December 21, 2014 | 863 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by miakoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i compared true match to make up forever hd foundation and bare minerals powder foundation and id have to say compared to the more expensive brands it does stand up. mfe hd is my hg foundation.

this foundation is pretty good thought for the price. its cheap, it's "super blendable" like it says, and feels like nothing is on your face which is hard to find with foundation and powders these days. i like make up forevers hd foundation's flawless look that is provided in application, but the coverage after one pump begins to look cakey. Id say this foundation is a great start for someone looking fortheir first foundation that wants it to look natural. inconclusionthis product is cheap, looks pretty good, feels like nothing is on your face,theres a billion shades to choose from, so you WILL find your perfect shade, and stays a long time! glad i picked up a bottle! hope this review helped! enjoy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by zunaira

This used to be my favorite foundation for a long time when I didn't know any better. But then it turned on me. It started breaking me out and feeling really oily. The foundation is good for exactly what it says: it is very blendable and the color matches are amazing. I still have never found such a good color match for my yellow-toned skin and thats why i couldn't give up on this for a long time. But this foundation is quite oily and does sort of melt off. The consistency is kinda thin but the coverage is good, but it really doesn't last that long, only for a few hours. It gives a nice glowy finish b/c I think the warm colors have tiny tiny gold specs in it. But then it makes you really oily and melts off.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by livviep

I was really excited to try this product after hearing such good reviews. Sadly, I'm not impressed. I bought W2, but it seems too light, the next shade down is too dark so I don't really have a shade that fits me. Other than that, it is sooo watery! It just settles right into the pores. I feel like I have to put a ton of it on to even make it look like I have make-up. You can still sees dark-circles, blemishes, and redness with it on.. so I'd give it a 1 on coverage. It also dries into a creepy caked-on look (something I thought it wasn't supposed to do?) Perhaps because I'm applying so much.. either way I did not like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

After doing some research, I discovered Dita Von Teese uses this foundation in N1. And this is super *shocking*, to a girl willing to spend as much as takes trying to find that perfect foundation. So I literally ran to drugstore as soon as I read on her Twitter that she uses this. The shade N1 turned out to be a perfect match on me. It has a runny consistency, but it is not sticky like Revlon Colorstay. My only problem is, I could not get this to give me that perfect porcelain skin I was craving!! Dita has naturally great skin so of course anything will look good on her. But on me I still needed a little more coverage...So I added Mineralize Skinfinish on top (she also uses this!!) and it looked pretty good. I did like how easily blended this was, that it is oil-free, and also the great range of shades. When my skin clears up a little more I was definitely be reaching for this more often.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by graznik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this foundation when I was in high school and didn't have a lot of money to spend on make up. I'm also very pale, so most other drugstore brands don't have a shade light enough for me.

The good things about this foundation is the fact that it comes in wide selection of shades, with both cool and warm undertones. Compared to departmentstore brands, it's also fairly affordable. It never caused a break out or made my skin worse in any way. It provides some coverage without being too cakey. The packaging is pretty good too, just a simple pump function.

The not so good things about it, and the reasons that I will never buy it again, is that it's just not that good. Sure, it provides a bit of coverage. But it's not smooth or even, and the finish is too powdery. It's not very pigmented and just feels kind of watery.

The fairly affordable price makes me rate it a 3 rather than a 2.
It's just not good, but it's not terrible either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jetaime1

i don't understand why people are claiming this product is 'thick'?!
this is the thinnest foundation i've ever used, it feels almost water like. To me it seems that because it is so thin, you need more to cover the same area.
And it does emphasize dry patches. And it's winter here, so people are going to have dry skin. Usually if i wear this foundation i put dabs of moisturizer over top of the dry patches just to fix the problem.

I think i'll go back to revlon next time, the king of foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Chingers

Pros
- Great selection of undertones! The "warm" selection is very yellow based!
- Best for oily skin (I have normal/combination skin and crave more moisture)

Cons
- Needs to be blended very quickly before it dries to a 'powder' finish or else it will look caky
- Poor lasting power (without primer)
- Low-medium coverage at best

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I want something heavier than a tinted moisturizer I use this in C1 Alabaster, which is a perfect match for my ppp/pink-toned complexion. Applies evenly, no streaking, does not fade and is kind to my sensitive skin. It comes in a bottle and I do wish it came in a tube ... even though my hands are clean I feel like germs are getting into the packaging. Still, this is a great, inexpensive foundation that I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Reira

simple, easy-to-use product esp. with the pump. texture of foundation is really smooth.

desperately wanted to like this product but it's quite disappointing: minimal coverage, and it turns rather cakey after a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Yvettethecritic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I missed using liquid foundation so I bought this, I had one in G3 since I have yellow undertones. Either it's not the right color for me or the product just sucks. It made my face look unnaturally orange. I doubt it would make my face look natural even when I had the right color. The product was a little thick, and after a few hours of using it, my face looked cakey. It also broke me out after a week of usage.