Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 3/19/2013 12:42:00 PM

Horrible. Smells terrible, broke me out in horrendous cystic acne that took me 2 months to get rid of, doesn't moisturize, and irritated my sensitive skin. Would never recommend to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Meh I had several samples of this and this came in my Happy Travels kit. After one use of the sample that I didn't even finish it. I threw it away. I couldn't stand the moisturizer seems so heavy and filled with cones (felt that way) and it smelled like plastic too. It seemed to be clogging my pores as well. It was just gross. Miracle Moisturizer is better and lighter.

on 3/7/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Such an awful moisturizer, it has a horrible very chemically strong fragrance and does absolutely nothing for my skin. It applies patchy and doesn't want to absorb into my skin and leaves the skin feeling even worse. awful awful awful

on 3/7/2013 2:26:00 PM

WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED!!!!

I was given a sample a few weeks ago of the face wash and really enjoyed it, so I was curious about trying some more products from the line. I bought a sample kit from Sephora in the beginning of the week with their "when hope is not enough< Hope in a jar and their facewash. First off the cream smells absolutely disgusting, and the "fumes" from the lotion were burning my eyes after applying it. I woke up the next day to the absolute worst reaction I have ever had from any skin care. A sore, itchy red rash all over my face. It looks like I have sever poison ivy, and its very upsetting and is causing me to take time off work because of how intense and off putting the rash is all over. It could possibly be the the retinol cream in the kit that caused the reaction, but I am not prepared to risk fooling around and subjection my face to looking like a monstrosity again.

Needless to say the intire kit is being return to Sephora once I look human again, and I am forever staying clear of Philosophy products!!!

i love this moisturizer! it does have an unusual scent at first, but it disappears rather quickly. i use it twice a day and my skin is normally very dry, but this makes my skin feel wonderful.

on 3/1/2013 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I buy this item in travel size tube form, I feel its more hygienic. My skin is combo more towards oily and sometimes dont need a moisturizer but I keep this one around for dry patches usually above my lip, chin, and around nose and eyebrows. I like how it gives me a pinky glow. The smell could be nicer though. Overall a product I want to have around.

on 2/25/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got a sample of this and I was really excited to try it since I've heard so much about it. I also didn't want to purchase it because it is quite expensive. The smell was a shock. I thought maybe I got a bad batch until I read the reviews. It is nothing special. Not particularly moisturizing, just average. But the smell for me was unbearable and a definite deal breaker. Will not purchase

on 2/25/2013 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow this stuff is unbelievable awful. I've tried many, many moisturisers over the years and while none of them have worked that well for me this one just takes the cake. It smells like cheap plastic, feels greasy and uncomfortable on my skin, and broke me out in a rash. i think I've had more luck slathering diprobase all over my face!

on 2/22/2013 10:23:00 AM

First off, I like this product. I don't love it though. A little about my skin...I have combination skin big time (dry cheeks and flakey forehead, oil slick around my nose and chin), I am also very pale, my skin can be sensitive at times and is acne prone at times.

Now for the review..... the scent is strong at first. I don't like the smell BUT it does disappear within a couple minutes. It is a little thicker than my daily moisturizer. If my face is looking a lil flakier or drier I will use it otherwise in the daytime it won't work for me. It makes my face too shiny and greasy looking on a normal day. I have NOT noticed it breaking me out BUT I don't use it every day. I will use the jar I have and next winter, I probably will buy another. Either way, it works GREAT as a night moisturizer it just has some drawbacks as I mentioned. There are better moisturizers but this one isn't the worst by far.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Indian, NC40-42, dark brown eyes and black hair for reference. I truly love this moisturizer. It keeps me hydrated all day, my skin feels so soft, and I really love the scent. Used it years ago when I received it as a gift, and then in true beauty addict fashion tried several other face creams for kicks. Have just started another jar of this, and was reminded of how much I love it. I will definitely buy again!