La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 7/26/2003 11:00:00 PM

This product is horrible..I can't believe I spent money on it, it is way too rich and it broke me out...Will never buy it again...

on 7/26/2003 10:12:00 PM

I would love to say that this product is all hype. However, after using it for over a year - I can't imagine using anything else. I grew up on a lake - so my skin was starting to show sun damage. Religiously using the La Mer serum and original creme has done more to minimize fine lines than a year of prescription strength retin-A and other heavy duty moisturizers. My largest wrinkle was on my forehead - it's pretty much gone.. as are most of my other small lines. I love this product - and I say, the proof is in the pudding (even though I hate that silly saying)

on 7/26/2003 2:04:00 AM

CDLM is nothing more than an overhyped moisturiser. The fragrance was mild and not overpowering, but does not serve to veil the odor of the seaweed or whatever it was used to brew this cream. Did absolutely nothing for me - did not moisturise my drier cheeks and threatened to break me out on the T-zone. Would not go near it again!

on 7/24/2003 10:09:00 AM

i wish this came in a squeeze tube instead. i have had a 2 oz jar for a year and use it almost daily. i have about 30% left, this stuff is expensive but has lasted me a long time.

anyway, i ended not using this product for a month and my skin got dry and splotchy. once i started using it again , i got my baby smooth peaches n' cream complexion back and my small pimples went away in 4 days.

this stuff is expensive and it very oily like everyone says, but my skin is at it's best. i am willing to pay for this and this jar will go over a year.

on 7/24/2003 1:12:00 AM

Out of all the la mer products I like this on the best, even though i have combo -oily skin... I use it as eye cream at night, and to put on when my skin gets stressed or occasionaly dry... it does provide a great deal of moisture.. i can't say whether it works on lines and wrinkles cause i have none. So I think I will Keep This one.

on 7/23/2003 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I agree with the MUA users! I was intriqued by all the hype, so when I got a sample from Neiman Marcus I decided to try it! Well, it made me break heavily and did nothing. Am I glad I didn't like it because it is absurdly expensive at $1,000.00 prices!

on 7/23/2003 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've bought the 1oz again after reading Instyle Magazine for all celebrities raved about it. I've used this cream before when I was combo/acne-prone and broke out like crazy and probably using too much. So as I turned 31 and my skin started to dehydrate and dry, I thought this cream might work this time so I bought it. I've only used it night for two weeks and I was really careful with the amount I've used (used with spatula) and warmed up with my fingers and tap tap tap. I was really hoping I will wake up with glowing face... :-))Instead of waking up with glow, I woke up with small whitehead every morning which went away pretty quickly so I thought maybe this cream is helping to detoxify my pores and letting all the bad stuff out.. It continued for two weeks and my skin just looked awful. I just got huge red zit (last time I got one of those was 10 years ago)one of those underneath surface that hurts really bad!! I called SA who sold me this and told her about the problems that I was having and she flatly said she never heard of this kind of problem before and I need to go see dermatologist..(geez, thanks for the input). I am going back to my night moistrizer, Clarins Gentle Night Cream. In fact, I used it last night and my skin just looked so much better and much more even toned. Please do not believe the hype of this cream. I think it's just expensive with too much pore clogging ingredients such as mineral oil. I am so glad I did let it all out:-))

on 7/18/2003 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Way too expensive for what it does - which isn't much. I used it for a month - with no visible results.

on 7/15/2003 3:19:00 PM

I bought this product after I read about the special way it was made, I used it for 3 days and I have to day my skin is flawless, and I would definately buy it again

on 7/15/2003 3:58:00 AM

This is a very oily product. If you open the jar, depending on its age, you will see what appears to be oil the consistency of salad dressing. I showed it to my dermatologist who agreed that it looked extremely comedogenic. I wouldn't use this again under any circumstances. Complete hype, incomplete performance. You'd be better off putting Wesson oil on your face (which I don't recommend), which is far less expensive, and equally unacceptable.