L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 5/26/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this today after seeing one of my friend's skin who is pale like me look amazing in this makeup! So I haven't really got a chance to use it yet, but I will update within a few weeks to see if it breaks me out or if the colors match or anything. One thing I can say about this product is that I think the colors are a bit weird. I love all the selection they have, but I have cool tones in my skin, but the C1 looked way to dark compared to the W1 shade, so I ended up getting warm. And the neutral was too dark to. So just make sure you open the bottles and test them out on your jawline or at least your arm in order to see what is the right color. (Hopefully I picked the right one!) Yeah, I know my information is limited, but a real, thorough review will be forthcoming!

EDIT: It smelled weird and oxidized this weird yellow color in the sunlight. Plus it's way too expensive for a drugstore foundation. Just not good. I've used cheaper products that are way better.

on 5/26/2010 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The great thing about this product is that it has a pretty great color range. The variety of undertones as well as good range of neutral shades really made me stop and look at this foundation. Finding a match is pretty easy if you're aware of your skin's undertone. It's definitely one that will need some powdering to last on oily skin, but other than that, I can't think of any real downsides to this product. The sun protection seems a bit paltry, but that's a good thing to me. I don't like a lot of sunscreen as that photographs poorly. These look absolutely incredible on skin and tend to stay for a good long while.
The packaging is simple, but a bit wasteful.. I must reiterate that pumps are not expensive to implement, yet cosmetic companies resist them like they plague. I think that's my only real gripe with this product, as well.
The colors are great, and the blending is smooth, and yeah... I'd at least suggest everyone giving it a try.

on 5/25/2010 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I wanted to love this because it blends like a dream, is super lightweight (but easily buildable), and offers a great color selection (though I have to mix two shades---but that's with all foundations). It looks gorgeous upon application! Unfortunately, it has shimmer and looked extremely oily by the middle of the day. Also, I kept developing new pimples while using this product.

on 5/21/2010 11:49:00 AM

I completely LOVE this foundation. It's oil-free and feels extremely light on my skin. I have acne, and I had trouble finding a foundation that feels light yet gives great coverage at the same time. This goes on very well and stays the whole day for me, and my skin is extremely oily. The coverage is AMAZING. I am never trying another foundation again, this is perfect! <3

on 5/19/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite drugstore foundations! I get it in w4 (or w5 in the summer) and i have yellow undertones. I find usually when i get makeup for yellow undertones it makes me look way too yellow so i tried out a shade in neutral first (N4 i think) but i love this one better because it really has come the closest to matching my skin tone. I usually have really oily skin, so it glides and disappears perfectly. I love that its lightweight and I don't get that pancake face with this, but some days my skin will be really dry and i can't use this foundation without a moisturizer first or i'll look cakey :( but a major plus is that it doesn't make me break out! I've even left it on while at the gym a few times and I don't break out! Its pretty cheap too compared to other foundations. Bottom line: great light-med coverage foundation for oily skin with great color choices

on 5/17/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I wear this foundation in W4--W5 (Natural Beige--Sand Beige.)

I have tried a lot of different high-end foundations, and I never thought my favorite would be a drugstore foundation! But I keep coming back to this one. This is also the one I get the most compliments on. It gives me a radiant look. I literally GLOW when I wear this foundation! The finish is soft, natural, and luminous. I have noticed that there's a bit of shimmer in this foundation (if you don't like how that sounds--I normally wouldn't either--have no fear because it's really subtle and while it it's in the foundation it doesn't show up noticeably on your face at all.) And a minor heads-up: if you have dry skin like me, be sure to moisturize before applying. This is such a light foundation that when I wear this it feels like there's nothing on my face! The consistency of this foundation reminds me of NARS Sheer Glow (I am NOT suggesting this as a dupe, only comparing the consistency.)

Great foundation--I will keep repurchasing this. Nothing else has made my skin look THIS lovely.

I love love this product. The foundation is amazing it matches my skin perfectly. I have a very fair skin tone with pink and blue undertones to it. Most foundations are either too dark or too yellow for my skin. This one is just right. I put it on and it looks just like my skin not like a mask. It blends like a dream. I wish it had a pump on it but I do like the size of the bottle since it fits into my bag easily without taking a lot of room.

I def. recommend this not only for the amazing quality but also because of the large range of color.

on 5/15/2010 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Its ok,it blends well, but doesnt last long.

on 5/15/2010 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I tried this foundation several years ago and didn't particularly like it because it was too powdery and didn't give good coverage. I decided to try this foundation again after seeing it recommended on the "View" on TV one day when I was switching through channels. I check it out in Wallmart one day and saw it was labeled as "New" True Match. I used the handy color chart which you place over your wrist and wait until a color blends perfectly with your skin tone. This told me I was a N4, and my coloring is very neutral. It looked too dark in the bottle for me, and I put off trying it for several weeks. Today, I decided to try it and was pleasantly surprised that it blended better than my Estee Lauder Double Matte foundation which I have been wearing for years. Still thinking it may be too dark, I had my husband look at my face outside in the sun, and he said it was a perfect color and it looked beautiful on me (he's very pickey about heavy foundation). I will see how this wears on my face and how it oxidizes when my T-zone oil breaks through. At this point, I am very happy with this foundation and the fact it costs a fraction of what I was paying for Estee Lauder. EDIT NOTE: This foundation works best on my bare skin. I still prefer my Estee Lauder Double Matte, but this is a good substitute.

on 5/14/2010 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff. Before I found out about L'oreal True Match I was using $40 Laura Mercier liquid foundation. If I had known how great True Match was I wouldn't have been throwing away that much money.

I love how you can find your skin tone with the little swatches the store provides and in the past I've always looked like I was wearing make up b/c I could never find the exact color. So I always looked kind of orangy no matter how much I blended down to my neck, the color was always a bit off.

I also love how matte the make up comes out on your face. I have uneven skin tone, some red blotches if I'm a little irritated, and the occasional break-outs and these cover everything beautifully and with a smooth finish.

This doesn't irritate my skin at all, doesn't cause break-outs and the small bottle lasts a really long time.

Compared to what I paid for my Laura Mercier foundation this stuff is peanuts in regards to price. So I'm very happy about this product.

I also love how it doesn't melt off during the day. Even the LM foundation would wear off during the day or look oily and start to melt... LTM stays on my face the entire day, and by 5pm closing time at work, my face still looks flawless.