OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 4/4/2010 8:51:00 AM

I've always had strong nails, but recently I had three nails that were continually peeling. Most likely from all the snow shoveling, keyboard typing, and paperwork I did this winter. I tried oils, colorless iodine, no formaldehyde polishes, cutting them short, buffing them down, etc. and they still peeled. Nail Envy Original has done the trick. It was more expensive than I thought it would be $16 at Ulta, but coupons help. I polished all my nails with it and then used some on the tips and under the nail. Every other day, I reapply doing the same thing. So far, so good. The peeling has stopped and I'm seeing new growth without the peeling inching down the nail. I was concerned that Nail Envy would make my nails too strong and easy to break or snap, but I haven't had that issue at all. Glad I saw the reviews on MUA.

on 1/3/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this product twice and regretted it both times. Its an okay nail strengthener. It could be because of my own nails but, I eat with my right hand all the time [because its tradition or w.e] & I wash my hands constantly & most of the times its my right hand, I've noticed this product made my left hand nails pretty strong, over a course of a month or more :x and my right hand nails are still weak! I wont purchase this product again /:

on 12/25/2009 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First.. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

Second... THIS IS NOT A TOPCOAT OR A BASECOAT!

Now.. Enjoy your lovely HARD nails!

This treatment has enabled me to grow my nails past the quick. You do have to follow the directions of application, but it's easy enough to do to get the nails you want. I have used the Nail Envy Matte and was delighted with the soft "shine" it gave my tips, but wanted to try something a little brighter. I love the shine that this gives my nails all the while moisturizing and strengthening my nails. Just LOVE this one!

on 12/19/2009 11:41:00 AM

i had really breakable nails, they would easily peal back and i just couldnt grow them at all. OPI nail envy SAVED MY LIFE!! i noticed the difference in the strength of my nails after a few days of using it. i use this product as a base coat and a top coat when applying nail polish, and it has really made my nails feel really strong. even after i stopped using it, my nails are no longer like they were before so i havent become dependent on it!

on 12/10/2009 1:43:00 PM

This product is pretty phenomenal. Nothing else I've tried comes close to working in the way OPI 'Nail Envy' does. I don't even follow the whole 'apply two coats, then one every other day thereafter, then repeat after a week' directions (or whatever it says you're supposed to do). It is just fantastic. Since discovering it about a decade ago, I've bought maybe 5 bottles of it, and I will continue to re-purchase in the future because it delivers on its promise. The only 'negative' thing about this product is the cost (about $16). BUT, it is well worth the price, which is why I hasten to even call it a drawback.

on 10/31/2009 1:28:00 PM

I feel like this has made my nails thicker and stronger. My nails have not had as much of a peeling or tearing problem since starting to use this. I use this as my base coat and use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Would buy again.

on 10/27/2009 12:48:00 PM

First and foremost.. this product is not a base coat OR top coat ! This is a nail treatment. Yes, you can use it as either but it is not the intent of this product so please it's not fair to review this product for that purpose.
As a nail treatment, Nail Envy is my HG. I have been using for over 8 years on and off. I have thin nails that break easy. This has helped my nails grow and maintain them. For the first 2-3 weeks. You start with 2 coats on the first day ( lets say sunday ) and then 1 coat every other day until the following sunday. Then take it all off with polish remover and start again. They suggest not using polish during the initial treatment which I agree given all the coats you are going to be putting on to of the polish. For maintenance I use it once every 3-4 days.. or if I have a manicure I use it under my base ( or as my base depending on what's available) They have other formulas with are more problem specific.. I use the original because it's what I am used to. But I suggest start with the original and move on to the problem specific for maintenance.

on 10/24/2009 5:44:00 PM

I love Nail Envy. My nails seem to benefit from it, and I always regret it when I deviate from my routine. Here is my sandwich: Nailtek Foundation II base coat, then Nail Envy, then Orly Bonder, then my polish, then Seche Vite.

Nail Envy applies beautifully, dries fast and seems to work. Worth every penny.

on 10/23/2009 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My nails are pretty strong so I don't know if it's made a difference with my nail strength. I like the product though, I always use it under my nail polish. Will buy again!

on 10/19/2009 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

i LOVE this product, my nails feel great with it on and they are stronger, i have really week nails and after using this they already feel strengthened, the packaging is a bit ugly though but the product is good, a bottle will last ages. also when i put this on a dont tend to bite my nails either.

Popular Treatments