October 31, 2014 | 1207 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by BeautyTakesTheCake

Truly weightless mascara - I always forget that I'm wearing mascara with this on. Does not flake even after a 9 hour day and is easily removed. I had to deduct 1 lippie because it does not provide any curl but I can eaisly remedy that by crazy-curling my lashes with my shu curler. Only other gripe is that it can get a bit clumpy during application but I think that's my fault. I've got a knack for clumping mascara so no deductions for user error :)

Read more of my reviews at www.beautytakesthecake.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Ylva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can only say Wow! I have been using this mascara for a couple of weeks now and it's doing wonders for my average looking lashes.

This mascara really gets to every single lash I have and `feathers them outī beutifully. Compared to all other volumizing mascaras (like DiorShow) I have tried, this one is the best by far.

Normally, my lashes tend to clump together, but this doesn't happen with this mascara. The packaging is amazing too. Although the price is too high for me, I am willing to save on other things to be able to get this again once I run out. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now I'm usually one to relegate myself to drugstore mascaras because 1. I'm Chinese, my eyelashes are unforgivably short and sparse, so why bother? 2. I have to discard mascara frequently anyway.
However my SO surprised me with this wonder product a month or so ago and I almost hate him because now I don't think I can use anything but this fancypants GA Eyes to Kill!
First, yes the mascara tube itself is something to reckon with. It's a gunmetal grey and perhaps some kind of alloy/plastic compound? It's always cool to the touch and it's quite heavy and substantial - I'm sure some of the inflated price tag has to do with whatever materials they use to construct the tube itself. I'm not one for super fancy/pretty/glitter packaging but I do appreciate quality-feeling cosmetic packaging!
The mascara itself - wow, it really does something magical to my eyelashes! I had been using Maybelline Full N Soft prior to this and the difference is quite noticeable. With Eyes to Kill - my eyelashes appear to have gained a voluminous, but non-clumpy mass - not so with Full N Soft. It also nicely lengthens my eyelashes - well it holds the painstaking curl I produce with my eyelash curl and resists clumping when I recurl and recurl my eyelashes (remember my ancestry). And again I'm just really amazed that a mascara with such amazing properties doesn't clump . . . the only "higher end" mascara I've ever owned was MAC's Fibrelash and it was just an icky spidery mess after the second or third coat.
So basically I love this mascara . . . I am just going to pray that somehow it'll replenish itself and will never go rancid because it does come with a hefty price tag, but I think it may be worth it - Yes, I said it . . . drugstore mascara fiend that I am . . .

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by mishani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a mascara junkie, I put on mascara before I brush my teeth in the morning, I DO NOT leave the house without it on. I can't even imagine that. So, I can tell the difference between the good ones (diorshow, definicils, etc) This is a GREAT one. Goes on easy, no clumps, thickens and lengthens. It feels soft on your lashes. Normally, I wouldn't care about that but I think that it that elasticity that makes the mascara so flake free. Your lashes can still bend so the mascara doesn't break apart and fall all over your face. It lasts all day, I have slept with a mask on my eyes and it still looks the same in the morning. This would scare me if it didn't feel so soft and come off with water and remover easily.

I love this thing. I hope it never discontinues, I would buy ten now to stock up. I hate how expensive it is but when you have the goods to back it up you can get away with it. So it hurts, but I'm going to have to buying this thing forever.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by cougess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Based on all of the positive comments about this product I ordered it on-line. Unfortunately, I found that it flaked off and irritated my contacts so back it went. Note- if you buy armani on-line, you can return it no questions asked for full credit.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sexyglam

I wanna start off by saying I'm a mascara addict. I'm into thick, big, dark lashes, more volume than length. With that being said this mascara actually does give me beautiful lashes but I have to work at it. I have to apply many coats to get the look that want. This mascara does not clump easily but of course the more coats you put on the more clumping it will create. I have to use a mascara comb in between coats to keep my lashes fanned out. As far as length is concerned this mascara does a pretty good job too. While this mascara is pretty dark and black, it's not as dark as others I've tried, L'oreal comes to mind.. It's rather expensive and I think the hefty price tag comes more from the nice gun metal , heavy packaging than the mascara itself. I may buy this again as a splurge since it does not flake and it does give me pretty lashes but this will not be my go to mascara of choice. I'm still loving my Rimmel Glam lash, another good mascara to try for similar results is L'oreal collagen mascara, very rich and black, will give volume but won't fan out lashes as good as Eyes to Kill, and of course a fraction of the price too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must say this is very expensive for a mascara, but it does work really well. It's really good at lengthening and it doesnt clump at all. I would buy it again because I like Armani and I love mascara...especially mascaras that do what's advertised.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jenny15803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best mascara I've ever tried, no question! Compared to Dior and Lancome mascaras I've used in the past, this one is far superior at simultaneously lengthening and volumizing. You can layer quite a few coats without clumps, and it holds a curl really well (which is important for asians with short and straight lashes like me). Yes, it's a splurge, but worth it in my opinion!!! HG!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by JodyNeal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmmmm.....I had very high hopes for this after all the hype and perhaps this was a big part of my disappointment. It's pretty good, but in my experience with it not great. I really, really wanted to love this mascara as it sounded fantastic and it does deliver some volume and length. Of the Armani mascaras this is by far the best, but compared to some of the other 'greats' out there (YSL faux cils, Maxilash, Diorshow) this doesn't quite hit the mark.

What I don't like with this is that it takes some time to build up volume. It also feels quite hard on, but perhaps this is because I'm more used to the YSL which feels soft to touch when you're wearing it. I have very long lashes and I what I really try to get in a mascara is some 'oomph!' but this was hard to do with Eyes to Kill. I'd say this is comparable to some of the L'Oreal mascaras in terms of quality, which is pretty good but considering the very, very hefty price tag I was disappointed.

I'll continue to use this and try a few different application methods (with a base, with another mascara etc.) to see if I can get it to work a bit better for me, but for the long-run I'm staying loyal to my YSL, which isn't perfect (hello flakes!) but is still in a league of its own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now THIS mascara is worthy of the Armani name! Color me impressed. I have always loved Armani's lipstick, however their various mascara's have never wowed me. If you are a fellow mascara junkie, then you know that it's near impossible to find a smudge proof mascara that offers both extreme volume and extreme length at the same time. Most either give you spidery length with no volume or clumpy volume with little length. I had a feeling about this one and just had to try it. They obviously put a lot of money into the casing as well as the brush (the tube looks and feels like a sleek jewel). The brush is fluffy and lush looking. The case is absolutely gorgeous and the mascara goes on like a dream! I was stunned by how this mascara transformed my lashes. I only needed two coats and my lashes were lush, full, fanned out and luxuriously long within two minutes. Usually I have to work at getting a certain look (I didn't even need to use a lash comb)! I thought it would begin to clump when I applied the second coat, but it just made my lashes longer and thicker without clumping! I wanted a little added drama before I left work today, so I put on another coat and it still didn't clump or flake! You can build your lashes if you want to and it allows this without any mess (the formula is fabulous so chances are most people would be fine with just one coat, however I love very dramatic lashes)! I got gorgeous fanned lashes right out of a commercial with no smudging (and I have very oily skin)! I couldn't imagine anything ever replacing my beloved YSL Faux De Cil mascara, but this may be the one. A historic moment for me. I am in love!! :)