September 21, 2014 | 1860 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by tiredofbs

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used castor oil for a month on brows & lashes. All I got was breakouts and milia. No hair growth at all.

And before you ask, I was very careful with application. I used a eyeliner brush that was designated for this specific purpose and cleaned it after each use.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that it actually works. I've been using it for over a month, and my lashes haven't looked this great!

As recommended by my fellow MUA-ers, I use a sample mascara blush I picked up from MAC counter (for free :), and apply the oil to my lashes morning and night.

TIP: Apply on the upper lashes only, then gently close your eyes and the oil will just hit the lower lashes and drip down to the roots.

I used to have long lashes (although most of them point down :), but after having a baby my lashes started to fall off. Castor oil allows lashes to grow stronger; therefore they don't fall off and grow longer and fuller. I started seeing results on week 3.

I don't know if it will work for people who have short and thin lashes to begin with, but it's worth a try since it's only $6 for 5 ml. and that will last you FOREVER!

I haven't tried those eyelash serums, and those might work faster and more effective, but castor oil is natural with no side effects and cheaper. I would give this a try first.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Applying my usual mascara Bobbi Brown everything, I'm thinking that this is going on really well today since my lashes are looking very long. Then I realize that it is my lashes not the mascara. I've been using castor oil for 2 weeks not expecting anything and certainly not within the space of 2 weeks but it is TRUE so TRUE that they are longer. Why compromise your health with latisse when this healthy alternative will do the job. I am also applying it to my brows and I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is honestly such a great product. I've used to for my eyelashes, eyebrows, hair, and hairline. I have very thick hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows but I figure since I bought it as a hot oil treatment I could use it for other things. What I do is get an old mascara wand and run it over my eyelashes and eyebrows. After my pregnancy my hairline became thinner, due to hormones, so this definitely has helped. I noticed results within a couple days. My eyelashes were longer, darker, and thicker looking. I even notice new hair growing and I've only been using it for three days!! My complaints are that when you apply it to your eyelashes it remains all day. Literally hours later and it'll still be there. It's also pretty thick and isn't my absolute favorite for skin moisturizing (that award goes to coconut oil). Overall this is an amazing natural product that I fell in love with and felt the need to write a (lengthy) review about. haha. So if you want your hair to be thicker and longer this is amazing!! =)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by nawalasif9

AMAAAAAAAZING.
I had like reaaaaallly thin brows - i consistently used this for everynight for 2 months and WOW. i have nice thick brows! ;)

I have a little gap where i overplucked by accident, and so im using it again - i used it yesterday first time - and ill let you know how it goes! :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is thin, patchy, slow growing hair's best friend. I make most of my own products and this is a great one for my hair products. I use this along with jojoba oil and a blend of essential oils in my scalp elixir which I use once or twice a week as a pre-shampoo treatment to keep my scalp clean. Then I also use it in a half and half mix with avocado oil as a nightly brow and lash moisturizer. I just take an old mascara bottle, pull out the top part that takes off any extra mascara, and clean the wand, stopper, and bottle with makeup remover, then regular soap. I put in the oil mix, put the stopper back in, and voila! You never get spills, it's easy to apply, and you're making use of trash! I also use this as a makeup remover. I normally use coconut oil if I don't have a ton of makeup on, but if I have a very thick face of paint on, the oil cleansing method works great (although I still always use Bioderama Sensibio on my eyes). I my mix is castor oil and sunflower oil (which I also use as a body moisturizer). The general ratio is 30% castor oil for oily skin, 20% for normal skin, and 10% for dry skin. I have normal (slightly drier skin) so I use 3/4 cup and 2 tbsp of Sunflower Oil with 2 tbsp Castor Oil. I rub it onto dry skin, massage for at least 1 minutes, hold a warm, damp washcloth over my face for a few seconds then wipe off the oil. I usually re-wipe with the washcloth 2 times, then I continue with my cleanser. With all the ways that you can use castor oil, I would definitely recommend it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by MaryStColumba

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm a born sceptic and having had patchy, scarce eyebrows for about 2 years I decided to give Castor Oil a go (the very expensive Lancome product did nothing, zilch!). I would say that within about 3 weeks I see a marked difference and my eyebrow bald spots are growing hairs. The difference is best seen when I colour in my brows with angled brush and powder and/or pencil. I have also started using CO mixed with sunflower oil 50/50 as a nighttime moisturiser after cleansing and my skin has never looked or felt so good.

The only means of purchasing CO in the UK was through the internet as every pharmacy and health food store i tried no longer stock it. I'm going to the USA in a couple of weeks where I see it's easily available.

Older ladies, such as myself, may wish to try this because I find it really works. Such a joy to see your eyebrows looking fairly natural again, and, without paying an arm and a leg!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by KateMcC1633

Everyone seems to comment on its use for hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes, but I picked up a tip from Readers Digest about using it for cuticles and skin care. I did some more research, and found it has a lot of uses. Now, every night before bed, I put it on my cuticles, massage it into my feet, and treat my eyebrows. Actually I use it on my eyebrows because I have a scar (25 years old from seven stitches) that runs though the middle of the eyebrow. In the few months I have been using this product, my hands and feet are in the best condition of my life, and the scar in my eyebrow actually seems to be healing a bit more. I took a picture of my eyebrow when I started this experiment so I could compare the results, and I am so pleased.

I can't say enough good about a many uses of this one product. And for only $2.29 for a bottle of it at WalMart, it's the best value for the money of any beauty or skin product I buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using castor oil on my eyelashes every night for the past month.

I always lose a lot of eyelashes during the makeup removal process; I'm so SO gentle each time, and yet they continue to fall out. I figured that maybe my lashline area is dry or something, and so castor oil would be good to moisturize it.

Honestly, I haven't seen THAT much of a difference in my lashes. They still fall out like usual, and they're thinner than before.
Yes there has been some regrowth, but very little.

I don't know. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please message me about it.

I already have thin lashes to begin with, and each time I remove my makeup, they fall out.

I even stopped wearing makeup for the past week and the ONE time I put some mascara on today, they still fall out.

Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Rwood1

not only works to regrow lashes or brows but also helped to grow back hair. I chopped to much of my fly away's off on my temple's and it helps if used every other night.... One bottle lasts FOREVER!