October 31, 2014 | 1052 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just for reference, I have oily skin that's acne-prone as well as sensitive.
I bought the smaller size of this at Sephora in December and I've been using this as a night moisturizer since then. At first I was scared to put an oil on my face considering my face is oily, but I read so many reviews that I decided to go for it. I use 2-3 drops on my face. I have a big-ish face though! You want just enough so that you feel a kind of resistance when you're rubbing it around your face, that way you won't feel oil-slick for the rest of the evening. I'd start with an even smaller amount and work your way up until you find what's right for you personally. Moving on.
This moisturizes very well. I don't find it breaks me out at all, which amazes me. Someone below was talking about a purging period but I didn't have any of that.
This doesn't have any offensive, artificial smell, which is pretty nice because you don't want to go to sleep with heavily perfumed products all up on your face. Well, at least I don't.
I haven't noticed a giant difference when it comes to my skin, but I'm young so I don't really have any serious wrinkles to treat. I just think this is a nice, simple moisturizer that's good for night-time and works for oily skin. I'd imagine this would be good to use to prevent future wrinkles.
Another thing I really love about this is that, while it is sort of expensive ($14 for a little bottle), a little goes a very long way. I've been using this for around a month and I've barely made a dent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got a sample in myglam bag. I was excited to try cuz i heard so much about its wonders. Well i dont know if it might work better on older people or people that have aging signs already, on my face it just gave me pimples that were not there before on my hair well it did what any other argan oil ive bought at sallys has done. At this point its no miracle for me, maybe as i age and arnt so acneprone it will work, but its too expensive i know theirs other products out therebwith same claims. Buy a sample and see.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by keoneill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's nice oil. Very moisturizing for my skin. I would NEVER repurchase this (the largest size with the pump bottle, which is perfect packaging, at Sephora set me back $96) because it's not more effective than NOW Brand Almond Oil, NOW Brand Grapeseed Oil or NOW Brand Avocado Oil, all which retail for under $10. Instead of using JM Argan Oil, I just use a combo of the NOW Brands for a nighttime moisturizer. Much more cost-effective and has improved my skin MORE than the JM.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Guru4Reviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I applied this to the back of my hand when I first bought this, and within minutes I started to develop an allergic reaction. My skin turned red and blotchy, so I didn't even attempt to put this near my face. It was quite pricey as well. Overall, skip if you are sensitive and I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Sugacube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Argan oil in general is amazing! It's very moisturizing, but super light and absorbs readily! DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT! Brand wise, its okay. But I like to use unrefined extra virgin organic argan oil!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by JennySG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used it for two days and nights and loved the feeling on my skin. I also loved how soft my skin was, thought it was my Holy Grail.
NO. It broke me out like there is no tomorrow. I have 4 cysts on my face right now, two on each side of my nose (nice) one on my cheek and one on my chin. All areas covered!
I am frustrated with myself because I should know better by now.
My opinion is that you should do a test first if you have sensitive acne prone skin.
It's a miracle product for some and a disaster for others like me.
I am using it on my lips at the moment and it works fine as an extra ayer of moisture in this freezing NYC weather.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a deluxe size sample of this in my ipsy bag for January, and I am pleased with it. It's just Argan oil, plain and simple. I love the dropper bottle. I wouldn't purchase this particular oil from this brand because you can buy less expensive Argan oil at a store or online. I will however be refilling this bottle with other Argan oil when it runs out. Sorry Josie-I love it but can get it other places, in more quantity for less. I do love Argan oil- I use it for my hair and skin. Very moisturizing, very lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try this because I have oily acne prone skin that still manages to be sensitive and peeling and flaky!
I tried it one night in desperation because nothing else was working and my whole face was flaking. I was searching through all of my things to find something, anything, that would be hydrating enough to get rid of the flakes when I found a deluxe sized sample of this stashed away.
I washed my face with cetaphil, smoothed 5 drops of this all over my face and part of my neck and went to bed. In the morning I woke up and my skin was NOT tight and there were no flakes! After using every night for a week, I immediately bought the kit that comes with a full size (1.7oz) argan oil and smaller sizes of her other products and I love them all except for her cleansing oil.
Now when I am really dry I smooth the argan oil on and then apply laura mercier tone perfecting cream (a thick rich cream) on top of it for extra hydration and this works really well for me.
In the am I use the spf argan cream from her line, not this oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Got a small bottle of this in a kit. After I ran out I had to get more! It made my eyelashes grow beautifully and some of my acne scars lightened up. Wrinkles were smoothed out and wasnt greasy. Went back to sephora and the big bottle was 58$! I wasnt going to pay that till i saw another kit it came in with a full sized bottle of the oil and a full sized bottle of the foundation that Im loving!! and more sunscreen all for 65$! Got that instead and happy as ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jrr3573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went to Sephora with dry, flaky irritated skin on my chin and spoke with their esthetician. She recommended that I use this moisturizer day and night. It has dramatically helped with the dryness, irritation and my breakouts. It has even done a good job with minimize redness. I really like using natural products on my skin and I will buy this again! I really don't like the price, but you honestly pay for what you get. I bought the travel size for $14.95 to make sure I liked it and a little does go a long ways.