April 18, 2014 | 933 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sexyglam

I wanna start off by saying I'm a mascara addict. I'm into thick, big, dark lashes, more volume than length. With that being said this mascara actually does give me beautiful lashes but I have to work at it. I have to apply many coats to get the look that want. This mascara does not clump easily but of course the more coats you put on the more clumping it will create. I have to use a mascara comb in between coats to keep my lashes fanned out. As far as length is concerned this mascara does a pretty good job too. While this mascara is pretty dark and black, it's not as dark as others I've tried, L'oreal comes to mind.. It's rather expensive and I think the hefty price tag comes more from the nice gun metal , heavy packaging than the mascara itself. I may buy this again as a splurge since it does not flake and it does give me pretty lashes but this will not be my go to mascara of choice. I'm still loving my Rimmel Glam lash, another good mascara to try for similar results is L'oreal collagen mascara, very rich and black, will give volume but won't fan out lashes as good as Eyes to Kill, and of course a fraction of the price too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must say this is very expensive for a mascara, but it does work really well. It's really good at lengthening and it doesnt clump at all. I would buy it again because I like Armani and I love mascara...especially mascaras that do what's advertised.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jenny15803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best mascara I've ever tried, no question! Compared to Dior and Lancome mascaras I've used in the past, this one is far superior at simultaneously lengthening and volumizing. You can layer quite a few coats without clumps, and it holds a curl really well (which is important for asians with short and straight lashes like me). Yes, it's a splurge, but worth it in my opinion!!! HG!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by JodyNeal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmmmm.....I had very high hopes for this after all the hype and perhaps this was a big part of my disappointment. It's pretty good, but in my experience with it not great. I really, really wanted to love this mascara as it sounded fantastic and it does deliver some volume and length. Of the Armani mascaras this is by far the best, but compared to some of the other 'greats' out there (YSL faux cils, Maxilash, Diorshow) this doesn't quite hit the mark.

What I don't like with this is that it takes some time to build up volume. It also feels quite hard on, but perhaps this is because I'm more used to the YSL which feels soft to touch when you're wearing it. I have very long lashes and I what I really try to get in a mascara is some 'oomph!' but this was hard to do with Eyes to Kill. I'd say this is comparable to some of the L'Oreal mascaras in terms of quality, which is pretty good but considering the very, very hefty price tag I was disappointed.

I'll continue to use this and try a few different application methods (with a base, with another mascara etc.) to see if I can get it to work a bit better for me, but for the long-run I'm staying loyal to my YSL, which isn't perfect (hello flakes!) but is still in a league of its own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now THIS mascara is worthy of the Armani name! Color me impressed. I have always loved Armani's lipstick, however their various mascara's have never wowed me. If you are a fellow mascara junkie, then you know that it's near impossible to find a smudge proof mascara that offers both extreme volume and extreme length at the same time. Most either give you spidery length with no volume or clumpy volume with little length. I had a feeling about this one and just had to try it. They obviously put a lot of money into the casing as well as the brush (the tube looks and feels like a sleek jewel). The brush is fluffy and lush looking. The case is absolutely gorgeous and the mascara goes on like a dream! I was stunned by how this mascara transformed my lashes. I only needed two coats and my lashes were lush, full, fanned out and luxuriously long within two minutes. Usually I have to work at getting a certain look (I didn't even need to use a lash comb)! I thought it would begin to clump when I applied the second coat, but it just made my lashes longer and thicker without clumping! I wanted a little added drama before I left work today, so I put on another coat and it still didn't clump or flake! You can build your lashes if you want to and it allows this without any mess (the formula is fabulous so chances are most people would be fine with just one coat, however I love very dramatic lashes)! I got gorgeous fanned lashes right out of a commercial with no smudging (and I have very oily skin)! I couldn't imagine anything ever replacing my beloved YSL Faux De Cil mascara, but this may be the one. A historic moment for me. I am in love!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by somastarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was initially turned off by the price ($28, which, in my opinion, is a lot for a mascara when I can get awesome MAC Plushlash for $13). However, if there is one thing I cannot resist spending on, it's mascara!

I had been reading a lot about Eyes to Kill, and I was pretty intrigued by the sleek ads, and good press it's already generated, so I couldn't resist picking up a tube.

When I took it out of the package, the tube felt so heavy and sleek in my hand, like pure metal. The packaging is gorgeous. The wand is what ultimately sold me; fat, heavily-packed bristles work best on my lashes, and this brush looks ideal for the look I love.

What a mascara! I can't tell you how it lengthened my lashes. I have naturally long lashes that are relatively thick, but this just took the length to ridiculous extremes. My lashes extended well past the bottom of my brows. I didn't notice a huge increase in thickness, but it certainly didn't detract from my natural thickness like some mascaras do.

The formula was perfect; not too wet, glided over lashes smoothly, with no clumps. Even better, it didn't make my lashes stick together and get spidery.

The end result was gorgeous, long lush lashes. I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by hurleyk12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely ridiculous. This is insane how awesome this mascara is! Immediately you can feel the quality when twist out the wand...it is sort of sturdy I guess you could say and the wand won't get all funky and will keep its shape...but not made of rubber....so it is jet black, makes your lashes seem to grow, curl and doesn't clump whatsoever or flake which drives me crazy..so what else could you be looking for. It looks very natural and I love to wear it w/o shadow or liner which never happens until now. Oh and it lasts all day so I am good and just hope they don't ever discontinue now that I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by xswt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to try it after reading all the reviews! the tube is kind of awesome cause it looks like its made out of steel (sort of bulletproof). it doesnt clump, i'll agree with that. you can build up volume but it doesnt look dramatic on me. the only bad thing for me was that it did SMUDGE! i must have the most oiliest lids or something! that and the weather was extremely humid. so beware, it does smudge. the SA said it was water-proof but i splashed cold water on my face and bam! it was dripping down. it comes off easily with water and make-up remover. overall... eh... wish it was water-proof for reals.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by adrienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though I am in love with my Diorshow Iconic mascara, I thought I'd try this one due to the rave reviews it got here. I have to say I was pretty let down. What I like about Diorshow is that it's dramatic but still looks natural. Eyes to Kill is also dramatic but if someone were to look at you it would be pretty obvious to them that you were wearing mascara due to the flakes that seem attached to your lashes. This mascara also didn't make my lashes as voluminous as Diorshow does. Definitely not the worst mascara I've tried but I don't think it's worth it's price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by airedale3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! The other reviewers are right. This is the best mascara I have ever used. It makes my lashes look fabulous! I have tried many mascaras and this is the very best! The black is a very dark black and really makes my lashes look great. My lashes even looked like they had been curled a bit, and my lashes never look like that, even with an eyelash curler. Way better than Diorshow or any of the Lancome that I did think were great. Definitely HG!