October 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting this brush for over a year, and finally talked myself into buying it (I've been unemployed a lot, and haven't been making superfluous purchases). I finally did last week, and I'm kind of let down. It's almost too dense. It is really soft, but I find that it absorbs product and bleeds a bit when I wash it. I prefer my similar ELF flat-top brush, which was only $3. I'll be putting this up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by greenlima

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so nice to handle, to maneuver. clever design of the handle as well as the hairs. i love smart designs. nice black look too. whoever designed this is the paco underhill of makeup brush designers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this brush to apply liquid foundation and it works very well. It gives me very even and excellent coverage. The brush itself is also of excellent quality. I have experienced no shedding! Just be sure to clean it well and leave plenty of time to dry.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this brush! I generally use a blending sponge for my foundations, but I wanted to try a brush in hopes of using less product and getting better coverage. Sonia Kashuk brushes are absolutely incredible. This flat-top is so incredibly soft and dense! I use no more than a pea-sized drop of my Revlon Colorstay and it gives me full coverage for my entire face. It's so much easier to use than the blending sponge (especially around my monroe piercing) and the foundation doesn't sink down into the brushes. I wish I would have purchased this a long time ago. My foundations are going to last so much longer now. This brush is lovely and I almost can't believe that it was at Target for only $15. I'll take Sonia Kashuk bargain buys over MAC splurges any day of the week.

Edit: Applies foundation a little too heavy for the spring/summer, but works amazingly for highlighting my cheekbones and contouring! Definitely multipurpose and earning its 5 lippies every day :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I purchased this on Friday after my experiment w/ blending mousse foundation w/ Japonesque Travel Stippling Brush was a total fail (see my review).

I am SOOO spoiled by my supersoft brushes already in my possession: EM, Ecotools, Sonia Kashuk. I simply cannot tolerate scratchy brushes on my sensitive skin. I needed a brush to blend my non-powder foundation and since I have had wonderful luck w/ other SK brushes, I decided to try this - even before I read the reviews here.

BACKGROUND: I am a die-hard EM mu fan, but after 2-3 years of this, I felt the need to experiment and w/ my skin being xtra dry this winter - figured what the heck - lets play a bit. After using nothing but mmu for so long, I figured there would be a learning curve going back to a non-powder foundation. Well, there is (as far as concealers and such) but as far as blending w/ a brush (something I would have NEVER have thought of prior to MUA), no learning curve w/ this brush. Its SOFT and just dense enough to blend my mousse foundation to give me great coverage and, dare I say, almost an air-brushed look??!!

Pleased it is easy to get at Target, not super expensive ($14.99).

Another winner by SK!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great multitasking brush!

It's a little small, but overall it's a great liquid foundation or cream blush brush for precise blending. It bristles are dense and soft. I love the handle, very ergonomic, but also Victorian and classy. Great bargain for $16.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I purchased the soft, synthetic flat top brush that is about $15 at Target. Kashuk has a cheaper line but not as soft. This brush is ideal for loose mineral makeup. If you very slowly stroke the powder on, very little will fly away as it does with the kabuki brushes where a swirling motion is recommended. The flat top brush is incredibly soft and if you only use powder makeup, it will not need washing very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by joslook

I bought this after seeing how highly recommended it was on MUA as well as other review sites. I wanted a good stippling brush to blend my foundation/tinted moisturizer for a natural look. This brush is great! It is soft and not one bristle has come out yet. It works wonderfully and enables you to only need to use a small amount of foundation at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

Once again, makeupalley did not let me down on this brush! It has become my favorite brush for liquid foundation. The size of the brush head is smaller than I had anticipated, but it applies like a dream! Best $15 ever spent, period! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by orchid78mx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love this brush!! I use this with liquid foundation, it is better than my sigma 180 in a lot of ways but they still both have my unconditional love! this one is smaller so it can reach smaller areas of your face, I usually just dot my liquid foundation all over my face and then I just pat making your brush pat into the skin. This gives a little bit more, fuller coverage. I will probably buy another one so when one is still drying I can have another one!