Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 3/21/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love this product, and bought it in shade 355. I applied it by spreading it evenly on my face with Ecotools Bamboo Foundation Brush and then blending it in with Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer Brush.
After I then applied MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural Powder .
Pros:
- the shade matched perfectly
- was a natural finish
- very easy to blend
- lasts a long time
- light/medium coverage
- wasn't heavy on the face
- affordable pricing

Cons:
- no pump
- if too much was used it could come off as oily

Over all I am keeping it as my everyday daily foundation.

on 3/21/2011 3:20:00 PM

I have very dry skin, but only on my mouth and cheek area and I have noticeable pores on my nose. This foundation was awful on my skin. At first I loved it because it made my skin look dewy. But after about 30 min it started to dry up and crack on my face and even worse it made my pores look insanely huge. I will never buy this again!

on 3/21/2011 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The color selection is great but the product not so much. Initially within the first hour it looks nice and dewey, but then it gets too dewey and oily looking. I think this would work well for someone with dry skin. Acne prone, oily and combo skin types should stay away. ( I have combo , acne prone skin)

on 3/21/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation works well. It's great for dry skin types like mine. Although there is a huge major downfall is that this product contains 7% Octinoxate. This website (http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient.php?ingred06=704203) explains the effects and concerns of this product. Octinoxate is linked to:

Developmental/reproductive toxicity
Allergies/immunotoxicity

Other strong concerns for this ingredient:
Enhanced skin absorption, Biochemical or cellular level changes

Other moderate concerns for this ingredient:
Endocrine disruption, Persistence and bioaccumulation

Lesser or emerging concerns for this ingredient:
Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Ecotoxicology

After I read this I threw my bottle away. Although it worked well on my skin, I'd rather not use something that could be this detrimental to my health.

on 3/21/2011 2:31:00 AM

I was impress by this product. To be honest, I really like the packaging and it drew me in. I was unsure about the shade that I got, which was 220, which I found to be a little too yellow for my skin. I think I should have gotten the 210. However, this is still a great product. Because it was too yellow for me, I use my Missha BB Cream in shade 21 (the lighter shade) that i got as a gift and mixed the two together. It works wonders, but because of the Maybelline foundation, it makes my face look dewy. Overall, good pruduct.

on 3/20/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am actually pleasantly surprised with this product. I picked it up at the local Rexall; it was $9.99 CAD but they were having a major sale on most of their makeup and I got this for 30% off.
PROS:
lightweight on the skin
buildable coverage
very affordable
sleek packaging
SPF 18

CONS:
no pump!!! I really wish they'd put on a pump...I would've been willing to pay more for one.....
not a great range for those of us who fall in the super light or super dark colour range
not great for very oily skin

I bought 115 Ivory, which is a very close match to my skin. But while I am fair, I am not super pale and someone who is would have a hard time finding a match as their is only one shade lighter and most stores I go to didn't carry it. Anyone who is very dark skinned will also have a hard time finding a good match without looking ashy.
As previous reviewers have said, this is not the best choice for anyone with very oily skin. In the past 2 years gone from VERY oily to normal skin, so I didn't have a problem with it. It efficiently covers all the redness in my skin (of which I have A LOT) without having a masklike effect. I have many acne scars, esp. on my left cheek, and with my stick concealer, this foundation did a good job covering them. It doesn't highlight my pores and spreads very evenly with a foundation brush. I always set my foundations with powder, so I had no problem with shine. I didn't notice much transfer either, but I use primer as well.
BOTTOM LINE: If you are tired of heavy, full coverage foundation, as I am, and have time to use concealer in the morning, this is a nice foundation at a great price. If you are looking for something to apply quickly and that will provide most of your coverage, this is not for you.

on 3/20/2011 8:24:00 PM

I got color 115 and it seems okay, the color does seem to change after its been on my skin for a bit. I didn't find it greasy at all, didn't settle into my lines or pores. I usually get oily in the t zone but didn't wearing this. The odd time I have done a light powder dust over top towards the end of the day. I also found I get a better finish with it if I use a foundation brush instead of my fingers.
Update: I took a lippie off due to the fact i am finding after several hours it seems to have worn off and it does take time in the morning to get it to look nice as well. Just not happy with it.

on 3/20/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I hated this foundation. I wanted a medium coverage foundation for the upcoming summer months, and I was drawn to the idea and packaging of the Fit Me collection. I bought it for about $7 at WalMart, which is definitely a good price. I am NC15 in MAC, and I could not find an exact match of shade. The coverage is very light, and although easy to blend, I would not consider it buildable. It looks cakey and greasy after multiple applications, even on my normal-dry skin.

I believe the concept is great, and other drugstore makeup brands should follow in their direction. I loved how it matched you to concealers and blush based on your foundation match, but unfortunately for me, I could not find a great match.

on 3/20/2011 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Horrible. Extremely sheer coverage, buildable to medium if you use half of the bottle. Very slippery and never quite dries. Transfers like your skin scares it away or something. Sinks into pores and fine lines, oxidizes, packaging is an annoying glass bottle with no pump. Nothing good to say about this foundation.

HOWEVER; for those with dry skin who are stuck with a drying, cakey, full-coverage foundation that they couldn't return for whatever reason, this foundation may actually work very effectively in making that thick foundation work for your skin. I used up most of my Fit Me foundation by mixing it with another foundation that was way too thick for my dry skin.

Ps, I got it in 210 which I believe was one of the yellowest shades. Still too orange for me.

on 3/20/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hated this foundation, it was a good color match but never dried and completely rubbed off at the smallest touch. Also i bought the lightest color foundation and concealer and they did not match the concealer was very orangy

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu