April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clean & Clear - Oil Absorbing Sheets

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would DIE without these, no questions asked. I have EXTREMELY OILY SKIN. I can totally make every inch of a blue sheet totally clear every hour. For all you people complaining about the price, they are $6 around here and I go through atleast 5-6 a day so by 10 days they are gone, but I still wouldn't trade them in for the world. They don't disturb makeup for the most part but because I use them so much it kinda of pushed my powder into my pores and that looks noticeable but still wayyyyyyy better then a red greasy mess. I've never tried any other kinds and i never will because I can't see any doing a better job because these work fine to get that oil off! I wish they were a little bigger, but its a good handheld size so if you whip it out in a resturant its not like ur blotting ur face with some HUGE THING.. but i highly recommend there altho i do no like them without makeup on, they stick to my lotion and the face still looks kinda shiny altho u don't feel anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 2:11:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

Love these! Can't imagine myself w/out some. I have a pack stashed everywhere. They work really well and are even a little bit fun...and a little bit gross to see the blue turn clear when it touches the oil on your face. Well worth the extra bucks. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by meg3847

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It doesn't get better than this for oily skin. Honestly, this is the one beauty product I would continue to buy forever. And I'd argue it really is worth the cost; it works much better than blotting with a tissue or t.p. These things soak up every last bit of oil, leaving my face totally matte again. A tissue can't do that. Plus these blue sheets are more absorbent than your average rice paper blotters. I can use one for my whole face, where I would use 3 pieces of rice paper. And probably the best part is that it doesn't disturb your makeup. It's a much better alternative than reapplying powder throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2006 7:06:00 PM More reviews by EBEB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These sheets are great from taking my face from oily/shiny to matte, especially during the summer. They absorb oil more quickly and easily than a paper towel, napkin, or tissue and there's no powder like there is with other sheets. The "dispenser" feature is great so that you easily get one sheet at a time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2006 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lushybabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I give this a 4 though Id like to give it a zero because its a waste of money. Its a waste only becuase regular toilet paper or tissue do just the same job! I tried tese a few years ago and yes they do absorb oil but it comes back lataer in the day... just the same as if i blot with the toilet paper. Save your money for lunch instead! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2006 4:52:00 AM More reviews by melloly

i used to love these...but like someone else mentioned, using tissues for oil absorption are just as good. these certainly get rid of the shinies, and the price is really good (esp. if you pick them up from HK, where you can get a pack for around Au$2!??). they do have a tendency to wipe off my makeup during the day if im not careful - so i always have to blot infront of a mirror, and i cant apply too much pressure. other than that - these are a pretty good budget find.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2006 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Naomi_47

i used this last year, and didn't like it, it looked cheap in my bag. I like to have blotting paper at Sephora more w/ price 10$ for 100 sheets.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2006 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Adeena62

These used to be my HG blotting tissues. Sadly, I will never buy them again. As another reviewer stated, they have mineral oil in them. Why would you put that on your face? I have never attributed a breakout to these, but why continue to use them when there are tissues just as good (I have recently discovered) that are free from oils? THE PROS: These are really great at soaking up oil. I love the fact that the blue tissue turns darker so you can see just how good they are working. The tissue is almost a thin rubber like substance. They stretch and are more durable than traditional thin tissues. They work without using powder. THE CONS: Mineral oil, they are very tiny. You have to use at least a couple each time you blot. Several for your whole face. They are BRIGHT blue. The packaging could be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 2:52:00 PM More reviews by DeAnna_Phx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this product a lot during the summer (2x a day) but found it a little pricey at .10cents per sheet. Tried other (cheaper) brands but came back to this one - it rocks! I did find a better price on Ebay, tho, so now I stock up.

EDIT: A friend of mine got me hooked on toilet seat covers. Work just as well, and they're free. My co-workers think I'm nuts, tho!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by songjun

I don't use this product anymore because I found that a tissue or napskin worked as well as this oil absorbing sheet. It absorbs oil VERY well and I think it's a good product for the price. I hated looking at it after it's done its job though... all that oil rubbed off of my face... just gross! Well, my final thought is that buying a good blotting powder will eventually save you money because this stuff costs around $3 and runs out pretty quickly. I am thinking about getting MAC blot powder ($17.50) since people are raving about it.