July 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by asphyxiad0ll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this stuff. I recently bought it on a whim (along with Hope In A Jar, which I also love) and I'm so happy that I did. While the smell isn't my favorite, the benefits of this product outweigh that by a ton. It leaves my skin feeling silky soft and smooth after I use it. I think my favorite part is that I don't have to *scrub* to get all my makeup off - like the bottle says, if you look at cleaning your skin as more of a relaxing thing rather than a chore and take your time with it, Purity will literally melt your makeup right off your face. Even though they say not to use it near your eyes, I rarely listen to that warning - and found that Purity even removes my Kryolan e/s that every other cleanser barely could. My favorite shade ("Frambosia") used to stain my eyes pink for days after I used it, but with Purity, I don't have that problem. Yay for this product, I say! I'm hooked.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by christina74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

the only thing I liked about this product is that it removed my makeup, and that is about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by goodbyexxkitty

This is my new favorite cleanser. I've been using it for a few weeks now and so far I'm really loving it. My skin looks a lot nicer now and I love that it's very gentle on my dry skin, but still cleanses very well. I've had problems with a good many of other cleansers breaking me out and I've had no problems with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this cleanser a lot, but am definetly not attached to it enough not to try something else. It smells great and removes m/u well, but I have just found another cleanser that I like more (Knutek Advanced Cleanser).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by krm4h

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very optimistic about this cleanser, as I feel that the philosophy line is pretty well respected. However, it immediately made my face break out. Will not try any of their skincare products again anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by guil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I wear full makeup, so foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner. This removes everything. I don't use waterproof and i don't use it to remove lipstick. This melts away the makeup and the few times I followed with a toner, the cotton ball was clean, so it really does remove everything. I use this only at night to remover my face and cleanse before bed.

I have combination (normal/oily) skin, prone to occasional breakouts. This has not added to my breakouts. It does have a distinctive scent, but I do find it enjoyable. I will repurchase this, as I think I have finally found a good all purpose cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser. I used it for 2 weeks and saw my complexion clear up a bit, redness reduce, forehead and nose become less oily and my skin was never dry. It smells lovely and is a treat to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by marleypup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

I actually didn't expect to change a thing about my skincare. I am happy removing my makeup (which is minimal most days) with some creamy moisturizer and a cloth.

However I received a sample packet of this lovely stuff with my QVC order of my very first Philosophy 3-in-1s. I was sucked in. The ingredients are nice. I love the essential oils and absolutes--the lack of synthetic perfume makes it easy on my eyes (pun...). It also smells great for nighttime.

I have oily/combo/acne-prone skin, so the oils scared me. I found that they actually deep clean into my pores if I rub long enough, gently. I finish up with a bit of LUSH Fresh Farmacy solid complexion soap and moisturize.

This is a very effective product as far as makeup removal and moisturization goes. It takes off the thickest, ickiest mascara coating.

The packaging is neat and minimalist, which I love.

A little goes a long way, but the price is a tad high. Still, for what I view as a high-quality product that my picky skin takes to...love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mam4993

All hype! I've been using this cleanser for three weeks now and it definitely does not live up to the hype or price. If anything, I've been breaking out more since I've been washing with it. The texture is definitely too thick for my liking. I heard someone from Philosophy on QVC saying that you shouldn't wet your face before applying this, but that makes it impossible to spread around. I really need to stop watching QVC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by she_thinks_it

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser, because it gets off all the dirt and the day's makeup after my evening workout. I don't notice the smell at all, and I like that I don't have to use a separate makeup remover to get my makeup off before washing my face. I have combination skin which is also acne-prone and while I find that this doesn't do the most stellar job of staving off acne, it certainly doesn't make it worse, either. It's a nice "everyday" cleanser.