September 1, 2014 | 2180 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice gentle cleanser for normal skin types that tones as well as cleans and hydrates. I don't find that it does enough for acne prone skin.
It's downfall is too much fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This has a really pleasant scent--light and sweet, but not cloying. It also has a fairly runny texture and bubbles up a bit, but not too much. Cleanses well without leaving my now-sensitive-from-tretinoin skin feeling irritated or stripped. (Caveat: I use a cleansing oil to remove makeup and sunscreen before using a regular facewash). Packaging is simple, modern and functional. I used up a whole 4 oz. sample without it causing any problems. I really, really enjoyed the light fragrance, which actually made face washing pleasant. So I may repurchase, though I'd check eBay first before paying full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by emmathan

This is so great but it's just too expensive for a daily cleanser. It works very well at getting off makeup, it doesn't dry me out or make me too oily or make me break out, and it smells fantastic. But it just makes no sense to pay so much for something you would use so often.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kiwiipi3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it dries out my skin but it takes off makeup really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by vyxxyn

I have dry and extremely fussy sensitive skin which has been rejecting other upmarket and supermarket cleansers with much rage from breakouts to dried out skin, to flaky reddish patches. Everytime I travel I take a small quantity with me. I've been to hot, dry, wet, and cold climates and can vouch that this is the only cleanser that delivers regardless of climate. Purity is by far the best and most gentle facial cleanser I've used in 25 years, and I've been using it twice daily for almost a year now. It removes most make up although I'd say not all waterproof formulas, especially jet black waterproof mascara that has been applied in layers. In such cases, an additional wash would do the job. Purity goes on like a gel-cream, does not lather and feels a little oily. Once you rinse your face all comes off. Unlike some non-foaming cleansers that leave an oily residue that takes some scrubbing to get off, Purity comes off in a jiffy upon contact with water. From reading the reviews I gather it might not suit all skin types, therefore if you're new to the product, I suggest getting a sample - bring a small disposable plastic bag or container and request permission to dispense about enough for 3 uses. If you decide to buy after trying, get the largest bottle which is great value for your money. Using it twice daily in about dime-sized amounts which is enough per wash, the largest bottle should be able to last you at least 18 months. The only hang up I have is the packaging, a pump dispenser would be more hygienic. As for the scent, it's like synthetic flowers with a hint of lemon which to some, might take a while getting used to. As long as you use sparingly, the scent will not linger.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by asphyxiad0ll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this stuff. I recently bought it on a whim (along with Hope In A Jar, which I also love) and I'm so happy that I did. While the smell isn't my favorite, the benefits of this product outweigh that by a ton. It leaves my skin feeling silky soft and smooth after I use it. I think my favorite part is that I don't have to *scrub* to get all my makeup off - like the bottle says, if you look at cleaning your skin as more of a relaxing thing rather than a chore and take your time with it, Purity will literally melt your makeup right off your face. Even though they say not to use it near your eyes, I rarely listen to that warning - and found that Purity even removes my Kryolan e/s that every other cleanser barely could. My favorite shade ("Frambosia") used to stain my eyes pink for days after I used it, but with Purity, I don't have that problem. Yay for this product, I say! I'm hooked.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by christina74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

the only thing I liked about this product is that it removed my makeup, and that is about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by goodbyexxkitty

This is my new favorite cleanser. I've been using it for a few weeks now and so far I'm really loving it. My skin looks a lot nicer now and I love that it's very gentle on my dry skin, but still cleanses very well. I've had problems with a good many of other cleansers breaking me out and I've had no problems with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this cleanser a lot, but am definetly not attached to it enough not to try something else. It smells great and removes m/u well, but I have just found another cleanser that I like more (Knutek Advanced Cleanser).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by krm4h

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very optimistic about this cleanser, as I feel that the philosophy line is pretty well respected. However, it immediately made my face break out. Will not try any of their skincare products again anytime soon.