November 27, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by VioletxGein

This does do a great job at preventing my eyeshadow from creasing. I tend to wear very dark or very bright eye shadow colors. But it does nothing to make the color brighter. *shrugs* Ah well...but this does make my eyeshadow last while going to metal shows and selling merch at sweaty band venues. I just wish this was not so expensive! I only use this for days when I will be out all night with no mirror around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I love this product and personally I think it's better than the UD - Primer potion. I don't know why, but this stuff just really works! I have such small eyelids, so shadow creases really easily. Just not with this!

- Only bad thing about this product, is that is it soo expensive. I only use this on really special occasions. I don't think I'm gonna repurchase this, because of the price. The elf. primer is almost as good, but much cheaper so.. Idk.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Prior to trying Too Faced I was using UDPP (which was horrible for me). Too Faced works way better, but still isn't great for my oily lids.

There was a definite improvement in wearing time and the creasing got better, but still wasn't great.

You only need a tiny, tiny amount or else the product is going to have the opposite effect for you, so at least it lasts you for about 5 months. But make sure to shake the tube before using the primer - it actually separates in the tube because of the oil.

I have since Too Faced switched up to NARS, which works miracles for me. So if you have dry - normal lids, Too Faced is probably going to work for you. If you have oilier lids - I would go with NARS.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this eye primer. I was worried because I have oily lids, so I need to apply some sort of eye primer if I want my eye makeup to last all day, and I heard that this primer wasn't the best for oily skin types. However, I ended up really liking it because it worked well. This primer applies smoothly, and makes my eyeshadows relatively easy to blend, unlike UDPP, which was more like a glue-y consistency and made blending eyeshadows a bit difficult.

The only weird thing about it is that it I think it is oil based, so if you don't use the product for a while and then use it again, you'll get an oily discharge from the tube before the actual primer comes out, which is kind of gross. But with consistent use, this primer is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I love this product! My eyeshadow never creases when I wear it and it really does make lower quality eyeshadows appear more pigmented! Soo good! Except I find mine sometimes seperates, as in oil comes out of the top instead of the product, so I am just hoping it doesn't dry up!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by svntang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works really well as a primer - it makes eyeshadows go on much more vibrant. I don't really mind that it comes in a tube either. I quite like it. What I can't get over is the SMELL! I don't know why no ones ever mentioned this before - I didn't even think to check it, but it smells really bad! It goes away after like 10 minutes, but during that time I could smell the stuff on my eyes. I thought I had a defective tube, so I went back to Sephora, but turns out they all smell like that. I can't really explain the smell - its a sort of chemical fishy smell. I love the performance of this primer, but I will switch over to UDPP after I use this one up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my go to eye primer back in the day, I still think its pretty decent & holds eyeshadow pretty well however I have moved on to my gorgeous cosmetics eye primer. The reason being I just prefer a slightly thicker & more tacky primer. I still think this shadow insurance is a good buy :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by jabonsu76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been switching between my too faced and urban decay primers for several months, and really enjoy both. I would say that the too faced is slightly a lighter consistency with a bit more oily texture. It does the job well.... my eye makeup will last at least 10-12 hours without budging.... works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have really oily lids so my eyeshadow creases after an hour or less without a primer. This stuff gives me about 6-8 hours of crease-free wear, and I like that it's not as "grabby" as the Urban Decay primers I've tried (in other words, blending your eyeshadow is not such a struggle). I let it dry for at least a minute before applying eyeshadow, and I only use a tiiiiny amount--like an 1/8 of a pea size amount. I think it's worth the price because it last forever; I've been using a sample tube for 6 months now and I still have a lot left.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by myrarox123

I just bought this product about a week and a half ago and I LOVE IT! My eye shadow stays all day, creaseless, smudge free and overall brighter! The packaging is great because you can just squeeze it out of the tube, it is expensive, but totally worth every penny!