LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 5/4/2006 9:46:00 AM

The reviews on this got me to buy this and Alkmaar soap online. When I opened it, I thought the scent was nauseating! I wondered why so many people liked this stuff. I decided to use it anyway, just to give it a chance. I'm so glad I did! I love the scent and the gorgeous feel of this luxurious powder! It's a completely frivolous product (who ever really NEEDS a dusting powder?), but that's half the fun! As mentioned in other reviews, the packaging sucks. I put mine into a small tin and bought a puff. At night, I dust myself silly all over (about 10 times!) and go to bed smelling AMAZING.

on 4/21/2006 11:37:00 AM

I love this powder! Yes, the packaging truly sucks beyond belief. I am really disapointed that anyone would put a product in a crappy container like this. Even when closed, the powder flies all over the place if you turn the container upside down. Its really ridiculous. But, onto the good stuff! This powder smells *wonderful*. Very clean, very feminine. I use a huge powder puff to put this on. After I get out of the shower at night, I lay down and shake some of this powder on me and then start rubbing it in with the powder puff. I can feel all of the coco butter bits melt and when I am done my skin is so soft, nicely fragranced and just feels great! I will certainly repurchase this if I ever run out!

on 4/14/2006 12:37:00 AM

Not the best talcum like product I have ever used. It is ok. But the package is awful. Hard to open, hard to turn the lid. really bad. The talc is ok, but th dry feeling you get is not long lasting.
I will use this till it is gone, but not buy more. The fragrance is ok.

on 4/13/2006 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

the packaging is CRAP, but i love this! i use this as a sort of novelty product and dust it aorund areas of my body that tend to sweat (underarms, thighs) or just wherever i want a fresh, clean feeling. i dusted some on my sheets last night and it felt SO NICE. the scent of this is a lovely jasmine with a hint of vanilla. very calming and girly--reminds me of victorian era days. i do, however have complaints with the packaging. even when it's closed, powder leaks all over the place. handle with caution! at 8.95 USD this is a pretty good price for LUSH!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yum! Until I bought this yesterday I thought there was no hope for staying fresh feeling in the New Orleans humidity. This powder smells great and prevents that sticky gross feeling of hot summer days. I can't wait to wear it under my suits all summer when the temperature really starts to heat up. One of the few life-changing products out there. This stuff makes me feel happy and clean all day. Its endurance will be put to the test tonight in the French Quarter so I'll report back if it can't hold up!

The packaging is perhaps a little awkward but it doesn't really bother me.

on 3/17/2006 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the scent of this product and the silky way it leaves my skin. I agree with the other reviewers and that this should come with a powder puff for easier application. Otherwise what a great product :)

on 3/11/2006 10:55:00 PM

Very luxurious dusting powder, with a bad package! Hard to close & open for the first time, and it kind of spills out easy. However, the product is great: nice and moisturizing powder with a nice fragrance. I'll repurchase :)

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Love this powder-very moisturizing. use after shower and clothes slide on easily. Lush needs to improve the packaging on this-like maybe have it come with an applicator puff or something. a lot gets wasted because when you try to apply it gets all over the place.Great scent tho and no sparkle. will repurchase.

on 2/16/2006 4:13:00 PM

Before discovering Silky Underwear on LUSH's website, I didn't realize that people still made or used dusting powder. I grabbed this on a whim, but the lovely scent and moisturizing bits of cocoa butter have made it a staple in my morning routine. While I detest the packaging both for aesthetic and practical reasons (read: ugly and never fully closes), it's a small price to pay for a great product.

on 2/6/2006 5:45:00 PM

love this! i had no experience with dusting powders but after reading so many rave reviews, i gave it a try. i didn't love the scent at first, but it grew on me VERY quickly...now i use it all the time, even when i'm just walking by the bathroom i've gone in and sprinkled some on. it does make my skin feel nice, but i think i need a tiiiiny bit more moisture, so i'm going to try using some vitamin e oil before i put this on tonight and see how it goes. the packaging does kind of suck, but it's do-able for me. try this out!

Top Rated LUSH Products