L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/25/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my foundation of choice, 100%. Powder foundations don't work very well on me, so I always get the liquid foundations. I got Warm 5 sand beige, and it matched my skin PERFECTLY. It feels light as air and covers all my little marks and imperfections. Dont put too much on or itll look cakey >.< i recommend usong your fingers to blend, not a sponge. I can even use this foundation as an undereye concealer. I give this 2 thumbs up!

Pros: Personaly, I quite liked this foundation. Smooth texture, huge color selection, excellent coverage, pretty natural seemingly good quality for price, I'm acne-prone and this didn't make me break out.

Cons: I'm seeing that this makes people with sensitive skin break out. I'm reading through the ingredients (yes, the obscure chem too) and I'm really not sure why. Also, no SPF

on 2/23/2010 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product when i was unemployed and ran out of my normal foundation, had to go cheaper. did some research and decided to purchase this...big mistake looked cakey and i broke out immediatley.. i did note this as 5 for expensive based on what you got for your money..and what i got was broken out skin...

on 2/23/2010 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colors do blend very well and matches my skin tone. This foundation did make me break out. It didn't stay long either. I feel it kind of slides of my face. I need a foundation that is going to last 12+ hours and this is just not it.

on 2/22/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have never, ever liked foundation since 7th grade when I first started playing with it...it's always felt thick and heavy, even if it was put on over a moisturizer and very thinly coated w/a brush it still felt gloppy to me. So I didn't touch foundation, ever, literally, in 8 years... now that I'm 25 and with a bit of ruddiness on my chin and around my nose where I'm forever picking at blackheads I figure I'd give it a go on a friend's recommendation. After scouting makeupalley.com for the highest rated ds foundation I figured I'd five this stuff a go. And I'm super-glad I did!!

For 7 bucks I picked up what is now going to be my HG foundation! I used the swatch thingie that Walgreens had attached to the True Match display, and it turned out I matched "N2" I thought this would be too light, but figured I'd give the swatch a try, and it was 100% correct!!

At 7:30 AM I put on my aveeno complexion-clearing foundation, let it soak in, and then dotted the the true-match foundation on with a cosmetic sponge, mainly on my forehead, nose, and chin, with a little bit on my cheeks- it blended in super-well just using the sponge- no streaking, no patches, no blotches, no nothing..except perfectly flawless, even skin. After letting it soak in while I brushed my teeth, I finished it off with a bit of cover girl powder just to set it. The result? My makeup stayed on all day, and looked flawless until I took it off at 8 PM.

I have noticed a mild breakout on my chin since I started using this, but it could just be hormonal, so I'm going to give it another month- but that's the only reason it's got 4 lippies and not 5. Thankfully it's just small whiteheads and not nasty cystic pimples.

Use the swatch tool- you might think it's too light, but I'm willing to bet it will match you perfectly...

EDIT: every now and then this makeup can slip and slide around your nose and mouth- so make sure you really let your moisturizer set before you put it on.

on 2/22/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My only real problem with this foundation is that it doesn't last very long. But I seem to have a very hard time getting any foundation to stay put. :) It's very easy to build coverage. Overall, I do like it. Not horribly expensive. They also have a great color selection. I would buy it again.

on 2/21/2010 9:04:00 PM

The texture of this foundation is great, and it feels practically weightless. Unfortunately, the packaging makes the shade look WAY darker than the shade actually is. So, unfortunately, I can't wear this foundation out much, because it's really pale. It also doesn't look good with my bronzer, in my opinion, because it makes it look orange! All in all, a pretty good feeling. But they might want to work on making sure that the shade you see is actually the shade you get. I would buy this product again, just a few shades darker.

on 2/19/2010 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I would say that this foundation is just okay. I like that it was rather easy to find the correct color for my skin tone. I don't like the bottle, I wish it had a pump. The formula isn't too thick so this isn't going to give tons of coverage if that's what you are looking for. It also has a bit of shimmer to it, which helps to give a nice glow. I don't know if it's just me or what... but if I use too much of this product it tends to oxidize around midday. Not cute. But when I apply a light application it looks nice. In the summer I don't use this one because I get too oily around midday. It's great for using in the winter or colder climates.

EDIT: Hate this stuff. It breaks me out. I used this for a week straight as I was trying to finish the bottle and found that this product was the culprit. Will never buy again. Went to the trash.

on 2/16/2010 4:17:00 PM

I absolutely love the texture of this makeup. I have skin that is not exactly dry, but is on the tight side, and this was very comfortable. I like the buildability of it and the smooth finished texture!!! Was sad to realize the colors I bought just were not right!! I am an NC20 in MAC, and after buying a few shades I realized I am an in between color in Loreal True Match. After returning the shades, I realized that the Loreal website has a foundation shade matching chart, but they listed no match for my MAC shade. Use this chart to compare your current foundation and it will tell you which Loreal shade to buy. If you find a match, definately go buy it. I like that the bottle was compact too, but still had a wide mouth so when you got to the dregs at the bottom they would be easy to scrape out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product has moderate to good coverage and blends in perfectly with my skin. I have sun beige W6! I don't like spending much money on foundation so the price was fairly good.

Video Reviews & Tutorials