness, blemishes, etc) while maintaining a healthy glow. However, after multiple uses, I began to like this product less and less. After about 3 hours I noticed it stuck to my dry patches and accentuated the flaky skin, making it look cakey and, honestly, kind of gross. My nose and forehead started to look oily after about 6 hours of wear. The only reason I continue to wear this on a semi-regular basis is that 1) I spent so much money on it and 2) it gives such great coverage on "bad skin days." I find that I can somewhat salvage the dry areas by spritzing my face with MAC Fix+, but even that isn't a complete fix.

I would recommend this product to someone who has normal to oily skin. It doesn't work for dry skin and it wouldn't work for extremely oily skin either. I was pretty underwhelmed with this, but I will continue to wear it until it runs out. I wouldn't repurchase - rather, I would continue my search to find the perfect foundation to balance my oily and dry areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you can find the right shade this is a good-ish foundation.
I have Gobi but it's slightly too pale and slightly too yellow. Maybe Deauville would be better?

It is not glowy- in fact it is semi matte. It does give me a good air-brushed finish which looks natural.

The upside is that it feels light on your skin and with 2 applications the coverage is good. It does give a lovely smooth natural finish. Does it last? Well, so-so. With 2 layers yes, with 1, about 3 hours for me and I have normal, line-free skin.

Would I buy again? Not sure ( wish there was a 'not sure' choice above!)
If I could get the shade spot-on then yes, I think so. It has more coverage than B Brown skin foundation which I am also using.

If you can find a good colour match then I'd recommend this as a semi-matte, medium-full coverage foundation, and the no-perfume is a bonus.

I don't get the concern about no pump. Just pour the bottle carefully into your palm!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by zhaneord

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I literally cannot praise this product highly enough! I've never used a foundation like it, the coverage is amazing but it's not heavy and your skin just looks fresh rather than cakey. I'm of mixed heritage so it's soooo hard finding something with a yellow undertone so Tahoe was just perfect for me!! I just love love love love it anyone with a dull greyish complexion i recommend this to you

Pros - Practically everything

Cons - Annoying packaging no pump :(?
And quite expensive (but worth it)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by glitzerland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation a while ago upon the recommendation of one of my coworkers who has absolutely flawless skin and waited until I had used up the entire bottle to decide how I felt about it.

I have extremely dry, flaky skin with a few minor, occasional breakouts and lingering hyper-pigmentation. My skin tone is fair-medium with yellow undertones (ranges between NC 25-30), and I got two shades to sample, Sante Fe and Punjab. Neither was bad, but ultimately I went with Punjab because it had more golden undertones while the Sante Fe was more peachy.

My first impression of this foundation was great - I loved it. However, after a few more wears, I began to notice its flaws. First, the name is misleading - this foundation isn't sheer; it's medium coverage which you can easily build up. Second, the foundation isn't what I'd call 'glowy' because it's got more of a semi-matte finish, and I generally prefer something a little more natural. Third, this foundation was really not good to my skin on its drier days - it emphasizes dry patches and clings to them and generally just looks cakey and not-good. In addition, while I couldn't seem to figure out if this foundation specifically caused breakouts (since I didn't notice any), I do feel like it irritated my skin with extended use and made the condition of my skin worse somehow. Finally, the lasting power on this foundation wasn't great, and by the end of an 8-hour workday it looked darker, oily, and faded.

With that being said, I did give it 3 out of 5 stars and finish the bottle, so it did have its positives. The color match was great - Punjab had the perfect amount of yellow and golden undertones. The foundation also provided good coverage, which was easily build-able. On the days that my skin wasn't dry and flaking, it really looked flawless and naturally perfect. It also photographed exceptionally well.

Overall, while this didn't end up being my HG foundation, it is a decent product. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't feel this is best suited for my skin-type, even though I know it claims to be glowy and sheer. I just think this foundation is aimed at the wrong audience, and personally I feel like it would work better on normal to oily skin types (set with a powder). On my dry, sensitive skin, it often ended up looking cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by iluvrockie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love NARS sheer glow. Was introduced to it when I got my free makeup session at Sephora. Coverage for me is build-able to full coverage. A little product goes a long way. It def gives your skin a "glow". I've also tried the matte version to this - hated It and came back to sheer glow. I wish the bottle came with a pump so it doesn't feel like I'm wasting product when I try to take some out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by sarajean23

I love this foundation. The application is beautiful. It's smooth and looks like there is nothing on my skin whilst covering up imperfections. Its a buildable foundation and lasts quite a while . If you want something that feels light but covers well this is great. Can be used for day and night and looks flawless in pictures. However, it is expensive ($68) although definitely give it a go.