July 26, 2014 | 1867 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Perpp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara two days ago, and I am returning it. I have short eye lashes, and this mascara did nothing to help it. All it did was clump up my lashes and my lashed looked the same, but only darker and clumpier. There was no length added to lashes whatsoever and there was no volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by GeekChic82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm personally not a fan of this mascara. I picked it up because I've always had good luck with Mabelline mascaras, but this one surprised me. It was very chunky and I had to work very hard not to end up with spider lashes. I found it far too thick for my taste, and constantly had to remove half of the mascara on a tissue before applying. You will need a GOOD eye make-up remover to get all of this mascara off, it sticks like glue.

However, kudos to this mascara for being *truly* waterproof and tough to get off. I did enjoy being able to have a shower at the gym and not worry about re-applying afterward. If not for the chunky factor, I probably would buy 'Colossal Waterproof' again if only for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by aliengreentea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this mascara. I am not a fan of the nonwaterproof one but the waterproof version is the best. It holds my curl really well especially since my lashes are so stick straight stubborn. I also like the fact that it volumizes and lengthens my lashes as well. My lashes so noticeably fuller and I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love it. i usually get panda eyes putting me off mascara for a good number of years and i decided to try this as it was on sale for $3AU (freak sale).

It doesn't smudge, gives me volume (don't mind the non defined, slightly clumpy look due to my lack of lashes),
= is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by amandamooo

OML, well for starters i accidently picked up the waterproof one instead of the normal one, this stuff was absolutely impossible to get off my lashes, it had like no anti clump wiper or anything so it was a VERY clumpy mascara, i have short straight lashes so i hoped this would volumise them alot, i swear it only made them clumpy not 9x the volume or whatever, its wand is really short too, esp compared to define a lash etc. its a bright yellow so it definitely stood out in my makeup collection but it has a weird off smell to it. the only good thing for me was that it held my curl pretty decently so yeah it definitely was not the mascara for me, maybe if you have long curly eyelashes?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was a decent mascara and one of the first I actually used up before it dried up. It doesn't give much drama, just a rich black with a little curl and some volume. It did have one drawback, throughout the day it would transfer/meltoff onto my brow bone, i had to keep wiping it off...i have long lashes but it has only happened with this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by AJlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitley enjoyed this product. It has very cute packaging and since I bought the waterproof version, it stayed on all day like it was supposed to but was a pain to get off.

The price was around 6 to 7 dollars, which is the average price for a mascara. I bought the one in Glam Black, which has little shimmers in it.

It holds curl very nicely and makes your lashes extremely long, which is what I typically look for in a mascara.

You can find this at any drugstore that sells maybelline!

Overall I have a very positive thought about the Colossal mascara by Maybelline and I definitley suggest everyone picking it up! ♥ :]

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by CMK

Pros: Volumizes, lengthens, holds curl, and wipes off easily with eye-makeup remover

Cons: This is a "wetter" formula that requires me to keep me eyes half-open for about a minute so that it does not get on my face. This also smudges the bottom of my eyes after about 4-5 hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

No, this mascara didn't do the trick for me. At all. The formula is way too runny and it takes too long, even with makeup-remover for waterproof makeup, to remove it at night. The volume is no way near "colossal", neither.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by booboo242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an alright mascara. It does a decent job at lengthening and lasts a long time, but I don't think I'll repurchase this unless I can't find a better mascara. It clumps a little too much, the formula is too wet, it doesn't do a good job volumizing, it's really hard to wash off, and it won't hold a curl longer than a couple hours. I do like the brush, though, because it has synthetic bristles and I prefer those over rubber bristles. It doesn't flake or smudge, either. Some people complain about the smell (slightly rosey) but it doesn't bother me any, as it goes away as soon as you apply it. I think it would probably be a better mascara for people who have thicker lashes than me.