July 24, 2014 | 1609 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by KateMcC1633

Everyone seems to comment on its use for hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes, but I picked up a tip from Readers Digest about using it for cuticles and skin care. I did some more research, and found it has a lot of uses. Now, every night before bed, I put it on my cuticles, massage it into my feet, and treat my eyebrows. Actually I use it on my eyebrows because I have a scar (25 years old from seven stitches) that runs though the middle of the eyebrow. In the few months I have been using this product, my hands and feet are in the best condition of my life, and the scar in my eyebrow actually seems to be healing a bit more. I took a picture of my eyebrow when I started this experiment so I could compare the results, and I am so pleased.

I can't say enough good about a many uses of this one product. And for only $2.29 for a bottle of it at WalMart, it's the best value for the money of any beauty or skin product I buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using castor oil on my eyelashes every night for the past month.

I always lose a lot of eyelashes during the makeup removal process; I'm so SO gentle each time, and yet they continue to fall out. I figured that maybe my lashline area is dry or something, and so castor oil would be good to moisturize it.

Honestly, I haven't seen THAT much of a difference in my lashes. They still fall out like usual, and they're thinner than before.
Yes there has been some regrowth, but very little.

I don't know. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please message me about it.

I already have thin lashes to begin with, and each time I remove my makeup, they fall out.

I even stopped wearing makeup for the past week and the ONE time I put some mascara on today, they still fall out.

Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Rwood1

not only works to regrow lashes or brows but also helped to grow back hair. I chopped to much of my fly away's off on my temple's and it helps if used every other night.... One bottle lasts FOREVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ellevella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this to keep my skin clear from acne and to keep it moisturized. I don't know how it works, but does it ever! I apply a small amount every night after cleansing and my skin glows. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and this has been a Godsend!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Yes, this stuff can make you break out if you use too much of it. I've found it helps to apply with a small, fine brush and blot afterwards to get rid of any excess. This stuff does work. I had lash extentions put on about a month ago. I couldn't stand them so tried soaking them off with olive oil but still, sadly, lost some lashes. Within a few days of using this, I can already see my lashes are longer and there are some newer curly ones coming in just above my lash line. It works for brows too. Definitely makes them appear darker and a little thicker. I will try to stick to this regimen and update within a few months.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sbowlchica

I originally purchased this to help with my hair growth (I lost a LOT of hair after going on accutane...) but it just wouldn't wash out of my head hair and did nothing for my brows and lashes after about a month (and I was sick of waking up with sticky eyelids!)
However, I decided to try the OCM, and castor oil worked beautifully! My skin is a lot less oily, red, and blotchy! It's dried me up a lot, which is probably not a good thing since it's winter, so I'm temporarily switching to argan oil, but in the summer I'll come back to this. The only downside is the blackheads... I have many more blackheads, and I'm not sure if all of the sugar I've been eating has been breaking me out or this is...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been consistently using the Castor oil regimen, every night for almost a year...it hasn't been easy and there were times when i got discouraged, but comparing to how my eyebrows looked when i 1st started to how they are now, i definately dont mind continuing.
I was not blessed with full eyebrows, they were always light(as in few hairs) & parched, so i would draw them on w/pencil, which would make me feel insecure bc they did not look natural & I could never do fun outdoor activities (like swimming) for fear that my eyebrows would melt off. I've almost resorted to getting them tattooed w/ feathered technique, but before i did i searched for alternatives and i came across this marvelous oil.
Now my eyebrows are fuller, thicker, still a few spots that need some work, but for the most part im loving it, i dont need to fill in my brows as much, so i look more natural!
I also used this on my eyelashes & its made them longer, but i care more about the eyebrows. and also use it as an ingridient for my OCM method.
Be warned this will cause clogged pores around skin of eyebrows, I wipe excess of w/ a Qtip.
I will keep you updated in a few more months (:

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard allot of good things about how castor oil could help with hair growth on the head, brows and lashes. They'd been many positive reviews from various sites and I just had to give this magic oil a try.
I originally bought it to use on my head to assist me with growing out my short haircut. I have been using it every other night for about a month and I honestly can't say that it has made my hair grow any faster than usual but it has been an amazing treatment to keep my hair and scalp soft and healthy. My hair has been in really good condition since starting this treatment that I will continue to use it and if I do get a growth spurt from it, it'll be a added bonus.

