July 29, 2014 | 1883 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2003 1:56:00 AM More reviews by scarlettallison1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dandelion lives up to its promises. I have used it as a blush, but I prefer it as a brightening powder. I have been complemented on my healthy flush many times while wearing Dandelion. It's in a really cute little box, it smells pretty, and it lasts because it seems to absorb oil well in its setting-powder function. The pink color of Dandelion adds more of a flush than a grandma-toned bright pink blush, so I think gals with any skin color could use it and look fresh and healthy. **UPDATE 11/27** Those of you who are worried about such a tiny amount of powder for $26.00 can relax. (I know I was worried about the price but I couldn't resist the stuff...)
;-) I've had my container since June, and I haven't even broken through to see a little of the tin yet. I use this regularly. My skin is fair, so I don't have to use a lot to get good color, but the fact that Dandelion doesn't crumble like crazy when you run the brush through it really does assure me that it lasts a LONG time!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2003 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Cordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I received it as a gift, and I'm so glad, because I'm not sure I'd have risked spending the money otherwise. I have fair skin with freckles, but some natural colour on my cheeks, so I'm not pale. This shows up really nicely on my skintone - the perfect ballet pink. It gives me a nice natural glow. I haven't tried it as an all over glow powder, because I don't think it would work like that on me. As a blush, however, it's perfect. The packaging is very pretty, but not really portable, so I'm taking off some points for that. I kind of like the little brush in it, however. I actually apply it with this, even though I didn't think that would work well, and if I need to I finish blending it with my blush brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2003 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Angel_Ling

Another product I was lemming solely because of MUA raves. *hears a flutter of paper* What's that sound? Hmm...suddenly my wallet feels lighter. Oh that's right, I've logged onto MUA and somehow money flies out of my wallet. Boo. Anyway, about Dandelion. It's so fabulous, I love it. And I've usually been rather indifferent about powdered blushes. (I thought I found a HG last year when I got a gel blush, but that fascination quickly ended.)

Dandelion is rather small, less than 2x2 inches. It comes with a small brush, which is wonderful--very thick but soft. The color is a beautiful carnation pink--a lot of pink with a touch of mauve. There is a touch of gold shimmer which does not appear on your cheeks. The color it gives my cheeks is amazing (and normally, I never think about my cheek color or whatnot)--a gorgeous natural flush. I look so much more awake and cheerful with this color on. I highly recommend this. In fact, I think...I think this could be a HG. There, I've said it. A HG! PS: I'm a NC20 and had no problem with this showing up on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2003 10:57:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

Wow, I can't believe that I hadn't tried this product before. Dandelion gives me a great light rosy blush without being too much or too little. I love that it looks natural and isn't too shimmery. I wish that it came in a sturdier packaging so taht I could carry it around with me in my purse though. But I do like the fact that it comes with a brush. I'm an LLL and when I apply, I need to apply two layers to make the color show up more prominently. I noticed that I get more color to show up when I use my own blush brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2003 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Phatty

I tried this product last May and it showed up nicely on my skin, then a few months later I bought it, and it didn't show up AT ALL! I applied layers and layers with multiple brushes and it still wouldn't show up. I had the same color skin *no tan* and no other makeup that would cancel it out. I would only buy this if I sampled it at the store and saw an actual difference. This would only show up on someone who was VERY PPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2003 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lucidbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail.
1. Number of compliments I have received wearing it : Countless
2. Probability of getting a compliment while wearing it : 60-70%
3. Number of times I have worn it: Daily from Mon-Sat for the last 2 months

This is a sheer pretty pink that is perfect for my LLL, NC 25, BB Sand complexion. It has just the right amount of shimmer which is not too garish. It is sheer so you never have to worry you are putting on too much as you layer it on. It lats through the day. Sometimes, I dab a faint creme blush (BB pale pink, PX Mystick Women, Ettusias Cream souffle in Pink) and dust Dandelion over the cheeks. The effect lasts into evening despite the hot humid climate in Singapore. There is a faint pleasant scent that is not too overpowering; I dare say it'd be too much if the scent was stronger though.

This is a great day blush and I have relagated my Nars orgasm, sin and Erno Laszlo mutli-phase blusher to special evenings out (when I want stronger more pigmented colours).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by chaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I caved in and bought this after being bombarded by how wonderful it was on MUA and in magazine articles. What a waste! I couldn't get this to show up on my NC 30 skin. The brush it comes w/ is worthless too. I gave this 2 lippies b/c the blush does smell nice - why you need a scented blush is beyond me though :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2003 2:52:00 PM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My friend gave this to me as a gift (*waves to ktm13*), and I'm most definitely in love. I swirl a fluffy blush brush around in the box a few times to pick up enough colour, and it definitely shows up on my NC15 skintone. I use it mainly as a blush, as I generally try to avoid adding pink to my entire complexion. The colour is a light neutral-to slightly-warm pink with a hint of golden shimmer, so it should suit both cool and warm skintones just fine. I love the smell of this--it's like sitting out in a garden--but I don't know that scented blushes are really necessary. In any case, I would likely purchase this again, because I haven't found anything that gives quite the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2003 10:58:00 AM More reviews by omegakitty

Love, love, love this all except the brush (I use a different brush). I use this almost everyday and it really brightens up my entire face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Miss_J

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I felt kinda weird about spending twenty six dollars on a fairly small box, but then realized that this would probably last me awhile :)
I think that it looks great on my skin though. I can lightly ( I mean lightly) dust it all over my face for a pretty, natural glow, and I can layer it for a blush or eyeshadow effect. Dandelion really simplifies my makeup bag too... perfect!