August 30, 2014 | 1836 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2002 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have absolutely resisted the Becca bandwagon until now but I "might" get this one. I'm a loose powder user and adore YSL and LeClerc. I just tried Becca's l/p 2 days ago. The MA used it on on me and it really felt like crushed silk and veeeeeeeery fine. Its funny how the T.LeClerc display was right in front of the Becca counter. I took both in my hand and I could tell a difference. This is a fabulous powder because its so fine. However, I did not feel it controls oil as well as LeClerc but it definitely won't look cakey. The MA used a velour puff but I much prefer using a brush with my loose powders for a more natural effect. I'm on a waiting list now as they were were sold out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2002 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

The loose powder from Becca is one of the star's from this line. Finely milled, gives skin a finished look. The container is a bit of a pain, powder tends to get everywhere but this product is worth it. Dont take off too much of the paper sticky thing! Wonderful powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2002 10:43:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I'm not a big powder person b/c they usually look obvious on my skin or cake by the day's end. This powder melts into the skin, leaving a nice polished glow when used with the other Becca products. My application method: I only tore off one side of the powder sifter. I shake a little powder out, load my brush by tapping lightly in the powder, then swirl the brush in the lid and apply. Works great for me and not too messy. Beautiful Art Deco designed powder box. If you are going to become a devotee of Becca makeup, you must have this powder.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2002 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BarbaraN

I love this powder - so soft and silky and a "must have" for setting the Luminous Skin Color (tinted foundation) so that my skin glows and doesn't feel greasy. I have the powder in "Wheat" which is a good match for my MAC NW25 face in the summer, but will try "Sesame" for wintertime. The only gripe is that the powder makes such a mess, so that I take the puff out, turn the container upside down, and sponge it off the inside of the lid. Wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2002 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the overall Becca packaging. It's almost unisex in design and I like the substance and urban appeal of the pewter and brown. As if that wasn't enough to keep this on my vanity, it's the BEST loose powder I've ever tried. I wasn't too fond of the pressed, which I felt left a powdery cast on the face and built up with applications. However, the loose goes on like a sprinkling of angelic powder and keeps skin at that delicate balance between matte and still alive. Fabulous beyond words!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2002 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is an awesome loose powder that controls oil and leaves a really great mette finish. highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2002 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent powder. Very finely milled-- it melts into your skin. I don't think it is completely waterproof and sets makeup for 12 to 24 hours, but it does set my makeup and doesn't leave a powdery look. It still lets your skin shine (not oily shine!) through. It's not oil controlling, but doesn't make me oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2002 9:14:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I splurged on this after using the sample powder for about a week.It is nothing short of amazing.I don't care much for powder b/c it generally looks cakey on me but this really looks and feels natural,not to mention it has held up nicely during this heatwave.I am a Stila B,BB warm ivory and Px Traceless level 2-I got mine in Sesame.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2002 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: leaves nice finish, finely milled; CONS: packaging needs to be redesigned, cover does not seat well, powder spills everywhere; COMMENTS: after an hour, I looked slightly oily and I needed to retouch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2002 9:51:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

After 3 days of wearing the 3 step system i am finally ready to review the becca foundation line. This loose powder is wonderful. I feel the need to tell you i have only tried the Mattise knockoff of Mac and Px Magic Powder (which is great btw) but this powder is just wonderful. I love the idea of it being water resistant. I guess that's not only for sweat (which will be great when i am performing under lights) but maybe in case of rain. hehe. I love how lightweight it is, and how it really does let your natural skin through. Works very well together with all the products. This yellow/olive light stila E girl wears wheat. I can probably use the sample they gave me for about a month. Cool!