August 21, 2014 | 1972 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

First off, let's remember that this palette is relatively inexpensive. I got mine on sale for $7.50 at Ulta. With that being said, for what you pay... I think it's fab!

Is it as great as Mac or UD? no, not really. BUT if you want something cheap for everyday, that blends well and has staying power then I would encourage you at least try this.

The neutral colors are perfect for work and I virtually use this everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by edie_jay2005

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bummer! Really looking forward to buying DESPITE poor reviews. Delectable-looking colors in palette but grey and really chalky texture on my face. The white is just, well, bizarre.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this palette is rated so low. It's absolutely amazing for the money. I recently had an NYX haul from Ulta and this was the first palette I tried (I bought three). The colors are lovely...creating a truly a wonderful neutral eye. I layered the colors and finished with an NYX eye pencil and it lasted ALL DAY. I even walked around outside, getting a bit sweaty and I didn't have any slippage or anything. I'm truly impressed. I did use a base, but I use the same base every day...which has not prevented other shadows from creasing.

I'm very pleased and will be ordering two other palettes. So much more affordable than MAC. The best part? The makeup is cruelty free!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by DivineMsN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What I like best about this palette is the colors. There are some really nice neutrals that blend really well. You can make a really nice smoky eye. I like to use this palette for daytime/work. And the price was very reasonable. I picked it up on sale for about $8. It has a really nice mirror too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Circa1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this pallete! Personally, I thought they were very easy to blend and with a proper base on my eyelids they didn't fade or crease on me at all. The colours are just lovely for my pale skin, they show up but are neutral enough that they aren't overpowering. If you are like me and aren't looking for heavy obvious eyeshadows, this will work for you. I am not big on eyeshadows personally, meaning I have no desire to build a huge collection full of dramatic colours, so this serves me quite well. There is a lot of fallout though, but it you are careful and pat the eyeshadow on, you won't end up with a ton of sparkles all over your face and you won't have to waste a ton of product by tapping it off. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Let me be honest, you get what you pay for. This palette is extremely cheap for what you get (each e/s averages $1). Also, I consider NYX to be compared to New York Color, Jane, Rimmel and other trendy drugstore quality brands. I do love NYX palette packaging the best out of other palettes in this price point. Anyway, as with other typical issues w/ ds e/s, the pigmentation, blendablity, and staying power is not that great. However, I'm satisfied of what I got. I was looking for an inexpensive everyday neutral palette to play with. If I wanted high end quality, I would of grabbed Dior's quint in earth reflections but instead, I saved roughly $48 by getting this. I'm not that picky w/ e/s and I don't get crazy w/ e/s looks so I'm happy w/ this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Another great product from NYX. I'm suprised it has such a low rating on MUA becase this pallete is great!! What I love most about it is how versatile it is. I can use it for a natural daytime look or do a smokey brown eye look for nightime. I must admit I don't use all of the colors but the ones I have used are pigmented and super easy to blend. I love that they are mostly matte I'm just not a fan of frosty or sparkly shadows. The staying power is average but I don't use primers so they don't last all day but they get me through an 8 hour workday. My initial impression of the pallete was that it was boring and too neutral, but after playing with it I realized how great it is for a natural but polished look. Definetly pick this up you get 10 colors for $8 online and you'll be suprised how many different uses you will get out of it. Make sure you have good brushes too the crappy applicator it comes with is useless.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I'm very disappointed with this pallet. I LOVE neutrals but the colours in this pallet are not pigmented and like someone else said here, I feel like its coating my eyelids with paint it felt so heavy. Even with a high end lid primer the shadows didn't last halfway through the day for me. I will use it every now and then but it definitely won't be my go to pallet for every day wear. Its also great when travelling if you can only take a small amount of makeup with you. The packaging is very sleek and the price is cheap! I don't think I will repurchase this pallet but I'm definitely interested in trying out the single eyeshadows since I heard they work a lot better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by thebriggs

If anyone says they hate this product because of the colors, they shouldn't be buying a nude color palette. This palette is supposed to be used as nude eyeshadow colors. This is an everyday look, not a "out at the club" look.

This is a nice muted palette with nice shimmery browns and a couple good highlight colors. The nudes and browns all go on nicely, the only one I don't like the texture of is the white highlight. It is a bit chalky and just too much white for me. I'll stick to the single nyx pot called "my favorite color". It gives a bit of sparkle with the perfect flesh tone for underneath brows and in the corner of my eyes.
The liner colors are perfect. Black and brown are all I need, I don't get into crazy blues, purples or pinks with my liners. I can wet my liner brush and they go on with high impact, or use them dry for a softer effect.
The mirror on the inside is huge! I love that I can see my whole face, not just one eye. The makeup itself smells a little bit different (like it has no fragrance), but you can't tell unless you stick your nose right in it.
Overall, I'm really pleased with this palette and will definitely get some great use out of it for my everyday look.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by TriHouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this product in the past, when I tried to used it I was disappointed.
Yes it's "cheap" but cheap isn't always the best.
I disliked having to feel as if I was "coating" it over my eyes. I prefer to feel like I am wearing next to nothing when I use make-up. This definately was not even close.
I let my daughter try to use this, and it ended up in the garbage.