October 31, 2014 | 1605 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this eye primer. I was worried because I have oily lids, so I need to apply some sort of eye primer if I want my eye makeup to last all day, and I heard that this primer wasn't the best for oily skin types. However, I ended up really liking it because it worked well. This primer applies smoothly, and makes my eyeshadows relatively easy to blend, unlike UDPP, which was more like a glue-y consistency and made blending eyeshadows a bit difficult.

The only weird thing about it is that it I think it is oil based, so if you don't use the product for a while and then use it again, you'll get an oily discharge from the tube before the actual primer comes out, which is kind of gross. But with consistent use, this primer is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I love this product! My eyeshadow never creases when I wear it and it really does make lower quality eyeshadows appear more pigmented! Soo good! Except I find mine sometimes seperates, as in oil comes out of the top instead of the product, so I am just hoping it doesn't dry up!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by svntang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works really well as a primer - it makes eyeshadows go on much more vibrant. I don't really mind that it comes in a tube either. I quite like it. What I can't get over is the SMELL! I don't know why no ones ever mentioned this before - I didn't even think to check it, but it smells really bad! It goes away after like 10 minutes, but during that time I could smell the stuff on my eyes. I thought I had a defective tube, so I went back to Sephora, but turns out they all smell like that. I can't really explain the smell - its a sort of chemical fishy smell. I love the performance of this primer, but I will switch over to UDPP after I use this one up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my go to eye primer back in the day, I still think its pretty decent & holds eyeshadow pretty well however I have moved on to my gorgeous cosmetics eye primer. The reason being I just prefer a slightly thicker & more tacky primer. I still think this shadow insurance is a good buy :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by jabonsu76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been switching between my too faced and urban decay primers for several months, and really enjoy both. I would say that the too faced is slightly a lighter consistency with a bit more oily texture. It does the job well.... my eye makeup will last at least 10-12 hours without budging.... works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have really oily lids so my eyeshadow creases after an hour or less without a primer. This stuff gives me about 6-8 hours of crease-free wear, and I like that it's not as "grabby" as the Urban Decay primers I've tried (in other words, blending your eyeshadow is not such a struggle). I let it dry for at least a minute before applying eyeshadow, and I only use a tiiiiny amount--like an 1/8 of a pea size amount. I think it's worth the price because it last forever; I've been using a sample tube for 6 months now and I still have a lot left.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by myrarox123

I just bought this product about a week and a half ago and I LOVE IT! My eye shadow stays all day, creaseless, smudge free and overall brighter! The packaging is great because you can just squeeze it out of the tube, it is expensive, but totally worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by RaqqStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, it makes eye shadows adhere and stay crease less all day! I used to use the E.L.F. primer and then went to UDPP both worked with keeping my eyes creaseless but didn't necessarily make my eye shadow pop. This doesn't come on completely clear on my skin (ELDW Bronze) it has a beige tint but calms down once it's smoothed out. It can be expensive purchasing it by itself off of Too Faced or Sephora, but I always purchase mine on Ebay or get it in a set from Too Faced. The bottle also lasts very long I've had it for over a year and have used it almost every day and still have some left.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Bex6679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love shadow insurance! I've used many primers over the years and never found one that works as well. Smashbox, Nars, Primer potion... This one actually makes my eye shadow stay put and for hours. I recently also, purchased the one in Candlelight which works just as well, but has that subtle shimmer to it that you can wear it alone as an 'eye shadow' by itself. My morning work schedule is from 7 to 5- which means wake up at 5 get home at around 6. By the time I get home, my eyeshadow still looks like when I first put it on. The packaging is cute and even though its not clear so as to see how much product remains, I've used one up till there was absolutely nothing left- kind of squeezing it like a bottle of toothpaste. I would suggest though, that when you go to use it everyday, squeeze the product out slowly- there's sometimes a bit of watery stuff that comes out, or sometimes, product from last use will remain in the dispenser and shoot right out in a big glob. I have told everyone I know about shadow insurance! Would love to see it maybe become a little cheaper- the amount you get is small- but I will continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was so prepared to love this but somehow I must be allergic to it. My eyes started to feel puffy once I put it on and its still swollen 2 days after :(
Stating this, as insane as I am. I'm going to try this again.