September 2, 2014 | 1914 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by AspiringItGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use N9 Cacao for my caramel skin tone. This is probably the only high street foundation that actually matches my skin tone, however with my very oily skin and need for coverage this doesnt do so well. My first bottle i continued to use wasnt so bad as long as i used powder, but be careful, this oxidises making your make up slip off and go orangey- ewww. I had to build up quite a bit as well to get the coverage.
I find with the right brush and application this goes on sooo much better and always end up going back to this purely because i havent found my HG yet and this matches my skin tone... plus it doesnt break the bank at like £10 lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by jessicagar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

hate it i got it in neutral it was horrible i compared it with l`oreal feel natural and it works much more better the true match made my skin look lumpy the other didnt. buy feel naturale DO NOT BUY TRUE MATCH!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Mishcab23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really loved this product! It does exactly what it says... you can find a TRUE MATCH for your skin. When I was pale white or tan I could fine one that was perfect. When I wore this I would always get compliments on how even and perfect my skin was, no one knew it was foundation. The only things I didn't like was that it wasn't super long wearing. I bite at my lips and the inside of my cheeks (I know bad habit!) and if I were biting my cheeks and not paying attention I would be rubbing the outside of my cheek with my thumb and after a few times of that it'd come right off and I'd have a big spot that didn't match the rest :( I think if you used a finishing powder on it to set, it would stay put far longer.

The only reason I stopped using it (I used it for 3 years at stopped at 20 - now 24) is because I started to break out. I thought it was this foundation because I NEVER had bad breakouts before 20. Now that I know my skin better I don't think that was it because I've continued to have breakouts sense I've stopped using it. I have missed this foundation ever sense I stopped using it. I've been through countless foundations now trying to find one that gave me the same "flawless without looking cakey" look that also didn't reek havoc on my skin and have had no luck!

Ever sense I started using the Clinique 3 step skin care system my skin is so much better. I have realized the older I get that there are a million reasons for breakouts not just foundation. Mine are mostly stress related, not to mention when I was wearing this a lot of the time I wouldn't wash my face before bed!!!! Gag I know, so much smarter now. I couldn't imagine doing that now :S

I am hoping as soon as I can get my skin clear I can go try this again and if I do I will add an update!

Would def. recommend to people that don't have huge skin problems.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best liquid foundations I've ever used! It blends well (I use a brush to apply), it matches my skin tone beautifully, feels light, and wears fairly well throughout the day. I have oily skin, and I've yet to find a foundation that I don't have to use blotting paper with, but I was impressed with this one. The price is very reasonable. The product is comparable to department store brands.

UPDATE: I prefer a mineral/powder foundation,so I'm now using Cover FX instead. It's light on my skin, keeps oil at bay, and wears well throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Maddie182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it. It blends great, it's a little oily so I usually have to blot after a couple of hours or apply a powder to mattify. But, It's still my favorite liquid foundation yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by LeAnne33

i love this product! i have been buying it over and over again for almost 2 years and using it consistently. It is incredivble, its a blendable, breathable foundation that makes skin appear flawless. I love the range of colors extending from neutrals, warms and cools to contour to your skin tones. I have tried several differet colors, and love blending them and use them all depending on how tan i am in the summer and how white i am in the winter. this is def a foundation everyone should try. i love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first L'Oreal foundation I've ever tried. After reading and hearing a lot of good things about it, I had to give this a try.

This is one of the better drug store foundations I've tried, but I don't know if I LOVE it yet. I have to play with it a bit more to see if I love it.

As far as colors go, their selection is amazing. In fact, the color of the foundation I have (Porcelain; W1) matches my skin tone perfectly; better than any other foundation I've used. It evened out my skin tone very nicely, making my skin look almost literally like porcelain (without looking caked).

There are some things I dislike about this foundation though. For starters, I don't care for the bottle. While the bottle looks classy, I would much rather have it in a tube. A tube would be more sanitary and I would have more control over how much product I want to use at the time. Another complaint I have is that you have to be REALLY careful over how much you use. The first time I used this foundation, I used a little more than I should have and my face looked overly caked in makeup and it was difficult to blend. Be warned: Start off with very little, then work it up if you need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by LashGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this stuff! I've been using it for about one year...I've tried mineral foundations here and there but found that I prefer liquid foundation with powder to set. True Match in N1 is perfect for my ivory skin. It doesn't have too much of one color but it still covers all colors (reds, blues, purples...i have it all! virtually transparent skin) It lasts all day and makes my skin feel super smooth. I also have very sensitive skin and it tends to freak out when I use products with fragrances and such but this foundation gives me no reaction whatsoever. I will continue to use this again and again...I can't expect another product to be much better! I'm thinking of trying their powders soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by livak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a really wrong shade but I wore it a few times to see if i like it to keep looking for a shade that matches. At first i really didn't like it, the packaging is messy because of the bottle, it felt a little drying and like many have already stated felt very heavy on the face. I decided to give it another shot when i thought that i would be able to dilute the color a little bit (it was too dark) with a moisturizer and see if it would work better that way. It really did, though i mixed it with moisturizer about 50/50, but the coverage was still good and it felt much better and less noticeable. It also lasted a lot longer than most of the foundations i've tried before, but i did set it with powder first (with a very light hand), which may have helped keep it on. I have combination skin. So my suggestion is to try and mix it with a bit of moisturizer if it's too heavy and very lightly set with powder. I will update once i find a shade that matches me better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by blacklondon

This did nothing for my skin except make me look streaky and weird and it has hardly any coverage. I hate the consistency and it was really difficult to match this to my skin colour.

I would not recommend this to anyone at all.