July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This certainly is long lasting! (played a netball game yesterday and this was stil in place!) It has med-full coverage. It really depends on how you apply it. I use a sponge and it has never looked to heavy but on the otherhand my sister used to wear this and it always looked too much, too obvious. I would think you would need to use an oil based cleanseror precleanser to get this off. My cleanser is and I also exfoliate after, so I have not broken out from this(was a bit worried after wearing this playing netball though haha). My skin is very fair and Bone is the best match.
I have acne scars along the side of my mouth and this makes them disappear! I'm always amazed, shocked and delighted when I see my skin while wearing this :-) When I catch a glimpse in a mirror I almost feel a little smug haha fooling people into thinking I have great skin! I wouldn't say it looks 'light and dewy' or something like that, but with careful blending it CAN look nice and natural.
It was $66 AU which honestly is about $10 cheaper than what I usually get (a mineral pressed powder) and I'm fine with paying that for these results. Although I wish it came in a pump bottle...I have noticed that the other long lasting foundations I have used have all had this style bottle so...maybe this is the only way??
Haven't seen any pics with me wearing this so I don't know if it will have the ghost like effect, the fact it has spf 15 makes me unsure but hopefully it's all good!!
Just remember not to put too much on. With full coverage use light application...= excellent presentation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Belle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have many scars on my face which need a maximum coverage foundation to cover them. This does the job well, although it took me a good 2 months to work out how to apply it correctly for the effect I wanted. It is quite thick and almost dries like a paint, so you need to be quick when applying! Using a brush gives me even coverage and it is easily buildable if you need an even higher level of coverage. I really like the smell, although a few of my friends dislike it. However it doesn't linger and is gone by the time I'm out the door. It definitley lasts for many, many hours, and It covers up my undereye circles perfectly! I've also noticed that my eyeshadow is lasting alot longer. I recently ran out of UDPP and I don't think I'll buy it again as this does pretty much the same job! I barely need any concealer when using this, and only a very light dusting of mineral powder around my nose and the edges of my face. It lasts, has brilliant coverage and has a decent shade range although I would reccomend going to one of the EL counters and having the foundation applied for you and then deciding if it is the one for you. The price is okay (I paid £22) as I don't mind shelling out for a good qaulity foundation. It sits on my face all day and every day so it has to be good! Overall I really like this foundation, not quite my HG (the bottle isn't designed very well however expensive looking and pretty it is, I wish it had a pump!) but very close.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jennifer26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

umm wat can i say?
yes its a good foundation if you use the right method to apply and good amount control.
it has a great coverage and lasts ALL DAY! but u can easily look cakey
so u need to be careful
and dont like the bottle its such a mess to get the fdt out

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by rmmst22

Very good quality product, thick but with appropriate application won't be a problem. buildable coverage, stays put on oily skin. only downfall is price and packaging - would prefer a pump - but the product itself is my holy grail foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by islandgyrl927

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have strayed from this product and then kept coming back to it. This whole time I have tried finding my HG foundation, it was always right under my nose. As much as I really loved this product and the results I got from it, I strayed from it every now and then because of the heavy feeling it gave me. But there are things I value in a foundation more than just the way it feels on, such as staying power and overall look. I have to say no other foundation I've tried (HE or LE) is no match for this when it comes to staying power. This is the only foundation I've found that looks gorgeous from the minute I put it on to 8 hours later. I STRONGLY recommend this for women with oily skin. Now the heavy feeling of this is really not that bad, but if it bothers you, I would recommend Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation. The staying power on that is just as good, but I like the look I get with this better. I still always have my Merle on hand which I love, but EL DW is, and I guess always has been, my HG. As far as packaging goes, this sucks. I really don't like how this comes in a bottle because it can be really hard to get the rest of this stuff out, and it doesnt come with a pump which makes it not so sanitary. I also feel like the expensive looking packaging on this adds toward the fairly high price on this foundation, so I'm paying for packaging I don't even like. Regardless, I am still in love with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by TinaSheipline

I'm so glad I only got a couple samples of this stuff. The color selection is not great and this stuff is so thick and heavy. That acutally isn't what bothered me about this. I somewhat liked the full coverage I got from this but unfortunately I has a sort of reaction to it. My jawline and neck had an horrible rash that was red and itchy and dry. It took me 2 weeks to get back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Lomonster

I had to come back to my Double Wear! After switching to Prescriptives, I thought I was over this foundation, but whenever I would experience break-outs, nothing would cover and make me feel as confident as DW.
True, it is a heavier foundation (although it can be smoothed out nicely with a sponge) but it is for us girls that are not blessed with perfect skin! This has the best and prettiest coverage if you can learn how to work it. And yes, the color selection sucks, but luckily sand is perfect for me. When it gets too light in the summer, I just mix it with a darker color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great for oil control and velvety coverage! The only dislike is that it makes your skin feel a bit tight and uncomfortable, but it's worth it for the way it makes your skin look. Wish it came in a pump.
I like this better than Revlon's Colorstay, which dosen't give as nice of a finish- the Revlon is a little chalky, compared with this.
I sometimes will mix with some oil free moisturizer, makes it feel a little better on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by omeleko

this is an extreamly thick full coverage foundation. my mom bought this for herself and i use to use it to do her makeup. she's got dry kinda wrinkly skin (sorry mom!) and it was just so hard to blend this foundation out so i started to apply it with a damp foundation brush and that seemed to help out a bit, but after a few hours it would settle into her lines and wrinkles and end up looking cakey. that happened even though she used a moisturizer 5 min prior to application. eventually she switched over to maybelline's dream liquid mousse foundation and that works a LOT better, i use maybelline's foundation as well and i love it. i would recommend that over EL's foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this product came in a pump, it would be perfect packaging for this. I have tried a lot of foundations, both drug store and dept store. I have oily skin in t-zone, sometimes oily everywhere. This is the only foundation that has stayed the same when I put it on in the morning as it does at the end of the day. It truly lasts all day and there's no need to touch up my blush, like I used to do with other foundations, because the color wouldn't stay on. All I have to do is touch up a bit with some powder for some light oilyness in the middle of the day.
The only drawback with this foundation is the color match. Some shades can be very yellow or very pink. So if possible see if you can get a sample first to make sure the color is right. Also, the trick that made this foundation give me the perfect finish is to apply it with a damp sponge and use only a tiny bit of the foundation at first. That way the foundation looks light and the coverage is a little bit more sheer.