December 21, 2014 | 1545 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Jennyxwren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so disappointed with this, I'd been using Studio Fix powder for about a year as my foundation, when I decided to try liquid foundations. I started off with some Max Factor for £10 which worked fine and the colour was a close match but not quite perfect, so I decided to get some MAC studio fix fluid.
I got colour matched instore and in the light there and considering she'd put bronzer and other products on me as well it looked fine, although she had heaped the product on but I thought that was more application technique problem than the product. I finished off what was left of my Max Factor and just tried this. Its NW15 and made me so orange! It was also really cakey and steaked really badly which I never got with MF (might be to do with better colour match though). I then put a blob of the MF foundation next to the MAC one on my hand and the difference in colour is crazy. Wasted money yet again. Thing is NW15 is one of their lightest shades, so I'm going to have to give up on MAC foundations and concealers because this isnt the first time MAC have made me orange :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Mandim508

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's great to use for those days when your face looks like it's five different colors -- it will even everything out. Sometimes when i see this in the daylight, though, it looks a little too much like, "wow, that's a lot of makeup"... so if I think I'm going to be seen in true sunlight, I'll mix this with a little moisturizer (about 1/3 moisturizer and 2/3 foundation). It helps my dry skin stay moist longer, and it thins the makeup out a little so you can still pack on blush and bronzer and all of that and not look too made up. The versatility of this product makes me like it more, I just wish they would include a pump with the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found a use for the leftovers of my studio fix. I started using studio sculpt, which covers more and is dewier, but it didn't look good on my oily areas. I use studio fix on my nose and forehead and it's perfect for this purpose. I use studio sculpt everywhere else. good stuff. it photographs much better than studio sculpt also.
Edit: After trying Bobbi Brown and MUFE, I won't buy another MAC foundation unless I'm convinced otherwise. Generally, the color selection hasn't been too good for my skintone and they look unnatural. The foundations from MAC remind me of bad tranny makeup-- heavy and unnatural.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by tolsonc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

An MA recommended this for me. I don't think she really heard that I have very dry skin. This makes my flakes pronounced and really exaggerates every pore and fine line no matter how much I blend. In speaking with someone on Live Chat on MAC online, I mentioned my issues with this, and the associate agreed that this wasn't the best formulation for me - she said it's more for oil control - which I don't need. She really recommended Studio Sculpt foundation (which I've read numerous good reviews for and plan to get in the next couple of days). I gave it two lippies, because even though it doesn't work with my dry skin, it would probably work well for someone with oilier skin as it has a more matte finish. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by whoopwhoopwhoopy

I use this foundation when I go out at night, but for everyday, it's kind of heavy. I buff this on with my Philosophy The Supernatural brush and it gives you a flawless finish, but the coverage is matte, so I have to add some highlighter or blush to my cheeks to not look to done or too dull. MAC's Fix+ also makes this foundation look more dewy. However, this foundation just feels really heavy and lets you know that you are wearing foundation. That's why I can't give it a better rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by p0rtuguesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this foundation almost every day when I was in high school. I used this for grad, too. I liked it because it gave me really good coverage with a very small amount of product. It lasted a decent amount of time when set with powder, however I found myself doing quite a few powder touch ups during the day because it made my combo skin VERY shiny. By the end of the day, I couldn't wait to wash it off! It felt too heavy for me.
I gave it an overall rating of 4 just because it wasn't exactly what I personally like in a foundation, but it would be good for someone with maybe normal skin who is looking for a full coverage foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by chels12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite foundation. It provides a full, natural-looking coverage that can also be sheered down. It is great for oily skin, but I have dry skin and it's even amazing on me. I have tried other foundations, but I always find myself going back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by egrenierca

I really liked this product. I have comination skin that is also sensitive and it didn't break me out at all. I have been using it for about a week now and i think it is really great. I would definitely say it is like the revlon color stay but i like this much better because it isn't as thick, in my opinion. when i would wear the colorstay it felt very heavy, and although i like a full coverage look, this doesn't feel heavy on my skin. the packaging is great, although it does not come with a pump. you need to buy that seperately. it is only 7 dollars though and it will last you forever so you only need to buy one. the price of this foundation is also pretty reasonable as well. Think about it. if you go to the pharmacie or walmart, some of the better foundations are atleast 20 dollars and mac is like 30...10 dollars more for a quality product. id rather pay a little more for a better quality and use much less of it so i would definitely buy this again. it doesnt make me oily where i normally might be and gives a nice matte finish. i am soooo not into doing touch ups throughout the day so this is great. it looks as good 10 hrs later as when u put it on in the morning. i will definitely be sticking with this for a while!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by abbyyyy

Love this foundation. I went to the MAC store and got colour matched (NW25), and I use this with MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Medium. It leaves my skin looking good, and it is easy to apply with a MAC 190 Foundation brush.

I only use half a pump (it is annoying how you have to buy the pump separately to the foundation but once you run out, you can just reuse the pump in your new bottle of foundation) to get the right coverage for myself, so hopefully it lasts a fair amount of time.

This foundation stays on forever. I can wear it for a whole day and it still be on at night. I love it. Not many of my other foundations are able to do that. It doesn't break me out, and I have issues with sensitive skin so that is another bonus.

In terms of price, it is a bit more expensive but these days drug store brands are making their packaging smaller, and their prices higher so you are only paying a little bit more for better quality foundation that lasts longer.

I will definitely repurchase this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticJunkieQUEEN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My all time favorite MAC foundation, I have re-brought this
many times over, cause I find it's still the best at making my acne scared skin looking flawless and also controlling my oily T-Zone. On my fair skin NC15 matches like a dream never makes me look ghostly which a lot of other foundations do. Overall my Top Foundation pick for over 2 years now and still loving it and always will.