October 24, 2014 | 1692 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! I've tried a TON of reds and this one is my absolute favorite! I've been hunting so long for a true red, one without brick or pinkish undertones and this is just the color for me. This was also the first matte lipstick I ever purchased.

This is the PERFECT low maintenance red. As it is a matte lipstick, the staying power for this lipstick is absolutely incredible. I can honestly say that after 11 hours of wear, this lipstick was going strong and the color (despite having eaten and drank water from a fountain) was still just as vibrant as it was when I first applied it in the morning. It hardly transferred at all to any napkins, straws, and barely even my fingers. Another plus with this matte lipstick is that it didn't "bleed" or run down into the minuet lines surrounding mouth as some lipsticks do. I also didn't have to use a liner to make this lipstick opaque or durable which can cut time in half (especially if you're the type to apply your lipstick with a brush) and kept me from the hassle of trying to find a mirror so that I could whip my lipstick out in public and reapply it after a meal.
I can see the shade it's self being universally flattering to most, if not all skin tones. I didn't have a problem with this drying my lips out either.
If you're a new comer to the vibrant and glamorous world of red lipstick, look no more! You won't have to worry or feel self-conscious about smearing or making a huge mess with this and chances are, the color will flatter your skin tone and make those pearly whites of yours stand out...just the way a good red should! It's definitely worth the price! I highly, highly recommend this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by pololuvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this color. First off I love that this line of lipsticks has that little window at the top so you can actually see what color it is and not have to wonder if the sticker matches the shade. Anywho back to the lipstick the formula and pigmentation are great. Goes on very smoothly and although it's matte it's not drying. Rimmel London's lip pencil in 021 red dynamite matches it very well. I wore this out to the club and it stayed on pretty much all night. My only qualm is that the cap doesnt click shut so it kept floating around my purse but luckily the lipstick didn't get ruined.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

just got this after reading all the positive reviews, and i'm glad i did. i usually prefer my lipsticks more creamy, but the matte finish of this one gives a really lovely vintage vibe, and the staying power is pretty great. it will last a long time, and wasn't really drying but you could always add balm under or put gloss over it. very glad i got this-it's a wonderful red lipstick for the price.
fyi-i'm a very fair-skinned, blue-eyed girl with cool undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG ladies!! this lipstick is absolutely amazing!! all the positive reviews on here arent lying!! walmart sells this lipstick for 5$. it sells out as soon as they stock it down here and now i know why!! its the perfect red lipstick!! it comes in a matte black and silver tube, very simple but nice, with a little window at the end so you can see the color and whether or not the lipstick is melted or crushed or whatever. if your scared of red lipstick or afraid it will make your teeth look yellow then please please try this one! ive searched and searched for my HG red (mac russian red made me look dead, cliniques angel red made me look like a hag, rimmels temptation brings out every single teeny zit) this is a perfect red. my HG! i am stocking up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great red lipstick!!!! I am no longer afraid to wear red lipstick thanks to this one. When I'm bold enough to wear it I get several compliments. I recently wore it for a family pic and it just looked gorgeous on me. I also think its very long lasting, and non drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

A gorgeous true hollywood red, like everyone says. What I call a bleep-me-red. To me the hue has more of an orange undertone than a blue, if that makes sense. But it's not an orangey red -- it's still just bright red red. Definitely not pinky like some reds can look. The tube will likely go bad before I use it all up because it's such a dramatic look, I won't wear it too often, but that's just me (nude gloss is staple). I just had to try it after reading the reviews here, plus Revlon is often on sale, so I picked this up for $5. :) A fun one to try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Rachel211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been searching for a matte red - this is awesome. It does last a very long time, stays put and doesn't bleed. Only con is that when it does wear off, it leaves a bit of a dry/blotchy mess, but that's solved by reapplying. I have gone about 5 hours/a meal/sipping drinks before needing to reapply. Great product for someone sick of glossy/greasy lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by saraasponda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to red lipstick! The super matte formula makes it stay put, even after multiple pecks on cheeks and drinking. I would say that the color is pretty much the perfect red, especially for someone with medium-dark coloring -- dark brown-almost black hair, medium skin and brown eyes (I'm half Indian and half white, if you're curious). I just put on some Burt's Bees and then a layer of this and I'm good to go! My lips never feel dried out and it really only feels like you're wearing lip balm.

I will say that if you are looking for shine, this is definitely not best the product for you, but layering a clear gloss on top would not be awful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

OMG, this is the best red ever! I've always preferred a matte lipstick, and this is no exception. The red is very beautiful especially on those with darker hair and warm colors. I would repurchase this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bubblex23

Very nice red. Looking at the color in the tube, I thought it would be darker than it actually is. But when I put it on, it transformed into the most elegant red that I have! I love this color! Also, because it is matte, I think the color seems to stay better than the more moisturizing lipsticks. I don't see the need to blot and then reapply in order to have the product last longer on my lips.