July 23, 2014 | 1877 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really good base coat, particularly if your nails are going through a brittle/damaged phase. It will smooth out imperfections and make the nails appear stronger while they are repairing. Once you apply polish, you would never know that there is anything wrong with the nails underneath!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I got so lucky and bought this for under $5.00 a few weeks ago online! YAY me!

My HG has been N.Tk II Foundation. It definately helped my thin, bending,peeling,slow growing nails.
Though,on my right hand my pointer and middle peeled a tiny bit in one area at edge sometimes. Although....I do play drums and I know I hold my stick in a way that bends them down. But, I wanted those to be a lot better.

Enter..... Nail Envy...it works!

It does not peel off my nails....(like some has reviewed...maybe the deep dry top coat mends it to my nails)...it lasts so well and has not come off like a fake press on(which sometimes my N.Tk did)....Using a 3 step process of 2 coats of original envy for base, 2/3 coats of OPI lacquer and a quick dry shiney top coat(sche or pshe) placed upon it while wet. No chipping at all either.

This is so shiney and the smell is not that bad. It did not burn like the N.Tk did at my first few uses. I also, did the treatment the bottle states at first for a week or two.

Though, I now only use it 1-2 times a week for a basecoat when changing my mani.

Also..... Thank goodness this has not caused my nails to go back to peeling in layers. I was worried by some of the other reviews.(A S.Hansen green tea etc. strengener had made my nails peel worse than before and I gave it many weeks to come out of it and it didn't.) I did not want it to ruin the wonderful progress from my N.Tk II foundation. Thank Goodness its been good so far! Yay!

My nails are not bending so much and are definately a little stronger.

Always, give a product a month or so.... beause it needs to get rid of the bad parts to begin strengthening the new growth.

Try this and N.Tk II foundation. The foundation one works to fill in and smooth your nails if they are damaged from fake nails. Or of course just using it for a base for normal nails and it also whitens the nails for a better application of light colors. I will now try the Matte version of N Envy for the same whitening covering too.

Both N.TkII and N. Envy are H.G. material for me.Because they both work!I will switch off and on. Since I heard that too much Envy will eventually cause the nails to be too hard and snap off. Also, I heard that the N.Tk II is calmer and can always be used.

I am so happy that I now have nails like my Mommy and sisters....yay me!

P.S........
Go buy a cuticle oil/cream and use it at least 2 times a day...the cuticles are the key for healthy nails.

Also.......always only use a "glass file"..... regular emery boards tear and does not seal the free edge. Throw them away...now! lol

Good Luck! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by carat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm constantly changing my nail polish, plus working at a hospital I'm constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer, so my nails were in pretty rough shape. I'd tried many different products and nail strengtheners, and I have to say, this is by far my favourite so far. I noticed a big difference after only a few applications.

Pros: It goes on smoothly, has mininal smell, a great brush for application, as well as actually looking nice on your nails.

Cons: It is quite expensive.

I haven't noticed any significant chipping/effect on the lasting power of my polish, but it's something I'll definitely watch out for now that I've read your reviews.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by angour

Pros: I love OPI polish bottles and the new flatter and wider brush, it makes the application easy. The formula dries very fast, can be worn by itself with 2-3 layers and makes hands look really neat.

Cons: This did absolutely nothing for my nails. I used it both on its own and as a base coat for the past 3 months and my nails keep splitting in huge chunks, zero change from when I first started using it. Will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by andylynns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister has this, and I've used it a few times. I initially loved it because it strengthens your nails LIKE CRAZY. It's just amazing.
However, I found it makes polish peel off after a few days (instead of a bit of polish just chipping off with wear, it will pull up and you can peel the whole nail's worth of polish off)
I guess it's debatable how big of an issue this is though.
What tipped the bucket for me was finding out that it costs $20.. too expensive!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried & true protein treatment to strengthen weak or thin nails. Be cautious of overuse, as with all protein treatments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this stuff! My nails have always peeled and now I am trying to take care of my nails now that I am getting into nail polish. This stuff has worked very well for me! I use two coats as a base coat whenever I do my nails and it helps a lot. I have gotten one split in the two weeks I have been using this, but normally I get a lot more. Kinda spendy at $17, but I think that it is totally worth it, I will definetely repurchase this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Talste

I've been using a cheap nail hardener called "Brush-On Fiberglass by Network" which has transformed my nails from being dry & brittle (reformed nail biter, here) to being in an "alright" condition. I've also recently started taking a hair/skin/nail supplement with biotin to help strengthen my nails but despite this I still get the occasional break & always get a split right thumb nail thanks to tapping the space bar on my computer with it.

Anyway although the supplements & cheapy nail hardener have kept my nails in an ok condition (they seem stronger but grow just beyond my finger tips before breaking) I thought it was time to try a more expensive nail hardener so i purchased OPI Nail Envy Original along with the Nail Envy maintenance.

I'm only 1 week in so far but am so disappointed ! In the last 2 days I've had 4 nails break ! I don't lead a particularly active lifestyle so it's definitely not strenuous physical activity that's caused them to break.

I can't ever remember having 4 nails break in 2 days when using my previous cheapy nail treatment !!!

I haven't reviewed products on here for ages but my unfortunate experience with OPI nail Envy Original has compelled me to put this review up. it seems to be a glorified nail polish that does nothing to strengthen the nails.

The only positive thing I can say about this product is my nails appear whiter & brighter as it seems to have removed some yellow stains I had on my nails that lemon juice/bicarb soda & light buffing hadn't fully removed.

I've now ordered Nail Magic after reading the reviews on here & am hoping when it arrives it will be the "nail strengthening" product I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Jessibean

I'm not sure about the long-term effects this has on my nails, but I've been using it for a month or so and it does a good job of protecting my nails from splits and peeling. I've never gone without it since I started using it, so I'm not sure if its actually improving my nail or just acting as a barrier, but it works exactly how I wanted it to. It protects my nails from all the dishes and hand washing I have to do at work. I do not, however, like that you have to leave it on for a whole week before removing it because I like to paint my nails, and having the same polish on for a week straight means disaster by the time I go to take it off. I will be buying it again, I can get it for very cheap at transdesign.com

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG nail hardener!!!! I've tried several but this is the best by far. I'm a nurse and washing my hands over and over has made my nails so dry and brittle. They would break every day even though I keep them short. I was hesitant to buy this stuff seeing how it's $16 but I was so desperate that I went for it. The directions say to apply 2 coats on the first day, then every other day apply 1 coat. After 1 week remove the polish and start over. Just after the first day I had ZERO breaks! That's a miracle for me! My nails are actually growing! I highly recommend this! I honestly would pay twice the amount I paid for this because it is so worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No