September 2, 2014 | 2031 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by hottiest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good creme for people who got dry skin ..i got oily skin and i get pimple very easy this product contains too much oil in it and it made me feel so glossy
and gave more pimples! really!
i had to apply a very little dot for the whole face this product disappointeded me badly it wasnt that miracle like everyone said and i wont buy it again :( now i'm still using the rest of it as a night eye cream ...i dont like this brand at all but
they hav a 'very good' cleansing gel!!! trust me! u should buy it rather than this funny creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 12:24:00 PM More reviews by tyleka

I must confess that I used to be one of those "abusers" who all during college, went to bed with their makeup on *gasp*, wore no spf, didn't really have a skin care regimen. Now that I've grown up I have to admit I am a La Mer addict. At first, it started with the serum, then the creme, then the oil-absorbing moisturizer, then the regular moisturizer, then the gel cleanser, and now I am looking for a reason to spend a ridiculous $275 on The Concentrate. I will not, however, spend the money for the toner, deconstructed waters or not! I use the serum everyday. In the wintertime I use the Moisturizer in the daytime and the Creme at night. In the summer, I use the Oil-absorbing lotion and the regular moisturizer at night. Though it is expensive, I would much rather pay money for something I know works, than spend tons of money on cheaper products that may be hit or miss. I know some people have said that the Creme de la Mer is an over-priced Nivea Creme, but I have tried both the American and Europen version of Nivea, and there is no comparison. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it. This is my face/ eye / neck cream - which is the only way I can justify for the price! I only use this at night in the winter, too rich for summer, and wake up with smooth, less lined, moisturized and some how clearer skin. What else can I say - it's the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2003 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MOYRAL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth investing in a jar of Creme de la mer. Buy a cheap battery operated facial brush to work the cream in the skin. It feels marvelous! In the winter, I mix a few drops of Jojoba Oil with the Creme de la mer, for a super moisturizing delight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2003 3:12:00 PM More reviews by aried

I have been using Creme de La Mer for over 4 years and I always get comments on how great my skin is. However, I also use other products for exfoliating and cleansing. This makes my skin very soft and hydrated which is nice. I don't use this in the summer as my skin changes but it is a must during cold weather as it prevents my skin from flaking at all. It did fade a chicken pox scar that I had since I was a child, it did not remove it(I would need laser for that) The jar is ok, but it does not matter since it is in my medicine cabinet anyways. A 2 ounce jar lasts me a year since I don't use it during the summer. Will repurchase again this fall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ingenue

My cold-weather HG face product. I bought my first pot after I broke out in a mysterious rash that left my face hugely puffy, with extremely dry, flaky patches. It was horrible, to say the least...I can honestly say that I have great skin, so seeing my skin in such trauma was just a huge shock. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the dry patches, from EL Advanced Night Repair, EL ReNutriv, Clinique DDML...all the heaviest moisturizers I could get my hands on, I tried. But nothing worked, not even Vaseline! They just left my skin greasy, and the flakes didn't go anywhere.
As a last resort, I turned to Creme de La Mer. Even though it left a huge dent in my wallet, I was so glad that I spent the money because not only did a little go a long way, it cleared my skin up - flakes and all - within 24 hours. I thought it would leave my skin greasy, but it didn't: it absorbs almost immediately, and leaves skin soft as a baby's bottom, with a delicate scent.
The product comes with its own little spatula (hey EL, take a hint!), so no contamination from dipping fingers into the pot. It has a consistency of thick whipped cream, and a small dab is enough to cover a pretty large area. It comes with great directions on how to warm up the product between your fingers before applying it, which I think is a crucial step because it activates certain ingredients in the creme itself. Because it *is* so thick however, I'm not sure I'd use it during the humid summer months...I'll be switching to the SPF fluid version of this. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 12:11:00 PM More reviews by KSAP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have heard and read so much about the miracle workings of Crème de La Mer that I had to try it for myself…in sample form, that is! I received a generous sample of the original Crème de La Mer, the serum, oil absorbing lotion and the eye balm. As skin care it’s nothing special; however, the eye balm makes the BEST eyelash conditioner. My lashes are longer and thicker than they have ever been.

I have a short update to add to this review: Recently, while at the Nordstrom cosmetics counter, I encountered a very nice woman, I’m guessing here, in her 60s raving about the "miracle" results she’s experienced with Crème de La Mer. This woman was obviously quite wealthy and could, again I am guessing, afford anything she wanted. I was SHOCKED…her skin looked like it had the makings of a quality crocodile hand bag! My only thought at that point was, I wonder what she started with…and…she should be throwing her money at Botox. The moral of this story...IMHO...if your complexion starts to head south, put the $$$$$ you would use to pay for this product into a cosmetic surgery fund;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2003 2:49:00 AM More reviews by shenshen

I have been using this creme as my night time moisturizer for over a year now, it hydrates my skin very well and did not cause any clogging problems. It will stay on my list of night time moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2003 8:02:00 AM More reviews by mom42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The moisturizer is way too emollient for me so I bought the lotion version and it is great. At first I thought I'd been "had" by buying such expensive lotion, but now that summer is here and I am wearing sunscreen in the day I can totally see how much better my skin looks and feels with La Mer. Also, I NEVER get break-outs with it and I often have very picky skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by snowcone831

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is the worlds biggest joke. I tried my girlfriends who happens to buy into the hype. It was nothing special with a big price tag. I asked my dermatologist about this stuff and after he stopped laughing, he said the industry truly knows what suckers women are. Ladies dont waste your money on this one.