La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 8/2/2003 8:28:00 PM

I have normal/dry skin and this creme works great on me. I've been using it for 2 months and my overall complextion improved, pores minimized, and acne residues lightened. I use it every night after EL ANR.

on 7/30/2003 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

On my 2nd bottle (with a 3rd "in stock"). I have dehydrated (a/c 24 hrs; not enough fluids), combo skin that leans toward being oily. I loved this stuff during the cooler months and thought I'd have to put it away during the summer. Well, it's almost August and I'm still using it. My DH says I wake up with a glow (I use it at night only). However, CDLM doesn't "recondition" the skin. Stop using the product, no lasting effect :(

*****01/24/04*****Update: After using this product for over a year, I still rate it highly, but I do not use it every night due to milla under the eyes (which MD Forte is very effective in getting rid of :)...My mom is the happy new owner of my 3rd bottle & she is thrilled. I'm happy to use what I have to "treat" my skin when it needs a little extra TLC (ie dullness, broken skin*****my skin honestly HEALS faster with CDLM...I won't be without it!) ME: 35 MOM: 57

on 7/28/2003 7:33:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I got in a car accident about 2 years ago and started using this to help repair a 6 inch long scar running across my forehead. Not only did the creme dramatically reduce the appearance of my scar (even my doctor was amazed!) but it cleared up all acne and drastically improved the overall tone and quality of my skin. I found it best to use it as a nightly moisterizer, and then use the oil absorbing lotion during the daytime. I wouldn't want to live without it!!!

I love this cream! It's very heavy and I think lots of people don't like it because they apply it incorrectly. It's important to rub a pea size in between your fingers first and then simply pat it lightly on your face. When people say they feel like they put butter on their face, that is because they used way too much. I have acne-prone skin and since I started using this cream, I haven't had nearly as many breakouts and it makes my scars less visible from past acne. It also gives your skin a sexy glow! I would recommend this product to anyone, but you should try a sample size first! I think it's one of those products that is different for everyone depending on their own skin. Some people love it, some people hate it!

on 7/26/2003 11:00:00 PM

This product is horrible..I can't believe I spent money on it, it is way too rich and it broke me out...Will never buy it again...

on 7/26/2003 10:12:00 PM

I would love to say that this product is all hype. However, after using it for over a year - I can't imagine using anything else. I grew up on a lake - so my skin was starting to show sun damage. Religiously using the La Mer serum and original creme has done more to minimize fine lines than a year of prescription strength retin-A and other heavy duty moisturizers. My largest wrinkle was on my forehead - it's pretty much gone.. as are most of my other small lines. I love this product - and I say, the proof is in the pudding (even though I hate that silly saying)

on 7/26/2003 2:04:00 AM

CDLM is nothing more than an overhyped moisturiser. The fragrance was mild and not overpowering, but does not serve to veil the odor of the seaweed or whatever it was used to brew this cream. Did absolutely nothing for me - did not moisturise my drier cheeks and threatened to break me out on the T-zone. Would not go near it again!

on 7/24/2003 10:09:00 AM

i wish this came in a squeeze tube instead. i have had a 2 oz jar for a year and use it almost daily. i have about 30% left, this stuff is expensive but has lasted me a long time.

anyway, i ended not using this product for a month and my skin got dry and splotchy. once i started using it again , i got my baby smooth peaches n' cream complexion back and my small pimples went away in 4 days.

this stuff is expensive and it very oily like everyone says, but my skin is at it's best. i am willing to pay for this and this jar will go over a year.

on 7/24/2003 1:12:00 AM

Out of all the la mer products I like this on the best, even though i have combo -oily skin... I use it as eye cream at night, and to put on when my skin gets stressed or occasionaly dry... it does provide a great deal of moisture.. i can't say whether it works on lines and wrinkles cause i have none. So I think I will Keep This one.

on 7/23/2003 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I agree with the MUA users! I was intriqued by all the hype, so when I got a sample from Neiman Marcus I decided to try it! Well, it made me break heavily and did nothing. Am I glad I didn't like it because it is absurdly expensive at $1,000.00 prices!