July 29, 2014 | 2063 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to see if it was a dupe for my beloved MAC eyebrow pencil. Although I did not expect a perfect dupe, I was hoping it would be almost the same. Unfortunately the formula is so HARD that even pressing down on my hand I hardly got any color. I would have to DRAW, pressing hard to get any color on my eyebrows, not the feathered look I am going for. I might put up with the application if the colors were good. Unfortunately Maybelline discontinued their AURBURN pencil I used for many many years and this one does not have a color that even remotely matches my hair color. Total fail for me and I'll stick with my MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this is dark brown & then I got MAC in spiked. Overall this is a pretty good dupe.

The colors are the same. However the difference is in the texture & application. The Maybelline pencil has a harder & waxier texture than the MAC pencil. Also the point of the Maybelline pencil is sharper. Because of these qualities the Maybelline pencil is good for filling in sparse areas. But you must be careful & use eye shadow/brow powder after so you can avoid the drawn on brows look. The MAC pencil has a softer point, is made of softer wax, & is more pigmented. The MAC gives a softer & more natural look w/o as much effort. The MAC pencil is more sweat & oil resistant. Since the MAC is more pigmented you don't have to use as much product to get the same results, it decreases application time, & it lasts longer than the Maybelline pencil.

Also I wish the Maybelline pencil was retractable & had a spoolie.

But these are nit picky comparisons. The Maybelline pencil is a good product & I would get it again if I ever ran out of the MAC pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrowngirl

I've been penciling my eyebrows since the age of about 11 or 12. I have none to speak of. I've tried them all, and for awhile my favorite as MAC's brow pencil in the color Spiked. I couldn't afford to pay $14 a pencil for as often as I use it. Maybelline's Define-A-Brow is practically the same in all respects, but a quarter of the price. At my local Target they have it for $4.34. It's def a staple for me and I can't see using another pencil again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pmangelo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice, natural look at a terrific price -- very pleased with the way this fills the thin spots in my brows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I bought this months ago. Maybe 8 or 9 months. I got it in med brown because I don't like my brows to be too dark. When I opened it I thought it was too light. FF and I'm looking for a dupe for my MAC Spiked. I saw that dark brown was a dupe for it and I tried to find db but I can't find it. I decided to use my med brown and I was pleasantly surprised. Sometimes I feel like Spiked is too dark but med brown is only a tad bit lighter than Spiked. I'm in love. I still want my Spiked, but I'll buy Define A Brow too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HOLY SMACK! amazing product... i use the one from Anastasia "brow wiz"... great as well but $26 CDN... this is like a cheaper version that performs just as great!

PROS:
- lasts all day long
- color stays true (no fading)
- highly pigmented
- nice and fine tip for precised application
- sleek packaging

CONS:
- needs a spoolie at the other end, the brush it comes with is not great

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

I love this product. I have virtually no brows at all. I change my look a lot. This product is fabulous and I use the darkest shade which I believe is dark brown. I can create brows or just add to what I do have. My face is a canvas!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cupsncake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this eyebrow pencil! It's easy to apply, lasts all day, and costs next to nothing. However, I'm having such a hard time finding it in DARK BROWN lately. For the last 2 months I've been on a frantic search at every drug store for it; even the Maybelline website isn't carrying it! I've tried the medium brown hoping it would do the trick but it's too light for my features. If they don't start stocking the dark brown soon, I'm going to have to give up and try another brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great little pencil. I'm all for automatic pencils as I feel that sharpening pencils are and should be a relic of the past. I love the color and pigmentation. A few strokes and I'm set. The color tone is perfect as Medium Brown is perfectly neutral. I swing between the MAC liner and this one depending on how convenient it is for me to stop by the MAC store. I have a feeling that MAC is slightly more pigmented and lasts longer. Also, for those praising Maybelline as a cheaper dupe, consider how much you are getting for the price. Maybelline is 0.001g for $6 ($8 drugstores) while MAC is 0.003 for $15. Nonetheless this a great drugstore find. Best lasting power among its competitiors and an easy to use design.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 2/2012 WTF! DARK BROWN has been DISCONTINUED!!! WTF!!!
BUT, these are actually priced high when comparing to the MAC one.
The size of each Maybelline is .1 for $7.00.
So 7 x 3= $21. Maybelline is actually only a good buy if you can get it with a "Buy 1 get 1 free Coupon!"

With all that said..........
MAC is bigger and is THE BETTER DEAL.
Cuz, it is actually 3 times the size at .3 for $15.00!!!!
Plus, the MAC formula is wayyyyyy better anyways!!
So, yeah..... its all good!!

Imo, this is just as good as MAC...but way over half off! I do find that MAC has better staying power,but with some good setting powder and face primer i am good to go.
I generally use this on weekdays and save my MAC for special occasions and nights out.
IMO, this is a great dupe.
I use the Dark Brown it does not have that horrid red in it!(which I hate when browns have that icky reddish hue when blended out!)
Though, this does have some chocolate cocoa undertones....but not too red at all...it just keeps it brown and not a charcoal like brown.
For under five dollars I recommend you to try it.
I know that everyone has their opinions, and there are many who didn't like it.
But, I(and millions of other happy user's) do believe that the ones with negative reviews, are probably just twisting too much out. Or maybe it somehow got too warm and then dried out when it went back to solid form.
Or they may just have there home very warm or too cool and therefore it breaks more easily.
Heck, I don't know! Lol!
Now, I did break it a lot on the first one I bought.
But, the past 8 or so have been perfect for me.
So, just remember that all you need is a very very very tiny bit out!
I really love that its so tiny and finely pointed, that I can draw and define the front box of my brows perfectly.
I also use Smashbox's Brunette Brow Tech, or MAC's Espresso Eyeshadow for my arch, and the two blend together nicely.