L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/10/2010 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

If you have 'mature' skin or any flakies, this is not the foundation for you. It dries down to a powder-like consistancy that settles into and excentuates every expression line. The coverage is too light to even out my skin tone.
Maybe this would work for young skin that may be a bit on the oily side, but definitely not for me.
Color W3 is similar to NW25, but a bit more yellow.

on 2/8/2010 10:48:00 PM

I never, ever, ever wear makeup. That said, my best friend Elena introduced me to this in Sept. I didn't even know she wore makeup. I tried her shade and it looked natural on me. She said she used it to 'even things out' so I ran out and bought my own in a cool/fair shade. I use a brush and only apply it where necessary (around the nose, under my eyes) and it blends like a dream. My bf hates, hates, hates makeup and has never noticed that I'm wearing this. When I wear it to my parent's house, my dad will comment on how nice my skin looks (I tend to break out, even at 31, and this works to cover even those little blemishes naturally). I am sold on this stuff. It lets you look like you, but better!

on 2/8/2010 5:58:00 PM

Not impressed.

I have very pale skin with a warm undertone, so foundations are often too pink or orange for me. The color is perfect. The problem is that the foundation turns chalky almost instantly (I put it on and watched), settles into and in fact CREATES fine lines around my eyes and is just masklike, obviously heavy (esp in sunlight! or in fact any light, the texture is just gross) and makes me look 15-20 years older.

I have very dry skin (with eczema on my eyelids at times), so I think this product really only works for people with oily skin. The coverage is ok but it doesn't matter with the chalky texture and mega-fineline exaggerating.

Using a primer with this product didn't work either, same nasty effect.

on 2/8/2010 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This was awful for my oily skin, I saved the receipt and took it back to CVS for a refund.

on 2/8/2010 12:04:00 AM

did not like this product at all- it looks greasy, accentuates pores, & has poor coverage. It went straight in the trash :(
I'll keep the HG of drugstore foundations: revlon colorstay

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this foundation!!! Okay so tonight is actually the first time I've ever used it but I think I just might be in love. Normally I use MAC NC20 or Revlon Colorstay but I didnt have time to go to MAC and the drugstore was out of the Revlon so I grabbed this in N2 and I love it!!!! It blended fabulously & feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. It's not a full coverage, more like medium but that's fantastic for me. Hopefully it doesnt clog poors & cause breakouts in the future, I do with the bottle had a pump and it's a bit on the pricey side for drugstore 10$ but still much cheaper than MAC and doesnt feel nearly as heavy. As of today I LOVE IT!

on 2/5/2010 3:49:00 PM

If you're looking for a foundation to match your skin tone, True Match is right for you. They have a wide variety of shades for every skin tone and even bases it on skin undertone. It's almost impossible to not find your shade with this foundation.

The product itself does not change colors after you apply it or after a whole day. It's very fluid as well, so application is better with a sponge or a brush but also presents a greater need for a pump. Staying power is average as it still transfers on clothes or tissue when you blow your nose. Coverage is medium to full and eliminates the need for concealer under the eyes, minor blemishes, and some redness. The finish is close to powdery but leaning more on satin finish.

For those with oily or normal skin, this is suitable. However, those with dry skin may experience more dryness or, in my case, foundation setting into dry patches.

on 2/4/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all i have a very oily T-zone and my skin is quite yellow so i find it impossible to find a colour match in most brands. This is a good foundation for someone will normal skin, unfortunately for me it slides straight off my nose in a few hours, that's even with oil free Smashbox primer and i work in an air conditioned office. I found that it also comes off easily if i touch my face, i tend to touch my eyebrews to make sure they're straight and i wiped the foundation straight off from the area. For an oil free foundation it felt a bit greasy on my skin, even once i had put powder over the top. In terms of colour it is very good, large selection to choose from - i have Natural Beige and its suites my yellow skin fairly well. The price is very reasonable and it doesn't take much product to cover my whole face. Not a good foundation for oily skin girls, but would be great for someone who is slightly drier

on 2/3/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I first wanted to try this out after I heard it was a staple in Dita Von Teese's makeup bag. I am super pale so I have a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin tone. This is hands down my favorite drugstore foundation. It has a creamy, heavier texture, but it blends really well. I have a problem applying this in one layer that gives me flawless coverage, so I do two thin layers and my skin looks near perfect, sans concealer. I also found that applying it this way doesn't feel as makeup-y.

The range of shades is incredible! I've so far used two bottles of C1 (for the winter when I'm paler), and N1 (for the summer when I'm ever so slightly tanner).

One star off for the annoying packaging. I hate the screw-top bottle- it makes the amount of foundation used really hard to control.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has to be one of the worst foundations that I have tried. I was using ColorStay and wanted to try this since there is such a wide range of colors.

However, after one week of using it, my skin is flaking off, and I have a rash like appearance on my face. I can't tell if it is acne or what but this is the only new thing I have been using. Even my husband asked me what was wrong, because he said it looked like I had the mumps or something!

It has minimal coverage and settles into every single line on my face. I'm only 34 so it isn't like have a lot of them YET but it ages me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials