October 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first eyebrow pencil ever, so I can't judge this based on other ones but I think that this is a really good pencil! I bought it in the dark blonde and it matches me perfectly, but its really easy to get carried away with how much you apply. But I feel that this really defines them and helps to frame my face. I will definitely be repurchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is my HG brow product! This in conjunction with MAC clear brow gel is so natural and fantastic! It works just as well as more expensive brow waxes like Revlon Colorstay and Tarte EmphasEYES Brow. The only downside is that the comb on the other end is completely useless and cheap looking. I used it once and ripped it out and threw it away. Make sure to only twist up how much you need bc once you twist it up it won't go back down again. If you do that, you'll be fine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I revised my original review to bump this up a notch after trying a few others and coming back to this. It's still the best drugstore brow pencil I've tried, mostly because it lasts most of the day -provided I don't rub or rest my hand on my brow area too long which can cause it to smudge due to the soft texture. This is great for application but I noticed it can fade and/or smear a little bit if I don't use a setting spray (or hairspray sprayed on a toothbrush) to help it last longer AND keeps my wily brows in place. Iit's quick and easy to apply, looks quite natural once I run a spoolie or brush over to blend, and gets me through the day. Medium Brown is my shade; a neutral ash brown without the red tones so many medium browns seem to have. The comb on the end of this is cute but basically useless but I do like it because when it pokes out among the rest of my pencils in my holder, I can quickly identify it in the morning even when half asleep :p I still wish it had a spoolie but those are easy enough to come by so not a deal breaker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product, long lasting and very fine tip. Only problem is that I find the shades to be a little too warm toned.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

Great product, stays all day.. love that it is so thin and is automatic.. no sharpening! But the medium brown is too red for me and the Dark Brown and Soft Black is pretty much impossible to find anymore.. I think the colors I need are discontinued :( back on the prowl for a new eyeliner pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this product on an off again for years. It's cheap and has a little brush for your brows at the end. It stays on all day. I do add clear gel after appyling this to soften the look and help keep the pencil on all day.

4 out of 5 stars for the color. I use the medium color and find it a bit too red, and I have a warm, brown colored hair.

Don't hate it, would repurchase, but not HG status.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to see if it was a dupe for my beloved MAC eyebrow pencil. Although I did not expect a perfect dupe, I was hoping it would be almost the same. Unfortunately the formula is so HARD that even pressing down on my hand I hardly got any color. I would have to DRAW, pressing hard to get any color on my eyebrows, not the feathered look I am going for. I might put up with the application if the colors were good. Unfortunately Maybelline discontinued their AURBURN pencil I used for many many years and this one does not have a color that even remotely matches my hair color. Total fail for me and I'll stick with my MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this is dark brown & then I got MAC in spiked. Overall this is a pretty good dupe.

The colors are the same. However the difference is in the texture & application. The Maybelline pencil has a harder & waxier texture than the MAC pencil. Also the point of the Maybelline pencil is sharper. Because of these qualities the Maybelline pencil is good for filling in sparse areas. But you must be careful & use eye shadow/brow powder after so you can avoid the drawn on brows look. The MAC pencil has a softer point, is made of softer wax, & is more pigmented. The MAC gives a softer & more natural look w/o as much effort. The MAC pencil is more sweat & oil resistant. Since the MAC is more pigmented you don't have to use as much product to get the same results, it decreases application time, & it lasts longer than the Maybelline pencil.

Also I wish the Maybelline pencil was retractable & had a spoolie.

But these are nit picky comparisons. The Maybelline pencil is a good product & I would get it again if I ever ran out of the MAC pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrowngirl

I've been penciling my eyebrows since the age of about 11 or 12. I have none to speak of. I've tried them all, and for awhile my favorite as MAC's brow pencil in the color Spiked. I couldn't afford to pay $14 a pencil for as often as I use it. Maybelline's Define-A-Brow is practically the same in all respects, but a quarter of the price. At my local Target they have it for $4.34. It's def a staple for me and I can't see using another pencil again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pmangelo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice, natural look at a terrific price -- very pleased with the way this fills the thin spots in my brows!