September 19, 2014 | 2010 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mixed emotions about this product. I bought Suede and although it's not bad, it's definitely fallible. Then again, I've yet to come across a lip gloss that isn't. It goes on like a gloss but the texture turns more cream-like once it sets in. I love the clever brush/applicator with semi pointed tip for easier application on all parts of the lip. What I dislike is how the product "gathers" or clumps mid lip after 20-35 minutes, leaving a distinct line. I do prep my lips by ex foliating and applying a wax based balm before applying gloss, and the problem occurs with and without lip liner. It's a shame because the Suede color is really nice. I wanted to give the product a 4 but can't do so with a clean conscious.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Suzanna

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am usually a high-end snob and I usually do not enjoy any long-wearing product but as I just purchased my 3rd and 4th of these glosses, I felt the need to chime in with a review.
I have Sangria and Raisin and just bought Truffle and Fiery.
I have very dry lips and all lip products wear off VERY fast on me. These glosses do not dry me out NEARLY as much as any other long-wearing lip product I have ever tried. The color lasts longer than the shine, but it sure does last. I can put it on in a hurry at work and if I glance at myself in a mirror hours later, I still look like I have some color on my lips and they aren't chapped. Works for me! I only wish they were packaged a little smaller and there were more pigmented colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by beautywhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought 2 colors (Sangria and Raisin) and both colors are very nice with subtle shimmer. The smell/taste is much improved from the last time I bought a L'Oreal lip product. I love the applicator, it is way more accurate when doing my top lip and it covers my whole bottom lip in one stroke.

All those good things aside, it's definitely not a 6-hour lip gloss. It lasts longer than most lip glosses but it's not 6 hours. When it wears off it doesn't leave a lip line like most long-wearing lipsticks do so that was a plus. I layer it over lipsense and the 2 together can get me through AM through lunch without touchups.

I would definitely buy this product again, especially when theyre on sale at CVS. I have spent way more on a lipgloss and not liked them nearly as much.

One thing that baffles me is that the top of the cap is a mirror. Yet you have to use the top to apply it so you can't look in the mirror and use the product at the same time. No biggie, I always have another mirror with me but when there's a little label saying "Mirror on cap" it seems like they would make it useable.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by starpantgirl

I was in need of a new lip gloss and this was on sale so I decided to give it a try. I got Raisin & Barely Nude. I didn't notice at the store that the glosses weren't even sealed so when I got home I was a bit shocked. On the 1st day I didn't really have any problems with it. I would say it lasted for about maybe 3 hours tops( I usually reapply after my lunch). On the 2nd day I began to notice it was sticky which annoyed me and I learned if you don't wait until it does dry on yours lips it does come off. I probably did wait a few minutes before I got thirsty and I saw I had lip marks on my cup. Then on the 3rd day I noticed my lips were started to get chapped. Which usually doesn't happen to me. I tend to get chapped lips when it's cold in the fall & winter not in the spring or summer. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and still dislike the stickiness. Honestly I'm debating about tossing the glosses all together because I hate the feel of it on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this product from the recommendation of my BF who is a make-up artist. I told her I was at the drugstore and looking for a good neutral gloss she recommend I try Infallible in 815-Barely Nude. She said this gloss photographs well and looks good on most skin tones.

Im glad I picked it up - I am very pleased with this gloss. Im a matte girl myself, and this gloss is something I normally can not tolerate. I hate the slippery, wet glosses that bleed all over my face and this surely isnt one of those types of glosses. Yes, it is a bit sticky when compared to most sheer glosses, but it must be heavier in order to have some staying power.

This gloss will last me through my morning coffee and my gym workout. I do not have any caking issues, but I do suggest removing it completely before reapplying. It also does not last through eating and will feel gross until you remove it, so I recommended clean reapplication after eating. The oils in foods and some drinks will make it feel separated and very sticky so be cautious of food and drink when wearing this gloss. But since I do water with a straw it does great for me!

I would recommend this project to anyone who prefers matte lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jlcana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Of course the lip gloss is sticky and sticks to your hair if the wind blows, they all do that to me.

That said, this is a pretty good gloss. It lasted about 4 hours on me with fading to a lighter color. I think the applicator is easy as it covers my entire lips with a swoop on each one. I wish it did have SPF in it since it does last a long time on my lips.

Update: Just tried new "8 hour"--doesn't last any longer but what a great color selection! Cherry Crush can be a hint of red or a bright slightly rusty juicy red! LOVE IT!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This could quite possibly be the worst lipgloss I have ever tried. I bought the color Bloom, a pretty light pink shade with shimmer, and when I got home I noticed that this particular L'Oreal product does not come sealed with a shrink-overwrap. So it's not even possible to know if someone has swatched it. I pulled the wand out and was very disappointed to see that slanted doe-foot applicator. It is the reason I did not like the new Lancome glosses that have that same applicator. It took me three or four 'dips' into the gloss to get enough of this Infallible to cover my lips! Within minutes it felt so uncomfortably sticky that I wanted to remove it. I left it on, though, to see if it would really last the 6 hours it promises. I could barely stand the sticky feel, as if my lips were sticking together! A quick check in the mirror showed it migrating to the corners of my lips and caking there. I dabbed with a tissue and eww, the tissue was sticking to my lips!
Needless to say, I returned the gloss to the drugstore where I had purchased it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Looked great and felt great when first put on... THEN it got so sticky and tacky that it felt like glue. My hair blew over my face and it stuck on my lips. Too bad.. it was great the first 5 minutes. I also don't know why Loreal uses such a strong fragrance thats almost perfumey on their lip products. Last thing i want to taste on my mouth is perfume. I hate tacky sticky lip glosses so I won't be wearing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by strokegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product, so much so I bought three. The colors are beautiful in that they are more of a sheer tinted gloss which is very appealing to me (don't see my lips coming a mile away). The slanted applicator is great and very easy to use. There is no smell to this product and there is no burning sensation. Although I can not honestly say that it lasts six hours, it DOES last longer than most glosses without leaving a ring around the outside of the lips as it fades. Very pleased with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MAS520

I'm always hesitant at buying long lasting lip sticks or glosses. They totally dry out your lips and leave you with flakies. Although my lips didn't dry out, this gloss is still a total waste of money. It did NOT last even close to 6 hours! I put it on and figured I should probably avoid smacking my lips... after about an hour and a half I drank out of a straw and game over. It has a thick, sticky consistency, my hair kept sticking... I really hate that! The colors are pretty and look better on me if they're topped over lipstick. I'll probably give the two I bought away and never repurchase.