Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I'm a Caramel 400 in ColorStay and a NC40. This product is gorgeous on me. I feel so glam with this lipstick. The texture is amazing, too- it doesn't bleed, smudge, or transfer. I have hour-long classes and I only reapply it after lunch during the whole day, which is more than I can say for every other lip product I wear to school. The color stays beautiful and vibrant and with a little lick or Vaseline can be blotted to a stain but stays put otherwise. No unflattering undertones that yellows teeth or ashen skin. This lipstick is pure perfection. I hope Revlon never stops making this.

The. Perfect. Red.

Yes, I've said it. I'm Asian, so my skin has some rather yellow undertones even though I'm fairly light (MUFE HD 117). Although blue-based lipsticks make my teeth look awesome, they also tend to make my skin look sallow and sickly. I also can't wear corals or orangey-reds because they make me look darker than I care to be. I wanted a matte red lipstick, reminiscent of 1940s Hollywood glamour but most of the offerings in stores both high-end and drugstore were far too bright and not accurate enough.

So when I read that the makeup artists on "Mad Men" used Really Red, I was sold. I definitely contemplated between buying the Revlon lipstick or MAC's Russian Red, but the fact that this lipstick was only a third of the price of Russian Red pulled me in. And I'm definitely glad that I didn't shell out the extra ten dollars!

Really Red has a great matte finish that isn't drying and lasts for a LONG TIME. I'm talking four hours before a touch up at the bare minimum. I think that it is a "warm true red" if those things exist. Pink toned skin could definitely work this lipstick as well, but it is very dramatic and I think that a sheer wash of the product would suit cooler tones best. The pigmentation is very nice and buildable, but two coats leave the best color result. All in all, I love this product and would definitely repurchase it, especially considering that I only paid $6.99 at ULTA.

on 1/24/2011 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I finally got the confidence to wear red lipstick out and about, and after a long and exhausting search I've found one I love! Other Revlon reds pull pink on me, but this is true to it's name, Really Red. It's not pink or orange. It can cost between $8-$9 at a drug store, but it's $5 at Target or Walmart. That's a steal for such a high quality product (especially if you find a Revlon coupon too).

It can be drying, but it's a matte lipstick so duh. In my opinion matte reds are much easier to wear. Maybe it's b/c they look more crisp and less sloppy. Maybe b/c they're true to that vintage look I'm trying to emulate. I always get compliments when i wear this, and I've been asked if I was wearing Russian Red before haha. I own Russian Red as well and I truly feel this is comparable. If you're contemplating Russian Red but don't want to shell out the cash give this a whirl first, you get more lipstick in the tube than mac, and for 1/3 of the price ($5 vs $14.50). Don't get me wrong, I do love Russian Red as well.

The packaging is really sleek and classy looking too, it's black and silver and matches the great quality of the product. I'm collecting red lipsticks and Really Red is the one I wear the most. My boyfriend loves me in red lipstick, and I feel like a pin up when I wear this. Overall it's a great product for an incredibly cheap price!

on 1/18/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I was looking for a red (not orange - not wine - not brown) red - as in bright, vibrant, true red lipstick. After reading reviews here for various reds, I decided on this one. I am so incredibly disappointed :-( This is as ORANGE as orange gets. Just an ugly off burnt orange color. I had to double check that I bought the correct lipstick, and it is - Revlon Really Red Matte. I tried applying several different ways - to plain lips - with moisturizer underneath - with gloss over the top - with moisturizer and gloss, and finally overtop a layer of concealer, then a layer of foundation. Nothing. No luck. Everything I did made it an ugly peachy orange color. I was hoping for a bright, vibrant blue based RED. And that is NOT what this is for me. Overall a bitter disappointment. The search continues unfortunately.

Now this is a RED lipstick! I couldnt quite get it to work on me yet, but I just love how red it is. Im in the process of buying a lip brush for this so I can control the consistency. For the price & the fact that Im not going to be using this everyday, I think it's worth it. It goes on real nice and isn't drying at all! Im lookin forward to trying more lipsticks in this line. I wasnt into revlon lippys for a while, but after this lipstick, it made me excited to try more. Definately one to pick up from their line. I had to go through 3 drugstores just to find this one, so I think that says something about it :)

A beautiful tomato red on my lips (: non drying even though its a matte lipstick. I feel this is more appropriate for daytime wear versus my Russian red from Mac. This one has more staying power too and I find myself reaching more for this one, funny how we find ourselves reaching for drugstore over high end sometimes. HG!

on 12/23/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wow! I've tried a TON of reds and this one is my absolute favorite! I've been hunting so long for a true red, one without brick or pinkish undertones and this is just the color for me. This was also the first matte lipstick I ever purchased.

This is the PERFECT low maintenance red. As it is a matte lipstick, the staying power for this lipstick is absolutely incredible. I can honestly say that after 11 hours of wear, this lipstick was going strong and the color (despite having eaten and drank water from a fountain) was still just as vibrant as it was when I first applied it in the morning. It hardly transferred at all to any napkins, straws, and barely even my fingers. Another plus with this matte lipstick is that it didn't "bleed" or run down into the minuet lines surrounding mouth as some lipsticks do. I also didn't have to use a liner to make this lipstick opaque or durable which can cut time in half (especially if you're the type to apply your lipstick with a brush) and kept me from the hassle of trying to find a mirror so that I could whip my lipstick out in public and reapply it after a meal.
I can see the shade it's self being universally flattering to most, if not all skin tones. I didn't have a problem with this drying my lips out either.
If you're a new comer to the vibrant and glamorous world of red lipstick, look no more! You won't have to worry or feel self-conscious about smearing or making a huge mess with this and chances are, the color will flatter your skin tone and make those pearly whites of yours stand out...just the way a good red should! It's definitely worth the price! I highly, highly recommend this!

on 12/3/2010 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE this color. First off I love that this line of lipsticks has that little window at the top so you can actually see what color it is and not have to wonder if the sticker matches the shade. Anywho back to the lipstick the formula and pigmentation are great. Goes on very smoothly and although it's matte it's not drying. Rimmel London's lip pencil in 021 red dynamite matches it very well. I wore this out to the club and it stayed on pretty much all night. My only qualm is that the cap doesnt click shut so it kept floating around my purse but luckily the lipstick didn't get ruined.

just got this after reading all the positive reviews, and i'm glad i did. i usually prefer my lipsticks more creamy, but the matte finish of this one gives a really lovely vintage vibe, and the staying power is pretty great. it will last a long time, and wasn't really drying but you could always add balm under or put gloss over it. very glad i got this-it's a wonderful red lipstick for the price.
fyi-i'm a very fair-skinned, blue-eyed girl with cool undertones.

on 11/29/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG ladies!! this lipstick is absolutely amazing!! all the positive reviews on here arent lying!! walmart sells this lipstick for 5$. it sells out as soon as they stock it down here and now i know why!! its the perfect red lipstick!! it comes in a matte black and silver tube, very simple but nice, with a little window at the end so you can see the color and whether or not the lipstick is melted or crushed or whatever. if your scared of red lipstick or afraid it will make your teeth look yellow then please please try this one! ive searched and searched for my HG red (mac russian red made me look dead, cliniques angel red made me look like a hag, rimmels temptation brings out every single teeny zit) this is a perfect red. my HG! i am stocking up!

Popular Lipsticks