October 23, 2014 | 1663 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by wan_pipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

the only one keeps me purchase! really water-proof, never smudge on my eyes! long enough but you may need a lash comb to separate the lashes! good quality+cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by mango65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is currently the no.1 mascara on cosme.net, the Japanese equivalent of MUA. This stuff works wonders for my obnoxious stick-straight Asian lashes. They're actually visible from the front for once, lol. It holds curls very well (best I've tried), lengthening effect is moderate. Doesn't smudge or leave flakes behind like MAC and benefit mascaras do. Doesn't weigh lashes down like loreal ones do. Like what everyone has mentioned, it's quite difficult to remove. I rubbed a gel-based remover into my lashes, took about 1 minute to remove the "lash tubes" completely. Price is very reasonable, 1050 yen (US$10) for a tube. Packaging is plain and a little tacky. From MUA reviews it seems like people with stick-straight lashes like this product a lot more than people with normal lashes. I guess we appreciate the industrial strength curl-holding power, which doesn't matter as much to normal lashes.

UPDATE: I'm using it with shiseido's eyelash curler, it's MAGIC :) My lashes normally point down, now they stay at 80 degrees for hours. They look exactly like the lashes of models in Japanese magazines (CanCam, Non-no, ViVi) Pretty amazing by my standards.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've removed 80 year old lead paint from my door trimmings faster than I can remove this stuff. I actually went out and bought a strong Japanese brand eye make up remover because I couldn't get it off and I panicked. Does a really nice job of lengthening my lashes and gives a little bit of curl, and I can certainly say that it lasts and lasts. So it effectively does what it says it would. But...would I repurchase? No - for I despise the brush shape. I find the curve unnecessary and it skips my outer lashes too much. Plus there's too much else out there to try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Luluwastaken

Lovely mascara overall. It lengths and thickens and my curled lashes stay. It doesn't clump, I love the wand - makes application easy. Doesn't smudge. The fibres can sometimes irritate my lenses, but its fine without lenses.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What I love about this mascara is the fact that it gives me rich dark long lashes and the tips of my lashes don't go in different crazy clumpy directions like they do with most other mascaras. It is a bit hard to take off but it's really worth it for me. I can layer this on and it gives some dramatic results. I paid $18 USD for it so I may not buy it again because of the price but it's pretty good for what I paid for.

EDIT: When you splash around in water it will flake and if you're just going along with your regular day, it's going to flake fibers. It's pretty flakey. I don't mind too much but if you really hate flakes, stay away from this one.

I found out that you can get it from adambeauty.com for about $13.
That's with the shipping costs. A bit cheeper than getting it at the Japanese supermarket I bought mine at.

OK FINAL EDIT: I've had this mascara for a month and a half and it's already dry and clumpy and the flaking has gotten even WORSE. Now it's starting to bother me. It looks great and gives volume and length, but it has a short shelf life and flakes like no tomorrow. So if your mascara starts to dry out just warm a cup of water for a minitue or 2 in the microwave and dip your mascara bottle in the heated cup for a min. It's as good as new when I do this. I'm not throwing out this good mascara just yet!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This was okay for me, not great, not bad. It was interesting seeing the fibers when I wiped the wand on the tube to get off the excess because I've never used this type of mascara. It adds pretty good length because the fibers just attach onto the lashes. I didn't think it was extremely extremely wonderful but it didn't clump and it holds curl moderately well. I didnt think it made my lashes curl more but byt he end of the day my stick straight asian lashes aren't completely down (more like straight out 90 degree angle, rather than sticking up from the morning) but Covergirl's lashblast holds my curl better. All in all, it this was an average mascara. I switch between this & my CGlashblast so it's pretty good for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite mascara I've ever tried. Got it from Sasa when I was over in Hong Kong, but I can get it on Ebay now for about $20ish AUD. It defn makes my short Asian lashes look much much thicker, giving a much more dramatic look, I only use this in the night time now, I use Maybelline waterproof Full and Soft in the day. It builds volume with the little fibres, it CAN get clumpy if you don't apply it properly, but overall great mascara, have several tubes at home. Holds the curl great, my lashes are never droopy after I apply this mascara onto them, and holds all day. Although it is harder to get off then my other mascaras I just use an oil based cleanser like Fancl or Dermalogica Pre Cleanse and with a gentle massage (and a slight resemblance to a racoon) it'll come right off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An ok mascara. After reading all the reviews, I found it on ebay and ordered it from Hong Kong. When it arrived, I was so excited - couldn't wait to try it on! But, same old, same old: it builds ok volume and although it didn't wilt my lashes, it did smudge somewhat. It's ok, but certainly not worth buying on ebay, having it shipped, paying postage/shipping/handling and customs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

After I finished my Heroine Make voluminizing mascara, I got long and curl. Actually, the difference is not significant. The results are very very similar. Volume and curl doesn't thicken lashes dramatically, but is very smooth and no clumps at all. Long and curl thickens lashes just as much as Volume and curl, and it lengthens just a tiny bit more than long and curl. My lashes doesn't feel heavy, application is smooth, no clumps and no fiber coming off. I usually apply with quick, light strokes.. around 3 or 4 strokes repeatedly. Both Volume and Long deserves the same ratings to me. I can only give 4 but not 5 because it still smudges a bit. Unfortunately I have oily eye lids and outer corner of my eyes tears a bit during the day. I usually use Clarins Fix It mascara on top already.

Edit: I've to re-iterate I don't find any problem in removing. I pour baby oil over cotton pad, Press it over my eye lashes for 5 seconds, & gently rub. I always wash with face cleanser to get rid of residue & the grease afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this mascara is pretty good. I have short Asian lashes and it does lengthen my lashes quite a bit. It holds a curl quite well. The only problem I have with this is that it kind of runs after some hours. Or maybe it's because of my oily face. Also, I don't wear make up too often so I've had this mascara for 2 years now probably only worn it 30 times at most. I don't know if it's because I've had it for this long, but it clumps now when I put it on. Might be because it's dry but I'm not sure. But all in all, I believe this mascara is pretty good. Very waterproof as other reviewers have said. You need to use makeup remover to take it off. Not just plain water. It's good that it's THAT waterproof. It stays on even when you shower or swim. So I'm not sure why some people complain about the removal. That's the point of waterproof mascara. Other than the clumping and running (maybe also due to time), it's a pretty good mascara to use.