February 1, 2015 | 1939 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I'm with 'bootsonbarelegs' on this one. I bought the black one and it still isn't dark enough or gives enough volume, plus, it's a pain to remove it. I tried to remove it with Chanel's Biphase eye makeup remover, and I still had racoon eyes when I washed my face after. Not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by bootsonbarelegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in brown, by mistake, this happens from time to time and I try to make the best of it. A warning, look at the color you're buying! Anyway, this is a good mascara for a "natural" look, especially for me, because I have it in brown, however, the natural mascara look is something I've never been able to understand, why buy mascara in the first place if all you want is a "natural" look, BORING! I believe that eyelashes are one of the few makeup steps in your routine you can't overdo, lashes can't be TOO long, or TOO full, its just ridiculous, so when I look for a mascara, I'd want it to deliver in the best way possible, I don't want to settle for some average lashes, especially for 30+$$. Overall, I've been pretty unimpressed with all the Diorshows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am always looking for a better mascara and I get tempted to try out many. I read good reviews here and decided to give it a shot. I find this mascara alright. Does an okay job at lengthening, nothing for volume, and it defines your lashes. You basically can't clump your lashes unless you put on a dozen coats of this stuff. If you use it for your bottom lashes, be prepared for raccoon eyes. This is a decent mascara if you're looking for the natural look. I am not going to purchase it again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by patricia_k

I had been using Diorshow and absolutely loved it so i decided to try this one. Iconic is nowhere near as good as the original, it did build up nice volume, but i found it clumpy and really spidery looking. I ended up having to throw it out as the bristles on the brush seemed to kinda flatten so in the end i had no way of even putting my mascara on properly! Did this happen to anyone else??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

The selling point for me with DiorShow Iconic was that it claims to curl. Heck, I will take a gentle lift, that's all I ask for! Unfortunately, Iconic didn't even deliver a tiny bit of that. In other aspects it's a great mascara - separates and defines, doesn't clump, gives lots of length and decent volume, gorgeous luxe packaging. However, I can achieve the same with several drugstore mascaras (my favourites being Full n Soft and Glam Eyes). At this price, it would only be worth it if I could skip the eyelash curler, and that's not happening. Otherwise, great all-around mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by MIssMochaFrap

HG product to the fullest. I LOVE this mascara. I originally purchased it when my regular mascara [ which was Estee Lauder Double Wear ] ran out and this one was brand new to the Dior family.

It really does curl BUT it takes time. I've found that when you get slowly go up from root to tip and wiggle slightly to seperate, it curls to an extent. [ which depends on the true length of you lashes ]

The price sucks lol. I mean, when I told my mom how much I paid, she wanted to kill me, but I think she understands how much it does now... I think.

Nonetheless, this does what it does, doesn't make lashes feel heavy or clumpy and makes it stand out beautifully. If the price was the same as say, my Estee Lauder one, I'd like this a bit more. But not that much more [;

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by dawgsgirl21aic

This is my HG mascara. I have used a ton of different mascaras but this is the only one that has never flaked or smudged and I live in a humid area. The only complaint I have is that is kind of hard to remove. For reference I like Supernova and dislike Lancome mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by debscar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

For those of you who love this, take note. I've been using this for over a year and I LOVED it at first too. Beautiful long and curled lashes!!! Just what it says. HOWEVER, after months of use I noticed my lashes falling out and what was left was brittle and thin. It was the mascara. Hard to take off and very dry. It's almost like waterproof mascara which I never use for the simple reason of how hard it is to take off. Trust me, after using it for awhile you too will not consider it so great. I'll stick to something a little easier to remove!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

I finally took a chance with the Iconic (I usually buy the regular Diorshow). Diorshow Iconic comes in a silver tube and is the same size as the original Diorshow. Quite large! The wand is made of rubber.
The salesperson said the difference was that this one is a dry mascara and the original is a wet mascara. I liked the original and I like Iconic. I don't think it does anything to curl my lashes, but when using a lash curler beforehand and then the mascara, my lashes stay curled all day. I definitely get fuller, thicker, longer lashes with this mascara. The only thing I don't like is that my lashes feel a bit sticky when using it.

It is an expensive mascara, and I still think Max Factor Masterpiece Max is a good and cheaper alternative. But I'll probably buy this mascara again because it never fails to deliver and is one of the best out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by fireflychic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This one didn't work for me at all. It was super wet and made my lashes look spidery. Also gave me racoon eyes and makes my lashes feel so heavy as well. Didn't do anything it was suppose to do. I'm glad it worked for some of you though.