September 21, 2014 | 1192 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 12:00:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP, otherwise I would never have tried this ... and am glad I didn't pay for it. Although I really like the fat brush, this mascara applies too wet (although it didn't spray onto my lid, like some wet mascaras do) and straightened my just-curled lashes. I recurled, and applied another coat, but alas! My lashes don't look full or lush - just spidery thin and flat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 8:30:00 AM More reviews by deweydrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I, like everyone else, got this in a GWP. Now, I do like the naturally glossy mascara, so I figured this would be just as nice. WRONG...I feel it did nothing for my lashes...no oomph, no volume, no nothing. It applies extremely wet too. I DO like the brush...but I will probably not re-purchase this.

Who would have thought that I'd go back to my Voluminous (which I'm slowly warming up too) after trying this sub-par product.

Edited to add - this stuff is hands down MUCH better than Maybelline Turbo boost...no additional lippy - just wanted to throw another comparison in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 11:26:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow I am impressed. I got this with a gwp package. I tried today and was surprised at how long and dark my lashes looked. I have rather short, curly lashes, so I need lengthening and thickening, not curling from a mascara. If I keep getting good results, I may just replace my Diorshow, which is ridiculously expensive anyway, with this. Update: This is my HG mascara. I bought the full size and Im finally content. I love that the color is truly BLACK not dusty black or off black but jet black.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 8:34:00 AM More reviews by lucyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have finally found a mascara that I will buy again - it makes my long but sparse lashes full and volumous. The packaging is cool (very dark green)and its a reasonable price too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lvlwing

This is hands down the best mascara I've ever used. It is amazing the difference it makes! My lashes looked so fantastic with this mascara. Words cannot illustrate how much I love it. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

I can understand why people with short, almost non-existant lashes would not like this mascara. The wand is fluffy--which is the main reason I love it. I have naturally thick, long eyelashes. With other wands I was forced to apply way too much, which caused it to clump. I have had no trouble with clumping or eyelashes sticking together with this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2004 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lkoehler

I recommend removing the excess mascara from the wand before applying - I get much better results this way!!! As long as I do this, I get comparable results to my old standby, Lancome Amplicils, and for seven dollars cheaper. Have no problems with the High Impact mascara flaking or smearing and it is easy to remove with just soap and water.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It gave me lush, full lashes-for the first 5 minutes. This was very wet and made black circles inder my eyes, and weighed down my curl of my eyelashes. Thank God this was a GWP. Diorshow is MUCH better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by queenbee19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received this as a sample and I was pleased with it. What I like the best about this product is that it separates my lashes. It also puts on a smooth coat, which doesn't necessarily make my lashes look significant longer, which is fine. I like the full, long brush. The drawback is that it's a bit wet, so it takes a bit to dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2004 10:54:00 AM More reviews by highspeedblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara in the color Plum Drama because I wanted to try colored mascara and I always had good results with Clinique mascara. This was very disappointing. The brush is too fluffy making it hard to apply perfectly. More than one or two coats makes a clumpy mess. The color is not very significant at all, unless you are under direct light. I wouldn't buy this again, in fact I've barely used the one I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 11:42:00 PM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I received my tube as a free sample from gloss.com. It lengthens like no other! My lashes were soooo long after I used this... and believe me, I was not blessed in the eyelashes area. The only problem I really had with it is that it had a tendency to flake off. Also, it didn't really thicken, but that's why you layer a thickening mascara over it! :-) I will definitely be purchasing High Impact Mascara again and again and again...