La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 8/16/2003 12:38:00 PM

Like others fell for the hype! Too heavy to use in the day even if my skin is dry...looks like an oil slick! Didn't cause any breakouts or anything but not worth the money!

on 8/13/2003 5:23:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite product in the world! After using it just once, I noticed a major difference in my skin - it was softer, smoother, and my pores seemed smaller. I'd never tried anything and had such amazing results and so quickly too!

I'm totally hooked and can't use anything else now. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. That isn't stopping me though, lol.

on 8/11/2003 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Quick question - does CDLM have a strong rose fragrance? I bought a trial size off someone on eBay and while what I got was in the right little container and is very thick and rich, it has a really strong rose smell that I don't remember from when I've tried it at cosmetic counters before. Have I been taken? It smells a lot like the old rose Avon lotions that my grandmother used to use.....

on 8/3/2003 10:03:00 AM

Well, I have to chime in with my feelings about this: Please, save your money for something else! I gave in to the hype and purchased this, and I still can't believe what a sucker I was. The saleslady made this out to be some kind of miracle cream that fades scars, erases blemishes, balances your skin and makes it glow....the litany of praise was neverending. I had heard a lot of good things about it elsewhere, and allowed myself to think that I must be missing something special. Ha.
I took this home and followed the directions I'd been given (which are the same as those noted below by other reviewers), and smoothed a small amount onto my face and neck. I did experience a slight flush and warmth in my cheeks that lasted for about an hour. And that was the one and only effect this cream had on my skin - even after weeks of consistent use. My skin was moisturized, and I don't recall having any terrible breakouts as a result of it, but in all honesty, I might as well have been using a drugstore brand. Other moisturizers don't require any special application procedures either, so they save both time and money. Perhaps my twentysomething skin is just not what this cream is meant for, because I was sorely disappointed by this. This product is what promtped me to start paying attention to ingredient listings and research, and not just brand names. I'm a lot wealthier, and a lot happier with my skin due to that, so perhaps I should be thanking La Mer! This is definitely something I'd recommend getting a sample of before you take the plunge. It can't hurt, but if it doesn't help either, then that's hardly worth your money. I finished off what I had, but I won't bother with it again! continued >>

on 8/2/2003 11:50:00 PM

OK, here's the deal. This product gave me milia really badly. HOWEVER, my father had had a mole removed from his back and the area from which it was removed was really itchy. I covered the area with La Mer 3 times daily and when he returned to the doctor 3 weeks later, there was very little evidence of the surgery, let alone the scar. It freaked the Doctor out, I can tell you. So I give this 4 lippies. I had to take one for the milia. I will buy again as I stupidly lent the jar to my (now ex) boyfriend. What a waste!

on 8/2/2003 8:28:00 PM

I have normal/dry skin and this creme works great on me. I've been using it for 2 months and my overall complextion improved, pores minimized, and acne residues lightened. I use it every night after EL ANR.

on 7/30/2003 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

On my 2nd bottle (with a 3rd "in stock"). I have dehydrated (a/c 24 hrs; not enough fluids), combo skin that leans toward being oily. I loved this stuff during the cooler months and thought I'd have to put it away during the summer. Well, it's almost August and I'm still using it. My DH says I wake up with a glow (I use it at night only). However, CDLM doesn't "recondition" the skin. Stop using the product, no lasting effect :(

*****01/24/04*****Update: After using this product for over a year, I still rate it highly, but I do not use it every night due to milla under the eyes (which MD Forte is very effective in getting rid of :)...My mom is the happy new owner of my 3rd bottle & she is thrilled. I'm happy to use what I have to "treat" my skin when it needs a little extra TLC (ie dullness, broken skin*****my skin honestly HEALS faster with CDLM...I won't be without it!) ME: 35 MOM: 57

on 7/28/2003 7:33:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I got in a car accident about 2 years ago and started using this to help repair a 6 inch long scar running across my forehead. Not only did the creme dramatically reduce the appearance of my scar (even my doctor was amazed!) but it cleared up all acne and drastically improved the overall tone and quality of my skin. I found it best to use it as a nightly moisterizer, and then use the oil absorbing lotion during the daytime. I wouldn't want to live without it!!!

I love this cream! It's very heavy and I think lots of people don't like it because they apply it incorrectly. It's important to rub a pea size in between your fingers first and then simply pat it lightly on your face. When people say they feel like they put butter on their face, that is because they used way too much. I have acne-prone skin and since I started using this cream, I haven't had nearly as many breakouts and it makes my scars less visible from past acne. It also gives your skin a sexy glow! I would recommend this product to anyone, but you should try a sample size first! I think it's one of those products that is different for everyone depending on their own skin. Some people love it, some people hate it!

on 7/26/2003 11:00:00 PM

This product is horrible..I can't believe I spent money on it, it is way too rich and it broke me out...Will never buy it again...

Popular Moisturizers