April 18, 2014 | 1928 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by liz2010

This is hands down the best cleanser I have EVER used. My skin is glowy and healthy afterwards and it really provides a deep down clean. I always try new products but in the end I ALWAYS go back to this. I love it :-) the price is a bit steep but for me its totally worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by evilspicee

I love this cleanser! It is so gentle, doesn't irritate the eyes and takes off all your makeup! I have pretty dry skin and this does not dry it out. I have used many cleansers and this is the only one that I have bought over and over. This is probably my favorite product of Philosophy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TL3031

This product broke me out after 3 days. The smell is very contradicting, this smells anything but pure. Left my face feeling like it hadn't really been washed. I enjoy a slightly tight feeling after I wash my oily acne-prone face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Rupilicious

This is great product. It left my skin feeling really smooth afterwards. I even use this sometimes to wash my brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ocd888

This is a nice and gentle cleanser for my combination/ oily T-zone skin. My skin is so smooth afterwards. I like the scent too. The packaging is average for such a wonderful cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

I bought this product to go with the mediocre at best hope in a jar moisturizer. Even though what i had was working just fine, and costs half as much, I just have this thing with my products all being the same brand. stupid. anyways, i've been relatively patient with this product but my skin has only gotten increasingly worse since i've been using it. My face feels dry, not exceptionally clean, and my cheeks are breaking out badly. The other morning i actually counted like 8 pimples on ONE side of my face. Today, I finally admitted defeat and switched back to my old cleanser and all the redness calmed down and no new breakouts. hazzah. I can ditch the paper bag! Fie on you philosophy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by dionline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great cleanser when used properly. I tried this once before and it dried the heck out of my face...red, itchy and very tight. After watching the model on QVC put it all over, even her eyes to remove mascara, etc...,I thought, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I always remove my makeup first so that the cleanser can do just that - cleanse, NOT remove the makeup. But it must have just stripped my skin. This time I just put some in the palm of my hand, added a few drops of water and massaged all over - even my eyes. It didn't irritate my eyes at all (big surprise for me!), my lipstick came off, every bit of foundation was removed and my skin felt soft and not dry at all. Even thought philosophy doesn't make a toner I always use one anyway prior to applying my treatment or moisturizer. I'm very pleased this time and will continue using it. I'll probably get the huge size with a pump just for the convenience. Count me as a happy user!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 9:46:00 AM More reviews by joann287

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face didn't feel clean after using this product. DEFINITELY not worth the $$. Buy something cheaper and better. Philosophy has brilliant marketing, saying their stuff is sooooo great; news flash, it's not, it's all marketing. NOT WORTH THE $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by brookeab

I LOVE purity! I purchased the monster 32 oz size from QVC, and I love that it has a pump. This is the ONLY product i have found that can totally remove my makeup without having to rub my skin raw. It even takes off the mascara that I use, and I use a lot since I have no eye lashes. It does not bother my eyes and it's nice to be able to get my mascara off without the product bothering me. It also makes my skin feel super soft and very clean. If you are looking for a great cleanser, go for this one! I would buy this again in a second!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite cleanser for my combination skin. For years I have used Clinique 3 Step, but it never took all my makeup off without using toner. This cleanser takes off all my makeup and it does not dry my cheeks and forehead. I use it every night alone with Hope in a Jar and my skin has never felt better.