October 21, 2014 | 1194 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by alwayysbluee

This lightened up my dark circles nicely! It did its job perfectly. However, I do not like the fact it comes in a pot. In my opinion it's a little unsanitary. Even though it comes with a scoop, I don't like using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by inthiscity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have a mini of this from a Benefit value kit, I would repurchase in another kit but not alone at full price. I say that because, while I like this, I can not actually use it on it's own. It really doesn't last, takes quite a bit to cover and is far too peachy. However, if I use this as more of an under-eye color corrector thinly applied over a waterproof (Lancome) concealer it works/lasts pretty well that way. If it were more inexpensive I would purchase it on it's own, as is I'll use up what I have.

eta: the more I use this, the more I like it. Although, it's definitely too creamy for summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by paleobeauty

I've tried a buzzilion concealers for my dark, hereditary undereye circles. Was so exicted to try this one after reading all the hype and from a recommendation from a friend. Well, the search continues. It was WAY to cakey and made me look older. NOT GOOD. Honest to goodness...the best one I've found so far has been Cover Girl / Olay "Simply Ageless" concealer in the shade "corrector". Shocking, I know, because it's so cheap...but it's honestly the best I've found so far. I keep looking though, because it just CAN'T be the best....(right?) lol

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by silverlinkss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

terrible. hate this. so much. so much hatred. heres why.

it creases like no concealer i've ever used. even with a tiny amount applied it settles into my fine lines and makes them pop. and i'm only 18! it's orange, which i know is supposed to cancel out purple/blue circles under the eyes, which did a good job at that, but if you get this stuff anywhere else besides the dark undereye circles, it will show up orange or pink on your skin and will not blend in. returned this immediately. seriously it creases so much. i even used a 360 eye primer and it still creased like crazy

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by melliemelmel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too thick and pasty. Way too hard to blend. I felt like I was giving myself more wrinkles when I'd try to apply it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received Erase Paste in the "Finding Mr. Bright" BeneFit value kit. I wanted to try some of BeneFit's products, but not have to invest a lot of money.

I didn't think I'd be able to use the Erase Paste sample for anything other than testing out its consistency and to see whether it cakes, because the sample included in the kit is "medium," and usually in concealers I buy the lightest shade. Who knew I was doing it all wrong? The medium is the perfect shade, but I was used to buying beige-y concealers, not salmon-y tinted products like this.

Several years ago, I was involved in a bad car accident, and my face took the brunt of the impact on the steering wheel. The plastic surgeon who reconstructed my face decided to do me a "favor" and performed an under-eye life (which I didn't need) and removed the fat pads from under my eyes. Eight months later, when the swelling had completely subsided, I was left with deep hollows under both eyes. Nice.

Nothing I have found will completely conceal these dark hollows. But the Erase Paste does a better job than anything else I've tried. I think the salmon color combined with the slight iridescence minimizes the appearance of these dark hollows quite well. However, because of the light-reflecting properties of the Erase Paste it shouldn't be used for anything but under-eye concealing (such as blemishes), unless you want to call attention to the area.

Those who say the product cakes are probably using far too much. The jar I received in the value kit is TINY....yet, after two weeks of almost daily use, I've barely made a dent in it. I use a very small concealer brush, dip in just the tip of the bristles, and apply the product down the center of those dark hollows. I then use a fingertip to gently tap it in, which spreads it out so that the entire indentation is covered. When applied minimally, to just the area needing to be concealed, Erase Paste doesn't cake and does a very good job.

When I use up my trial-sized jar (which may be awhile!, I do plan to purchase the full size product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by foofyfoof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite concealers! I have dark circles under my eyes sometimes and I need a great concealer to cover them. This one does the trick. It doesn't crack or dry out or anything. It lasts until I wash my face and it definitely works to cover small unwanted blemishes that pop out of nowhere on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great for undereye circles - doesnt crease and is moisturizing which prevents that under eye dryness from showing off lines!

This stuff is amazing and will cover anything! Does not irritate my super sensitive skin either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pritha

UPDATE: I still like this concealer but it kinda dissipates and disappears by the end of the day..I'm going to have to downgrade my rating (sadface).

Just picked this concealer up at Sephora because my under eyes can no longer handle the dryness of the MAC pro longwear concealer. The MAC one really doesn't correct any of my dark circles anyway. I've been experimenting with different ways to apply this Benefit concealer and I've discovered the MAC 224 brush or the MAC 188 brush are the best ways. You really use a small amount of product but buffing it in definitely helps maximize the usage of the product.

I like that its moisturizing and is correcting the darkness under my eyes and brightens my skin. I apply Laura Mercier's secret brightening powder underneath and voila..I look well rested! If you're having trouble with this product, try using a fluffy brush like the ones I mentioned above - it really does help. As always, wear eye cream and let it absorb, that goes a long way too. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i'm nw10 with a very dark darkcircle.. so i need to be so dark peachy color to cover my dark circle.. i dont mind if its going too dark for my skin.. i use it under my mac studio finish concealer in nw20 mix with hard candy camouflage in fair.. and it's just going so good.. it's cover up my dark circle, do not crease and match also brighten my under eye area..

i use urban decay eyeshadow primer potion before start using this corrector..

and set it with my powder.. (local brand on my country)

love it..
but the cons its the packaging, i wish benefit would give a bigger mouth of the jar lol