October 2, 2014 | 983 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've removed 80 year old lead paint from my door trimmings faster than I can remove this stuff. I actually went out and bought a strong Japanese brand eye make up remover because I couldn't get it off and I panicked. Does a really nice job of lengthening my lashes and gives a little bit of curl, and I can certainly say that it lasts and lasts. So it effectively does what it says it would. But...would I repurchase? No - for I despise the brush shape. I find the curve unnecessary and it skips my outer lashes too much. Plus there's too much else out there to try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Luluwastaken

Lovely mascara overall. It lengths and thickens and my curled lashes stay. It doesn't clump, I love the wand - makes application easy. Doesn't smudge. The fibres can sometimes irritate my lenses, but its fine without lenses.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What I love about this mascara is the fact that it gives me rich dark long lashes and the tips of my lashes don't go in different crazy clumpy directions like they do with most other mascaras. It is a bit hard to take off but it's really worth it for me. I can layer this on and it gives some dramatic results. I paid $18 USD for it so I may not buy it again because of the price but it's pretty good for what I paid for.

EDIT: When you splash around in water it will flake and if you're just going along with your regular day, it's going to flake fibers. It's pretty flakey. I don't mind too much but if you really hate flakes, stay away from this one.

I found out that you can get it from adambeauty.com for about $13.
That's with the shipping costs. A bit cheeper than getting it at the Japanese supermarket I bought mine at.

OK FINAL EDIT: I've had this mascara for a month and a half and it's already dry and clumpy and the flaking has gotten even WORSE. Now it's starting to bother me. It looks great and gives volume and length, but it has a short shelf life and flakes like no tomorrow. So if your mascara starts to dry out just warm a cup of water for a minitue or 2 in the microwave and dip your mascara bottle in the heated cup for a min. It's as good as new when I do this. I'm not throwing out this good mascara just yet!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This was okay for me, not great, not bad. It was interesting seeing the fibers when I wiped the wand on the tube to get off the excess because I've never used this type of mascara. It adds pretty good length because the fibers just attach onto the lashes. I didn't think it was extremely extremely wonderful but it didn't clump and it holds curl moderately well. I didnt think it made my lashes curl more but byt he end of the day my stick straight asian lashes aren't completely down (more like straight out 90 degree angle, rather than sticking up from the morning) but Covergirl's lashblast holds my curl better. All in all, it this was an average mascara. I switch between this & my CGlashblast so it's pretty good for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite mascara I've ever tried. Got it from Sasa when I was over in Hong Kong, but I can get it on Ebay now for about $20ish AUD. It defn makes my short Asian lashes look much much thicker, giving a much more dramatic look, I only use this in the night time now, I use Maybelline waterproof Full and Soft in the day. It builds volume with the little fibres, it CAN get clumpy if you don't apply it properly, but overall great mascara, have several tubes at home. Holds the curl great, my lashes are never droopy after I apply this mascara onto them, and holds all day. Although it is harder to get off then my other mascaras I just use an oil based cleanser like Fancl or Dermalogica Pre Cleanse and with a gentle massage (and a slight resemblance to a racoon) it'll come right off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An ok mascara. After reading all the reviews, I found it on ebay and ordered it from Hong Kong. When it arrived, I was so excited - couldn't wait to try it on! But, same old, same old: it builds ok volume and although it didn't wilt my lashes, it did smudge somewhat. It's ok, but certainly not worth buying on ebay, having it shipped, paying postage/shipping/handling and customs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

After I finished my Heroine Make voluminizing mascara, I got long and curl. Actually, the difference is not significant. The results are very very similar. Volume and curl doesn't thicken lashes dramatically, but is very smooth and no clumps at all. Long and curl thickens lashes just as much as Volume and curl, and it lengthens just a tiny bit more than long and curl. My lashes doesn't feel heavy, application is smooth, no clumps and no fiber coming off. I usually apply with quick, light strokes.. around 3 or 4 strokes repeatedly. Both Volume and Long deserves the same ratings to me. I can only give 4 but not 5 because it still smudges a bit. Unfortunately I have oily eye lids and outer corner of my eyes tears a bit during the day. I usually use Clarins Fix It mascara on top already.

Edit: I've to re-iterate I don't find any problem in removing. I pour baby oil over cotton pad, Press it over my eye lashes for 5 seconds, & gently rub. I always wash with face cleanser to get rid of residue & the grease afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this mascara is pretty good. I have short Asian lashes and it does lengthen my lashes quite a bit. It holds a curl quite well. The only problem I have with this is that it kind of runs after some hours. Or maybe it's because of my oily face. Also, I don't wear make up too often so I've had this mascara for 2 years now probably only worn it 30 times at most. I don't know if it's because I've had it for this long, but it clumps now when I put it on. Might be because it's dry but I'm not sure. But all in all, I believe this mascara is pretty good. Very waterproof as other reviewers have said. You need to use makeup remover to take it off. Not just plain water. It's good that it's THAT waterproof. It stays on even when you shower or swim. So I'm not sure why some people complain about the removal. That's the point of waterproof mascara. Other than the clumping and running (maybe also due to time), it's a pretty good mascara to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

This is a HG mascara. It lenghtens and thickens. It is one of the best I have used to far, and does not flake or clump. I had no problem removing this mascara because I purchased the Kiss Me Heroine mascara remover they sell. I just bought it at the same time I purchased this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was amazed at this mascara. It made my lashes super long and jet black. It did create the false lash effect, though not as well as YSL's faux cils and is super smudge proof and waterproof. It didnt flake and held my curl very well. I tried to flatten the lashes to see how the mascara holds the curl and my lashes just bounced back.

That said, as others have mentioned, its a pain to remove! On the pakcaging, it does say that due to the mascara being very waterproof, its best to use the mascara remover from the same brand. At first, I thought that was just a bit of marketing to get people to use the same line but I am considering buying the remover cos it took me more than 10 minutes with my DHC cleansing oil to fully remove the mascara.

I bought this in HK for just under 55HKD at Sasa and to me that is such a bargain. It does dry out and clump a bit but for that price, its affordable to get another one. So this is a definate repurchase until I find an easier to remove mascara with the same performance ;)