October 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by myrarox123

I just bought this product about a week and a half ago and I LOVE IT! My eye shadow stays all day, creaseless, smudge free and overall brighter! The packaging is great because you can just squeeze it out of the tube, it is expensive, but totally worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by RaqqStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, it makes eye shadows adhere and stay crease less all day! I used to use the E.L.F. primer and then went to UDPP both worked with keeping my eyes creaseless but didn't necessarily make my eye shadow pop. This doesn't come on completely clear on my skin (ELDW Bronze) it has a beige tint but calms down once it's smoothed out. It can be expensive purchasing it by itself off of Too Faced or Sephora, but I always purchase mine on Ebay or get it in a set from Too Faced. The bottle also lasts very long I've had it for over a year and have used it almost every day and still have some left.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Bex6679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love shadow insurance! I've used many primers over the years and never found one that works as well. Smashbox, Nars, Primer potion... This one actually makes my eye shadow stay put and for hours. I recently also, purchased the one in Candlelight which works just as well, but has that subtle shimmer to it that you can wear it alone as an 'eye shadow' by itself. My morning work schedule is from 7 to 5- which means wake up at 5 get home at around 6. By the time I get home, my eyeshadow still looks like when I first put it on. The packaging is cute and even though its not clear so as to see how much product remains, I've used one up till there was absolutely nothing left- kind of squeezing it like a bottle of toothpaste. I would suggest though, that when you go to use it everyday, squeeze the product out slowly- there's sometimes a bit of watery stuff that comes out, or sometimes, product from last use will remain in the dispenser and shoot right out in a big glob. I have told everyone I know about shadow insurance! Would love to see it maybe become a little cheaper- the amount you get is small- but I will continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was so prepared to love this but somehow I must be allergic to it. My eyes started to feel puffy once I put it on and its still swollen 2 days after :(
Stating this, as insane as I am. I'm going to try this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by OmC12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this primer for about 1.5 years now and love it! I've tried just about all name brand primers recommended to me, even the most expensive, but nothing would stop my eyeshadow from creasing really bad. This primer has never creased on me. I put it on in the morning and my makeup will not budge 'til I remove it at night and even then it's still a little struggle to take off... but that's a good thing! It's a soft creamy base with no harsh smell, does sometimes separate and seem runny, but nothing a quick shake of the tube won't fix, it goes on smooth and dries in seconds, plus it's never irritated my sensitive skin. I definitely recommend this to girls with oily lids to at least give this a try and hopefully it works for them as it did for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by glamordie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great. Have tried many many eyelid primers and they always eventually creased on my oily lids.
I put this under my eyeshadow in the morning, and it's still on at night when it's time to take my makeup off.
I've even showered before removing my eye makeup, and when I get out, my eyeshadow is still in place, and not smudged at all!
I love the creamy texture that just glides onto my eyelids.
Will definitely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best primer ever!

There really isn't much to say about this. It does what it promises! All the eye primers I tried were big disappointments. When I got my hands on a sample size of Too Faced Anti-Crease, I didn't have high hopes. But it turned out to be the best thing I ever tried! Creasing shadows no more! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a tube of this maybe 1.5-2 years ago, and I loved it in every way as it kept my eyeshadow on my extremely oil lids for very long time periods (even almost 24 hours on one occasion!). I dont know what possessed me to stop and go buy Mac's paint pot, but whatever, I started using that. One day I had to be out and about for such a long time that I knew Mac's eyeshadow primer would begin to crease on me, so I pulled out this same old tube of Shadow Insurance, squeezed some out, mixed it up with my fingers (since the oils had started to break apart after that long) and used it. The eyeshadow did not come off at all! I had it on from about 8am to 3 am and it did not even have a hint of a crease-that's how amazing it was! The eyeshadows had not budged at all from their spots, had not travelled down, everything looked like new.
I will buy a new bottle as soon as i finish this one

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by conniehe

I was so scared of buying this product!!
Given the fact that where i live there is no sephora or qvc or walgreens or ulta or pretty much anything.. too faced was one of the few brands they sold near me .
I would of prefer to buy the UD primer potion but since i needed a primer ASAP i could afford to wait to order it online.
So i went for the 2nd most hyped about product.
( I have very very VERY oily lids that make powder and cream eyeshadows go away in 3 hours.. even color tattos, paintpots and stuff like that)
I got to say that im very pleased with this!!
It has a more watery consistency that a cream eyeshadow so with a tiny amount you blend it all over your lid.
PROS

- Nice tube that wont break
- Makes my eyeshadow last for an estimate 8 hours
- you dont need much product

CONS

- kinda expensive
- after 4 to 5 uses you will need to shake it up a little bit before applying or you will end up with liquid stuff all over your lid
- watery consistency, if it were more dry it would help oily lids to grab the eyeshadow for longer amount of time.

I would buy it again because it WORKS and have tried so many things before finding one that actually works.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loooove this stuff!! It really helps eyeshadows (low or high end) go on smoother and last all day. It actually works as advertised by Too Faced in that it does intensify the colors of their own eyeshadows. I find it really doesn't have that same effect with other brand eyeshadows though. I have the one in the light blue bottle that has a yellow tone to it and the yellowness cancels some of that reddish purple look on my eyelids. My eyelids are not oily at all so I cant say how it holds up against that. I believe UDPP is the #1 pick for oily lids but I havent tried it since I'm not oily. I swatched UDPP on my hand once and it literally seeped into every crack in my hand (so def not for dry skin)

Anyways, the best trick I learned abut this product was from one of my fave youtube beauty gurus lovemelisamichelle when she used some eye primer underneath her eye. So I tried that with this and it works awesome!!! I have very dark under eye circles and again, the yelllowness cancels some of that out but it really helps my concealer go on smooth and last all day!!! its a miracle.

I wear contacts and have allergy eyes so my eyes water a lot and I rub them. Also, one of my eyes sits in my socket slightly further back and this increases the dark shadow there and that same eye also has some light freckles on the ocular bone which also creates a darker effect that drives me nuts cause the other under eye looks lighter :( This product helps the concealer cling, go on evenly and stay so much better. It worked super great with a Sonia Kashuk stick concealer but that tends to look dry under my eyes after a long day. I've been using Maybelline Fit Me concealer under my eyes for a week and it glides over the primer and lasts pretty darn good too. (Not as long as the drier stick concealer but I'm still happy with the combo)

Side note - if you have allergies to bismuth oxychloride then dont apply this to close to the lash line. I am sensitive to bismuth and it made my eyes (both upper & lower lids) really itch at the lashes when I worked it in. Now I stop right before the lash line and no more itchies. Porblem solved!

Overall, I think this is a definite must-have in any makeup kit, you will get more bang for your buck out of any eyeshadow, and I will for sure buy this again.