October 2, 2014 | 1103 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by H20girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Think I must be the only person in the MUA universe who did not like the Salux cloth. Found this to be way too harsh and scratchy for my skin. Tried using with no presure and with a thick moisture packed shower gel but this cloth just grated up my skin leaving it red, blotchy and anything but smooth. Was not good for my sensitive skin. Found it is good for scrubbing shower tiles so my $5 did not go to waste.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on eBay for about $6 and am generally please with it. I previously use a sort of loofah/washcloth I bought at Wal-Mart. While the loofah/washcloth thingamagig worked well for a while, I really wanted something that would exfoliate my skin in the shower and last.

I finally decided to get this after all the great reviews here and I agree with nearly everyone here - this is great! Not only is it huge, it's also very scratchy (for lack of a better word) and really gets the dead skin off. Pair this with a good body scrub and you're set. Even if you don't choose to use a scrub, this will work well with just about any soap or shower gel you choose because it actually lathers very well. I've had this for about five months now and it shows no signs of "dulling" or wearing out.

I don't say this often, but this is definitely an HG product for me. Cheap, effective and long lasting...simply awesome.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

I think it's pretty good. The strip of fabric which makes it easier to scrub hard to reach areas like you're back.

It does lather up soaps/gels quite well.

I wouldn't use it on my face because I have sensitive skin.

Leaves skin feeling thoroughly clean and feeling quite exfoliated like any other shower puff.

Price is reasonable and it eliminates the need to purchase a body scrub.

All in all, it does it's job. It's basically like any other shower puff. Nothing amazing, just makes showering a bit more conveniant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using these for years. It is a large rectangle shape which allows me to reach my back/shoulders. I use this is as scrunched up as a poof on a daily basis and have had no need to buy a body scrub because of it. This turns any body wash into an exfoliating treatment. When I apply body oil afterwards; it sinks right :)

These can be found in NYC for $3-4 and last ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I normally like to wait awhile before I write a review. Gives me time to fully test the product. I knew after the first use that I was in love with Salux.

I was able to find it at an Asian grocery store ($5.18 Canadian) and have been using it for a week.

The main reason I wanted the Salux was to help with ingrown hair on my legs that occured recently after trying an epilator. After one week the ingrowns have significantly improved

My body is a bit of a mess. I have super oily, acne prone skin (this means all over... back, chest, face). After a week of using Salux, my skin is super smooth and the acne is improving. The subborn blackheads that have been on my nose forever have almost dissappeared after only one week. I've never found a product that has been able to clear it up.

My skin is oily and acne prone (this means full body.. back, chest, shoulders, face). After the first use my skin was super smooth. Best exfoliator I have ever used hands down. It's helped with the texture of my skin as well as the acne which is starting to clear up.

Many have said in reviews that they would not use this on their face. I say that they are missing out! The best part of my experience with the Salux is that the blackheads on my nose are almost completely gone. I've had nose blackheads for years and have never found something that would get rid of it... so because of that I'm pretty amazed. Just be sure to use a gentle touch when using it on the face. Otherwise for the rest of my body I go to town and am pretty rough.

For those of you who do not yet have a Salux don't wait any longer. This will be one of the best purchase you will make.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best exfoliater ever. Super cheap too, I found mine at Sprouts for about $3. I use this before shaving and my skin feel sooooo soft, like baby kitten soft. Better than any loofah/washcloth/bath mitt/anything. Seriously, go get one. It can be a little rough at first, but I love the scratchy feeling personally. I haven't used it on my face as it's very sensitive, but for body it can't be beat. You also only need the tiiiniest amount of soap to get a huge amount of lather....all around a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great inexpensive small towel for exfoliating the body. Better than a loofah. A bit too harsh for the face, unless you have a very gentle touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Cherna11

Once again, thanks to the MUA ladies. Due to the highly positive reviews of the Salux washcloth I decided to finally buy one! When I first used it I thought “Omg, how am I gonna use this from now on? It hurts to use it! It feels like a brillo pad!” But after the FIRST use my skin felt soooo soft. I was convinced! After the third or fourth use my skin sensitivities were gone and the bumps on my knees (ingrown hairs from shaving) were gone! I had smooth knees and elbows and the bumps on back of my arms were gradually fading. Just for kicks I thought of going back to my shower pouf but it felt so weak compared to my awesome salux washcloth. It was like I was running a piece of seaweed across my body, compared to the really clean and invigorating feeling I get from using the salux. It really helps circulate the blood when you use the salux. Overall, I am SO happy with my salux and will never go back to the pouf!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave every one in my family one of these scrubby cloths for Christmas. I got them at a Japanese market and they were very cheap. I love them for both exfoliating and creating masses of suds with just a very little bit of soap or shower gel. It really helps to scrub the back. This is one of the top 3 or 4 beauty products I have discovered in the past few months. I love it for getting the dry skin off my legs so that moisturizing cream can do a better job. Tiny price tag, big payoff.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by momfox

Product is amazing. Your skin feels soft and silky. It feels harsh at first, but you get use to it. Results are unbelievable.