September 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by em0hly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After struggling with over-plucking my eyebrows, I caved into getting an eyebrow kit, rather than filling in with eye shadows, and boy am I sure glad I did! I LOVE this kit! Comes with a gel side to fill in the brow, and a powder side to help lighten the gel for a more natural looking outcome.
The brush that comes with the packaging puts the gel on a little too light for my dark brows, so I had to buy a new brush, so that was one downside, but if you have a lighter brow color, I wouldn't foresee having to buy a new brush, unless the cheap one that comes with it bothers you!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by elledrose

I have very light and sparse eyebrows so I need a product that darkens and defines them without looking like I tattooed them on. I have had many different brow powders, and pencils before and this is by far the best, I've gone through 4 of them already (they last a while though). The gel works great, it's buildable and it looks natural. However the powder is too bright and light for me and looks to fake but I use it as eye shadow sometimes. Definitely would recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in taupe. This is a great product. I use a thin angled brush to apply, the one in the kit is ok but I prefer a longer handle and a bit thinner. I use the wax side to fill in and then the powder on top and brush out my brows after each step to shape them. I never notice my brows fading and the shade is perfect. I would say that using an eyeshadow (I use MAC omega, cork, or charcoal brown or Urban Decay Buck) or a pencil (I use MAC lingering) is faster as it's one product, however they cost a lot more. If you have the eyeshadow on hand, might as well do that and have multi-tasking products. But this is the cheapest and best performing brow product I have found. I would recommend it to any budget shopper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by melparker131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product gave my brows life, at first i got the medium one in Target and it was a little light, i think if youre mixed or a light Michele Rodriguez colored hispanic that would be good for you. im a Gabrielle Union color. i ordered the dark one in the mail and it works really well. i use it with Milani easybrow in dark brown because my eyebrows are very sparse so i kind of trace everything then fill it in with this, and i use Milani's brow fix kit to do the highlighting. the little brushes that come with this are adorable but unreasonably small so i got an elf angled brush instead, its fabulous. i probably spent less than $15 on everything together.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Choochay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This kit makes my eyebrows fuller, the light shade is perfect for those who don't want "drawn" eyebrows. It's such a steal compared to other eyebrow kits. The brush that comes with could be better, but other than that this is such a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't stand pencils because they are always to dark and look fake on me. The eyebrow kit is nice but a little hard to get the product on but once on it looks really nice and natural. Will buy again til I find better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Yoora

My sister and I have been using the same eyebrow pencil with my sister for about a year or so and it's fairly light on me (despite it saying dark brown).

I was skeptic buying this even the reviews raved. The packaging is a bit bulky though it seems secure the top won't break off anytime soon.

I have sort of an ombré because of my inconsistent hair dying (looks good though) so I wasn't use for a while how dark my eyebrows should be.

I bought this in medium and it looks really good. I like how dark the medium is and surprised how useful the powder is. My only other complaint is I rather them not giving me a crap brush.

I use a Mac angle brush to apply. Works well. Just need a sploge now. =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a little gem! I have naturally dark and dense eyebrows but this inexpensive buy makes me look more polished. Great packaging, great product and great price. I have never had to look elsewhere for a similar product. I don't use the brush that comes with it, an angled liner brush will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ikissenglish

I have black hair. This kit in Medium works perfectly. I only use the gel, which is a dark neutral brown. I find the powder if kind of tan/brown and I don't like it. I use this every day and it has lasted me 8 months. I think i have a few months left with it, because it lasts a long time. I don't like the brushes it comes with, so I use a thick angled brush and it works well. Also, in my kit, the powder fell out, and the plastic window thing also fell out. However, I love this and will use it forever and ever and ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by NotYourKindofPeople

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have highlighted ash blond hair, with very light eyebrows naturally, and I purchased this in Ash.

The formula/ color: This kit contains a tinted wax and a powder. The wax applies easily, and evenly. I find the color looks quite natural on me. The powder looks really light in the package, but works well with the wax. I find the wax and powder last well on my brows (combination skin with oily forehead).

The packaging: This comes in very "ELF" looking packaging, which looks like a knockoff of NARS packaging. It's black, compact, and sleek. What's not to like? The kit comes with a double ended brush. One end is angled, the other is flat and rounded. For being a cheap add in, I find this brush very useable. I use the angled end to apply the wax and the flat to apply the powder.

The price: $3. "Nough said.

The bottom line: This kit allows me to define my light brows without looking too dark. For the price and performance, I would repurchase.