August 1, 2014 | 1831 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite mascara I've ever tried. Got it from Sasa when I was over in Hong Kong, but I can get it on Ebay now for about $20ish AUD. It defn makes my short Asian lashes look much much thicker, giving a much more dramatic look, I only use this in the night time now, I use Maybelline waterproof Full and Soft in the day. It builds volume with the little fibres, it CAN get clumpy if you don't apply it properly, but overall great mascara, have several tubes at home. Holds the curl great, my lashes are never droopy after I apply this mascara onto them, and holds all day. Although it is harder to get off then my other mascaras I just use an oil based cleanser like Fancl or Dermalogica Pre Cleanse and with a gentle massage (and a slight resemblance to a racoon) it'll come right off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An ok mascara. After reading all the reviews, I found it on ebay and ordered it from Hong Kong. When it arrived, I was so excited - couldn't wait to try it on! But, same old, same old: it builds ok volume and although it didn't wilt my lashes, it did smudge somewhat. It's ok, but certainly not worth buying on ebay, having it shipped, paying postage/shipping/handling and customs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

After I finished my Heroine Make voluminizing mascara, I got long and curl. Actually, the difference is not significant. The results are very very similar. Volume and curl doesn't thicken lashes dramatically, but is very smooth and no clumps at all. Long and curl thickens lashes just as much as Volume and curl, and it lengthens just a tiny bit more than long and curl. My lashes doesn't feel heavy, application is smooth, no clumps and no fiber coming off. I usually apply with quick, light strokes.. around 3 or 4 strokes repeatedly. Both Volume and Long deserves the same ratings to me. I can only give 4 but not 5 because it still smudges a bit. Unfortunately I have oily eye lids and outer corner of my eyes tears a bit during the day. I usually use Clarins Fix It mascara on top already.

Edit: I've to re-iterate I don't find any problem in removing. I pour baby oil over cotton pad, Press it over my eye lashes for 5 seconds, & gently rub. I always wash with face cleanser to get rid of residue & the grease afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this mascara is pretty good. I have short Asian lashes and it does lengthen my lashes quite a bit. It holds a curl quite well. The only problem I have with this is that it kind of runs after some hours. Or maybe it's because of my oily face. Also, I don't wear make up too often so I've had this mascara for 2 years now probably only worn it 30 times at most. I don't know if it's because I've had it for this long, but it clumps now when I put it on. Might be because it's dry but I'm not sure. But all in all, I believe this mascara is pretty good. Very waterproof as other reviewers have said. You need to use makeup remover to take it off. Not just plain water. It's good that it's THAT waterproof. It stays on even when you shower or swim. So I'm not sure why some people complain about the removal. That's the point of waterproof mascara. Other than the clumping and running (maybe also due to time), it's a pretty good mascara to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

This is a HG mascara. It lenghtens and thickens. It is one of the best I have used to far, and does not flake or clump. I had no problem removing this mascara because I purchased the Kiss Me Heroine mascara remover they sell. I just bought it at the same time I purchased this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was amazed at this mascara. It made my lashes super long and jet black. It did create the false lash effect, though not as well as YSL's faux cils and is super smudge proof and waterproof. It didnt flake and held my curl very well. I tried to flatten the lashes to see how the mascara holds the curl and my lashes just bounced back.

That said, as others have mentioned, its a pain to remove! On the pakcaging, it does say that due to the mascara being very waterproof, its best to use the mascara remover from the same brand. At first, I thought that was just a bit of marketing to get people to use the same line but I am considering buying the remover cos it took me more than 10 minutes with my DHC cleansing oil to fully remove the mascara.

I bought this in HK for just under 55HKD at Sasa and to me that is such a bargain. It does dry out and clump a bit but for that price, its affordable to get another one. So this is a definate repurchase until I find an easier to remove mascara with the same performance ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by pushpop

This is one of my few HG mascaras (others being CyberColors Long Lash Mascara, Maybeline's Unstoppable). Unlike the rest, I do NOT suffer from smudging/panda eyes. In fact, this mascara WILL give you the illusion of the false lash look. It doesn't exactly curl your lashes...however...the formula and the way you apply the mascara (starting from roots and sliding upwards to the tips and holding it there for a few seconds - bending the tips towards your lids) will help your lashes look very lifted and semi-curled.

The brush is a small to medium sized curved one with plenty of black fibres embedded inside a rich black paint formula. With one coat you see your lashes darkened & a tad longer. With 2 - you get length but with 3 or 4...man...that's when the drama starts and the false lash look is guaranteed. By the 4th coat, just apply to the mid lengths and tips to further extend the length! You will be amazed at the "self-sticking" power of this formula which helps in fibres being easily attached to the ends of the already enhanced lashes.

The only drawback of this mascara is its almost semi-permanent staying power. Be warned this mascara is a beeiatch to remove. You need patience and a one very very good cleansing oil. Personally I alternate between 2 types of cleansing oils (Dermalogica's Precleanse & Dior's Magique Purifying Cleansing Oil) depending on what makeup I use during the day.

Precleanse will NOT dissolve this stubborn mascara paint formula but will work on other normal supermarket brands! Only Dior's Cleansing Oil has some "magique-cal" powers or should I say...industrial strength solvent which can properly cleanse away all residue of this mascara successfully & with much ease.

To recap...PROS: (1) Incredible results - it will give you very dramatic, LONG, black & full lashes. Even my sister & cousin were amazed and asked if I was using fake lashes! (2) Amazing staying power on my lashes and I dare say I have oily eyelids so no panda eyes/smudging with this one. (3) CHEAP & GOOD! You can get it for about USD 10.60 from Sasa and all you need is a good 2 to 3 coats of this stuff and it's all drama mama!

CONS: (1) Difficult to remove. Must use a very good cleansing oil (stroke downwards from lids to cheek and gently stroke sideways under lower lashes to remove any panda deposits from removal). I recommend Dior's. It works marvelously on this mascara and all very water-proof mascara formulas.
(2) No-Frills simple packaging. It could be better. But then I dont really care...this is one fabulous mascara!

I have just bought my second tube in a SASA store. But works out cheaper if u order online. ;p

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by shirlayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a great prouduct but lyk what the other reviews say it really dus take half an hour to take off sadly
it lengthens and curl my lashes very well and when i mean very i mean very!! ;D
but dosnt really volumise. at leash it gives ur lashes great length and curl
i would say it flakes a little bit after about10 hours??
but dosent smudge for me
i even went to the beach with it on
being it doesnt come off any bit even after showering i thoguht i would be beach safe
you can kinda say that but it all flaked off in about 4hour of salt water but it didnt smudge off it flaked off so no raccoon eyes :D
its a good mascara that i would wear on special occasions not just for normal shopping days coz i wouldnt want to spend half an hour a day just take my mascara off
but i dus gove u WONDERLASHES
wat ever that means?
hahaha

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by OutOfLine

After spending 18$ with shipping and handeling CDN and waiting a month for it to ship from taiwan... i was disapointed.
It curls and lengthens.... even adds volume!! But if not applied correctly can be really clumpy and or spider leg looking. =[[[
Overall.... its okay.
This mascara is nothing compared to my hg HYPNOSE (read my review).
Oh and when they mean waterproof... they mean as in it takes 20 minutes to take off and you will lose a minimum of 6 eyelashes per eye doing so.
p.s. the packaging is GROSS!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On the fence with this one.

Love the results but hate the removal part.
It doesn't smudge, maybe a tiny flake after 12hrs. If you get it on your lid it's hard to get it off.

I like the brush and the fibers are better then the fiberwig ones.