November 22, 2014 | 2041 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by patricia_k

I had been using Diorshow and absolutely loved it so i decided to try this one. Iconic is nowhere near as good as the original, it did build up nice volume, but i found it clumpy and really spidery looking. I ended up having to throw it out as the bristles on the brush seemed to kinda flatten so in the end i had no way of even putting my mascara on properly! Did this happen to anyone else??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

The selling point for me with DiorShow Iconic was that it claims to curl. Heck, I will take a gentle lift, that's all I ask for! Unfortunately, Iconic didn't even deliver a tiny bit of that. In other aspects it's a great mascara - separates and defines, doesn't clump, gives lots of length and decent volume, gorgeous luxe packaging. However, I can achieve the same with several drugstore mascaras (my favourites being Full n Soft and Glam Eyes). At this price, it would only be worth it if I could skip the eyelash curler, and that's not happening. Otherwise, great all-around mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by MIssMochaFrap

HG product to the fullest. I LOVE this mascara. I originally purchased it when my regular mascara [ which was Estee Lauder Double Wear ] ran out and this one was brand new to the Dior family.

It really does curl BUT it takes time. I've found that when you get slowly go up from root to tip and wiggle slightly to seperate, it curls to an extent. [ which depends on the true length of you lashes ]

The price sucks lol. I mean, when I told my mom how much I paid, she wanted to kill me, but I think she understands how much it does now... I think.

Nonetheless, this does what it does, doesn't make lashes feel heavy or clumpy and makes it stand out beautifully. If the price was the same as say, my Estee Lauder one, I'd like this a bit more. But not that much more [;

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by dawgsgirl21aic

This is my HG mascara. I have used a ton of different mascaras but this is the only one that has never flaked or smudged and I live in a humid area. The only complaint I have is that is kind of hard to remove. For reference I like Supernova and dislike Lancome mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by debscar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

For those of you who love this, take note. I've been using this for over a year and I LOVED it at first too. Beautiful long and curled lashes!!! Just what it says. HOWEVER, after months of use I noticed my lashes falling out and what was left was brittle and thin. It was the mascara. Hard to take off and very dry. It's almost like waterproof mascara which I never use for the simple reason of how hard it is to take off. Trust me, after using it for awhile you too will not consider it so great. I'll stick to something a little easier to remove!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

I finally took a chance with the Iconic (I usually buy the regular Diorshow). Diorshow Iconic comes in a silver tube and is the same size as the original Diorshow. Quite large! The wand is made of rubber.
The salesperson said the difference was that this one is a dry mascara and the original is a wet mascara. I liked the original and I like Iconic. I don't think it does anything to curl my lashes, but when using a lash curler beforehand and then the mascara, my lashes stay curled all day. I definitely get fuller, thicker, longer lashes with this mascara. The only thing I don't like is that my lashes feel a bit sticky when using it.

It is an expensive mascara, and I still think Max Factor Masterpiece Max is a good and cheaper alternative. But I'll probably buy this mascara again because it never fails to deliver and is one of the best out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by fireflychic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This one didn't work for me at all. It was super wet and made my lashes look spidery. Also gave me racoon eyes and makes my lashes feel so heavy as well. Didn't do anything it was suppose to do. I'm glad it worked for some of you though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by crass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried about 30 different mascara's and this is hands down the BEST I've ever had. Although it is more on the pricey side, it's def. worth it!
Love <3 It!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by volyund

This mascara did exactly what I expected it to do. It coated each lash uniformly, did not clump, and separated my lashes. It did not give dramatic volume or length, but that's not what I wanted it to do. This mascara gives better-than-natural everyday look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best mascaras i've ever used, i already have quite long lashes so i find thickening mascaras, like ysl's false lash effect to be abit too much!

This mascara made my lashes look amazing but i found it difficult to remove even using eye makeup remover, which meant my eye lashes would fall out when i'd try to remove it all !! which then obviously meant my eyelashes wernt as full looking.....

so i stick with estee lauders sumptuous mascara as its almost as good as diors iconic but much easier to remove!