November 22, 2014 | 936 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Kimmay

This is a great mascara. Makes my lashes long, thick and no clumps.
The brush is awesome, it has a brush and comb mixed together.
The price is very expensive, however, I think it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by oxosurfangeloxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample in a market research study. I have to say, this mascara is awesome! It makes my lashes full and really long, with just the right amount of curl. I rotate about 5 different types of mascara and I love this one because I don't have to use primer, etc. The brush was a bit tricky at first, but once you get used to it, it goes on great! This also lasts me all day as well - no flaking or smudging!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lblasucci

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample from a friend. In trying to make a concerted effort to curb my spending, I put it aside. I couldn't take it anymore and broke down, (I only lasted about 24 hours). Anyway, I used it the first time without my Estee Lauder Eyelash Primer and liked it. (I was hoping that I wouldn't.) Then the next day I had to take it a step further and use it with my eyelash primer. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW! I have short thin eyelashes and this mascara adds a lot of volume and curl, and as a bonus it stays put. No flaking, smudging, clumping, and everything else we hate that some mascaras do. I just removed it after applying it 15 hours ago and it looks as good as it did at 6:00 a.m.. I will definitely be purchasing this mascara. So much for curbing my spending, but this is well worth it. Another great product by Chanel.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ppw16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Chanel Inimitable Mascara, and was led to believe this would be even better (by the sales assistant). I was so disappointed when I tried it. I've used it for two weeks and it just doesn't deliver the look I expect from any mascara, especially one this expensive. It's a bit clumpy and not at all lengthening. It's back to Inimitable for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

lovely:)))
when i tried i had not too high expectation as earlier i tried chanel mascaras and those were terrible..
but this is just good, although it takes to get use to the technique..
i rotate this and GA star lash for a while and it is just truly exceptionel :))
worth every penny:))

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of mascara for the most part because I haven't found one that absolutely does not clump, smudge, or flake. I would never spend this much money on a mascara, but I received a tube of this for free, so I gave it a try. I found the combination brush to be more complicated than I prefer but slightly less complicated to use than I expected. Unfortunately, the formula of this mascara is worse than some drugstore mascaras. It clumped, smudged, and flaked, and it did not have a single redeeming quality other than a very nice rich black color. I would not purchase this mascara.
Ingredients: water, paraffin, styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer, stearic acid, palmitic acid, beeswax, acacia senegal gum extract, carnauba wax, triethanolamine, vp/hexadecene copolymer, ethylene/va copolymer, hydroxyethylcellulose, cellulose, aminomethyl propanediol, phenoxyethanol, silica, butylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, polyquaternium-10, microcrystalline wax, sodium laureth-12 sulfate, synthetic wax, potassium sorbate, edta, dimethicone. May contain: carmine, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, chromium cyanide, manganese violet, titanium dioxide, mica. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a big fan of these combination comb/brush type wand mascaras, but this is one of the few exceptions :) The formula is very lush and a deep black, it gives plenty of volume without looking clumpy and the comb side is good for definition. Sometimes I don't bother with the 'twirling' motion, and I still get great results. This mascara was definitely a pleasant surprise, I prefer this much more then the Inimitable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara! I normally use YSL faux cils because I like a dramatic look. However, faux cils tends to flake on me so that is why it isn't the perfect mascara. Plus, I have to comb out faux cils because it can get a little clumpy. Exceptionnel looks just as dramatic in volume and length as faux cils but with no clumping and no flakes! You just have to get the application technique right. This stuff makes me look like I have a ton of long, lush lashes. I just wish it wasn't so pricey...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by expatriot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really suprised with the negative reviews here about this product. For me this mascara really works. It lengths, volumises a bit (not massively) and most importantly there are no clumps at all. I put it on at 7 in the morning and it's fine until 6 in the evening. The application technique takes a little while to get used to (you rotate the brush to comb the lashes) but as someone who always combs lashes after putting on mascara to remove the clumps this product rocks because there is no need to do this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by hestels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I expected this mascara to wow me. But it didn't. It is good but I expected it to be better for Chanel.
When I get a new mascara it always takes a few weeks before it's at it's best for me. So when I first used this I was more disappointed than I am now.

I do get quite a good length and good volume at the roots from this but I expected more length.

I love the brush and the package. It picks up a good amount of mascara for me and I love the comb. I usually hate combs but this one works for me, I usually have a problem with seperating my lashes but this one works.
The package also stays clean.