September 15, 2014 | 905 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by JessicaDee

I love this stuff. My face always feels clean after i use it and it doesnt dry out my skin or cause breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by 2strays2greys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite cleanser. I started with a trial size and it lasted a long time. This cleanser smells good, doesn't burn my eyes, and gets off all my makeup -- even mascara. I will keep using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by starrypinkk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw a trial size of this product for sale at sephora and decided to try it out since I had read some good reviews on it. I'm very glad I did! For reference, I have normal to dry skin that never breaks out. This gentle cleanser is very moisturizing for my dry skin. The scent almost reminds me of the Dove bar scent, so if that bothers you, this product probably isn't for you. Since using this product, my skin has felt very soft. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by scmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser I've ever tried! And I'm very picky about my skincare. I've never found a cleanser that takes off alllllll my makeup (I wear a lot) AND leaves my skin squeaky clean AND so soft and smooth! It has definitely helped my breakouts and is not irritating at all!
I actually can't wait to wash my face now!
I usually like cleansers that foam up and though this one doesn't, the end result (CLEAN SKIN) makes me forget that it even matters.
I will purchase more philosophy products just based on this amazing cleanser from them.
Oh and about the price: at first it seems a little expensive, but when taking in how little you need to use and how long it will last (and the fact that you can even skip your toner and moisturizer if you want) it's so worth every penny. Purchase the largest size if you want to get more for your buck. The ONLY thing I would change about this product is that I would package it with a pump!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: Pleasant plant scent, easy to rinse cleanser that removes my light everyday makeup and sunscreen. I apply this dry to my skin, add water to lather, and then rinse. Does not feel overly drying or cause me to breakout.
Packaging: I usually get this in a giant bottle. It lasts a long time and the packaging is distinctive, but I would strongly recommend that Philosophy add a pump option to this cleanser. It would be a LOT easier to use, and I like this product.
Price: Moderate to slightly expensive. I use a lot less of this since I began applying it dry and then lathering. If you like trying products, many of Philosophy's kits include this cleanser.
Cons: Lots of essential oils on the ingredient list- if you're sensitive to fragrance or to the oils themselves, this probably isn't for you. I'd guess you might also need to double cleanse or use eye makeup remover if you wear more makeup than I do on a daily basis (I wear washable mascara, for example, and rarely wear eye liner/never tightline). I don't think this product will easily remove long-lasting makeup.
Buy again: Yes. This is similar to a Biotherm clarifying cleansing milk that I really like, but is much harder to find.
Edit: DH and I have soft water in the house now. While I still like this product, I think it's leaving a film on my face and I've switched to a foaming cleanser for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kexin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! It takes off my makeup, leaves my skin feeling very clean and very soft. And I love the smell of this stuff. It is the only cleanser that doesn't aggravate my rosacea skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by candiebear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It broke me out

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't thrilled with this cleanser. The consistency is way too thin and runny for me. Also, it doesn't provide enough lather. I was expecting this to be a very gentle, yet effective, cleanser. In my opinion, it wasn't either of these. Something in this cleanser irritated my skin horribly; plus, it didn't remove my makeup very well at all. I think this would be a good, basic cleanser for someone who doesn't have sensitive skin or wear very much makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike liked this cleanser. It burned my face, eyes and neck terribly. I haven't figured out which ingredient was the culprit in causing such a reaction. It had to be one of the first 6 ingredients or several. Anyway, I bought this 3-4 years ago in a kit that included the HIAJ face and eye cream. It also included the Amazing Grace 3in1. I didn't care for the moisturizer or eye cream. Both were heavy feeling and actually clogged my pores. The only thing I really enjoyed was the Amazing Grace. That sold me on buying the perfume and concentrated perfume oil. As for the rest? If possible, I would have given a Zero rating. Philosophy needs to do some serious reformulating.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by grace11103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is awesome!!! it is the only one that doesn't leave my skin feeling tight after use.. i've tried so many that claimed it wont but does.. my only vice is that it doesn't get all the eye makeup off in the hard to reach crevices but still does a better job than most.. will repurchase (get off ebay that is)