April 21, 2014 | 1033 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Seagulls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using MAC's Studio Finish (liquid) foundation for years. I constantly have red skin due to rosacea. This foundation does a great job of covering it up to the point where people have no idea I'm a little red cherry underneath! I'm pretty fair and use NC15. It has yellow undertones which counteracts my splotchiness. I doubt this product is healthy...it's probably filled with alcohol and all sorts of hideous stuff; but so far, it's the only one that hides my rosacea all day long. I'll keep looking for an organic foundation w/ great coverage, but until then, it'll be MAC Studio Finish all the way.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sophiefreeman1

My auntie basically is obbsessed with mac and she has the whole line of it just in her bedroom. She bought select by mac and i was on holiday with her and started using it, she mixed it with MAC illuminating base and it looked really nice, but it was way off my shade. So i went to mac and everyshadde was too dark so i tried studio fix in NC15 the lightest shade. When i got hoem and staerted using it, it was good but nothing special and i highly dont reccommend this for people with dry skin as it will emphasise dry patches and look horrible on skin, its quite good for oily skin but doesnt give that good a coverage and i find that it doesnt give a very natural look and your skin would have to already be very good to pull it off. I do reccommend the illuminating base as it really does look gorgeous on with any skin type :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I'd give this a B+. It covers my skin well, matches my skin tone, and dries quickly. I just wish it had a pump for how much it costs, and it's not as good as Lancome foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by MissPeony

I dare not use this foundation on a daily basis since I have acne prone skin. I only bring out the Studio Fix when I need good coverage for a long period of time. I have lots of scaring and have found this foundation to be useful in evening out my skintone and concealing old scars--no need to use a separate concealer with this product. Mac has a great selection of foundation colors to choose from and while they may have matched me with NC30, it's a tad too orange so I mix my studio fix with a Shu Uemura foundation that is too light for me to great my own custom color. The opening on the bottle for the studio fix is quite large so it's easy to pour out too much product. I purchased the optional pump for an additional $4 to have better control over the product. Studio Fix is a great special occasion foundation for me, but I would not use it as an everyday product since it's known to clog pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by silver27

My daily foundation at the moment. It does the job, covers, blends, is wearable and lasts on the skin.

My skin does however get oily whilst wearing it (Ive heard it makes some people break out too). It is also quite matte and flat looking which can dull out your skin. I wear NC15 which is the lightest I think, and it can make you look a bit ghostly in photos due to the high spf. Bronzer is a must.

Still on the search for my HG foundation! Compared to Revlon Colorstay, Studio fix has similar coverage but seems more blendible and less cakey, Colorstay has much better staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by jackie367

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say wz excited to start using it but then it, it has great coverage, doesn't make me oily but then i would spots afta using it and didnt reliase wat was wrong wen i stopped using it during summer my skin went cleat but then as soon as i have started using it again my face is breaking it so much jus scary a waste of my 19.. wat a shame as this looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ChicaNutella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation once, never again. I gave it a four being fair that the product did it's job because it does cover imperfections. However, as soon as I used it, my face started to itch like hell. It also looks cakie, and I don't like that at all. My skin is dry and sensitive at the same time and perhaps it was an allergic reaction. I love MAC products and maybe this was just not for me, but it does cover.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Lovelife909

I had lots of ups and downs with this fondation(mostly down).but now since it's starting to get cold my face is geting lighter(the foundation was to light for my face in the summer)and now the foundation is starting to look good on me. I will up date u if I end up loving this foundation or not and y.

Update: I love this foundation so far it gives me a perfect finish and is light on my skin! So, for now I well buy another one(if I don't find a better 1) and u should try it to (u don't have to buy it if ur friends have it just try there's for a day or go to MAC and go try it on there!

Bye
xoxox

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by imishai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

very thick so you only need a teeny tiny amount and it provides amazing coverage. this stuff covered up a huge birth mark on my face.
I wouldn't recommend this product if you have oily skin or if you are acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this very heavy... I dont need that much coverage, I dont know why the MA at MAC suggested this to me ; my skin is pretty flawless, I do never breakout. I keep it for winter time, only, and I even mix it up with my moisturising cream to lighten it. Otherwise the color match is awesome (you'll sure find yours, there is so many!), the coverage is exceptionnal, hide any imperfection and the finish is great.