Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 12/26/2011 11:15:00 AM

I bought this mascara because i was in definite need of something better than my regular great lash mascara which wasn't cutting it. So I saw this at the store and bought it. It's a great mascara with lot's of volume and a black that really made my eye color pop and made my lashes appear longer. The only "con" of this is it can get clumpy, the brush can get a tad messy when applying and is definitley big as well as the longer I had it the more it dries your lashes out. Especially with the waterproof one, it's incredibly hard to take off. I'd consider it to be just ok.

I LOVE this mascara! Technically I give it 4.5 stars. I've been looking forever for a good inexpensive drugstore brand mascara that doesn't make you Ricky Raccoon by end of day and gives good, rich color while allowing volume. This is my everyday mascara for the past 3-4 months and I will keep buying it! For a long time I was using Maybelline's XXL Waterproof. That mascara is still my fav for the most dramatic look and better lengthening. The only problem is even the waterproof formula would give me dark under eyes by the end of the night and the same goes for the Stiletto waterproof formula. Both XXL and Stiletto work similar for dramatic lashes however.

I love the Waterproof Volum' Express Colossal because you can build the heaviness/drama, NO flaking (I hate flaking as I wear contacts), it curls more as it dries, and the best part is so far, it is one of the best waterproof, lash-curling mascaras I've ever tried. Which is HUGE for me, as I need the mascara not to smudge...ever! Also, I wear contact lenses and this is sensitive enough for them. If someone can recommend a formula to me that is more dramatic for length and volume (like the XXL's etc.) that is as waterproof as this one, please let me know. I highly recommend this waterproof formula!!!

on 12/16/2011 4:53:00 PM

I love this mascara! Plus for $5? It's a great drugstore product. It's not thick and makes my lashes look fuller and longer. It's not hard to take off too.

on 12/13/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really have nothing bad to say about this mascara. It doesn't clump and makes my lashes look fuller. The waterproof version is definitely better because it keeps my lashed curled (whereas the non-waterproof version makes them fall down) and it doesn't smudge at all. Not sure about how easily it builds since I usually use one coat.

on 12/10/2011 9:44:00 AM

This is a great mascara! Blackest black and waterproof/smudge proof from 7:30 in the morning to 8:30 at night, even after a gym workout. And surprisingly it's easy to remove as well; some Biore face wash or Shu Uemura facial oil and it comes right off. Highly recommend for the quality and the price.

on 12/3/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly this mascara does wonders for my dull straight Asian lashes! I received compliments on how gorgeous my eyes were after using this. I absolutely adore this product other than the fact that it makes my lashes hard and 'crunchy' and it's hard to take off. For some reason, My lashes also fall off when I use this which obviously isn't ideal. I wonder why as this doesn't seems to be a problem for anyone else. It's also strange that other reviewers have commented that this makes their lashes soft..? Ugh, did I get a faulty product? I hope not. Anywho, I'll be testing this out again sometime soon.

on 11/30/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the one Maybelline mascara I haven't loved. I like ones that dry on my lashes pretty instantly. Usually I can blink on a tissue immediately after applying and everything is in place/nothing comes off on the tissue. With this one, there was soo much excess. Too risky to put on and rush out the door to work. I prefer Mayelline's Stiletto and Falsies.

on 11/29/2011 8:33:00 PM

Got this in special for $17NZD so pretty cheap. Goes on nicely, no clumping and I like the big brush.
Smudges a bit at the end of the day, usually after I've been riding my horse and sweating.
Can be quite hard to get off, I usually end up with a bit of a "panda eye". Might buy again if its on special

on 11/25/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Best, best, BEST mascara I've ever used! For some reason, only the waterproof version of The Colossal rocks it out for me; I tried switching to the washable version and the results were literally like night and day. I lost a ton of the volume, length and thickness I was used to with this version (waterproof) and it seemed like it clumped up a lot easier, too.

What I adore about this mascara? It delivers everything I love in a mascara; volume, thick-looking lashes without clumps, length AND ability to hold a curl. I'll curl my lashes before applying, then again after the mascara has dried & I get a gorgeous, lasting curl that holds all day.

Definitely my HG of mascaras! I always try other brands/varieties and end up right back here :)

on 11/12/2011 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the best mascara I've ever used. Definitely my HG! It does add a lot of volume to my lashes, and a little bit of length, too (though I think these results are probably more due to the brush than the formula of the product, as I've noticed that it tends to be the brush that ultimately makes the difference). The product itself doesn't really clump at all, so you can add several coats without your lashes getting all clumped together. If you're on the fence, I'd say go ahead and try it. It's a drugstore mascara so you're not out too much money if you're completely underwhelmed by it.