October 22, 2014 | 1796 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product, thus far anyway. And unlike others I think as long as its applied very lightly it can be wore for day, but its also great for heavier coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

I give it 4 lippies because it is a good product. Hides all the blemishes and makes the skin look flawless plus it has sunscreen. However I'm a NC20 or C2 in the studio fix powder foundation and there just doesn't seem to be any equivalent in their liquid format. If I take NC20 I look like Casper the friendly ghost (or the sick ghost!). My other choice is NC30 which makes it look like I went to the tanning salon and covered my body.... I just think they should have colours in between. There is just such a huge discrepancy between those two colours. I gave a 2 for the packaging because liquid foundations should come with a pump, less spillage and waiste.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really hesitant to try this because of all the reviews about how this causes people to break out. But since I wanted to change foundations (my Studio Tech was too heavy for an Australian summer) I decided to just give this a go. I really like the coverage this gives and yet it still feels pretty light on the skin. You don't need much product to give you sufficient coverage. I wear this in NC30 and it's a really good colour match. I haven't noticed any break outs since I've started using and I've been using it for about a month. Oh and invest in the pump, it's definitely worth it!!

Edit: This has broken me out and I've had to stop using it. Little bumps started appearing on my forehead and it took a while for them to disappear after I stopped using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Bridie56

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation but a little thick for every day wear. If mixed with a little moisturiser can work really well though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by APRjmar

Great coverage but at the same time it leaves your face looking SO cakey. I much rather go for the natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jameelaxx

I do like this product. Many people say that it makes them breakout but i haven't had that problem and I've been wearing it for a solid two months. I do wish it came with a pump, but for that, its an extra five bucks. I also wear it with my mineralized skin finish natural by mac and it gives my face a really nice finish. It is quite expensive but it fives you a medium-full coverage look, if you so desire.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Luvreia

I might just have found my holy grail foundation. Not too sure as I'm such a makeup newbie. So far the studio fix fluid has been a near perfect match for my skin (no two tone effect at neck) and is reasonably easy to blend. I'm wearing it for the first time for almost 8 hours by now and it still looks fine, slightly shiny but nothing some loose powder can't fix. In fact, I quite like that it looks more dewy than oily. Shall see if it breaks me out, which is the real test.

So far only gripe is the packaging. If they're not going to provide a pump, they might as well have put it in a jar so at least its easier to dip my brush in. The bottle is possibly the worst packaging foundation could possibly come in.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by CactusWren

I used this product for approximately two weeks. I applied it with a brush and tried it with a primer as well as without a primer. I wanted to like this foundation but it broke me out. I did notice that if I applied concealer first as sort of a buffer - my skin seemed a lot calmer. The smell is pretty strong as lasts a while (I think until you get used to it). Coverage is great - I didn't need much to cover up hyper-pigmentation from old acne - especially when applying with a stiff brush. The price is decent (I paid $26.00). Unfortunately, I ended up returning it to the store and returning to my hunt for that elusive HG foundation...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been my staple liquid foundation for 2 years. Until now it's one of the few liquid fndts that never broke me out and I have to say I'm surprised that the one fndt that it never broke me out is from Mac. I've also tried the powder form and it broke me out, I also tried the Face & Body from Mac and this one broke me out too. SFF has a thick consistency especially after the 1st year. I use the NC25, which is the right tone for me but very yellow, and that makes me look sick sometimes and I need more bronzer when I use it, to make my skin look healthy again. I'm a C shade at Stila, and #5 at YSL and until now the #5 from YSL it's the exact shade for my skintone , same with my neck, and no yellow or pink in it, it's a light to medium warm beige, and I wish Mac had warm beige shades, because not all warm skintones are yellow and can pull off the NC shades. I hate the fact that the NC shades are very yellow and the NW very pink, and that's a reason why I propably I won't repurchase it again, but I never say never because if I'll try other fndts and all will broke me out I'll come back to it. One more reason why I don't like it is that even though I have oily skin, I have some dry spots from dehydration, on my cheeks and around my mouth and SFF is the worst fndt for dry spots, it makes them soooo visible, I can say 10 times more visible. Overall I love the price of the SFF and the fact that it never broke me out, I'm going to try the new YSL Teint Resist since YSL carries the perfect shade for my skintone, but if this one will broke me out I will come back to my SFF.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very good foudation, good coverage, but i find that it looks cakey on me because i have huge pores. Even over a face primer. Because of the price and the no pump packaging, i wont be buying this no more. This works the same as the Revlon ColorStay Foundation, i prefer that over this.