April 24, 2014 | 1834 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2003 2:48:00 PM More reviews by wruw

After reading all the reviews, I bought samples of CDLM off of eBay and waited with breathless anticipation mixed with dreaded horror. However, I have been very delighted with this product. I agree with other reviews that there are other less expensive products on the market that work just as well. Having said that, it is more expensive to experiment with all the products out there (I should know, I've used Chanel, Sisley, Perricone, Origins, Laszlo, etc) and can create skin problems that weren't there yet. My skin was already very healthy (perhaps from my latest Perricone stint), and this did give some improvement. I'm still happy with my skin and I like this product alot. Is it a miracle? Not sure. I know it did not wreak havoc on my skin at all and simply just made my skin smoother and softer. I believe in rotating lines and so I'll definitely keep this (and the serum) in my beauty routine. UPDATE: I really love this moisturizer. My skin is just perfect! It worked faster than NV Perricone did and completely works. Definitely recommend using the serum with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2003 8:12:00 PM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave this product my usual 30-day trial for the sake of relevance.
I am 42, use Retin-A, have fine lines and deep ones that I get Botox injections for.
I had recently increased the strength of my Retin-A and got VERY dry and flakey. I figured that this was a good time to try something so heavy-duty. Indeed, it got rid of the flakes just fine.
As the weeks went on and my skin normalized it occured to me that just about any very rich cream would do about the same. There are no magical qualities here. I don't care how long you rub it between your fingers. It's a good cream, and that's all. This is an old product. So much new science has come out since it's "invention." There are so many products that have proven results with science to back them up.
I am not wealthy, but price is no object when it comes to my skincare. This just isn't "the one". The high price shouldn't make us feel that it's something special.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2003 11:52:00 PM More reviews by SarahBrat

At first I thought I would buy this product again but my PC crashed before I finished writing the review and I had some time to think about it while it rebooted and the answer is no. Why? Well, I thought I'd buy it again if I ever became rich, but then I remembered I ought never forget the value of a dollar and the effectiveness of a good diet and plain old vaseline on skin. So, although this stuff does really moisturize skin, it does not improve tone or texture nor does it seem to heal sun-damaged skin. What you're paying for is just plain old moisturizing. And you are paying A LOT. TOO MUCH. I ordered some on ebay and when they arrived, the containers were so tiny I thought it was some kind of joke. This is gimmick. This stuff does not cost that much to make and yet the high price and "prestige" keep it selling well. My advice? Save the money for some nice organic fruits and veggies and apply vaseline to still-damp under-eye area and anywhere else dry with no oil spots. Trust me, the ONLY things that will make your skin glow are fruits and veggies (fresh) and lasers and retinoic acids. Just my two cents worth...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2003 9:58:00 PM More reviews by natjoshi

Nice and simple to use and very nice for very dry skin and especially around the eyes. I do wish it wasn't that expensive. Works much better if you rub it a while between your hands before patting it on, goes on much smoother. A little goes a long way. For that price I wish it had a better package than this ugly white jar. Nice treatment moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2003 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Sora2420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I have combo skin I used this thick cream in the evening and when I woke up in the morning, it made my skin glow and supple. The cream is very thick and wouldn't recommend using more than a pea size of it at a time. I stopped using it and gave it to my sister who has dry skin. I just don't see myself spending so much money on another jar of it. Once was enough for me. I am on to DHC olive oil which has no fragrance at all. Great product. Best to try a sample before buying the jar like me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After all the mixed reviews I read, I decided I'd better try a sample...and at first I thought it was going to live up to the hype. My skin was noticeably smoother & my skin tone more even, but it's a bit pricey for every day use, and after using it awhile I find it does makes me break out. I'll be looking for an alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2003 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Jesh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lives up to its name most certainly...its a fab moisturizer BUT its really too heavy. I live in singapore n its SOOOO hot here...so I cant use it during the day at all. but wen i use this wen i sleep, i wake up with fab, smooth skin. i think it also lightened a few of my acne scars n i've only been using this for abt i and a half weeks...i love it. I'm gonna get thier oil absorbing lotion to replace this though....but really...fab product...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2003 2:39:00 AM More reviews by AstRo_Girl

My older friend reccommended it for my acne(she uses it for fine lines and adores this cream). After reading the story about how a nasa scientist came up with this formula I thought at last a cure for my acne. I liked the clean scent and found it to be lightly greasy, but it made me breakout a little more. Now I'm using it as an eye cream which works great. Not reccommended for teenagers but I think I would repurchase in the far future when I'm dealing with fine lines

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2003 5:23:00 PM More reviews by jijigirl

I got sucked into all the hype about this product, and bought it. It's an OK eye creme, but that's about it. I'd recommend holding on to those dollars and buying a great purse or pair of shoes, because if you purchase this "miracle creme," you will regret it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Bernard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YUK ! Another expensive cream with mineral oil in it (check out the ingredients on the pot). Left a horrible nasty oily feeling on my skin.

For a product range so expensive, I would expect essential oils of rose and jasmine in here, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, and shea butter to be somewhere in the cream.

Expensive tat in my opinion !