L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/5/2010 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This foundation is a pretty good!! I have the most acne prone skin known to man and it doesn't make me breakout. It has a fantastic colour selection except my skin decides to change tones on a regular basis. I'm a neutral one day, warm the next. Or maybe I'm just crazy. But back to the colour selection. I'm as pale as they come and w1 and n1 are fantastic. Not my HG foundation (that would be a tie between Lancome Ageless Minerale and MUFE HD foundation) but it's a cheap alternative.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

L'Oreal True Match Foundation W1

PROS
-Amazing color selection for drugstore foundation
-Good coverage
-Cheap
CONS
-Doesn't control my oil [rubs off on my very oily nose and chin]
-Very runny/Needs pump!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I do not like this foundation at all! It makes my oily skin even oilier, it rubs off on my clothes, and pretty much everything else. The only good thing is that it matched my skin tone very good (I am a C6/C7). Overall, I would not buy this foundation again! However, I DO like the matching pressed powder.

Over all it's not a bad foundation. There are a lot of colors to choose from for all different skin tones. But I still can't seem to match my self :S W4 works for me during the summer when I am tanned. If I get really dark I can also use W6= NC35. W3 is within my shade but it's to pink even though it's supposed to be in the warm section. This has barely there shimmers that help give your skin a nice radiant glow. This is not as shimmery as Revlon PhotoReady. It blends in nicely. Has a liquid consistency. Medium to build-able full coverage. Does not feel heavy. I wish it came with a pump. It claims to last 8 hrs. I find myself blotting after 3-4 hrs. By the time I reach 6-7 hrs, the foundation is gone from my nose. It's not a bad foundation but could use some improvements.

on 3/1/2010 8:49:00 PM

Didnt like it at all. Maybe its good for oily skin gals but lately my skin been pretty dry, and this foundation made it look even worse - dry and flaky ;=-(

on 3/1/2010 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

*Crosses Fingers* I'm giving this a really good review because I absolutely adore the coverage, color choices, and the dewy look I get after applying this foundation. Just hoping that I don't jinx myself, because I've only had this for two days. However, in the short time that I've used this product, I can honestly say that it has evened out my skin tone and given me the perfect natural look that every women craves for. May be a bit too "sparkly" for some, but I like the look of dewy fresh skin. Just a gripe about this product is that there's no pump!! It's so hard to get just the right amount of foundation onto your hand...augh. But that's only one gripe about the product. :)

As a foundation on regular days, I HATE this. Yeah, it's the only foundation I've found that matched my skin, but it's thick and cakey, looks very powdery and dry, and sinks right into lines on the face, and I'm only 17, lines should not be showing!!!!!! Yuck!!!!!

BUT!

I've found a use for this stuff, believe it or not. I'm a giant thespian (theatre freak) and a musician, so I'm onstage about two-thirds of my life. Being under all those bright, hot lights, you need something that's going to stick, and cover. People can't see you up close, either, unless the camera zooms in on you, and even then, it's not exactly HD.

Enter True Match. I accidentally grabbed this instead of my usual Ben Nye theatrical makeup, and I didn't realize it 'till it was time to get into costume, and I was miles away from home. I decided to make do with it, and it actually worked! No one could laugh at the cakiness of it, because theatrical makeup IS cakey, plus it actually matched my skin, and under the lights and four or five feet away from the audience, it looked great! The only drawback was that without a makeup primer it can start to slip after an hour or so under the hot lights.

So, as theatrical makeup, it receives a four! As an actual foundation though, it get a negative million.

on 2/27/2010 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This product is not good for those with oily skin!
...
I used L'Oreal True Match for a long time before I realized that it was making my skin look worse. I have oily skin and honestly just thought that my oiliness is the reason why this foundation made me look like a grease slick, even after setting it with powder.
...
This product provides sheer to medium coverage, has subtle, shimmery pigments and has an SPF of 19. There is a great color range to select from (about 24 shades), the price is decent, the container is cute though it lacks a pump, and it is blendable and light. The SPF is great, but I find that it makes foundations look shiny since sunblock tends to have a greasy consistency. The shimmery pigments combined with the SPF made me look so SHINY and OILY. Plus, the light coverage did not cover my acne very well. The light formula tends to melt off my face with my body heat and transfers onto clothing easily. I ended up having to blot my face every couple of hours.
OVERALL
PROS
-True Match has a great color range and is light and blendable
-This would be a good foundation with those who have normal skin. I'm not sure how it would be for dry skin.
CONS
-For those of us with oily or acne prone skin, STAY AWAY!
-Shimmery pigments + SPF makes oily skin look even shinier

on 2/27/2010 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gotta be very honest I don't like it. I have trouble finding my shade their either too pink or too orange. Coverage is medium, it does not last on me. I believe it's not working for me because I have super oily skin even tho it says its oil free. It was just not working for me, I hated it. I bought it and it's still new, never used it again. This is my opinion everyones skin is different, what does not work for me might work for you.

on 2/27/2010 3:09:00 AM

UPDATE: I originally wrote a not-too-favorable review on this product but I think my recent experience warrants a new review! I recently went to San Diego and by the second day I had a really dark tan...So my foundation was now too light. By chance, I happened to have a bottle of True Match in shade W6 with me, which is generally too dark for me, but when tanned the shade was a perfect match. My main complaint initially, was that the product was greasy- so since it contains spf 17 I decided to skip my usual moisturizer and just use a primer under it. I used my Sephora anti-shine primer which usually makes foundation blending difficult but since True Match is very, very creamy blending was a breeze. I set it with powder and it looked great. The coverage was medium, but buildable. When I got hone from vacation I bought a bottle of W4 which is almost an exact match to my MUFE HD shade 123 which is my HG foundation!

Video Reviews & Tutorials