November 27, 2014 | 1553 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by susanmariesmith

This is THE WORST foundation I've ever tried. I bought this based on Beautypedia recommendation. Should have looked at MUA before purchase. Color N2 is awful. It looked OK in the bottle, but was noticeably pink when I put it on my hand. Had an awful greasy/powdery feel....strange combination! Both color & texture were VERY obvious on my face. Thankfully, I purchased at CVS & will be able to get a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by gem15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ick!! This product is terrible. It does not blend, it just stays on top of skin like this gross layer of greasiness. Yes, you can certainly match your skin tone, however, that's beyond the point when you can't blend it in so it looks NATURAL. There is no way in hell Eva Longoria and Beyonce actually use this in real life. It also broke me out a lot. Maybe it would work differently for someone with normal or dry skin, however if you have combo, oily or acne prone skin stay far FAR away!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

This is the first liquid foundation I tried and I am not completely satisfied. I had high expectations since I heard many good things about this product. I'm not saying it's not okay.. maybe it just did not suit my needs. First, coverage is not seamless, it's quick drying so you have to be fast when applying. I got the G3 bottle since the saleswoman told me that it's the shade that would suit those with yellow undertone. As promised by L'oreal it would adjust to your skintone to match it perfectly.. that remains true. I had no problems whatsoever with the shade and good news that it has many shades to choose from. Remember that this is an oil-based foundation and if you're naturally oily it would bleed and would make you oil more. But for those with dry skin as me this foundation would work just fine. Also, I think it did not break me out in any sense.. but will edit if it does in the future. I will not repurchase as I still have a long way to go.. I'll go for the MUFE HD foundation next! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by enfantmignon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years and years and years, though I rarely use it as a full on foundation. I mix this with my Olay Complete face lotion for something more like a tinted moisturizer. Okay, this sounds a bit gross but eventually the foundation gets caked in the bottle's cap--this is what I use for concealer. Weird, gross--but effective. And efficient! It doesn't seem to aggravate my acne-prone skin, but I don't wear makeup every day. I wear N1 in the winter and N2 in the summer. Both shades work well for me but if I cake it on it gets orangey--not pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I have a genuine appreciation for this foundation. About five years ago when I was first started using liquid foundation regularly, this is waht converted me. I was a powder only girl for quite a while. Then I tried this and was very inpressed. The consistency is sublime. It goes on very smoothly and the coverage is great. It evens the appearance of your skin tone and covers blemishes very well. I love that it isn't too heavy. I have VERY sensitive skin and am forced to be VERY picky about foundations. A lot of them break me out, clog my pores and cause me to become more oily. I had no irritation with this. I switched over to the now defunct H.I.P. foundation, also by L'oreal. After using true match for a long time that became my HG! Then they discontinued it and I had to stock up on it like I was preparing for the makeup apocolypse! When I finish my bottles of L'oreal H.I.P., I will certainly go back to using this. Their color selection is fantastically extensive. True Match, H.I.P. and Chanel's Mat Lumiere are the only foundations I'll let touch my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Gogogo

I have an incredibly difficult skintone to match, and for some reason this looks fine when applied in the morning but masklike later on! I'm really choosy with my foundations however, and am totally put off by anything with what I feel is too much of a matte finish (it feels unnatural!) so I won't be buying this again because it made me seem really pale and was difficult for me to blend. The shade range is great though, I just wish they had testers like they did back home in Canada! I asked the lady at Fred Meyer why they had no testers, and she told me 'To stop spreading contageous diseases like AIDS!'...Really?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mscherriez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Simply the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried!!! I have it in C2 and it matches my skin tone perfectly. The coverage is lite to medium depending on how you use it. It's buildable, very sheer and it blends beautifully (for a smoother application use a foundation brush). It doesn't clog my pores or break me out (and I have really sensitive skin) and its staying power is quite good. Looks natural and covers all reddened areas of my skin and blemishes. It's also very affordable so I don't see anything stopping me from buying this foundation again! :))

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by shells08

i find this to be a great drugstore liquid foundation. it has a wide color selection, blends in very easily, and doesn't feel heavy on the face. even if you pick the wrong color, it seems to just blend into the skin. it give a light-medium coverage without being cakey. i find that it covers redness and imperfections while still allowing my freckles to shine through and not make it look like i have a face full of foundation on. it doesn't seem to be the best at oil-control, but a pat of an oil blotting paper takes care of that for me. overall, a good buy

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Anjelpal

I'm still iffy on this one, I wanted to try some different Liquid foundations than my regular one to just switch it up. So I thought hey let me try this since it seems good.
But no, I didn't find my match & everytime I wore it my mom kept giving me a weird look at kept saying there was something wrong with my face. haha then I told her I used a different foundation and she said she didn't like it at all. So did my husband he said it just didn't look that natural.
The consistency of it was too thick than the other product I use and it doesn't go good with blending cause the thickness made it hard to blend easily before it dried. Not something I would want to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Bups

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am loving this product. I have rosecea and need to cover the red patches on my cheeks but I don't like heavy coverage.

This goes on nice and light, I don't feel it at all and usually covers the red in one pass - sometimes needs a little more in those areas - but it still doesn't look dry/chalky - remember to use moisturizer 1st!

I bought from Shoppers Drugmart in Canada and had the beautician match the colour for me.

She used a round foundation brush and stippled it on instead of stroking and the results are amazing!

I bought the round brush (Lise Watier), the True Match foundation, matching pressed powder and concealer.

Paid approx. $13 each foundation & powder, concealer was $9.