October 25, 2014 | 1711 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2003 5:34:00 AM More reviews by modernmiss

I have combination skin but I use this a couple of times a week in the winter. When you put it on your face feels like an oil slick and you have to fight the urge to wash it off at once. Resist and in the morning when it has absorbed, your skin feels and looks amazing. But because of the astronomical price I would advise anyone to get a sample or beg a scoop from a friend who uses it, because it is very heavy and could, I'm sure, cause break-outs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2003 10:53:00 AM More reviews by gaitskill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Some background on my skin type-I'm 28 now, I have extremely sensitive hyper reactive skin that looks oily but will become dryed out and red if I use the wrong product. when I was 24 my skin became allergic to everything I put on it. Even facialists were commenting on my skins oily surface with dry thin skin underneath(I don't get facials anymore-too irritating) I tried Lancome, Esteee Lauder, Clinique, Nivea ,Kiss my face, Ole Henrikkson, and Sonya Dakar- all left my skin dry and irritated, I even had surface skin webbing/cracking on my forehead/chin and cheek area fron so much irritation and dryness. A friend suggested La mer Creme and I've used it for a year now, my skin does not feel dry anymore(except around the mouth area-but it is the best thing so far), its the only product thats worked for me, all surface cracking/irritation has disappeared, my skin is better now than when I was 24, but I'm still searching for another creme(D'olives? has anyone tried it?) to experiment with to make sure this is really the best one for me. I worry that there is something in this creme that has caused my skin to become dependent on/changed its molecular structure and other moisturizers will not work as well if I continue using this, but thats not a scientifically based opinion, just a hunch.PS-I don't recommend using AHA's, or products with ingredients that contain properties to remove the dead layer of skin(it only burns/irritates my own), or any grainy scrubs if you have skin like mine. My skin is truly at its best when left alone. PPS-The face creme isn't good for undereye application-it keeps water in and causes undereye puffiness, I use the La Mer eyebalm instead. Also, I can only use cremes, never lotions, and my skin is glowy and smooth as a babys butt now. I'd give it 5 but I haven't tried everything to concretely say this is the #1 choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2003 7:31:00 PM More reviews by jhay

I'm in love!!! This is the best cream I've ever used, but it comes with a high price tag. I've bought it 4 times. I tried using other creams that are not as expensive, but I'm hooked. People had noticed the glow on my face and that makes me not wanna stop using it. Of course, my skin looks dry when I don't use it, so it's kind of a catch 22. You gotta keep buying it if you wanna keep having that glow on your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2003 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Beautifool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This creme didnt worse my money i bought the whole set and i seem to like only serum,cleansing gel
i was so disappointed with the result it clogged pores and break out pimples ..dont try it if u dont have dry skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2003 2:01:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've always had normal skin, but I've recently started getting extremely dry areas on my perimeter: forehead near the hairline, on the cheeks near my ears and my jawline. Nothing, not even Smith's, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (I was desperate, OK?) or even a prescription non-cortisone cream alleviated the extreme dryness. Until I tried Creme de La Mer. I use the La Mer Moisturizing Lotion regularly, and I thought the Creme would be too much for my skin. But I tried it on the dry patches and after a couple of days, they went away. I LOVE this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by hottiest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good creme for people who got dry skin ..i got oily skin and i get pimple very easy this product contains too much oil in it and it made me feel so glossy
and gave more pimples! really!
i had to apply a very little dot for the whole face this product disappointeded me badly it wasnt that miracle like everyone said and i wont buy it again :( now i'm still using the rest of it as a night eye cream ...i dont like this brand at all but
they hav a 'very good' cleansing gel!!! trust me! u should buy it rather than this funny creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 12:24:00 PM More reviews by tyleka

I must confess that I used to be one of those "abusers" who all during college, went to bed with their makeup on *gasp*, wore no spf, didn't really have a skin care regimen. Now that I've grown up I have to admit I am a La Mer addict. At first, it started with the serum, then the creme, then the oil-absorbing moisturizer, then the regular moisturizer, then the gel cleanser, and now I am looking for a reason to spend a ridiculous $275 on The Concentrate. I will not, however, spend the money for the toner, deconstructed waters or not! I use the serum everyday. In the wintertime I use the Moisturizer in the daytime and the Creme at night. In the summer, I use the Oil-absorbing lotion and the regular moisturizer at night. Though it is expensive, I would much rather pay money for something I know works, than spend tons of money on cheaper products that may be hit or miss. I know some people have said that the Creme de la Mer is an over-priced Nivea Creme, but I have tried both the American and Europen version of Nivea, and there is no comparison. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it. This is my face/ eye / neck cream - which is the only way I can justify for the price! I only use this at night in the winter, too rich for summer, and wake up with smooth, less lined, moisturized and some how clearer skin. What else can I say - it's the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2003 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MOYRAL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth investing in a jar of Creme de la mer. Buy a cheap battery operated facial brush to work the cream in the skin. It feels marvelous! In the winter, I mix a few drops of Jojoba Oil with the Creme de la mer, for a super moisturizing delight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2003 3:12:00 PM More reviews by aried

I have been using Creme de La Mer for over 4 years and I always get comments on how great my skin is. However, I also use other products for exfoliating and cleansing. This makes my skin very soft and hydrated which is nice. I don't use this in the summer as my skin changes but it is a must during cold weather as it prevents my skin from flaking at all. It did fade a chicken pox scar that I had since I was a child, it did not remove it(I would need laser for that) The jar is ok, but it does not matter since it is in my medicine cabinet anyways. A 2 ounce jar lasts me a year since I don't use it during the summer. Will repurchase again this fall.