July 24, 2014 | 1872 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by candiebear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It broke me out

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't thrilled with this cleanser. The consistency is way too thin and runny for me. Also, it doesn't provide enough lather. I was expecting this to be a very gentle, yet effective, cleanser. In my opinion, it wasn't either of these. Something in this cleanser irritated my skin horribly; plus, it didn't remove my makeup very well at all. I think this would be a good, basic cleanser for someone who doesn't have sensitive skin or wear very much makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike liked this cleanser. It burned my face, eyes and neck terribly. I haven't figured out which ingredient was the culprit in causing such a reaction. It had to be one of the first 6 ingredients or several. Anyway, I bought this 3-4 years ago in a kit that included the HIAJ face and eye cream. It also included the Amazing Grace 3in1. I didn't care for the moisturizer or eye cream. Both were heavy feeling and actually clogged my pores. The only thing I really enjoyed was the Amazing Grace. That sold me on buying the perfume and concentrated perfume oil. As for the rest? If possible, I would have given a Zero rating. Philosophy needs to do some serious reformulating.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by grace11103

this stuff is awesome!!! it is the only one that doesn't leave my skin feeling tight after use.. i've tried so many that claimed it wont but does.. my only vice is that it doesn't get all the eye makeup off in the hard to reach crevices but still does a better job than most.. will repurchase (get off ebay that is)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jkoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is not effective as a face cleanser for me (oily, but sensitive skin) although i never had a bad reaction to it, but works wonderfully as an eye make up remover. I buy the smaller bottle and it removes my waterproof mascara nicely and eyeliner, too. I would not recommend as a facewash, but if you're looking to remove eyemake up easily this is a good choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice gentle cleanser for normal skin types that tones as well as cleans and hydrates. I don't find that it does enough for acne prone skin.
It's downfall is too much fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This has a really pleasant scent--light and sweet, but not cloying. It also has a fairly runny texture and bubbles up a bit, but not too much. Cleanses well without leaving my now-sensitive-from-tretinoin skin feeling irritated or stripped. (Caveat: I use a cleansing oil to remove makeup and sunscreen before using a regular facewash). Packaging is simple, modern and functional. I used up a whole 4 oz. sample without it causing any problems. I really, really enjoyed the light fragrance, which actually made face washing pleasant. So I may repurchase, though I'd check eBay first before paying full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by emmathan

This is so great but it's just too expensive for a daily cleanser. It works very well at getting off makeup, it doesn't dry me out or make me too oily or make me break out, and it smells fantastic. But it just makes no sense to pay so much for something you would use so often.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kiwiipi3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it dries out my skin but it takes off makeup really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by vyxxyn

I have dry and extremely fussy sensitive skin which has been rejecting other upmarket and supermarket cleansers with much rage from breakouts to dried out skin, to flaky reddish patches. Everytime I travel I take a small quantity with me. I've been to hot, dry, wet, and cold climates and can vouch that this is the only cleanser that delivers regardless of climate. Purity is by far the best and most gentle facial cleanser I've used in 25 years, and I've been using it twice daily for almost a year now. It removes most make up although I'd say not all waterproof formulas, especially jet black waterproof mascara that has been applied in layers. In such cases, an additional wash would do the job. Purity goes on like a gel-cream, does not lather and feels a little oily. Once you rinse your face all comes off. Unlike some non-foaming cleansers that leave an oily residue that takes some scrubbing to get off, Purity comes off in a jiffy upon contact with water. From reading the reviews I gather it might not suit all skin types, therefore if you're new to the product, I suggest getting a sample - bring a small disposable plastic bag or container and request permission to dispense about enough for 3 uses. If you decide to buy after trying, get the largest bottle which is great value for your money. Using it twice daily in about dime-sized amounts which is enough per wash, the largest bottle should be able to last you at least 18 months. The only hang up I have is the packaging, a pump dispenser would be more hygienic. As for the scent, it's like synthetic flowers with a hint of lemon which to some, might take a while getting used to. As long as you use sparingly, the scent will not linger.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No