July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by spookycat

I gave this one star instead of none at all, because it's been one of the only foundations I've ever found that matches my pale skin.
However, I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this made it break out really bad. Also, it doesn't look as natural as I'd like it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a love hate relationship for this foundation. This foundation gives decent coveration, and also a dewy finish. It would be much better if this foundation came with a pump, I always end up wasting product. To me this foundation sort of of feels weird on the skin, like it kind of feels a bit greasy. If i touch my face during the day it would feel like grease on my face. Its kind of gross. I will continue to use this foundation up, but I don't think I will be repurchasing anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ayukawa7m

I bought this fdtn because of the high ranking review. It does doing a good job, light weight, won't set into pores and fine lines, HOWEVER, just like other reviewers said, it does tend to oxidize after a few hours' application. One time I went to school and after 3 hours' of class, my face turned orange and I dare not to use it again! (It's just too shameful that my face turned darker and darker in front of all the classmates!) Although I like its glowy finish and not seeing into my huge pores, I decided not to buy it again. If it's not for it's oxidizing, it could be my HG liquid fdtn.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by camo4mamo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation in the winter, and it's very very very pale on me. It makes me look like a ghost now that it's summer - just a tip, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that this foundation matches your FACE. My wrist happened to be lighter than my face. Anyhow, that out of the way, I love this foundation. It has the most amazing build able coverage I have seen in a foundation. And trust me, I've tried a lot. I don't even need a concealer with this. It covers my blemishes better than my MAC products and Bare Minerals. I definitely recommend it. The only downfall is it can make your blemishes look a little drier then they actually are, and it doesn't last too long without a primer, but otherwise, I love this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by iloveyourlips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wore this for around a year because I was too lazy to look for a new foundation - ha! It can be a stressful task - but now that I have my new foundation (Studio Gear Matte - HALLELUJAH) I can see several flaws in this...

First of all, it doesn't last. Initial application is smooth but it quickly disintegrates and dissolves into your skin and/or wipes off with any accidental contact. Powder may have helped to set it better.

Second, it quickly loses its powder finish and becomes greasy (in my case, in my T zone). Again, powder may have cured this as well.

Third, it wasn't buildable. You couldn't add any layers because it caked up a bit.

The bright side is that this seemed to work great for my sensitive skin! That's why I used it for so long. For drug store foundation this stuff really is not bad at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by metacognition

I was not very happy with the foundation. I did pick the wrong color for my skin, so maybe I would be more satisfied if I had the right match. Anyway, I tried this on then looked at it in natural light. It felt heavy, kind of gross, and very thick on my skin. It felt like I was wearing a mask.

I guess I should stick to mineral makeup and concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cricardo

I was disappointed with this foundation. While it does go on smoothly and covers pretty well, the coverage doesn't last. Within a few hours the makeup starts to pill up/flake around my mouth so that it becomes obvious that I have makeup on. Every time I touch my face there is visible transfer of this product. Even worse, I can actually feel that I have makeup on because of the uncomfortable way the liquid sits on the skin. Be wary of the 'matches 95% (or something along those lines) of skintones' claim- I'm somewhere between a 2 and a 3, but the warm and neutral are too yellow and the cool shade makes me look a bit grey and washed out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by varindamichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down, one of the best foundations i have ever used, though i dont use it anymore (because i dont wear foundation anymore). It is a very lightweight formula with great covering results. It glides on very well, the only downside is i had to be very careful when pouring it out because it would pour if not

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 6:25:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale. At first after I tried it once it went straight on the shelf because the shade seemed too light for me (N2).

Only recently I realized that it matches fine in winter as long as I wear blush to give a bit of colour to my face.

About the product: I don't mind the packaging. It does blend extremely well. It is great at coverring blemishes and redness and looking airy and light at the same time. I would call it liquid to powder foundation. It has a really matte powdery finish. It horribly accentuates my dry spots. You have to have a perfectly moisturized and exfoliated face to wear this otherwise it will show! It lasts fine for the day as I don't have oily skin.

Having said that, I will not buy this or any other L'oreal product again because of animal testing!!! I purchased this product before I found out!!!
How cruel and senseless from such a rich company that has all the means to buy new technology available for testing!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this foundation since I was 14. 21 now. I don't normally wear this anymore. I prefer primer, concealer, and powder. This foundation does not work over moisturizer and most primers. It feels drying and shows any flakes so skin needs to be well exfoliated but not with harsh cleansers.
Coverage:
The colour match and coverage are far superior to Colorstay and Studio Fix which is why I'll still use it when my skin is horrible or nothing else will match. You won't need concealer.

Photography/lighting:
It needs to be blended well to prevent a very powdery finish that forms white dots over pores and flakes. It can streak. If you have trouble with this, blend out with a kabuki after applying. This is a strange foundation. It's mainly due to the high amount of Titanium Dioxide which makes it react to light. This causes it to be horrible for flash photography. The photos end up being overexposed and the face shines like a giant headlight no matter how matte. It's great for looking flawless at night. In the day it is too heavy and looks like powder under sunlight.

Wear:
This foundation also takes a while to settle to a normal finish. It starts out extremely matte for the first couple hours, looks normal for an hour then separates into a blotchy oil slick which cannot be fixed with a spray, blot tissues, and/or powder. A full reapplication is required after it separates. It's never broken me out and I'm allergic to just about everything, including aloe.

Colour reference:
I'm W2 in this. I was W1 and then started going out into daylight! NC15 in MAC is a wee bit too dark and drab for me so it's reserved for flash photog at night. I find NW15 concealers to be too pale/unnatural. Cargo's F10 is too light. MUFE Lift in 1, Full Cover in 2.

Application:
To wear this in the daylight without looking artificial, apply it as you would a concealer. To keep it from caking under eyes, apply your eye cream over the foundation, patting on a thin layer to blend. It will still be thick but won't become canyon/cracked leather city.

When skin is dry:
This can't be thinned out with water or moisturizer but it can be "aerated" to make it spread in a thinner layer. In a film canister, old foundation bottle, or other small clean container with a tight lid, deposit a few drops of the foundation with the same amount of water, shake well, carefully drain the water, the foundation will be much easier to apply and look more natural.