August 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mimosaorminnie

Let me start of by telling you that I have horrible combination skin.. super oily everywhere, but dry around my mouth, and pimples here and there. Dark Angels is the first LUSH product I have tried and this exfoliater/cleanser, after using it twice, has already started to clear up the cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline. I am so impressed by how clean my face feels. I only use a dime size portion of it, since it goes a long way.. one of the reasons why its not too pricey for me. I would recommend using this product every other day, depending on your level of sensitivity. I will definitely be purchasing this if I ever run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This would probably work best for someone with oily skin that isnt sensitive. I have sensitive combo skin and this is a bit much for me. I can only use it about once a week. It does make my skin really soft and glow-y though. Sometimes it leaves a nasty blackish residue on my skin if I dont rinse it well enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by roobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this product broke me out like crazy.i can say this because everytime i used this it broke me out.i finished the tub but for such a pricy product its not worth it.i would suggest to sample it as lots of MUA's do love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by KittyRoseGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! I went and bought this after I used a couple of the face masks (Cosmetic Warrior and Love Lettuce) and think this is the best exfoliator I have ever used. I have a very oily and flaky T-zone and this gets rid of all the flakiness without over drying. I have never used anything better!! My only complaint is that because of the colour it can leave a ring in the sink but it is good in one way because I manage to get every speck of it off my face because I can see it. I have since replaced all of my old cleansers and exfoliators because they never seemed to scrub enough. Not to say that this has been harsh on my skin, but for very sensitive skin this may irritate. Also, I did get lazy for a couple of days and didn't use any of my face stuff and noticed I got more blackheads, existing ones are larger and my skin was no longer nearly as smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by gatuzm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A little background on my skin. Combination, break-outs here and there, but I wouldn't necessarily say its sensitive. Oily t-zones, and just normal everywhere else.

At first, I had wanted to get AOBS, seeing as the weather is getting colder, I thought I might need the moisture, but the sales lady had recommended this to me based on my skin type. This is definently NOT meant for people with sensitive skin. I myself don't have a problem with exfoliants as I've tried many, and none have seemed to irritate my skin in a harsh way. But for people with sensitive skin, steer clear, cause unless your skin can handle exfoliation well, this won't work for you.

I actually got a relatively huge amount of this, as I got a pre-packaged tub filled with the contents worth of $21 >.< Apparently, the LUSH I bought this from can only sell the one's that are alrady packaged. It got me worried, since I know these products have an expiration date, and I can't imagine finishing up the tub. A little goes a long way!!! For myself I use maybe a dime size amount, and once it's mixed with a bit of water, it spreads easily to cover my whole face.

As scary as it might sound to others, I actually use this as a daily cleanser. I agree that it's abrasive, but as long as you use gentle swirling motion, it shouldn't be as harsh. My first use was a sucess, it left my skin glowing :) Rosy cheeks and all. I was amazed by how smooth and soft my skin was. As other have noted, it does leave a residue (which might be the reason behind the softness of the skin). Depending on my mood, I would just leave it, and let that be the moisturizer for my skin. But if I need extra cleansing, I'd just wipe it off with a toner, and proceed with my Emperialis moisturizer.

It's been 2 weeks, so far so good. It hasn't broken me out, and my acne scars are getting lighter. My skin is smoother to the touch, and not dry whatsoever. Its honestly worth the money, as I don't think I'll be needing to repurchase this for months. If you're worried that it would be too abrassive, try using it in the shower, as it will cause less of a mess, and for some reason, i find it easier to manipulate the coal chunks away to prevent over-exfoliating.

I try to keep my hand dry whenever taking this product out of the tub, as I don't want any moisture going into it. I guess Im paranoid that it'll go bad or something.

I wouldn't say yet that this is HG status, as I still want to try other cleanser/exfoliants from LUSH.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by IqMakeup

This product cleans my face really well. However my nose does feel oily after about two hours but that is due to the super hot weather here in karachi ! At first I thought this product did not do much for me... felt really harsh on my skin but I guess I have discovered and keep finding new ways to make it more effective. First of all to see the real effect of it - I stopped using all other cleansers/soaps. Then I started using it in the shower after I am done - I feel the hot steam really makes it work hahaha. I felt the product left a 'film' on my skin so therefore a toner is A MUST ! Trust me you would be surprised at the black goo you'll see on the cotton pad ! I use MAC fix + btw. I would probably buy it again but since I asked my brother in the UK to get it for me... I think Ill try other LUSH stuff instead. Also the short expiry is annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by corinnemariexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my all time favorite cleanser/exfoliant. At first I tried using it every day, which dried my skin out horribly. I went back to Lush and bought Herbalism as an everyday wash and continued to use Dark Angles at night. Well, while in Lush today the SA suggested I use Ultra Bland with DA on top! Now I can use Dark Angles everyday! I get complimented on my skin almost everyday and I have Lush to thank for it. If you love DA but can't use it as often as you'd like, try it with Ultra Bland! I first bought this 3 months ago and I really can't live without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Garna_Divka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin feels surprisingly soft after it, though it seems to be a bit harsh for the first time. I think its a nice scrub mask for a non-sensitive skin. Unfortunately I tend to break out after it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MareShep30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased Dark Angels on Friday afternoon and have used it 3 times since. People have already noticed a difference in my skin, and overall appearance of my face. This stuff is amazing!!! My skin feels so soft yet so clean when I use this, and my normally ridiculously oily skin does not shine at all even 8 hours later. This is something I will never, ever be without!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Markee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product, I have been using it for a while now, but not so much as a cleanser than as a weekly exfoliant. I like how you are able to decide how much exfoliation you want with this cleanser by adding more or less water. I have really oily skin & I don't know that it has improved my oily-ness but I definitely like this product to help unclog pores and remove dead skin. Sometimes I also like to leave it on my face for a few minutes as a mask. This product smells the same as Coal Face cleanser or Enzymion moisturizer, a little like black licorice, I guess, but I like it. And I also love how inexpensive it is!