October 31, 2014 | 781 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It gave me lush, full lashes-for the first 5 minutes. This was very wet and made black circles inder my eyes, and weighed down my curl of my eyelashes. Thank God this was a GWP. Diorshow is MUCH better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by queenbee19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received this as a sample and I was pleased with it. What I like the best about this product is that it separates my lashes. It also puts on a smooth coat, which doesn't necessarily make my lashes look significant longer, which is fine. I like the full, long brush. The drawback is that it's a bit wet, so it takes a bit to dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2004 10:54:00 AM More reviews by highspeedblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara in the color Plum Drama because I wanted to try colored mascara and I always had good results with Clinique mascara. This was very disappointing. The brush is too fluffy making it hard to apply perfectly. More than one or two coats makes a clumpy mess. The color is not very significant at all, unless you are under direct light. I wouldn't buy this again, in fact I've barely used the one I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 11:42:00 PM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I received my tube as a free sample from gloss.com. It lengthens like no other! My lashes were soooo long after I used this... and believe me, I was not blessed in the eyelashes area. The only problem I really had with it is that it had a tendency to flake off. Also, it didn't really thicken, but that's why you layer a thickening mascara over it! :-) I will definitely be purchasing High Impact Mascara again and again and again...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by zaftigrrl

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. It was a GWP, so at least I didn't pay money for it. I think I may be allergic to it, which affects my rating. My eyes itched and burned all day today with this stuff on. The wand is huge and fluffy, so way too much product goes on if you aren't careful. The consistency is wet and goopy, a bit thicker than maybelline great lash. It didn't hold my curl at all (shu uemera curler not the problem), Because so much mascara came off the wand, my lashes looked clumpy after one coat, even after I brushed them with a dry wand. Awful. I wish I had saved it to swap to someone it works for!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2004 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Cuties

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is also my current fave at the moment. Although I have long lashes, they tend to be thin and this really thickens plus lengthens. I loved it in Sapphire but it was limited edition and I bought the last one at Short Hills Saks--no where else has any left :( Great mascara, will repurchase (in black).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 2:21:00 PM More reviews by eka8098

I am still on the search for my HG mascara, but this is my current fave. It colours my lashes well and makes them looks loads longer. I have to apply quite carefully though to avoid clumping. I like clinique's mascaras because I think the formulas are quite shiny and give your lashes a nice glossy glow, kind of like when they are wet.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Jenny42901

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample and I was disappointed. Though the formula itself was nice and brought out rich color, the brush is way too fluffy to work well with my short, sparse, and thin lashes. It clumped and didn't deliver the mascara evenly at all. It doesn't hold a curl either, so if your lashes are like mine, don't bother with this. My favorite Clinique mascara is naturally glossy. It's perfect for a natural, pretty, soft look for lashes. Try that instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2004 8:48:00 PM More reviews by WheresMyCouture

Makes my lashes look thick and longer but it clumps a little more than I would like.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by hill937

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is generally fine. However, I find it migrates and a bit ends up beneath my eyes. Also, I always find a spot or two where the lashes left a mark of mascara on my upper lid where they hit, even thought I am very careful to apply. Must take a while to dry. Lastly, and this is a bit gross. I know you all have found before a glob of black in the inner corner of your eye, you know what I mean, actually in your eye, it's pretty sick. Well with THIS mascara, there was ALWAYS globs there, the next morning I would see them and try to get it all out. Ick!