December 19, 2014 | 1566 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by recycle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not a fan of foundation in general. I hate how it clogs pores, looks obvious, and hides the natural radiance and texture of skin. That being said, as I get older, I notice I'm needing to cover areas on my face that are starting to get a little blotchy. On a whim, I took home a sample of this foundation that a nice Shu Uemura gal made up for me at Nordstroms. The foundation has a seemless silky application, does NOT settle into lines or pores making them look worse. In fact, quite the opposite. My skin looks finished, perfected and not obvious that I've got make up on at all. The coverage is natural, but adjustable. Which is perfect for what I'm looking for. I have combo skin with sensitive/break out tendancies, and this foundation does not irrate or b/o my skin at all. I'm so very impressed with this product and will most def. be buying this again and again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by randeekagan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of MUA. I read reviews on EVERYTHING. Never have been inspired to write a review cause I am usually let down by almost all products. However, this foundation is amazing. I was wearing Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk, and decided to go back to Shu Uemura. This foundation makes even the worst skin look flawless. Everything looks smooth and gives a gorgeous glow without an oily dewy look. It also does not make wrinkles look worse which was mu biggest problem. It actually makes your wrinkles almost vanish! GO GET THIS AND TRY IT!!! Its amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by mlin00

So about reading the comments on the coverage of this product i have to say you just need to "adjust" that issue by adding more foundation. I have to say IMO this is the best foundation i have used, ive used them all and before this I was with almays clear complexion foundation which was okay good coverage, but it made me flaky and cakey! This foundation is 4x the price of drugstore foundation, but let me tell you it's making my skin better with wear! I absolutely love this foundation it goes on silky smooth with great coverage and light wear. It's a must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had good skin all my life and just within the past few years I have developed some pigmentation issues, and so now I feel that I need to wear something. Yet I still want my skin to be as healthy as possible. For someone like me, this product is the best. First of all, the shade range is generous, and you are likely to find a match. Secondly, the texture is very light. It applies like a dream, and it just looks like skin. It has never looked at all heavy, cakey or shiny. I find myself looking in the mirror and really believing that I am 30 again! Third, the coverage is good enough for someone who has fairly good skin but just needs a little help. Finally (and most importantly), this does not clog my pores or make my skin feel dry as some other foundations do. I do not have to worry about using this product daily. The foundations are the best products in the Shu Uemura line. I recommend this for ladies who want to look naturall but better, and who don't need a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those foundations that you would love to have forever! In my opinion, this is best I've tried, and believe me, I have tried A LOT!
The only inconvenient is that it has only 27ml so I guess it won't last that much when used every day.
It has 60% of sea water which moisturizes the face and what I really really love is that my face does not become oily during the day.
Another plus is : NO breakouts here.
What can you ask for more?
For reference , I am NC15 in MAC and the shade 954 suits me just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

Fantastic coverage - I dont feel like I am wearing a mask AND I feel like a porcelain doll!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 4:12:00 AM More reviews by dalittlegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this in a Shu Uemura make-up class.
it made my skin pretty!! :)
love the color, texture... everything!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Mollster

The search is over! This has achieved HG status. It goes on so smoothly, completely blendable without looking cakey. Makes my skin look flawless. Doesn't break me out or cause irritation for my sensitive skin. I love the packaging...the pump style is sanitary. Love, love, love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive been through a lot of false omg it matches foundations. Prior to this I had used Cargo 40 (not enough yellow), revlon golden beige (too beige/pink) and mac nc 25 (too peachy). But they were only ok.

Shu 964 IS a tad lighter than my current skin tone - HOWEVER - it has the best undertone match so far. Not too yellow, but definitely not pink.

It basically matches my skintone if it werent touched by the sun (tested it on upper thigh) so I add a drop of armani fluid sheer in #3 golden bronze or #14 in apricot to the foundation and blend in. Its really good and then top off with MAC mineralize bronzer in ceylon. Very happy with the result.

One word though it is not great with dry skin - definitely premoisturize or remove flakes. Great with oily skin. But this is not mean to cover up blemishes - just even out your skin tone. It has a great natural finish. You will never look made up as long as you choose right color. Revlon colorstay is still best for covering up acne on oily skin - but the shade is still off if useable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by maigrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to one of the only two Shu dealers in Canada (Holt Renfrew in Yorkdale Mall in Toronto) today. The SA Jessica was really good at picking a color for me. It was amazing. I looked in the mirror and saw that my face was the color of the skin on my neck (not the orange-y color it's coming out as most days due to some redness in my face).

She put it on a little heavier than is my personal preference but on places where my skin was good, it looked excellent. A *warning* for those with dry skin though, as good as this foundation is, up close you can still see the cracks in the skin and the places where the dead skin is flaking a little. So my forehead, at about 1 foot from the mirror, was still noticeably flake-y. I didn't really do much priming this morning though, and that might account for some of it. If I had scrubbed or used extra moisturizer or maybe a primer, it probably would've turned out even better.

As it was, it held on even without powder for many hours (the SA was reluctant to set it as it would make my skin seem even drier) but the foundation on my cheeks/nose barely looked like foundation - it settled into my skin beautifully. So if you have non-dry skin and do well with liquid foundation (and especially if you have yellow tones in your skin), I'd definitely suggest giving this a look. Will update once I've pumped moisture back into my skin.