August 1, 2014 | 1061 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MY THOUGHTS: I can't believe there was ever a point that I used this foundation (note: my only experience is with the original formulation). Even the lightest shade appeared orange on my face. Meanwhile, there was barely any coverage to even out my skin tone, let alone the dark circles around my eyes. After using MAC and mineral makeup, I won't ever switch back. This product would be better off for those with naturally perfect skin, e.g. no need for coverage.

PAULA BEGOUN: Excellent (Paula's Pick!). True Match Super Blendable Makeup SPF 17 ($9.99) is L'Oreals best foundation for normal to very oily skin. The fluid, silky formula feels almost weightless on skin and blends superbly, setting to a natural matte finish that is translucent enough to let your skin show through, while still providing light coverage that diffuses minor flaws and redness. The original version of this foundation did not include sunscreen, but L'Oreal wisely added one with the sole active being titanium dioxide. Now True Match Super Blendable Makeup is an even better choice for those with oily skin. The palette of 24 shades is not only one of the largest shade selections for a single drugstore foundation, but also, for the first time, L'Oreal's shades take a strong cue from Lancome's typically superior selection of neutral colors. Almost all of the shades are excellent, and they cover a wide range of skin tones from porcelain to deep tan. The only shades to avoid are Natural Ivory C2 and Classic Beige C5 (both too pink), and Tawny Beige C6 (too peach).

The only drawback to this foundation is its drier finish. Although it does a good job of reducing oily shine and keeping skin looking polished, it tends to emphasize the slightest bit of dry skin, and can also make lines around the eye look more apparent. If you have dry areas or visible lines around the eye, it is imperative that you smooth and hydrate these areas before applying this foundation. An emollient moisturizer lightly applied around the eyes and regular use of an effective topical exfoliant should minimize this problem and make working with this foundation a better experience. Note: This foundation contains subtle shimmer particles that impart a barely perceptible shine to the skin. The particles are so small you have to look very closely to see them in daylight, but it's worth mentioning for those who wish to avoid any type of shimmer in their makeup. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ThreeAngels3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a drugstore foundation it comes in a wide variety of shades, so I was able to find the perfect match for my complexion. It goes on smoothly and evenly and feels like silk. Unlike most foundations it does not feel heavy at all; in fact, it's so lightweight that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything more than a light moisturizer, yet it covers beautifully. My only issue with this product is that I have oily skin and it does nothing to control shine. L'Oreal Infallible is a notch above this and tends to be longer-wearing as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will never use again, regardless that it is inexpensive. I have tried A LOT of foundations during my time, and if one does not work after a few try's, I return it! This is my face we are talking about. This product did not give enough coverage, even paired with powder. It left me feeling greasy, made me break out, and the color was hard to match...always too pinkish for my yellow undertones. Pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by MissLuuucy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this!! i got the mineral powder as well, so i use this and then finish off with the powder for complete perfection. i really love this, a little bit goes a long long way. the coverage is great! and i got the shade really close to my skin tone! i would completely recommend this. i love it. thumbs up! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation for my oily skin. It provides medium coverage, blends well, matches my skin colour and tone perfectly, and doesn't fade away too quickly. (This is a lot to ask of a drug store foundation!) I've tried many foundations over the years, and this is one product I'll stick with! (Didn't rate it a 5 because the packaging could be better- should have a pump.)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by clockworkmices

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my 'everyday' foundation. I use it as a base and cover up spots with Revlon Colorstay (: it's pretty average, honestly. It's a good foundation for the price, the bottle lasts a long time and my shade (C1 Rose Ivory) is a near-perfect match for my skin, and it's very buildable. However...it doesn't last very long at all on my oily skin. I'll look in the mirror literally an hour or so later and it'll have just disappeared, and it has a habit of transferring onto any fabric I come into contact with - I'll wipe under my eyes with my sleeve and it comes away with foundation on. I find both these issues really weird because I've used my friends N1 before and that seemed to last much longer than C1, so maybe I got a bad bottle? Who knows. I don't think I'll repurchase this when I run out because of the lasting issue, but it's one of the better lower-priced foundations I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by teresa1083

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

It's not my favorite foundation, but it is not the worst one i have tried either. The application is fairly easy with a decent amount of blend-ability. My major gripe with this product is the colour selection. I know it has a huge range for a drugstore product, but i find most of their colours are too pink. Maybe i just have really hard to match skin since it is so light, but i found that they all had a pink cast to them.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by jgw

i love this!! mac's select spf broke me out really badly so i bought this in an emergency because i didn't want to keep using the mac. to my surprise i loved this so much more, it has a lot of staying power and it's a lot better than most of the "high end" foundations i've tried (clinique, mac, benefit etc). i'm definitely considering buying this again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by trangxln

I've been looking for a new liquid foundation because I didn't want to spend $30 on a foundation. I decided to try the True Match because of it's price. It was cheaper than the other brands.

After using it for a few days, I found that this product is just okay. I don't have oily skin but with this product, at the end of the day my face is very oily. I did use a powder finish and my face was still shiny. W4 matched my skin very well. I wouldn't buy this product again unless I am desperate.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so close to being Holy Grail for me and after trying many foundations I would have to say it's definitely my favorite. The coverage is fantastic (think Revlon Colorstay), it doesn't break me out, but is a tad drying for my aging skin, as long as I used a good moisturizer though it's fine. It has a slight shimmery look to it but doesn't look disco-y at all.