April 19, 2014 | 1837 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by makeup2000

I liked how it contained SPF and it had a good range of colors. It also never turned orange on me. If the makeup had only blended with my skin, I would have liked it. It just sat on top of my face and made my skin look older that it should (I'm 27). Even my husband doesn't like it. When even my husband notices my foundation's quality, it is time to go shopping for a different one. Maybe it works for some people, but not for me. If you have any dry patches, it will make then appear much worse, and it settles into your smile lines too. It looked okay from far away, but not up-close.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kareo

I really like this product. I love that it has an SPF in it and it's very light. It covers very well. I'm not a huge fan of the bottle. it would be nice in a pump. but I'll live. I'll buy it again most likely

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by pepsi520

Very cute bottle, easy to carry for travel. Got it at Rite Aid, buy one get one free. Two products in 1 price, worth to try.
It comes in many color selection that you'll find the perfect match. I bought the N2 for my MAC NC20 skin (I'm Asian, light skin tone). It provides light to medium coverage, depends on how much you apply. It's good because I prefer natural look. It's only 30ml that already can last me a long while. I don't wear liquid foundation everyday (I switch mineral powder and liquid foundation, depends on my mood) so all my foundation could last quite a while. I never buy cosmetic with large amount. It's really a waste to throw them away if you can't finish up within a year or two.
I like it has SPF17 that give me a little more sun protection on top of my SPF25 sunblock. The only drawback is you need to be very careful to pour just enough amount on your palm. If you pour too much, don't pour back to the bottle for hygienic reason. Will not recommend use in summer. Somehow it's still a bit too thick. I rather stay with tinted moisturizer and mineral power for summer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I'd like to say that the color selection is amazing. L'Oreal really upped the drugstore ante by creating such a great range of colors. I got the lightest of the neutral shades, and it is a perfect match for my skin tone. Sadly, that is definitely the product's high point.
My skin is prone to redness and acne, and in the winter that is made worse by ruddy cheeks and dryness on my chin and around my nose. Because of the perfect color match and smooth texture of this foundation, I was hoping to cover these imperfections perfectly. But alas, the dry areas of my face looked sandy, pimples looked patchy, and this sank into every ruddy little crevice and pore it could. This did, however, make the skin on my cheeks, which is pretty flawless compared to the rest of the skin on my face, look completely amazing and slightly dewy, just perfect. I really wish it would do that for the rest of my face!
Now for some reason, there are days when this can look pretty nice and natural on my skin, it just depends on how my skin's behaving, and even then my chin always looks a little off since most of my acne and old scars are there.
The only time I found that I really like this foundation was when I mixed it with Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse to lighten that foundation up a bit.
In the end, I'm sort of indifferent to this product. I won't be purchasing again, but I will continue to use what's left of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Anjuchan

I've been looking for a good foundation for a while now, and this is it! All of the other brands I've tried have made the area around my nose horribly flaky but not so with this. It also matches my skin tone perfectly and was smooth. A perfect buy! I will be repurchasing this item again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by smuggie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted so badly to like this - the shade range and way my shade (W2) matched my skintone exactly, and of course, the accessibility and price! (To be fair, CDN price seems to be $13 to $16 per bottle... take that as you will, but for me, it is relatively low-cost.)

However, using it for about two weeks (to give the benefit of a doubt!), I've found that it turns my dry-cheeks-and-ever-so-slightly-oily-T-zone into a greasy, pimply mess.

The bottle is awkwardly shaped: being too small to dip a foundation brush, you have to sort of blot some out, or pour it out. I believe you end up wasting quite a bit because of this. However, the size of the bottle was attractive to me - it would be terrific for travel.

The foundation also rubbed off very easily, even when setting with various powders. Made a nasty, gooey mess of my BlackBerry screen.

So, aside from the fair colour match, this is not a good foundation choice. I'm returning what I bought and will, of course, not buy again.

Back to my HG, CoverFX, in spite of the cost!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by roaker

Well i must say I am surprised i bought this again. I used it about five years ago. I decided to try it again. When I put this on with my prescriptives foundation brush, it looks great. Recently I took a chance and was using powder foundation. My skin started to get too dry. I will continue to use this for while. I still am on the hunt for the perfect foundation for me. I have never found it. I have tried alot of them. EDIT: Just stopped using this all together. There is really nothing great about this foundation. No staying power really.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by shimmersparkle

This review is for L'Oreal True Match foundation. This is a liquid foundation with light to medium coverage. I like the fact that is has a SPF 17 sunscreen incorporated in it. The colour N5(beige) is not an exact match for my skin but can be used. The foundation blends well and is easy to use. However a major negative point was that it caused my skin to break out a little, especially if I kept it on for a longer time.Also the range could do with more shades as very few shades are available here in India.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sharonaemy

So far, this is the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. I bought it today and took the lightest colour I could find : R1 Rose Ivory which turned out to be perfect because it was light ENOUGH ! It had been almost impossible for me to find a d/s foundation that carried shades light enough for my skintone so that's a major plus. It's not the cheapest d/s foundation around, but it's cheap enough (around 14 bucks where I live).

It has good medium coverage, doesn't make your pores look bigger. So far, it hasn't broke me out either, it's not scented, does not feel heavy at all - when you touch your skin after applying it, it kind of feels like you've applied powder instead of a liquid.
It hasn't oxidized yet either, I hope it'll stay that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by elleokay

This is the best drugstore foundation for color choices! I did have a good match (when I still had a tan) and the coverage was decent. It did oxidize somewhat, which wasn't that bad when I was darker, but it concerns me now that I'm embracing the pale. However, I stopped using it because it broke me out horribly.