September 15, 2014 | 1761 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG is EL DW, but I noticed that it can look a bit cakey sometimes. Anyways, after reading the reviews on this foundation I wanted to give it a try, and I must say that it performs just as well as DW, and even better, because it never looks cakey, no matter how much I apply!
Before I used the matte foundation from Guerlain, and I remember being very impressed with the texture, but it broke me out. This one hasn't broken me out, which is a major accomplishment for a foundation in my books. Even if it is highly fragranced, it doesn't seem to be bothering my skin in any way. The scent is there for quite some time, but eventually disappears.
The color match is slightly off. I wear Ecru in DW, which is a perfect match, and in Parure Extreme the only shade I can wear is Light Beige (the lightest), which is still slightly darker than I'd like it to be. But it's not that noticeable, and oddly enough, the more I use it, the better it matches (?).
The texture is pure love. It spreads easily, covers very well (same as DW), and leaves a nice natural soft finish. It lasts and lasts, doesn't rub off stuff, controls oil very well (but in this regard DW is still a bit better).
Overall I can say that this is my #1 foundation, followed closely by EL DW. EL DW Light is third, although it tends to break me out.
EDIT 7/7/2011 - Actually I'm no longer a fan of this foundation, as I find it oxidizes too much on me, and it gets too dark, considering the lightest shade is darker to begin with. Also, It makes me oily faster than others, and my face itches a bit while I have it on. So my HG is still EL DW, followed by LM Silk Creme

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sucker4makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! I bought this stuff after seeing it on Sephora.com. I was a bit skeptical, as it is so new and not yet thoroughly reviewed. Boy am I glad I decided to take a leap of faith and get it (can't go wrong with Sephora's return policy). I tried it last night for the first time and let me tell you...it is a dream. I have normal/combination skin that is acne prone. Pores a bit on the large side. It went on like silk and my skin felt...and looked...like butter! It covered beautifully (I would call it medium coverage on the first pass which can be easily layered for full coverage). Granted, I only wore it last evening, so I still can't comment on the staying power. I will update if need be. COLOR CHOICE: I am a MAC NW20 and shade 02 Beige Claire is a dead ringer. Yay! TO APPLY: Shake the bottle well - but don't make the same mistake I did! I removed the cap (it is a pump bottle) and was shaking it like crazy without looking. Well...this stuff is so light in texture, it splattered all over the walls and my shirt. Ugh. So...definitely shake with the big cap ON. Also, I wasn't sure if a sponge, brush, or fingers would work the best with this, so I just used my fingers. I will try other application methods and update if I find a better one. I used my trusting NARS loose powder over this and it looked incredible. BOTTOM LINE: If you are a foundation junkie like me, try it...you will not be disappointed! However, I will say that it is probably best suited for less oily types...if you are really oily, I am not sure it would perform as well. Let us know!!!

UPDATE - 02/10/13:
Four years later and this stuff is still my holy grail. I have strayed a few times over the years just to try new things, but keep coming back to this. A close 2nd that I have tried recently is Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup. While that stuff is great and there are things I actually like better about it (smell, finish), it just doesn't have the coverage that my Guerlain has. I tend to use the Chanel on the rare "perfect" skin days when I don't need as much coverage and the Guerlain all other days.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been given a sample of this foundation last weekend. I was matched to the lightest available shade which should be ivory 02 - I guess (as I was given a "custom made" small jar I cannot remember what the SA wrote on the bottom).
This foundation is very good.
It gives a full coverage but still does not appear cakey or as a mask.
I need full coverage in foundation due to my melasma, and few foundations perform to that extent (EL Double wear is one of those, but it is a bit on the heavy side).
Parure Extrème is also very good in covering and is long lasting - the SA said you can swim with this on and it will not melt... not quite sure about that, and I am not gonna try.
The finish is light & smooth on your skin, in the sense that you do not really feel an heavy coat on your face; and this is very good.
What I have to complain about is the staying power and the oil balancing: to me it did not last more than 4 hours before being oily in my T-zone. Well, nothing tragic, as it could be with a little blotting and powdering.
However I would have expected a longer control of the oil sides, as we are in autumn here it is not hot and my T-zone is perfectly manageable in this season.
Therefore 4 lippies instead of 5.
But it's a very good one (please skip Parue Aqua, these two are not even belonging to the same famlily tree!), although a bit on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by BlissBubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best foundation ever.
I knew instantly when i felt it's texture and saw waterproof on the label- this is unlike any other foundation i have ever used.
Not only is it a dream to apply but it is like a second skin and one of the rare brands in which i found my perfect match!
The price tag is high but for the benefits and the massive bottle which could well last you a year, it's worth it for beautiful skin.
Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this product was sort of like "Meh, it's like Double Wear Light...", however being the foundation addict that I am I just had to try it and this is so much better, first the texture is so easier to blend than DWL and far more luminous (don't get me wrong, DWL is a great foundation), it lasted the promised eight hours without any oxidation, slipping or adulteration of product, texture or finish. I looked dewy but not greasy.

I applied it with with my trusty 187 brush and it looked (and felt divine), it comes in a sumptuous bottle with a pump dispenser with your standard 30ml (1 oz.) size.

It is expensive, but I'm oily and acne prone so product satisfaction and no break-outs take precedence before price. If you want a not so expensive option, try Estée Lauder's Double Wear Light which also performs fairly well, although I do think that Parure is better plus it has a higher SPF rating.

Edit - Oxidized a lot, so I changed the rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by osijek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best foundation I ever had!! Perfect!! I would buy again! I try parure aqua but it is too bad...Extreme is great believe me. :)