October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just got this a couple weeks ago. It is absolutely sublime. Texture, pigmentation and ease of blending....awesome. It is difficult for me to find foundation shade that is pale enough for me but not pink or peach.....I have strong yellow undertone and 117 matches beautifully.

I can see that oily skin would not take to this foundation. My nose is a bit oily and I use NYX Pore Filler prior to applying foundation and it is helpful.

I think that this foundation would be a slamdunk for mature skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Andreasylvester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this foundation this past week. I have moderately oily skin and that's why I was on the look out for a new foundation. I was previously using revlon color stay which is an overall great foundation but I found that I was still too oily even with a primer. First of all, let me say that I used this foundation for the first with the smash box photo finish light primer. I can honestly say I have never been so oily in my entire life. After only three hours I was completely drenched in oil and the makeup was coming off my face when I touched it. At first I thought it was because of the primer so the next day I wore the foundation on its own. I still became unbelievably oily after three hours. The finish once you first put it on your skin is matte which is what I was looking for and I would say that this is medium coverage but definitely builds me. I also thought that it took quite a bit of it to cover my entire face. Overall I do not think this is for someone with oily skin. I looked more oily than I did in the summer with a tinted moisturizer which I just do not understand how that is possible. I'm not nearly as oily in the winter so to see that happen was definitely a disappointment. I will be returning both the primer and foundation. This is definitely not for people with oily skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation for events where I know my face is going to end up on camera whether I like it or not. The coverage is medium and buildable to full. It does a fantastic job of blurring out lines and imperfections. My acne scars are practically invisible with this on. It doesn't have SPF so it's VERY flash-friendly. It's the only foundation I can count on to not get that dreaded ghost-face.

While I love the photographic results of this foundation, I don't love it for my very oily skin. It doesn't get cakey, but it's very slippery feeling and I get shiny very quickly. I apply it with a buffing brush (Sigma F80, Real Techniques buffing brush, or Real Techniques expert face brush) and always set with some type of powder. It's not a foundation that I would wear on a daily basis.

It does sort of blank out your face after application. It's not matte by any means; it leaves a satiny finish. But you lose a lot of the definition from various shadows and discolorations that are naturally in your face so I always do the whole make-up shebang with blush, contour, bronzer, and highlight. Not that I wouldn't anyway since I use this for events -- a heavier hand with make up stands out much better on camera.

It's rather pricey, I believe at $42, but there's a great shade range. I use shade 120, which is a very good match for my very yellow NC25 skin. The packaging is perfect since it comes in a clear bottle with a pump and cap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by daniella

This is a great foundation, although it is very expensive. However, a little goes a long way, especially for me and one bottle lasts a long time. I've repurchased this at least twice now, I believe and probably will again. It does NOT make me break out and I'm very happy it has no sunscreen in it. Hopefully this will not be discontinued. Use a sponge with this to apply for the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

I cant comment on the packaging because i only have a sample of this so far.
The color i got was 145, which was the right shade but wrong undertone. But when i applied it it didnt look that bad. The finish on the other hand , was flawless. It looked almost airbrushed. I should add here, that i didnt even take time to blend it-i just stippled it on and it sort of melted into my skin-this is probably more due to the liquid consistency rather than whats in the foundation. Over all, it is a fabulous foundation. It does photograph very well.
I wrote 'yes' to buying it again, but i am not so sure only because of the price. Yes, it is way better than and cheaper than some other high end makeup,but if there is anything cheaper that works,i will take it.
So for all those of you who dont break out with mac SFF,or perhaps own it already,try this:equal amounts of SFF and primer(i use monistat chafing gel), and then
stipple it on lightly. That is EXACTLY the coverage and finish i get from MUFE. Again, i dont get photographed often so i am not sure if this gives the same results on camera, but in person it appears exactly the same.

UPDATE: Got this in 127, and it was the best thing i did for my face. covers everything, and i use less than a pump with a stipple brush. looks airbrushed, and stays all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't like this one whatsoever! It looks dry and flat even when I use a moisturizer. I couldn't wait to take this off at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is not for oily people! sheesh. if you have dry skin, this is a good shot for you. It cakes for some because they're OILY and the foundation itself is already oily. Personally it isn't fair enough for me in the lightest shade but with some ManicPanic Dreamtone in Virgin (white) mixed in, it gives me a perfect shade. Photos are okay but I personally didn't buy this to take pictures of myself. If you find it too oily, I personally mix it with Kat Von D's Lock It foundation in the lightest shade and the matte in that plus the dew in MUFE HD seem to do the trick for me. and a great combo for full coverage! As for the price, that's probably the only reason I wouldn't buy it again. I can't afford it and I have family who could use it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lamicl13

This is the only foundation I've found that works with my pink undertones. The color for me is great. The formula is nice and lightweight, though I also usually dilute it with some moisturizer (full coverage looks really unnatural on me since I have freckles). Pretty expensive though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely not worth 40 dollars. This is the only foundation I've had that transfers so easily! I get it on my phone , it's stained my white jacket and if people lean in to give me a hug and I get my face on their shirt it transfers to that also! It's also transferred on my head bands too :( . I have really oily skin but when I wear this it makes my skin look super dry it clings to any dry patches I have and cakes in the creases of my nose and around my eyebrows. It also wears off easily during the day. If a couple hours after I apply it I take my finger and run it across my forehead all the product comes off. Terrible product and way over hyped. I've honestly had drugstore foundations that work better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Shodges87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. It is very hard for me to find foundation that works for me. I used to use a chanel foundation that has since been discontinued, then found a Dior product that worked for me but I didn't feel it was perfect, then a coworker recommended this to me. I have extremely pale skin (I wear N115 of this product) and my skin is very dry because of medication I take. I usually use a moisturizer before I put it on, at least on my cheeks, and I apply it with my fingers. Doesn't look like a mask and I feel like it gives my skin a flawless look with a nice glow. It might not be good for everyone but for me it's the best I've found. Been using it for a while now and I'm very pleased with it.