La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 7/18/2003 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Way too expensive for what it does - which isn't much. I used it for a month - with no visible results.

on 7/15/2003 3:19:00 PM

I bought this product after I read about the special way it was made, I used it for 3 days and I have to day my skin is flawless, and I would definately buy it again

on 7/15/2003 3:58:00 AM

This is a very oily product. If you open the jar, depending on its age, you will see what appears to be oil the consistency of salad dressing. I showed it to my dermatologist who agreed that it looked extremely comedogenic. I wouldn't use this again under any circumstances. Complete hype, incomplete performance. You'd be better off putting Wesson oil on your face (which I don't recommend), which is far less expensive, and equally unacceptable.

on 7/11/2003 11:26:00 AM

Great product!! I read in a previous MUAers review that this cream worked wonders on the undereye area. I got a sample of this and used it under my eyes for two months then HAD to buy it. I am 22, but my undereye area was very dry from the city pollution and the winter air, but this product worked wonders. Even my family and friends noticed the improved texture of the area under my eyes. I know this is very expensive, but since I am only using this as an undereye cream, it should last for over a year. I have used Origins, Juvena, Neutrogena, Chanel, and Lancome, and nothing comes close to this cream. I would say skip the La Mer eye cream and use the face cream instead!! Wonderful!!!

on 7/9/2003 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My complexion adores this expensive cream! I've only been using it for about a week, and normally wait at least a month before reviewing a skin care product, but I just have to go ahead and rave. When I used CDLM for the first time, I had the very beginnings of one of those nasty, sore hormonal-type cystic blemishes, and in the morning it was gone! Vanished without even a hint of redness...even benzoyl peroxide can't do that for me! The oil-production on my nose has totally regulated, and I don't even have to touch up with powder unless I'm going to be out in the summer heat. My skin used to be combination, but now it's becoming more "normal". I've been using CDLM morning and night, and for the daytime, I also follow with a coating of La Mer's SPF 18 Fluid for sun protection. The combination of those two products has made a great difference in the appearance of my complexion...I finally have a soft dewy glow that so many color cosmetics have failed to deliver. I can now get away with wearing only a bit of concealer for some fading healed blemishes (and boy are they fading fast with this cream!), and a bit of blush. I couldn't be more pleased! I'm already starting to receive compliments on my glowing complexion...needless to say, I will be repurchasing:) I find that you can notice a change in consistency of the CDLM after it's sufficiently warmed between the fingertips (it becomes slightly slippery, as opposed to thick and pasty when you first begin), and then you really do need to just press the cream into your skin...just keep moving your hands to different areas and gently press. The cream does absorb completely in a matter of minutes, and it provides an excellent base for your makeup. This is definitely a holy grail for me, as no other skincare product has made such a drastic improvement in my 29-year-old skin in such a short amount of time.

on 7/8/2003 4:35:00 PM

I bought a trial size product on ebay. I found it really thick and tough to apply even after rubbing it between my fingers. I have found much lower priced products that moisturize as well and at 45 an fine lines starting it did nothing for me.

on 7/7/2003 4:28:00 PM

WHAT is the big deal with this product? I find it way too thick even during the dry Colorado climate!

on 7/4/2003 11:30:00 AM

I would not use this product if you are acne prone. For women with oily T-zones, I would use this product as an eye cream as it is a wonderful product for areas of the face that are on the dry side or need an extra something. I use the cream during the winter on my cheeks and around the eyes and it is great for that but I would not recommend this product for people with large pores or oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Got this two years ago from my grandma. I've oily, acne prone skin and i wore this stuff at night. On the next morning the redness of my pimples were gone and skin felt softer and smoother (I still got pimples as usual, but this creme doesnt claim to erase them). The 1oz. tub lasted 6 months, so I think it does last very long (but I only used it at night). will buy this again if I ever get the money cuz it's a bit pricey for a student..

After reading all the comments on this cream I was curious and decided to splurge on this cream...that was 2 months ago..and I am "IN LOVE"...my skin is oily but I have no break outs any more, no redness, no circles under my eyes, I had a big sun spot on 1 of my cheeks...now it is gone..I decided to give a sample to my sister who always had problems with her skin and after 3 weeks of using it, she now has a clear complexion, she is even walking around with no make-up !!! and she looks great ! she is even getting compliments on her skin and is getting ready to go and buy her first jar as the sample I gave her is almost finished. I don't know if this is a miracle cream or not but it does work..I have tried all brands: lancome, chanel, perricone, murad, dior, guerlain, loreal, neutrogena, origins, estee lauder, clinique, roc, nivea, olay, and nothing has even come close to creme de la mer. the only thing I don't like is the packaging and the price..I wish they had a fancier pacakage. I do rub it between my fingers as instructed and my sister does the same, otherwise it will be too heavy and thick. I only use it at nigth and when I wake up...wow ! my skin looks beautiful and healthy to the point that now all I do is pat a bit of face powder as I want to show off my skin.