Castor oil is really thick and isn't so pleasant to use on it's own because it feels a bit sticky so I dilute it with a 50/50 mixture of either almond oil, avocado oil, coconut oil or olive oil. Sometimes I add in a few drops of either rosemary oil or tee tree oil. I normally warm this mixture in the microwave for a few seconds before massaging into my scalp for a few minutes. I then comb onto the lengths of my hair, wrap my hair in a scarf and sleep on it. Next morning I shampoo it out like I would normally shampoo my hair with my redken all soft shampoo and conditioner. It washes out pretty easy and doesn't leave any residues on my hair although some users with thinner hair find a clarifying shampoo to be useful to prevent limp, heavy hair.
My hair is growing in really healthy, strong, and soft. And my lengths and ends are also in very good condition.

I have also tried it undiluted on my brows and lashes. I must say that I have pretty long lashes and a good set of brows so I didn't find it so necessary to use as often on these areas, though I still gave it shot to test and see if what people were saying about this was true.

On my brows, I couldn't note any difference. Remember though that I have thick brows and perhaps If I had thin brows to begin with I might have of noticed some difference.

And on my lashes...

I can't say that castor makes my lashes grow longer than what they're genetically programmed to grow but I can definitely see some new growth coming in. There are loads of new hairs popping in all over the place but they are strange because they haven't grown to full length 'yet' or 'maybe never will' I have to wait and see. I don't like them at the moment because they dont blend in with my longer lashes even when I put on mascara, they're just kind of poking out doing their own thing down there.

I dont think I will continue to use on my eye area as the oil seeps into my eyes and I like to read before going to sleep but castor oils makes my eyes go a bit blurry making reading difficult. Next morning it's clears up but I don't know if there could be any adverse affects from getting into my eyes so I'd rather stay safe than anything else.

Tip: Buy the straight up liquid type of oil sold in pharmacies. The waxy oil that is sold in beauty supply stores has the texture of vaseline and is usually mixed with some other ingredients that could clog your pores may cause you to break out.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BellaDama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I've been reading reviews on the castor oil which were all very good. And I have been dying my hair alot lately which makes it so unhealthy and dry, My eyelashes became thin lighter and weak after using some heavy mascarra. I bought a bottle of natural castor oil but Im not sure if its the right one. But I have been using it on my hair eyelashes and eyebrow and I cant wait to see if there's going to be any results. Also ladies the castor oil is very healthy for the skin aswell and nails :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Update: I stopped using it since a few months, but my eyelashes stayed the same as they were as when I was using the oil! However, I was so tired of going to bed with oil on my eyes and waking up with a weird film on them.

I've been looking for a good lash-growth aid for a while and when I saw the glorious reviews of castor oil as a lash treatment, I also jumped on the bandwagon. I went looking in health food stores and sure enough, I was able to buy a 100mL bottle of organic cold-pressed castor oil for aproximately 10$ US. That'll probably last me for two years! :) I've been using this for more than a month and I can definitely see a difference!

Clearly, it won't be as dramatic as Lumigan's drug, but it also is conditionning to my eye area, as well as being 100% natural. I have gray eyes and I will not risk darkening my eye color just for temporarily longer lashes.

I have tiny tiny lashes that are straight and if I don't curl them, I easily look tired. Since using castor oil, I find my lashes to be stronger, to hold their curl better (WP mascara helps a lot), as well as being longer and fuller. I always had tiny invisible lower lashes but now they are actually visible without mascara on them! I wear contact lenses daily and before, when I put in my lenses, my lashes never touch the lenses. However when I tried to put in lenses lately, I absolutely had to curl my lashes first if I don't want my lashes to touch the lenses! I know that it doesn't sound like a lot but it truely makes a difference for me.

The packaging of the oil was a bit messy, it's just like the Desert Essence Jojoba oil. However castor oil is much thicker than jojoba, so it it a breeze for me to transfer the oil into a smaller bottle for everyday use. I keep the big bottle in the fridge.

The reason why I didn't give this a 5, is 1) because of its odor, which isn't the most palatable. I wish it was unscented but it only bothers me when I put the bottle under my nose or when I use the oil at night. the 2nd reason is because I haven't used it long enough (3 months for my lashes to completely regenerate) to see the results. I will update when the time comes. (It's even written on my iPhone's calender! lol)

I love this oil and even if it is messy, I know it works so I will keep on using it. I've stopped searching for a lash treatment. I've given little bottles of this to my mother and friend and told them to use the oil on their lashes too. Overall I totally recommend this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No