BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

I lusted after this item for months and months! Now, I finally acquired it and it is alot different than I thought it would be. I was expecting a light silvery pink with substantial shimmer. In reality, it is a peachy pink without very much shimmer at all and it shows up very pigmented, on me at least. Maybelline Seashell Pink blush is exactly what I was hoping Dandelion would be - light light silvery pink with shimmer. If you were expecting that kind of a color like I was, I reccomend buying the Maybelline.

I am a PPP with light freckles, red hair, and blue eyes. This shows up well on me like I said, so I use it as a blush not a highlighter. It gives me a nice natural flush/glow. I couldn't put this all over my face because it is toooo dark.

I like the little box packaging, it is really cute. Maybe a little bit inconvenient, but I guess you give up that for the looks :P It smells slightly floral, but it isn't strong or off-putting at all. The brush it comes with is cute, but I think it would be better for applying something with less color since it isn't a good shape for a blush at all. Instead, I apply this with my MAC #168 brush.

All in all, I like this product, but I wouldn't purchase it for $26. continued >>

on 11/21/2003 11:15:00 PM

As an extremely sleep-deprived mom of a 2-month-old, Dandelion is a godsend! Sometimes I put it on even if I know I'm not leaving the house so that when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I actually look somewhat alive. It's a real boost. It really does give a glow in a very understated, non-make-up-ey way. I'm sure I'll use it on full make-up days as well. Yes, it's expensive, but for me, it's a must-use product.

on 11/20/2003 8:23:00 PM

I love this! One swipe and it's a great highlighter that can be used all over the face to brighten it up. Two swipes and it's a natural flush-type blush. Smells really good - rose? The brush it comes with really works well. My only complaint is the packaging - while it's cute, it is really bulky, and it can be a little deceiving - the package is big, but the product isn't so much...

on 11/18/2003 6:46:00 AM

I am very pale in the grey London winters and for some reason this really perks my skin up (even blushes that I have that look exactly like this in the case don't achieve this look). It must be the combination of shimmer and pale colour - I don't know - but it works. I circle the brush in the box about 4 times, tap off the excess back in the box, and this seems to give me a good amount of colour. I thought it was gimmiky at first and left the store without buying but caught my reflection in the street (so Narssisus, I know :-) and I looked much better - marched right back and purchased it.

on 11/17/2003 6:03:00 PM

I'm jumping on the dandelion band wagon! I love this blush/highlighter! I use it more as a blush, because I'm on the pale side. It shows up on me as a very pale pink with a dusting of gold shimmer. This stuff is so worth the money, IMO. I *highly* recommend this for fair skinned women. EDT: I am loving this more and more each time I use it! I have naturally rosy cheeks, but they can look blotchy at times. Dandelion evens out the rosiness in my cheeks, and makes it look 100% natural!

on 11/17/2003 5:12:00 PM

Just tried it a while back. Smooth silky texture and charming packaging - that's about all I can say about this pressed highlight without feeling deceived. On my PPP complexion, I was expecting a cute pink flush with a hint of shimmer. Instead it went on my skin as a sheer powder that had to be layered to get any pink at all. Also, the shimmer was anything but special and also had to be layered to have any effect. Myabe it was just my skin, maybe it was the little brush that came with it, I don't know. I was just let down with this.

on 11/16/2003 8:49:00 AM

The little fluffy pink brush picks up just enough of the product for a light dusting all over although I prefer to use it as a blush even though it's so subtle it doesn't even look like I've got blusher on! Great stuff on its own, all over my face or over another blush

on 11/13/2003 10:01:00 PM

I really like this. I got called vibrant the other day--woah, that's a first.
I wish it didn't come in a cardboard box..but it's worth it.

on 11/13/2003 4:20:00 PM

I love it. I just recently discovered Benefit and I'm glad I did. I now use Benetint, Eyebright, Hula, Highbeam, and Dandelion. I love the natural, healthy look the products give me. Dandelion is great. Smells nice, feels nice going on-I don't even know it's there. I love it! It gives me a light, natural, healthy blush. I will definitely buy this product again.

on 11/12/2003 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of powder blushes - til I found this. I love it -it is the new staple of my makeup bag. It creates a lovely, glow without looking made up. I throw it in my work makeup bag and after slaving away all day, I fluff some on. Voila! I look rested and ready for a night out, without looking like I made too much of an effort. It is a little spendy, but it lasts forever.

Popular Blush Products