July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

This product is a beautiful neutral glow which looks amazing on cheekbones. It has little to no color which makes it perfect for a natural look. I also got pop diamond which is much more pigmented and works better as a blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After a long debate with myself i purchased it. FYI I 'm already a proud owner of the rose shimmer, :) as soon as i applied it first i knew it. I could trade all my highlighters for this one. Hands down, the best product out there. I don't even consider to try out other products since i've been using this one. PLZ do not discontinue it ever!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this product! I usually pair this with my Nars Deep Throat blush and it produces the most unbelievable, yet natural glow. It's not glittery, but shimmery. It's great if you're not a teenager and can't really pull off glitter on your face anymore. Yes, it's insanely expensive, but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by sophielondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been eyeing this up for weeks but couldn't bring myself to buy it...it's so expensive online (none of my nearby Dior counters have it at the moment, not sure if it's LE or not) and despite the enthusiastic reviews on here it is, ultimately, 'just' a bronzy/cream highlighter powder. I don't even dig highlighters too much - I like matte bronzers and blushers with a sheen and not too much shimmer. But in the end I caved and spent about 34 ($51 USD) ordering it from some site.
And I am SO GLAD that I did!! I opened the package and found it to be a lovely glossy blue compact with the Dior logo in white, that comes with a little dust bag too. Very nice. Opened it up and was definitely not wowed, it looks the same as all the pics on line and I just thought, 'The colours are not going to show up on my medium/tan skin, it will just look like shimmery powder and I'm going to hate it.' I tried it anyway...as you would spending that amount, I swept a small amount gently with a large MAC blush brush over my cheeks, on which I was already wearing a light foundation, a touch of coral blush and Nars Laguna as a contour. Looking in the mirror I thought it hadn't really done much, hardly showed, what a waste of money...then I stepped back and looked at my face carefully from about 2 ft away from the mirror. Wow! Ok this is the crappiest review ever as I don't know how to explain what it did...but somehow it just made my face look incredibly beautiful?! It sort of blended all the colours I was already wearing together, without making them look blended and flat..somehow making them look multidimensional which made my face look fuller and very, very smooth...it did not impart any shimmer at all so to speak of, unless you look up really really close in the mirror, it just made my skin glow but like no powder I've ever tried before. There was no sheen, no glitter just a glow as if my face had been lit from within! This sounds like a bad poem now ha ha!! but that's seriously what I thought. I only used the tiniest dusting and somehow it made my already nice, expensive and carefully applied products look 100x better than they did. I really can't explain anymore how lovely it made my skin look, but I went downstairs and my mum glanced up and said 'Oh, your skin looks lovely!' (she knows nothing about make up, despairs at the amount I spend and thinks all my great variety of blushes look exactly the same on - what a philistine lol). Anyway I've rambled enough, and said nothing about the colours or texture (bronze, champagne, creamy, taupe and very finely milled with a disarming lack of shimmer for a 'shimmer powder') but seriously - this is one well made high end finishing powder. It makes you glow without looking like you've applied something else. This product is flawless in my opinion and makes me look flawless. Give it a go if you can get hold of one.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yeah, this product in particular rocks! It is a beautiful highlighter that gives the skin a gorgeous glow. I use this by my cheekbones w my HG, nars torrid blush or my dior bronzer in spicy tan as of late and on my nose and my skin looks radiant. Sometimes i will use just the two light colors or blend all of them together and its pure love for my face. It is expensive, bobbi brown shimmerbricks, i think may be cheaper, i love those too, can provide a similar effect but i will be splurging on this while its available. I also like to use them as highlighters for my brow, the light colors and the darker ones for shadows when i want my eyes to be bronzey and its great. Highly recommend!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by recipefordisaster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is essentially a highlighter, as opposed to a bronzer, unless you are someone of extremely pale skin tone. I find that this works very well if you want to give yourself a glow or subtle tones and contours on your face. However as i prefer blushes to bronzers and contours i find that i use this palette more for my eyes. The very golden colour and the darkest colour bring out the blue in my eyes and i find that they stay quite well. Over all a product of amazing quality and flexibility.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shimmer powder was part of the 2008 spring collection from Dior. It is, along with Rose Diamond, not LE, it's a permanent item I believe.

I decided to buy it since I absolutely love the shimmer powders I already have since before; Rose Diamond, Copper Diamond and Pop Diamond. All of the shimmer powders are excellent products! The shimmer particles are very finely milled making the shimmering effect very soft and subtle. It's definitely not over the top. I wear it on a daily basis, just to get that glow. I use a bronzer blush to apply the product. Honestly, this must be the best highlighting product on the market. I much prefer these pressed powder ones over liquid highlighters or luminizing sticks such as NARS multiples.

Amber Diamond is very beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Rose Diamond. It's a wonderful bronze highlighter. Gives a slight tan effect with champagne-bronze effect. It can be used as on all-over face powder or as a blush. I prefer to wear it as highlighting powder on cheek bones on top or underneath my regular blush or I skip blush and wear the shimmering powder alone. Either way the result is a glowy skin without looking like you're wearing much face makeup. Some highlighters I've tried previously can be a bit too much for everyday wear making them more suitable for parties/evening wear but these ones are oh so natural.

I'd defintely repurchase Amber Diamond if needed. A little goes a long way and I don't think I will finish the product anytime soon.

However, If I would only get to keep one of the four I own I'd keep Pop Diamond or Rose Diamond since I think they are more flattering on my skin tone. The only downside with this product is the fact that it's rather pricey. But since I love it so much I think it's worth every penny! Thumbs up! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product. It adds a nice glow that is a bronzy color. You can also highlight it with the lighter shade and it isn't over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect highlighter, especially in combination with peach or tan blushes. It reminds me a bit of MAC Shimpagne mineralize skinfinish. I use Amber Diamond to finish my look almost every day. The glow is so lovely and brightening, but not sparkly or overly shimmery. I also own Dior Rose Diamond shimmer powder, I think these powders are all amazing. and I like the compact, especially because of the mirror. I think this works on all skintones, I'm very fair and don't think it's too dark. I swirl all the colors together to apply. Pretty foolproof.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted the Rose Shimmer but couldn't justify buying another pinky shimmer (I love them so much!) So I decided to buy Amber instead, since it was the beginning of summer and I thought it'd give me a nice warm weather glow. I don't like to use bronzer very much because it always just makes me look ruddy (I have naturally very pale skin). Well, you don't really get much of a tint out of this but I layer it on top of a coral colored blush and it has been a great summer look for me. I also like that it isn't too shimmery, just gives you that dewy look we all love. I have used this everyday this summer, mostly on my cheeks but also occasionally on my forehead and chin, and it barely looks like the compact has even been used. I sometimes swipe the lighter 2 colors over my eyeshadow as well. This product is lovely and will last a long time. I actually don't like the look of the compact very much, I liked the older look better. To me the huge "Dior" on the outside just seems a little tacky...