October 20, 2014 | 1529 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by celticfaery

I like this lip balm! It has a great, smooth application consistancy. Smells divine. It is conditioning and long lasting. The color is a little too cherry red for my pale complexion, a little goes a loooong way. it looks awesome with some clear gloss layered over it. Also got the clear version which I love even more! plus the packaging is great, wasy to use, but also wont damage the balm as it twists down like a lipstick when not in use. very cool.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This gives the perfect tint of color on my lips and it is a good moisturizer. I don't find the color too overwhelming. The price is a steal at $2.99 and plus it was BOGOF, so I got it for $1.50! This is such a bargain and it is just as good or better than lip balms costing much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by victoriaroxursox

LOVE IT! It gives a really natural, pretty red stain to the lips and it isn't waxy like Chapstick. It's perfect for an everyday look, or you can layer it and it'll look dramatic for evenings, too. Great, cheap, pretty!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm a fan of Nivea lipbalms. i love Nivea Cherry & Hydrocare. in my country, it's called Nivea Lip Care star fruits in Cherry. first of all, it does moisturise my lips really well, not greasy or waxy. it gives a hint of glossy red color & made my lips look more pigmented. i like the packaging too. it's cute & the size is just nice. it's dirt cheap & easily available at any drugstores too. would i buy this again? yeah, i would.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by MissPark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love lip balm and usually have one floating around at work, in my purse, etc. I bought this because I love anything with cherries in it and it also provided a nice color. I like the packaging because the cap is big (I tend to drop the cap often cause I'm clumsy!) It's moisturizing and gives a great sheer red color. I do wear lipstick for work but I find myself skipping it often and just using this. I do, however, top it with gloss to make it shine a bit more. Overall, it's a great product for only $3.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice cherry scent but it didn't really last very long. And the color didn't show up on my lips. Better than nothing but no big whoop. I bought it in a set for $2 which included the regular (blue) version, and a cute little black and white bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by picklesrjuiceh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love how this looks on my lips! It seems to look more like a lip tint when I wear it, and it lasts like a lip tint too. In fact, it usually lasts a long time on me- I apply a little before working out, and when I finish, I still have 90% of that tint.
Also, you really have to only apply a little, because if you slather a lot of this on, you'll end up with bright clowny-looking lips. =/
I didn't notice any moisturization with this- I'm also not a big fan of the texture of this (I can't describe it- it's harder to rub my lips together when I wear this, and it doesnt hydrate them AT ALL). So when I do use it, I put another lip balm on top :)
I also despise the packaging of this; it's like a tube of a glue stick. Generally I HATE those gluestick-type tubes, so that is why I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It makes my lips look awesome, just the right amount of sheer red, smells good and actually moisturizes. So many "tinted balms" have dried my lips out in the past. For three dollars? I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by rozalina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this balm at my local rite aid, being drawn to the "sheer red tint" claim. unfortunately, if you're like me and you like to swipe your balms across your lips multiple times, this isnt for you. the only way i keep from looking like a clown with this on is by verrrry lightly gliding this across my bottom lip only.

and my lips become dry after a while, prompting me to use it again, which only makes me look more like a clown.

i'll keep it in place of lipstick for the summer (yes, it's THAT tinted).

EDIT: I lost this a while ago, but not before I decided that I did in fact like this balm! After I used it a bit more, the clown-like effect wore away (maybe it's just when you open it??) and it makes my lips look glossy and cherry-kissed!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by FlowerPunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This balm is okay, but I wouldn't buy them again. The packaging sucks--there's a little crevice around the actually lip balm stick, so after you twist it down after applying, all the excess that smeared to the side of the stick gets caught in the crevice. It's really gross and you can't really get it out.
It doesn't feel as moisturizing as Lip Smackers, and Lip Smackers aren't even that moisturizing. They feel really slippery on your lips, and slide everywhere. The only nice things I'll say about them is their smell (candy-like and fruity) and the color (quite good pigmentation for a balm.)
I haven't tried the Labello formula yet, so I can't really compare the two.