April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I have extremely oily lids, and I can guarantee with absolute certainty that any eyeshadow I apply will crease and fade throughout the day, irregardless or brand or finish. Eye primer for me, is an absolute necessity. I have just repurchased my second tube of Shadow Insurance... can you believe my first tube lasted almost TWO YEARS?!

Simply put, itís a spectacular product. It does exactly what itís supposed to do, and I really canít live without it!
For a shimmer eyeshadow addict, Shadow Insurance acts like an anchor for my most glitteriest shades, and keeps them in place until itís time to take my make up off, but also throughout the day ensures my eyeshadow doesnít lose itís lustre.
I use this with my MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced & LíOreal shadows and the result is always the same, no creasing, no matter the brand, they just last and last and last!

All I need is a tiny bead sized amount for each eye, which I apply with a synthetic concealer brush and then blend with my fingers. It feels Ďtackyí on my eyelids as soon as itís applied, probably due to the silicone, so I leave it for 30 seconds before applying and blending my eyeshadow as normal. Itís supposed to be Ďflesh colouredí, but once blended on the eyelid, is virtually invisible.
I am also hugely impressed with the packaging. Itís just a simple squeeze tube but that to me equals a more hygienic product, and it makes it easy to get all of the product out without wasting it.I can see this lasting for at least a good few months, but once it finishes, I will definitely repurchase! I love any long-wearing make up productÖ my foundation lasts all day, and thanks to Shadow Insurance, my eye shadow definitely does too! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ah the eternal war between this an UD. Honestly, i've had both and this wins HANDS DOWN. I can put my eyeshadow on, go off to college, some home in the evening and my eye make up will l look as if i just put it on. My only gripe is the price- at 24 euro, it's not as affordable as UD, the only place where it conceeds to Primer Potion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Beauty2Behold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wore this primer non-stop for a full week under my eyeshadow and it was top notch, I'd say equal to Urban Decay's Primer Potion. However for the whole week that I wore it, my eyes were unbearably ITCHY! I thought maybe it was the eyeshadows I was using, also Too Faced from the Sweet Indulgences palette, however I tried them the following week with my UD primer and my eyes weren't itchy at ALL. I know it was this, as soon as I stopped using it, the itchyness went away. It was a great primer, but obviously something in it caused an allergy, maybe the Talc? Not sure :( Gave it to my sister, she had no problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by chocolatecadre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this after some really good reviews on this place and others. I'm combination skin and have had problem with creasing for ages, and while powdering my eyelids before applying make-up, and other primers have kept my eye-make up in place for around 3-4 hours, but at the end of a long work day or a school day, it's usually a mess.

Out of habit I first used this and then put powder on top of it, but that wielded the same result - 4 hours in it was just a line in the crease.

When I started applying my eye shadow directly over it, I finally got the desired effect - my make-up stayed place for 8-12 hours, and possibly more than that, as I don't always note how long it's been since I put it on.

I'd definitely recommend it for those with the same problem. It's not the cheapest primer but it's one that's worked best for me so far, and it seems like a long-lasting product as well (my eyelids are small, so I don't need much primer).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by msesq

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is the only primer that made my eye shadow last all day and I have really oily skin. I have tried Origins, and several other brands and they don't work at all. In addition, the eye primer deepens the color of your eye shadow, not a lot but just enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by zeamea

I cannot say enough good things about this primer. I've used so many different primers before, but my oily eyelids are ruthless. Without primer, my eye shadow creases within an hour. With a really good primer, I can last around 4, maybe 5 or 6 hours.

Shadow Insurance was on sale on Amazon so I decided to buy it on a whim. I'm so glad I did. It's been 12 hours since I did my makeup this morning, and my eye shadow has not creased one bit. It's still just as vibrant and pigmented as it was this morning.

I'm very happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by missceline1990

OK, so I got this product on ebay and I'm really starting to think that I have a fake one because this product doesn't work at all on me! I have had this shadow insurance before and I can't remember disliking it so much. When I put it on my shadow creases just as fast as when I'm not using anything. I like the urban decay primer potion way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I got this as a sample in one of my Ulta purchases, and I really love the way it feels and how good it blends and does wonders for my eye shadow!

Will be buying the full sized one soon! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by bexidaisy

I'm sure this works for some, but it just doesn't cut it for me unfortunately.

This actually slides off of my eyelids (which aren't oily, I use a primer to stop mild creasing and to increase the colour payoff of my shadows.)

On top of that, when I squeeze it out of the tube, there was always a drop of oil EVERY TIME, even if I shook it. So I took to putting a large dot on the back of my hand to combat this, which wasted the product.

This never really set on my eyelids either, like UDPP does, so my eyeshadows turned into an oily mess!

Maybe I just had a bad tube, but from my experience, I cannot recommend this and wouldn't buy it again. It's a shame, because I love everything else from Too Faced!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Ellety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love TF's e/s primer much better than UDPP bc it actually doesn't crease! I have oily lids so I think TF's formula works better for me.

I got it when on Hautelook and they had a deal for $18 for this and a small 6 shade palette. I thought it was worth a shot! If I didn't like it, at least I'd have the palette. Good thing I liked them both! :)

I like it but I don't love it. I reeeeeally love Lorac's Behind the Scene primer bc it's silkier and leave less of a color behind.

I'd buy again bc it works, but not an absolute staple.