October 26, 2014 | 929 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SophieLoves

I like this product. It was a bit clumpy but overall I like it. The way it looks is really cool as well I love the purple and yellow. So yeah this is a pretty good mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I find this mascara hard to work with. It gets clumpy quite easily and makes my naturally full and curly lashes stick together in a spidery way. I have to quickly come back with a clean spooly to "comb" and "clean" the mess it leaves. BUT, it does give me volume and drama when that's what I'm going for, I just have to be patient on application. Many people mention the smell of roses, I love that!, but if you're sensitive to smells...
I won't repurchase, there are too many good drugstore mascaras out there for me to try out first.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by LNguyen97

I usually don't repurchase items because I like to try different things but I've already repurchased this mascara and I plan to keep repurchasing it. This is definitely my HG mascara! It makes my short asian lashes look long and volumized. I absolutely love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by anacelia13

i loved this mascara in the beginning, but then after having it for a month or two, the love just died. something about this mascara changed and i dont really like it so much. its not the worst mascara ive ever tried, but it definitely wasnt the best. gotaa say, im a little disappointed with this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the mascara could have been better i hate the chemical smell of the mascara. i do not like the brush it is way too thick and it doesnt apply so well or give my lashes volume wont be buying this again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best mascara I have ever tried and I have tried so many of them including all the high end department store brands. This one is by far my favorite. It does everything I want in a mascara. It thickens, lengthens, holds a curl, doesn't flake or smudge and lasts all day. I finally found my HG mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
-inexpensive
-doesn't flake
-doesn't end up under my eyes
-dries quickly

CONS
-the scent (cloying rose smell)
-doesn't volumize
-doesn't lengthen
-clumps like mad!

I bought this on sale a few months ago and once I'd opened the package I knew this one was one to pass on.

First, I like scent and, if it's a nice scent, I don't mind scent in a product. Some mascaras stink and smell bad. Others don't smell like much at all. And some have scent added for some reason or another. This mascara? It seems that Maybelline has tried to cover up an otherwise not too offensive scent in this mascara with a heavy scent of what smells to me like old, dying roses. And it's not a scent that goes away. Every time I've worn it throughout the day I get whiffs of it and it's really off-putting for me. Maybe some people wouldn't notice it, and I do admit to being very aware of scents in general in my environment. I'm not scent-sensitive in terms of it being a health issue. But I know what I do and don't like in scents. And like this I do not.

Aside from my scent obsession with this product, it's overall mediocre at best. With several mascaras in my arsenal to compare this one to, I'd have to say it does what a mascara is supposed to do - coat your lashes with a product. And that's about it. It hardly volumizes at all. And it doesn't lengthen, but that's not what this masacara claims to do. All it does for me is clump. I think that's due to the thick old-style spoolie. With all the better silicone mascara brushes in the market in recent years, I really think the brush that comes with this mascara does it a disservice because it's crap at applying the product well.

To give it the credit it this mascara does deserve, at least it doesn't end up under my eyes by noon like Esssence's Crazy Extreme Mascara does every day. And at least it sticks to the lashes, unlike the Organic Wear formula offered by Physician's Formula. And it doesn't make my lashes look ultra spidery like NYX's Fly With Me does. It's also not hard to remove. On me, it doesn't flake. It's not super wet and it dries quite quickly, which adds to the clumping factor but also makes it easy to layer if you need it to do that.

The only way I would buy this mascara again is if I was traveling, lost or forgot my mascara, and had to buy another one for short-term use. It'll do the job of making my lashes look done-up enough to go out in public, but it's certainly nowhere near HG status.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by LyndsayLauren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have yet to find my HG mascara, but this comes pretty close. My lashes are on the shorter side, so I know that no mascara will make them look long. That being said, I go for volume. I use three coats of this & get the look I want. It does flake a little & smudge in the outer corner of my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by colleencormier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is too clumpy. It always flakes and it hard to get off your lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by madeleineb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favourite mascara of all time. I have tried more expensive brands but am always disappointed and end up coming back :) I find, with a few layers, it adds the perfect amount of volume and length without too much clumping. The brush is perfect for covering and separating each lash, I know this because I tried the 'Cat Eyes' version, which is the same formula but with a different brush, and it made my lashes very clumped. The only downside for me would be that it dries up quite quickly in the tube so I have to replace the mascara before the product has necessarily run out. Other than that, perfection!